enZombies - More Zombie Variations

ErrorNull

On 1/28/2022 at 5:14 PM, ErrorNull said:

i did some investigating and found that i did format some of the wandering horde code incorrectly. i updated both enZombies and enZombiesAddon1Snufkin just now, so you can download the latest files from the github page. let me know if that fixes those errors.

https://github.com/ErrorNull0/enZombies

https://github.com/ErrorNull0/enZombiesSnufkinAddon

i'll do an official announcement once i release the next update.

Been having the same issue. I downloaded your updated mods, and the issue is persisting, but goes away when I delete the snufkin addon

Update:
Think I may have found the conflict,  

ZSCZA20   

but it seems intermittent, sometimes it bad sometimes good. hmmm. gremlins??

BTW is there a way to remove the UMA zombies from your mod? The flying carcass just isnt that appealing to me

Edited by Realism51 (see edit history)

I installed the main folder and the snufkin addon, but when my friends try to join my game they get a connection timed out. Removing just those two mods from the mods folder made it so they could connect again. I tried googling around but couldn't find anything.

What would cause this? 

8 hours ago, Realism51 said:

Update:
Think I may have found the conflict,  

ZSCZA20   

but it seems intermittent, sometimes it bad sometimes good. hmmm. gremlins??

BTW is there a way to remove the UMA zombies from your mod? The flying carcass just isnt that appealing to me

hi @Realism51 - i'm not familiar with zscza20.. is that a mod name? do you have a link to that ... then i can check it out.

like 90% of the enZombies are UMA zombies, about 70% of snufkin addon zombies are UMA, and like 10% are UMA from robeloto addon. maybe you want to disregard enZombies and my addon's and just use Robeloto's main zombie mod from his site?

in regards to the flying carcass, there are currently no enZombies that fly. also, the only Snufkin addon zombies that fly are Archon, Geist, the drones, and shark. lastly, the only flying creatures in Robeloto addon are the burning and diamond phoenix and the animalFly. not sure which you are referring to that is a "flying carcass"? do you have other mods installed that add other zombies too?

1 hour ago, dbourque said:

I installed the main folder and the snufkin addon, but when my friends try to join my game they get a connection timed out. Removing just those two mods from the mods folder made it so they could connect again. I tried googling around but couldn't find anything.

What would cause this? 

hello @dbourque that's a strange one... to cause a connection timed out and prevent others from joining. hmm.... what are all the mods you have installed when you get that connection error? if you can direct message me a copy of your log from either one of below locations would be helpful too:

\[7Days Game Install Location]\7DaysToDie_Data\output_log__[date]__[time].txt

\[7Days Game Install Location]\7DaysToDieServer_Data\output_log_dedi__[date]__[time].txt

another way to test is if you only having enZombies installed (and no other addons or mods) - do you still get connection error then?

On 1/29/2022 at 10:41 AM, ErrorNull said:

hi @mouse2 thanks for your feedback. i figured since this is a zombie 'horde' game, there should be a focus on zombie variety. 🙃 do you remember which zombies those were that got you? the giants are the only big-hitters from enZombies that can appear (though low probability) in the wilderness. they are slow and have high hp and can hit hard. they are my 'bear' level zombies. if you are also using the Robeloto zombie Addon, they introduce many more stronger zombies, but have less prob of spawning compared to normal zombies. if you are using Snufkin zombie Addon too, the add even stronger zombies that are very boss-like. you can adjust the spawn rates of these addon zombies. if you need help let me know.

hello @bbdust - much appreciate your findings and details. i reviewed all my enZombies and the Robeloto zombies too and none provide XP reward of 7500. the closest is the Anaconda snake from Robeloto which provides 7000 XP. there is also the "Shadow" zombie from Robeloto that is essentially invisible except for its shadow on the ground and uses the feralWight sounds (see below pic). however, its XP gain is just 4500. both of these zombies can spawn naturally in the wild outside of POIs and trader quests. is the game on any custom XP multiplier?

