enZombies - More Zombie Variations

ErrorNull

12 hours ago, dbourque said:

Forgot to let you know that it just worked flawlessly. No idea what the issue was with the connection timing out, but when we tried it over the weekend it just worked. I did port forward, but no idea if that was what fixed it. Thanks for such a great mod, we are having a blast. 

nice. glad to hear it's fixed. 👍

enZombies v2.6 Progress:

college student zombies pretty much set. you not gonna hit a zombie with glasses are you?? just need to finalize blood texture placement, and create the feral and radiated variations. then will need to do a bit of code clean up elsewhere and all should be ready for release....

A20-2-2022-02-09-09-50-51.jpg

@MikeyUK looked into teltric's health bars. it uses buffs to attach them to the zombie's "Origin" position. zombies have many positions you can attach stuff to, like RightHand, LeftHand, RightForeArm, LeftForeArm, Spine, Head, etc. i use this method on the RightHand and LeftHand often to attach the weapons on the enZombies.

what's interesting is that uma archetype zombies do not respond to stuff being attached to "Origin". so instead i tried "Hips" which seems to work, but not consistently (see below). the bars are a bit high above their heads, but that's an easy adjustment i can make. for some reason the health bars don't like showing up at all for very small and very big uma zombies. looks like a bit more investigation needed.....

A20-2-2022-02-09-22-46-59.jpg

12 hours ago, AndrewT said:

I dont think other mods I'm using are causing this but the enharvest mod add-on isnt working on the main enZombies for some reason but it works fine on the snufkin robeloto and vanilla zombies with no trouble.

not sure what might be causing that, but i have an update coming in the next day or two.. so i'd wait for that and see if the new files fix the harvesting.

3 hours ago, ErrorNull said:

@MikeyUK looked into teltric's health bars. it uses buffs to attach them to the zombie's "Origin" position. zombies have many positions you can attach stuff to, like RightHand, LeftHand, RightForeArm, LeftForeArm, Spine, Head, etc. i use this method on the RightHand and LeftHand often to attach the weapons on the enZombies.

what's interesting is that uma archetype zombies do not respond to stuff being attached to "Origin". so instead i tried "Hips" which seems to work, but not consistently (see below). the bars are a bit high above their heads, but that's an easy adjustment i can make. for some reason the health bars don't like showing up at all for very small and very big uma zombies. looks like a bit more investigation needed.....

A20-2-2022-02-09-22-46-59.jpg

Aww man thanks for that!  You of course did not need to go through all that trouble but BOY do those health bars look cool on those zombies :D  I know the health bars only show if the zombie has been damaged and even in vanilla it is not 100% consistent, sometimes it doesn't show.  

I wonder if @Telric has a solution for your Origin thing or more info?  It could be because I am not using his very latest health bars as I don't like the blue ones as much, the red ones are much cooler :D

There are 3 main attaches that I use. Origin is mostly used in humanoids, but most recent ones. UMA typically uses a Global instead of Origin. And Hips is almost always used on animals. Hips can of course be used on humans, but it moves around along with that bone. Global and Origin are not animated, so they don't move around. Try the Global for the uma zombies and see if it works.

1 hour ago, AndrewT said:

oh nice all zombies getting health bars although i already have Khains mod that adds the old fun pimps health bars from A17 back into the game

Nah sorry this was just me asking to get this mod working with the health bars I use 🤣

21 hours ago, Telric said:

There are 3 main attaches that I use. Origin is mostly used in humanoids, but most recent ones. UMA typically uses a Global instead of Origin. And Hips is almost always used on animals. Hips can of course be used on humans, but it moves around along with that bone. Global and Origin are not animated, so they don't move around. Try the Global for the uma zombies and see if it works.

thanks @Telric for the guidance. 👍 i'll try out the "Global" parameter and if works nicely, will have your nice looking health bars as an addon for enZombies.

