The 7D2D Mod Launcher - A Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die

sphereii

Github or Gitlab? Most of the reports I get from corrupted data like above is coming from gitlab. They seem to have an inconsistent connection

oops very sorry that was a brain fart, not github. it is gitlab, through the launcher (not working) and manually downloading from his repository (working, dls 4gb in less than a min) https://gitlab.com/KhaineGB/dfexperimentala18client

oops very sorry that was a brain fart, not github. it is gitlab, through the launcher (not working) and manually downloading from his repository (working, dls 4gb in less than a min) https://gitlab.com/KhaineGB/dfexperimentala18client

No worries.

I tried to import the location into my bitbucket account, and it times out. I tried to use github desktop to clone it, and it's timing out. Web-download works.

Seems like gitlab is having trouble with git. Ironic.

ok that's good. maybe it's a wee hours of the morning type problem but I have seen this happen before kind of frequently. It was my first experience with the experimental branch so I thought I would post.

I have this warning when launching the latest version of experimental. On the regular stable version csharp.dll library has compiled normally...any idea what is going on there?

DMT Scripts Detected.

Downloading DMT...

SDX Downloaded. Checking SDX Dependencies.

Starting SDX Launcher: M:\7D2D\Alpha18\Darkness_Falls\DF_Experimental\SDX Repos\DMTViewer.exe /Silent /ScriptOnly /GameFolder ../ /ModFolder ../Mods /EnableAllMods

0|Parsing arguments

0|Auto Build

process started /InitialPatch /GameFolder "../" /ModFolder "../Mods" /ScriptOnly /EnableAllMods

Parsing arguments

Running BackupFiles

This Assembly-CSharp.dll file has already been patched by SDX so can not be used as a backup. Reset your game files and try again.

Build failed

process exited with error code -1

SDX Exit Code: 0

Launching \7DaysToDie.exe -logfile \7DaysToDie_Data\output_log.txt -configfile=\SaveConfig.xml

Game Started

ok that's good. maybe it's a wee hours of the morning type problem but I have seen this happen before kind of frequently. It was my first experience with the experimental branch so I thought I would post.

I have this warning when launching the latest version of experimental. On the regular stable version csharp.dll library has compiled normally...any idea what is going on there?

DMT Scripts Detected.

Downloading DMT...

SDX Downloaded. Checking SDX Dependencies.

Starting SDX Launcher: M:\7D2D\Alpha18\Darkness_Falls\DF_Experimental\SDX Repos\DMTViewer.exe /Silent /ScriptOnly /GameFolder ../ /ModFolder ../Mods /EnableAllMods

0|Parsing arguments

0|Auto Build

process started /InitialPatch /GameFolder "../" /ModFolder "../Mods" /ScriptOnly /EnableAllMods

Parsing arguments

Running BackupFiles

This Assembly-CSharp.dll file has already been patched by SDX so can not be used as a backup. Reset your game files and try again.

Build failed

process exited with error code -1

SDX Exit Code: 0

Launching \7DaysToDie.exe -logfile \7DaysToDie_Data\output_log.txt -configfile=\SaveConfig.xml

Game Started

Darkness Falls is a pre-built mod, so adding in modlets that require building won't work well with it.

Reading up on it, looks like Gitlab has been doing some upgrades and migrations in the last 24 hours. These should all be done and resolved, and shouldn't be causing an issue.

If you are still experiencing an issue, consider trying this:

1) Click on your Start menu, type in CMD, right click on "Command Prompt", and choose Run As Administrator

2) type in ipconfig /flushdns

3) Restart the mod launcher, and try again.

Reading up on it, looks like Gitlab has been doing some upgrades and migrations in the last 24 hours. These should all be done and resolved, and shouldn't be causing an issue.

1) Click on your Start menu, type in CMD, right click on "Command Prompt", and choose Run As Administrator

sure will do. I tried those all before I posted. I will try again later this afternoon in case my ISP hasn't updated (early am here now)

Hey Sphereii tried again for you. I let it go all the way to max timeout. Launcher is v2.1.16.15076

https://pastebin.com/UNs8r33a

edit: I tested some other mods and they seem to work like expected, can download or pre-sync without issues. It's just the DF experimental seems to have issues

Edited by belowzeros (see edit history)

KGB was posting to another user who brought this up, just wanted to copy you

For now, download it from nexus mods and manually install.

