Vehicles disappear and/or respawn duplicates

PircBarb

I play on local pc and yesterday my 4x4 disappeared with all my stuff. I logged off and it was back. I took my stuff out and picked up and then it respawned in my garage with all my stuff duplicating it. I was going to log but decided to pick up my motorcycle and when I did, it respawned with all my stuff duplicated.

Recently when I parked my 4x4 in my garage it would be moved sideways next time I went to access it. Not sure if this is part of this bug but just wanted to fyi on it.

Right now I'm picking them up and putting away when I log off but this has never happened before. I'm on A19 current version. Not sure what to do or how much danger I am of loosing my vehicles/stuff.

Should I continue to pick up before I log off? I can do when I'm at base but what about when I'm traveling?

any help/info on this is appreciated.

Thanks,

Barb

37 minutes ago, The_Great_Sephiroth said:

Vehicles duplicate. Always pick them up when done playing, before you exit. I would dump the duplicates and keep the originals in your inventory, exit the game, and delete "vehicles.dat" from your save folder. When you restart the duplicates will be gone.

Yup this is the way to go about this. I  would because it will snowball and can cause lag later on. It's being worked on.

33 minutes ago, ElCabong said:

I've never had anything like this happen to me in 19.5.

I never thought I did either. Read about it here and Sylen or somebody explained it. I went into my server and picked up my jeep and another appeared near it. Picked up motorcycle, another appeared. We had duplicate vehicles everywhere.

ty for all your help - it was strange it only happened that one time but to both vehicles. I played all day today and no issues. Glad they are working on it. Initially I was more upset because it had all my loot still in it. I had only removed a few items so I was upset to find them gone. Now I just put everything in a dump chest as soon as I get home and pick up vehicle.

Thanks again for all your help. 

Barb

Is it really necessary to pick up vehicles every time you play? Sure, if this bug happens you should pick up vehicles, close the game and delete vehicles.dat. But then it should be possible to return to a normal routine, right?

Or is this a bug that will never go away anymore once it starts occuring?

And is it a new bug for 19.5? We're still playing on 19.3 and though we do tend to stuff our motorcycles and gyrocopters into our belt pouches before we exit the game, we don't always do that - sometimes we forget. Never seen a duplicate vehicle >knock on wood<. This is a dedicated server on Win 10.

6 hours ago, meganoth said:

Is it really necessary to pick up vehicles every time you play? Sure, if this bug happens you should pick up vehicles, close the game and delete vehicles.dat. But then it should be possible to return to a normal routine, right?

Or is this a bug that will never go away anymore once it starts occuring?

What I can confirm is that it is not a bug where you do x then y and you get z; as well, once you DO get the issue it will snowball and never go away. Once you clear out the .dat file it will obviously stop the snowballing. It's a highly sporadic thing, so I wouldn't worry about it unless you actually see the issue, but no it doesn't mean your save will always have the issue once your cure a sighting (I've had countless saves that had a dupe issue but doing what I did to cause it didn't do it again, and in some cases it was as simple as removing the vehicle and everything was fine lol). So, in total don't worry about it unless you get it, then fix it and don't worry after (it's purely inside that .dat file).