your invis zombie incident is very interesting because unlike the other reports, this one was 1) not during a trader quest, 2) and you were able to attack/kill it. if you're able to get me a copy of your log file -- i can review that to find any further clues. the server log is located:

[7 days game install folder] / 7DaysToDie_Data / output_log__[date]__[time].txt

[7 days game install folder] / 7DaysToDieServer_Data / output_log_dedi__[date]__[time].txt

A20-1-2022-01-29-02-22-36.jpg

Shadow is visible, but is harder to see at daytime. Point a flashlight or any other lightsource and you will see him more clearly. As long as you have shadow distance set to atleast low. Check here and you can see how shadow vill be visible when you point flashlight on him. :)

I can't understand why I'm getting the error I'm getting, so I thought I'd post and ask. Maybe someone has run into this before.

I have several mods installed so I expected to see some errors or something not working right. I just wanted to see if it would work. I am getting an error that I don't understand though. When I have this mod installed, I get an error in the console when on the main menu. "ERR Error opening SDF file: Sharing violation on path C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Saves\profiles.sdf"

I see this error about 3 times in the console and then then game finishes loading. I can start my game and my world and all my items are there, but it has completely reset my profile to level 1. If I remove this mod and restore my save folder, Everything works perfectly. 

I can't think of any reason installing a mod would cause a corruption in the profile.sdf.

Anyway, I have a backup of my saves so I can just not use the mod, but I was really looking forward to it.

Does anyone know why my profile would get corrupted, and only when this mod is installed? If you want my log I can link it.

On 1/30/2022 at 10:02 AM, ErrorNull said:

hello @dbourque that's a strange one... to cause a connection timed out and prevent others from joining. hmm.... what are all the mods you have installed when you get that connection error? if you can direct message me a copy of your log from either one of below locations would be helpful too:

\[7Days Game Install Location]\7DaysToDieServer_Data\output_log_dedi__[date]__[time].txt

another way to test is if you only having enZombies installed (and no other addons or mods) - do you still get connection error then?

I never thought to test it without any other mods installed. Unfortunately I won't be able to test it until next weekend. As for the logs and mods, all the logs were replaced since I played a bunch since then. The mods I use don't touch any of the entity xmls. I double checked and none use the entity xmls.

The mods I use:

• Spoiler
    • Max Level 1000
    • Custom Perks
    • Increased Mod Slots
    • Better Z Range (Lowers zombie hand item range)
    • LockableInvSlots
    • Item Rarity Colors
    • MrCUrchin Weapon SFX Overhaul
    • No crosshair
    • Perk Mastery
    • Pitmonks Upgradable Campfires
    • double skill points
    • Survivors HUD A20
    • Telrics Health Bars
    • Working HP Bar

I can't see any of them messing with it. Also, I was able to join the world no problem in single player. So it worked fine for me, the host. It was only when my friends tried to join is when it became a problem.

I'll be sure to let you know how it goes and if it still doesn't work with just enZombies installed, I'll pm you my logs.

Edited by dbourque (see edit history)

Thank you to all who contributed to this mod, i am in love with this mod. so many different zombies and boss type models god i love this mod. so this is a big thank you. and with robleto or snufkins zombie ad ons i can make later game more exiteing and challenging and will likely make day 50 and beyond so i can keep a game going instead of starting a new one on day 50 because of bordom that is with just vanilla zombies. i play bloodmoon every 14 days which -makes each horde double the last one.  now i can go back to 7 days. thank you for this outstanding mod.

Edited by leviathancain (see edit history)

On 1/28/2022 at 3:15 PM, ErrorNull said:

thanks much @BossBear . i'll certainly look into that. could be something i broke in the code between enZombies and Snufkin addon on this latest version. lol.

i wonder if anyone else has experienced similar wandering horde errors with the snufkin addon yet?