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie...tab=posts&BH=1

I had an e-mail from Gitlab saying there was a problem with the repo on THEIR end. I'm waiting for confirmation it's fixed and then I need to re-upload everything.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sphereii

I had issues opening launcher,i finally got it open and i still get errors,so just wanted to send the error log for you to look a to see if you can make sense of it.

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Is Network deployed? False

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Current Mod Launcher Version: 2.1.16.15076

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Attempting to download Database from Primary

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Primary Download Site failed: System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send. ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)

at System.Net.FixedSizeReader.ReadPacket(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)

at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReceiveBlob(Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)

at System.Net.Security.SslState.CheckCompletionBefore NextReceive(ProtocolToken message, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)

at System.Net.Security.SslState.ForceAuthentication(B oolean receiveFirst, Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)

at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessAuthentication (LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(Exec utionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionCon text executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionCon text executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Net.TlsStream.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsy ncResult result)

at System.Net.TlsStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)

at System.Net.PooledStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)

at System.Net.ConnectStream.WriteHeaders(Boolean async)

at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(Uri address, String fileName)

at _7D2DLauncher.frmMain.DownloadNewDatabase() in C:\Users\Jeff\Documents\GitHub\7D2DModLauncher\7D2 DLauncher\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher.cs:line 230

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Trying Mirror...

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain -

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - ==================================================

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - New Start - 4/12/2020 11:22:55 AM

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - ==================================================

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Checking Steam Path: h:\steam3\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading h:/steam3\Config\config.vdf file for alternate Steam files

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Checking Steam Path: D:\\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Setting up Default View

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Error reading from Default List: System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send. ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)

at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)

at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartSendBlob(Byte[] incoming, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)

at System.Net.Security.SslState.ForceAuthentication(B oolean receiveFirst, Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)

at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessAuthentication (LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(Exec utionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionCon text executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionCon text executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Net.WebClient.OpenRead(Uri address)

at _7D2DLauncher.frmMain.GetRecentChanges() in C:\Users\Jeff\Documents\GitHub\7D2DModLauncher\7D2 DLauncher\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher.cs:line 4108

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Udating Remote Server list

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading Remote Server:

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Done reading remote server list.

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Updating TreeView Mods

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading Logo: System.Drawing.Bitmap

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Updated TreeView Mods

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - AutoUpdater

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Primary Download Site failed: System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send. ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartSendBlob(Byte[] incoming, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)

at _7D2DLauncher.frmMain.DownloadNewDatabase() in C:\Users\Jeff\Documents\GitHub\7D2DModLauncher\7D2 DLauncher\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher.cs:line 230

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - New Start - 4/12/2020 1:05:31 PM

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Checking Steam Path: h:\steam3\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading h:/steam3\Config\config.vdf file for alternate Steam files

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Checking Steam Path: D:\\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Error reading from Default List: System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send. ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

at _7D2DLauncher.frmMain.GetRecentChanges() in C:\Users\Jeff\Documents\GitHub\7D2DModLauncher\7D2 DLauncher\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher.cs:line 4108

Hi Sphereii

I had issues opening launcher,i finally got it open and i still get errors,so just wanted to send the error log for you to look a to see if you can make sense of it.

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Primary Download Site failed: System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send. ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

at System.Net.FixedSizeReader.ReadPacket(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)

at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReceiveBlob(Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)

at System.Net.Security.SslState.CheckCompletionBefore NextReceive(ProtocolToken message, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - New Start - 4/12/2020 11:22:55 AM

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Primary Download Site failed: System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send. ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - New Start - 4/12/2020 1:05:31 PM

Thank you for letting me know. It looks like your connection to the hosting site was a bit sketchy at times.

Good Day Sphereii .. it has been awhile and I hope all is Well with you and family.

But, why Im writing is that you are getting Modlets being installed on the Launcher that have No info on them and I'm not able to find anything out about them .. new one today is ..

ExcitusXtreme .. nothing on the forum about it .....

ThatOneGuild Overhaul .. I'm playing this one I really enjoy and that is, but again no info on the forums .. but would to chat with creator about a couple small issues ....

Anyway .. is there a way to get ahold of these authors or do you have a link somewhere for them?

Keep safe and Be Well ... as always, Have Fun and Enjoy ... the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

Good Day Sphereii .. it has been awhile and I hope all is Well with you and family.

