MeanCloud's Modlets Collection A20

psouza4

If you have feedback or problems with any of my modlets, try to post them in their specific topic (most of these modlets link to their own topic).

Major Mods
Name Description Compatibility Version Link
Cannabis Adds usable cannabis to the game. Who says you can't enjoy the end of the world? A18, A19, A20 1.01, 1.02, 1.03 topic
Fishing Adds active and automatic fishing and new cooking recipes. A18, A19, A20 1.04, 1.05, 1.06 topic
Mining Adds copper and zinc (including ore generation, salvaging, and looting) and mining machines. A18, A19, A20 1.04, 1.05, 1.06 topic

Minor Mods

Name Description Compatibility Version Link
Acid Allows you to realistically craft acid from grain alcohol. See 'references.txt' for nerd notes. A19, A20 1.01 download
Barbed Wire Returns the missing or removed barbed wire sheet from A17. A18-A20 0.04 download
Don't Use Up Water Prevents empty jars from depleting water sources that the player placed with a bucket. A18-A20 1.02 download
Enemy Health Bar Adds a visible health bar to enemies to the top of the screen under the compass. A19-A20 1.01 download
Enemy Reach Shortener

Reduces enemy's reach to a more reasonable distance. Credit to @JaxTeller718 for concept: this is a copy of his but with an

even shorter reach, fixes to falloff damage, and is forward-compatible with new and custom enemies.

A18, A19-A20 1.01, 1.02, 1.03 A18, A19, A20
Entity Titles Adds missing names for entities.  (Helpful when using the Enemy Health Bar modlet) A19, A20 1.01 download
Med Stack Sizes

Updates all of the medical supplies (consumables and ingredients) to stack to +5 more than they used to (stacks of 5 are now stacks of 10;

stacks of 10 are now stacks of 15.

A18-A20 1.03 download
Regenerating Boulders Boulders (even ore boulders) will regenerate after they have been mined. A18, A19-A20 1.03, 1.06 topic
Solar

Adds craftable and lootable tiered solar components to power your electronics.  Credit to @Drconfused for various concepts

and his 1x1 3D asset he generously permitted me to use.

A19, A20 1.00, 1.01 download

GENERAL INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:

Download and extract modlets to your 7 Days to Die /Mods folder.

For Steam users, that's <steamdir>\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods (create 'Mods' if it doesn't exist).

Once extracted if the mod contains a /Prefabs folder, then move the files in the mod's /Prefabs folder to your 7 Days to Die /Data/Prefabs folder.

For Steam users, that's <steamdir>\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Prefabs ('Prefabs' will already exist; if you can't find it, you're in the wrong place).

Some mods require (or strongly recommend) you to start a new game.

SUPPORT ME:

PayPal Donation if you enjoyed my work and want to encourage me to do more.

Edited by psouza4
Updated to A20 (see edit history)

8 hours ago, TresusChrist said:

@psouza4 Do you know if any of your mods are compatible with DF? I'd love to put some of them on my dedicated server, figured i'd ask and see! :D

Darkness Falls is a game overhaul, not a simple mod.  And while I wouldn't ordinarily make efforts to make my mod compatible with conflicting mods, I certainly don't have the resources to do that for an entire overhaul.  You'll need to speak with the author of Darkness Falls and see if he's willing to merge assets and localizations, but it may be more complicated than that.  Only he'd know.

• psouza4 changed the title to MeanCloud's Modlets Collection A20
18 hours ago, theguru143 said:

Can these be used on my server?  If so, would the players also need to download and install them?  Mostly looking at the acid and solar mods.  Thank you for creating these

7 Days to Die servers still don't push localization data to players yet, so yes -- they should install the mods too.  They're available from the 7D2D Mod Launcher if that makes it easier for them.

Glad you enjoy my work :)

22 hours ago, psouza4 said:

7 Days to Die servers still don't push localization data to players yet, so yes -- they should install the mods too.  They're available from the 7D2D Mod Launcher if that makes it easier for them.

Thank you for the answer and for the mods

On 1/5/2022 at 12:58 PM, gpcstargate said:

Just wondering what the HP is on your Barb Wire? 

Thank You

My barbed wire mod doesn't tamper with the barbed wire placeable item block.  It only re-adds the recipe to the existing barbed wire placeable item block.  The item block was never removed from the devs, only the recipe was.

The default health of the existing block item "barbedWireSheet" isn't something I've even looked at, so I'm not even sure :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/3/2022 at 9:11 AM, psouza4 said:

7 Days to Die servers still don't push localization data to players yet...

FYI, according to ErrorNull(I think):

"The Localization text is thankfully passed from server to client. While it isn't downloaded as a file, it does appear in a dynamic kind of way. However, if the client also downloads the mod with this Localization and further amends the names, the client version will take precedence."

• 5 months later...
On 7/19/2022 at 4:59 PM, yuuarai said:

are the solar panels unfinished? it is not possible to configure in items 1 2 3 the level of banks as well as the 2 level of solar cells, can you fix pls...

I don't know what you're talking about, the Solar modlet works fine and is complete.

I actually just used them myself two weeks ago in the most recent version of alpha 20.

21 hours ago, natenaterollerskate said:

Do these solar panels charge battery banks? I tried one and it didn't seem to, but maybe I was using too small of one. 

Yes, they all will.  Make sure you have the wiring connected correctly (solar panel to battery bank to electrical output), you have solar cells in the solar panel, that the panel and battery bank are both switched on, and that it's daytime.

• 3 months later...

I don't know how you feel about mod suggestions but I had one I wanted to toss out. It would be cool it there was a mod that made it so water in the game was a lot harder to find or made so water could not be collected from water sources. Kind of like how it is in undead legacy but as a minor standalone mod. 

• 7 months later...