Meanwhile, working on my next update, here is a sneak peak at two new utility zombies... i plan to have a total of 3 new ones (1 male and 2 female) to add to the existing team of utility enZombies. as you can see below, the female found some nailguns and this other guy is wielding a shovel. i also have more school athletes and football players on my todo list for the next update.

Screenshot-2022-01-28-145434.png

i've noticed that many players like to use mods that adjust the game settings. i already made a mod that allows a player to modify the zombie spawn rate, and i was thinking about making another mod to modify zombie attack reach. then this gave me an idea... why not just make one mod that contains the most common game settings and allow players to adjust them. so i plan to consolidate my existing Spawn Adjuster add-on and No-Nudes add-on, as well as new code to adjust enemy attack reach and enable/disable enemy life bar display, into one mod.. and as time goes on, add any other game tweaks that i notice players like to adjust. i'll probably call it enZombiesSettings add-on or something like that.

Would LOVE a shorter reach option! ❤️ we're loving this mod!

We have had 2 cases of an invis Zombies, in both cases it only affected one player. Running a server for myself, my wife, and our son, mod is installed on the server, not the pcs. The first time it happened was during a Ranger Station clear quest, a crawling spider zombie sleeper attacked, and my son just couldn't see it. Was super confused what my wife and I were fighting. Updated to the newer version last night, and my wife and I went into a poi just exploring where she started taking damage. I can see her screen and there was just nothing there, but she was backed in a corner getting hit. I run over, and I can see a normalish looking woman in a red shirt just swinging away. Killed the zombie, but my wife still couldn't see a corpse or anything. Probably not super helpful, but wanted to let you know all the same! (1 in a thousand zombies being invis is a price we don't mind, haha!)

Thanks again!

On 1/30/2022 at 5:27 PM, GodSponge said:

I can't understand why I'm getting the error I'm getting, so I thought I'd post and ask. Maybe someone has run into this before.

I have several mods installed so I expected to see some errors or something not working right. I just wanted to see if it would work. I am getting an error that I don't understand though. When I have this mod installed, I get an error in the console when on the main menu. "ERR Error opening SDF file: Sharing violation on path C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Saves\profiles.sdf"

I see this error about 3 times in the console and then then game finishes loading. I can start my game and my world and all my items are there, but it has completely reset my profile to level 1. If I remove this mod and restore my save folder, Everything works perfectly. 

I can't think of any reason installing a mod would cause a corruption in the profile.sdf.

Anyway, I have a backup of my saves so I can just not use the mod, but I was really looking forward to it.

Does anyone know why my profile would get corrupted, and only when this mod is installed? If you want my log I can link it.

Hi @GodSponge i've encountered that error too a couple times. my guess is it might have something to do with how UMA archetype zombies work, and how they are like 'player' entities - according to the XML code. when you go into the main menu options and view player profile, you can see all the UMA archetype zombies listed there, and you can actually choose one to use as a profile to play the game. lol. maybe something is getting overwritten or butting heads between the zombie UMA 'profiles' and player profiles. for now it seems that enZombies gives best results when starting a new game.

On 1/31/2022 at 2:36 AM, BossBear said:

The Update files fixed the wondering horde bug for me.

awesome great to hear @BossBear 👍

On 1/30/2022 at 9:20 AM, Robeloto said:

Shadow is visible, but is harder to see at daytime. Point a flashlight or any other lightsource and you will see him more clearly. As long as you have shadow distance set to atleast low. Check here and you can see how shadow vill be visible when you point flashlight on him.

ahh ok nice. that's a great tip, thanks @Robeloto

15 hours ago, leviathancain said:

Thank you to all who contributed to this mod, i am in love with this mod. so many different zombies and boss type models god i love this mod. so this is a big thank you. and with robleto or snufkins zombie ad ons i can make later game more exiteing and challenging and will likely make day 50 and beyond so i can keep a game going instead of starting a new one on day 50 because of bordom that is with just vanilla zombies. i play bloodmoon every 14 days which -makes each horde double the last one.  now i can go back to 7 days. thank you for this outstanding mod.

