What Happened To This Game?

1 hour ago, JCrook1028 said:

What do you think would happen IRL if you closed up all the ammo manufacturing plants for a few years? Still think there would be more ammo than guns? In game makes perfect sense in that regard. Tell me how many people are gonna be able to reproduce primers for casings?

What you're looting in game is obviously something no-one has ever touched before, so no, it doesn't make any sense there are more guns than ammo there. In later game, sure, why not, at least if people only keep taking ammo and not the guns, but that's it.

Edited by MaxTunnerX (see edit history)

2 hours ago, MaxTunnerX said:

Cool. Thanks. That's some strange coding if zombieMale refers to female zombies as well, but whatever, I'll do it and see how well it works.

EDIT: So far so good. Of course they don't attack back for now, but I can already feel the peace.

Sorry @Boidster, didn't read the edit of yours before applying. Now that I've only altered one of the lines, it's working perfect! Much love for you :)

I'm gonna copy paste this and credit you in the mod request section where I asked for exactly this. Thank you once again.

5 hours ago, MaxTunnerX said:

EDIT: So far so good. Of course they don't attack back for now, but I can already feel the peace.

Did you only do the one task "AITarget-4"? If you only change that one, they ought to attack you if you attack first.

Never mind. Glad it's working.

Edited by Boidster (see edit history)

8 hours ago, MaxTunnerX said:

Sorry @Boidster, didn't read the edit of yours before applying. Now that I've only altered one of the lines, it's working perfect! Much love for you :)

I'm gonna copy paste this and credit you in the mod request section where I asked for exactly this. Thank you once again.

Have you tested this with sleeper volumes? The zombies won't wake up if they're not targeting the player. If that's not a problem for you then never mind, but I don't know how many other people would want that.

4 hours ago, khzmusik said:

Have you tested this with sleeper volumes? The zombies won't wake up if they're not targeting the player. If that's not a problem for you then never mind, but I don't know how many other people would want that.

Haven't tested it yet, but I think I'm quite ready to begin a fresh game without creative menu now so I guess I'll see. And if sleepers won't wake up, all the better. I would actually prefer them not to because then they won't hiss all over the place or jumpscare me. Although if they do wake up they won't jumpscare me anyway cuz they'll just idle about so :D

EDIT: Just tested it in my fresh game and sleepers really don't wake up. They do wake up when you hit them of course. For me, this is ideal state of things.

22 hours ago, MaxTunnerX said:

What you're looting in game is obviously something no-one has ever touched before

That only applies to the store specific crates. Everything else can and almost certainly has been touched before. Ammo is found in many many different types of loot boxes after all. Remember, it's been years into the apocalypse now.

Actually, Madmole has stated that even sealed crates aren't intended to represent factory sealed crates from before the apocolypse. Given that is true, it would probably be best at some point for TFP to change the presentation so as to not give a false impression (or provide some reason why NPCs in the world are boxing things up in nailed shut crates....). However, it does indicate that despite the deceptive visual cues, pretty much everything really has been touched before in the minds of the developers and since they are establishing the balance of ammo in the world it really only matters what their intention is.

22 hours ago, Roland said:

Actually, Madmole has stated that even sealed crates aren't intended to represent factory sealed crates from before the apocolypse. Given that is true, it would probably be best at some point for TFP to change the presentation so as to not give a false impression (or provide some reason why NPCs in the world are boxing things up in nailed shut crates....). However, it does indicate that despite the deceptive visual cues, pretty much everything really has been touched before in the minds of the developers and since they are establishing the balance of ammo in the world it really only matters what their intention is.

Aye, I've always said those crates are easily re nailed shut when people complain about the stone tools being in them. I just didn't want to get that deep into it again in this case. :) So I stuck with less arguable containers.

On 7/20/2021 at 6:58 PM, Boidster said:

Just tested with a BMH - doesn't change their behavior. They're hard-coded to set the player as the target.

Also doesn't work on vultures by default, I believe they are in a different class than the zombieMaleTemplate.

2 hours ago, MaxTunnerX said:

Also doesn't work on vultures by default, I believe they are in a different class than the zombieMaleTemplate.

That makes sense as their behavior is different than other animals / zombies.  Non-horde night vultures won't attack you unless you are injured (not at full health), on a vehicle that is damaged, or part of a POI.  They will circle above you until one of those conditions are met, then they will go into attack mode.