But, why Im writing is that you are getting Modlets being installed on the Launcher that have No info on them and I'm not able to find anything out about them .. new one today is ..

ExcitusXtreme .. nothing on the forum about it .....

ThatOneGuild Overhaul .. I'm playing this one I really enjoy and that is, but again no info on the forums .. but would to chat with creator about a couple small issues ....

Anyway .. is there a way to get ahold of these authors or do you have a link somewhere for them?

Keep safe and Be Well ... as always, Have Fun and Enjoy ... the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

Unfortunately, I don't know if there is a way to reach out to the authors. Their mods were submitted to me via email. One is for a server group, and I think the other is German-made. I do not believe they have a forum prescence at all.

One thing you may be able to do is look for their Download link in the mod launcher, and go to their mod hosting site, which is usually gitlab or github. With a free account, you can submit an "Issue" that they may see and fix.

Hi sphereii, i really love your work there. However, i have been facing this problem since i started the launcher:

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-tempid":"temp_28948_1587065456275_615","title":"error.png"}[/ATTACH]

And when the launcher opened its status is like this:

error2.png.1b7c443c68f64fb2310c9fa4250620fb.png

In the result, the mod i wanted could not dowload to the copied folder of 7D2D. I hope you can solve this problem!!

Btw, can i play this mod with my friend? He has already installed the war3zuk mod without errors.

Edit: Restart the computer or reinstall the launcher cannot solve the problem.

Edited by jerabira (see edit history)

Hi sphereii, i really love your work there. However, i have been facing this problem since i started the launcher:

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-tempid":"temp_28948_1587065456275_615","title":"error.png"}[/ATTACH]

And when the launcher opened its status is like this:

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\terror2.png Views:\t0 Size:\t41.3 KB ID:\t1727211","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"1727211","data-size":"full","title":"error2.png"}[/ATTACH]

In the result, the mod i wanted could not dowload to the copied folder of 7D2D. I hope you can solve this problem!!

Btw, can i play this mod with my friend? He has already installed the war3zuk mod without no error.

Edit: Restart the computer or reinstall the launcher cannot solve the problem.

Sorry for the trouble. That can happen if something blocks the download.

Try this and see if it helps:

1) Download directly: https://github.com/7D2DModLauncher/D...qlite?raw=true

2) Open up explorer to %TMP%, and save the file there. Re-open the mod launcher.

Sorry for the trouble. That can happen if something blocks the download.

Try this and see if it helps:

1) Download directly: https://github.com/7D2DModLauncher/D...qlite?raw=true

2) Open up explorer to %TMP%, and save the file there. Re-open the mod launcher.

Thanks you! It only works if i put the file into %TMP% right after the massage pop up (which means i need to launch the launcher first and wait until the error message pops up then put the file into the folder), otherwise the file will be removed and its status is still "DATABASE NOT FOUND". Well that means i need to do it manually every time i start the launcher. It is quite annoyed you know. It's okay if you cannot fix this right away but in the future i hope you do.

Thanks again and have a good day!

Unfortunately, I don't know if there is a way to reach out to the authors. Their mods were submitted to me via email. One is for a server group, and I think the other is German-made. I do not believe they have a forum prescence at all.

One thing you may be able to do is look for their Download link in the mod launcher, and go to their mod hosting site, which is usually gitlab or github. With a free account, you can submit an "Issue" that they may see and fix.

Thank you Sphereii for the reply and I'll keep looking .. Take care and Be Well … the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

Dear sphereii and gpcstargate,

If you find bugs or other problems please be so kind and post it in the author's forum at https://memolp.de/

Anyways i want to thank you for the Mod-Launcher :D and the great work you're doing!

Take care and stay safe :)

Hey there Sphereii, I am having an issue I had a long time ago, where the Core continuously states "Update". I have installed a new version of the launcher, and renamed the old one, however, it still sticks on "Update" (whereas the first time this happened, a new install fixed it), and another unrelated mod being War3zuk's Advanced Junk Turret, doing the same thing.

If I can figure out the issue with the Core, it may work for War3zuk's.

Hi Sphereii, thank you for making this available. I am trying to install some mods but it defaults to C:, I can't seem to change the drive. Is there an option where I can set this? If not, could I install to C:\ but then move the files over to a different drive?

Nvm, as soon as I typed this I found the answer :(

Edited by echodrome
Found the answer (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...