@leviathancain great to hear you're enjoying the zombies. 😎 here's what i do to keep things interesting and challenging... i play to see how many days i can survive with one life, singleplayer, no friends. if i die, i start over. i've made it past day 100 on vanilla no mods default settings. so now i play vanilla no mods on 'insane' difficulty and have zombies sprint day and night. only able to survive at most two or three weeks. i haven't played this way on alpha20 yet, but i figure i might get farther since the devs made it so very easy with all the ammo loot everywhere. lol

10 hours ago, Onoes said:

Would LOVE a shorter reach option! ❤️ we're loving this mod!

We have had 2 cases of an invis Zombies, in both cases it only affected one player. Running a server for myself, my wife, and our son, mod is installed on the server, not the pcs. The first time it happened was during a Ranger Station clear quest, a crawling spider zombie sleeper attacked, and my son just couldn't see it. Was super confused what my wife and I were fighting. Updated to the newer version last night, and my wife and I went into a poi just exploring where she started taking damage. I can see her screen and there was just nothing there, but she was backed in a corner getting hit. I run over, and I can see a normalish looking woman in a red shirt just swinging away. Killed the zombie, but my wife still couldn't see a corpse or anything. Probably not super helpful, but wanted to let you know all the same! (1 in a thousand zombies being invis is a price we don't mind, haha!)

Thanks again!

hi @Onoes - great feedback thanks! and yes, i'm working on an "enZombiesSettings" mod that will allow players to tweak zombie spawn rates, enemy attack reach, hp and xp, nudity, and also removing certain zombies.

in regards to the invis zombies: so the one your son encountered was invis, couldn't be hit, and was identified as a spider because it had the spider sounds effects yea? it's interesting that your wife's pc didn't show the zombie, but you were able to see and defeat it. perhaps double check that you both have the latest version of enZombies and latest of any other mods installed? if that happens again, let know. is the red shirt lady one of them below?

redladies.png

Edited by ErrorNull (see edit history)

20 hours ago, ErrorNull said:

Hi @GodSponge i've encountered that error too a couple times. my guess is it might have something to do with how UMA archetype zombies work, and how they are like 'player' entities - according to the XML code. when you go into the main menu options and view player profile, you can see all the UMA archetype zombies listed there, and you can actually choose one to use as a profile to play the game. lol. maybe something is getting overwritten or butting heads between the zombie UMA 'profiles' and player profiles. for now it seems that enZombies gives best results when starting a new game.

awesome great to hear @BossBear 👍

ahh ok nice. that's a great tip, thanks @Robeloto

@leviathancain great to hear you're enjoying the zombies. 😎 here's what i do to keep things interesting and challenging... i play to see how many days i can survive with one life, singleplayer, no friends. if i die, i start over. i've made it past day 100 on vanilla no mods default settings. so now i play vanilla no mods on 'insane' difficulty and have zombies sprint day and night. only able to survive at most two or three weeks. i haven't played this way on alpha20 yet, but i figure i might get farther since the devs made it so very easy with all the ammo loot everywhere. lol

hi @Onoes - great feedback thanks! and yes, i'm working on an "enZombiesSettings" mod that will allow players to tweak zombie spawn rates, enemy attack reach, hp and xp, nudity, and also removing certain zombies.

in regards to the invis zombies: so the one your son encountered was invis, couldn't be hit, and was identified as a spider because it had the spider sounds effects yea? it's interesting that your wife's pc didn't show the zombie, but you were able to see and defeat it. perhaps double check that you both have the latest version of enZombies and latest of any other mods installed? if that happens again, let know. is the red shirt lady one of them below?

redladies.png

I want to say it was the lady on the left, but man, I can't be 100% sure. I know to look out for it now, so I'll get better notes if we see it happen again. Also, not sure if my wife could have hit it... she kind of panicked and was just screaming trying to get away from whatever was hitting her, lol.

The first guy I called a spider guy just because he was in the crawling position. Not sure if he could actually jump or anything though, it was basically a situation where my son tried to walk through a door and spiderguy was in the doorway. My wife and I yelled "watch out!" and started firing. My son was just spinning around trying to figure out what we were yelling about/shooting because he said on his screen there was just nothing there. His computer is in another room though, so I couldn't verify it like I did with my wife's (who was sitting right next to me).

But yeah, awesome mod man, we got attacked by what I assume was a horde last night. Football players, cheerleaders, and a couple of beefy quarterbacks, we were cracking up. Also, that MF'ing stun baton boy has zapped me good twice now! DAMN HIM! hahaha

Loving the mod, thanks for your time in making us have more fun!

Is there any way to use enZombies and Zulk together at the same time? https://www.bebelious.fr/download/7dtd/Zulk.zip

Zulk loads after enZombies, so enZombies "removes"(a lot) and "recreates"(not all that were removed) entitygroups, but then Zulk tries to append entitygroups and most of it doesn't apply because enZombies removed it...then Zulk never spawns :(

10 hours ago, ktrain said:

Loving the mod, thanks for your time in making us have more fun!

Is there any way to use enZombies and Zulk together at the same time? https://www.bebelious.fr/download/7dtd/Zulk.zip

Zulk loads after enZombies, so enZombies "removes"(a lot) and "recreates"(not all that were removed) entitygroups, but then Zulk tries to append entitygroups and most of it doesn't apply because enZombies removed it...then Zulk never spawns :(

thanks @ktrain - i'll look into this Zulk mod. the way you're describing the issue is exactly right and why many other zombie mods needs some massaging of XML in order to be compatible. i may do a patch for it or turn it into an addon soon. 👍

UPDATE:

completed the set of utility worker zombies. below is a preview pic: 2 females and 2 males ready to join the crew. have you ever been smacked in the face with an iron pail? well now you get to experience that with the 2nd gal. the guy on the far right is our Wreck-it Ralph wannabe. lol. the dudes on the top are just the existing utilitie enZombies.

A20-1-2022-02-03-00-16-59.jpg

my new "enZombiesSettings" addon is coming along. Currently it allows you to edit the following: random wilderness spawn amount, random wilderness re-spawn timing, wandering horde zombie amount, screamer horde zombie amount, bloodmoon horde zombie amount, enable/disable female nudes, and zombie attack reach/range. i can now remove my existing Spawn Adjuster and No-Nudes addons since the enZombiesSettings addon has that included. i'm currently adding in the ability to modify zombie HP and XP, and then the ability to remove certain zombies entirely from the game. Then i'll be adding some more athlete and school zombies. Once those are all in, i'll be  releasing as the v2.6 update.

Bro, such a great job. Thanks for creating the addons too. I am playing Apocalypse Now with Enzombies, Snuffkin, Robelto and Creaturepack mods which I had to modify first. Your screamers really made the life miserable. If someone is looking for a challange then this mod combo really rocks.

Note : Enzombies removes the original zombies from the game but I have modified the xmls to keep them as well.

Thanks again.

7 hours ago, ErrorNull said:

thanks @ktrain - i'll look into this Zulk mod. the way you're describing the issue is exactly right and why many other zombie mods needs some massaging of XML in order to be compatible. i may do a patch for it or turn it into an addon soon. 👍

Excellent news! It shouldn't be hard to convert to an addon, it's very simple xml...

I do wonder though, if it would be better(in the long run) to modify the entitygroups in the enZombies core, so that addons and/or other mods(NPCCore, et al) will "JUST WORK" with no modifications necessary...

So anywhere you have removes or sets, instead use appends?

Maybe something like this for example:

<append xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[descendant::entity[@name='zombieBiker' and not(@prob='0')]]">
		<entity name="enBiker1"/>
		<entity name="enBiker2"/>
</append>

8 hours ago, Ganeshakw said:

Bro, such a great job. Thanks for creating the addons too. I am playing Apocalypse Now with Enzombies, Snuffkin, Robelto and Creaturepack mods which I had to modify first. Your screamers really made the life miserable. If someone is looking for a challange then this mod combo really rocks.

Note : Enzombies removes the original zombies from the game but I have modified the xmls to keep them as well.

Thanks again.

thanks @Ganeshakw - great to hear you're enjoying the mod. and yes, those screamer girls love to constantly harass you when you just want to mine or need to smelt materials all day lol.

actually my mod doesn't remove all the vanilla zombies from any groups. each zombie group might have anywhere from one or severalvanilla zombies still in there... just depends. 😎 one big goal of my mod is to make each biome feel different by having different sets of zombies spawn there. so i make a judgement on which vanilla zombies match with which biomes, and then remove any vanilla zombies that i don't think match that biome. however, i do ensure that every vanilla zombie will spawn somewhere in the game...

5 hours ago, ktrain said:

I do wonder though, if it would be better(in the long run) to modify the entitygroups in the enZombies core, so that addons and/or other mods(NPCCore, et al) will "JUST WORK" with no modifications necessary...

So anywhere you have removes or sets, instead use appends?

@ktrain good point. i considered that in the very beginning, but found that just using the append statements will not work for my purposes.. since i need complete control of the spawn probabilities (and removal) of the existing zombies in each group. i also realized as you add more zombies into a certain group using appends, the spawn probabilities of the existing zombies in that group needs to be manually adjusted too, if you want to maintain the desired proportion of zombies. otherwise, and spawn prob of the existing zombies in that group get further 'diluted' as more zombies are simply appended in there.

another aspect is that, none of my biome spawners in SPAWNING.XML use any of those vanilla zombie groups anyway, like "ZombiesAll", "ZombiesNight", "WildGameForest", etc. because they are too generic and are used across multiple biomes. i created additional zombie groups for each biome to control which zombies will spawn in which biome. those vanilla groups only exist in my mod for folks who use unsupported zombie mods that still need those vanilla groups. for me, i'd rather have those unsupported zombie mods be made aware and make use of my new custom zombie groups, in order to maintain the full effect of seeing only certain zombies appearing in certain biomes. so that's why a patch or addon is my preferred answer for now. of course, not all players are as picky as i am and don't mind to see the full range of zombies in every biome, so the appends will work just fine. 😎

@ktrain here is a modified entitygroups.xml file that uses similar template design that the snufkin and robeloto add-ons use to be compatible with enZombies. GitHub download HERE.  i inserted the zulk zombie into all the the available groups in that file. however, i left the "prob" value at zero.... so that you are free to modify it to the prob value best for your challenge level. just copy this entitygroups.xml and replace it onto your existing zulk mod. let me know how it goes! i like the green giant zombie, looks pretty cool!

A20-1-2022-02-03-17-39-28.jpg

Me and the players on my server have been LOVING the ENZombies mod thus far. When you added the Robeloto zombies, that took things to another level, and we loved it.

However, we reset every couple of months, and after our February reset, we got to experience Robeloto's zombies as new players. Oof. Even working in groups, we just get demolished by some of these guys, even before the first bloodmoon.

I had to go ahead and disable the Robeloto addon, at least until we've had a chance to get established.

Would it be possible to push some of these guys to later gamestages, move them into the, "boss," category, or otherwise reduce their spawn frequency so that we're not getting absolutely destroyed early on?

14 hours ago, Huntastic said:

Me and the players on my server have been LOVING the ENZombies mod thus far. When you added the Robeloto zombies, that took things to another level, and we loved it.

However, we reset every couple of months, and after our February reset, we got to experience Robeloto's zombies as new players. Oof. Even working in groups, we just get demolished by some of these guys, even before the first bloodmoon.

I had to go ahead and disable the Robeloto addon, at least until we've had a chance to get established.

Would it be possible to push some of these guys to later gamestages, move them into the, "boss," category, or otherwise reduce their spawn frequency so that we're not getting absolutely destroyed early on?

Bro, if you want to survive this, you need to add snuffkins starter pack and whiteriver tools of citizenship mods for the initial gameplay. For higher gamestages, you need to add a mod called Sacred weapons. Once you do this, you can play the game or else you will keep dying. Best of luck.

On 2/3/2022 at 11:33 PM, MikeyUK said:

If there any way to get these health bars working with this mod?  It's a deal breaker for me as I just bloody love the fact the health bars follow the zombies around, behind cover and whatnot. https://7daystodiemods.com/telrics-health-bars/

hi @MikeyUK i've tried several health bar mods in the past, but they only have one bar onscreen at a time. this teltrics health bar shows up above each zombie.. that's pretty awesome. when i get a chance, will try that out. but i'm wondering if the screen will get crowded during bloodmoon horde.

23 hours ago, Huntastic said:

Hi @Huntastic - happy to hear you and your friends liking the enZombies. if people keep enjoying them, then i'll keep making more. 😎 the Robeloto and Snufkin zombies really are brutal, and you should just avoid them during early game if possible. you can reduce the spawn probabilities by going into the ENTITYGROUPS.XML file inside the Robeloto addon. there you'll see many sections that a labelled, including "SCREAMER HORDE / HELPERS", "BLOODMOON HORDE NIGHT",  and "SLEEPER ZOMBIES" . just modify the "prob" values down to reduce their spawn chances. you can certainly add mods that give stronger weapons as @Ganeshakw suggested. as long as those mods don't mess with zombie spawning, then they should work with enZombies just fine.

enZombies v2.6 Progress:

Finished creating two more football zombies. They are are bit stronger than the existing two dudes - who are standing back behind them. Going to add a couple more zombies that use the school letter jacket too (but not football players), like as average college zombie kids, then call it a wrap for the zombie portion of this update.

A20-1-2022-02-07-13-05-59.jpg

meanwhile, since i have such a large number of zombies now, it's taking me quite some time to regenerate custom prob values for each zombie and then manually add them to each zombie spawn group one by one... for each update. so the last few days i have been developing a program (using python) that automatically generates the XML for me that i can just copy/paste into the zombie groups in 'entitygroups.xml'. i can just give it certain spawn prob thresholds and gamestage ranges and it will increase/decrease each zombie's prob values as the gamestage goes higher. this will save me a tremendous amount of time when adding new zombies and when tweaking prob values across all groups - especially when working with the spawn groups like the bloodmoon horde or sleeper hordes, which have like a hundred gazillion individual gamestage groups lol. as a side benefit, this will allow me to go back and follow the original gamestage numbers/format from the vanilla game, making my spawning customization compatible with any other zombie mods that just want to use <append> statements against the vanilla code.

the "XML builder" program has been tested with auto-generating the bloodmoon horde XML code, and all works. just need to use the XML builder with the remaining zombie groups (eg. scream hordes, sleeper hordes) .. do some play testing, and i'll be done. there's some big bugs i found in the existing code too that i've also fixed - like some of the male zombies have pregnant looking bellies LOL. next big update should be ready on the GitHub by end of this week.

1 hour ago, ErrorNull said:

hi @MikeyUK i've tried several health bar mods in the past, but they only have one bar onscreen at a time. this teltrics health bar shows up above each zombie.. that's pretty awesome. when i get a chance, will try that out. but i'm wondering if the screen will get crowded during bloodmoon horde.

Hey man, thanks for having a look :D  Yeah those bars are fricking awesome, I love em!

I actually uploaded a video to show the Revenir mod dude and you can see the health bars on there, sorry for the dark screen lol.  His hordes are just insane, they screwed me over big time haha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPCUJ9zHi00

On 1/30/2022 at 10:02 AM, ErrorNull said:

Forgot to let you know that it just worked flawlessly. No idea what the issue was with the connection timing out, but when we tried it over the weekend it just worked. I did port forward, but no idea if that was what fixed it. Thanks for such a great mod, we are having a blast.