20 hours ago, AndrewT said:

oh nice all zombies getting health bars although i already have Khains mod that adds the old fun pimps health bars from A17 back into the game

i currently just use that health bar mod too. i like the simplicity and that it shows the zombie names.

the health bar mod is awesome, anyway i found a new bug to report and this bug doesn't affect gameplay in any bad way it looks hilarious to me to be honest but i know some people who would find it annoying. whats happening is all fat Enzombies in the main mod including giants have their guts sticking out from their bodies my best discription is it looks like all fat zombies are trying to connect with the fat Hawaiian zombie model with the animated gut or something like that. the only XML edit i did was the heights of all giantsd to make them a bit larger and increase their health to make it a tougher challenge to fight them I've never edited the XMLs of the other fat zombies as I never seen anything necessary to change on them for my playstyle. the only other edit i can recall is jacking up the spawn numbers in the spawn adjuster add-on because impact drivers are awesome at getting radiators from cars so I have tons of brass for bullets.

Version 2.6 Released!

(Updated download link on original post)

BIG AND IMPORTANT UPDATE

No more Google drive zip file downloads - created GitHub page for all downloads. This will make it easier for me to push hotfixes, and easier for players to see what code/file actually changed between each update.

Snufkin and Robeloto zombie add-ons are now "patches". The patches do not alter zombie characteristics like HP, XP, attack range, or buffs anymore, and only modify spawning mechanics to be compatible with custom biome groups that enZombies use. The patches require that the original mod is installed - download from the Snufkin mod page by Arramus, or from Robeloto's mod page.

Created enZombie Settings Add-on. A collection of small mods that allow adjusting certain zombie settings: No Nudes, Attack Range, Wilderness Spawn Amount, and Wandering Horde Spawn Amount. Also planned are ability to adjust HP and XP, and ability to remove unwanted zombies.

Improved compatibility for mods that rely on vanilla spawn groups. enZombies now uses the vanilla gamestage values and progression for bloodmoon horde, screamer horde, sleeper zombies, badass and baddassOnly groups. Any mods that rely on these vanilla entity groups should no longer get errors when installed with enZombies. There still remains other zombie groups (zombieHospitalGroup, zombieSoldierGroup, ZombieGhostTownGroup, etc) that might cause missing zombies or other unexpected spawning behavior when unsupported mods need to "append" to those groups, but those are planned to also be addressed on the next update. This might also reduce some NRE errors.

Created XML Builder program that allows adding to and modifying vanilla zombie groups much easier. This is allowed me to return back to the vanilla spawn design, and allow better compatibility for other mods. If you are familiar with Python, check it out and feel free to use it too. All feedback welcome. GitHub page here.

OK. Now for the usual update info:

Main enZombies Mod:

-created xml builder to automatically generate prob values for entitygroups

-used xml builder to redo the following spawn groups: badassHorde, badassOnlyHorde, scoutHorde, sleeperHorde, and feralHorde.

-fixed bug that made male bellies look all pregnant

-made all enZombies a bit taller and have bigger feet to better match vanilla zombie proportions

-updated code that used outdated UMA mesh plant_fiber_shirt and fiberCloth_chest

-increased the wilderness random zombie spawn amount for all biomes

-made female joggers move faster

-made vanilla lumberjack taller (he was tall and formidable in Alpha19)

-removed knockdown ability from all zombies except for giants

-reduced knockdown prob of giants from 50% to 25%

-added knockdown prob of 50% to vanilla bear and zombie bear

-updated KHz zombies to have HP/XP consistent with enZombies

-ensured all female KHZ zombies have dancetype 2 (males have dancetype 1)

-renamed enUtility1, enUtility2, enUtility3 to enUtilityMale1, enUtilityMale2, enUtilityMale3

-added enFootballMale3 and enFootballMale4

-added enUtilityMale4, enUtilityMale5, enUtilityFemale1, enUtilityFemale2

-added 2 male and 2 female school zombies

-lots of code cleanup and improvements

-updated enZombie Harvest mod to allow body harvest for new utility, football, and school zombies

utility worker team is complete! added two female and two male utility zombies (standing below) to the existing three (standing above). now get the experience of getting smacked with water pails and nailguns, and also tossed around by the sledge hammer wielding Rekt-it Ralph. As always any zombies holding bags will have body loot. With these utility zombies, it will naturally be construction related resources.

A20-1-2022-02-03-00-16-59.jpg

school and athletics team growing nicely! we have stronger footballers (center in dark green) and four schoolmates finally showing up for class (left side). papers are typically found in their backpacks, but the occasional book my be found. the 7 Days game already has special zombie entitygroups for hospitals, military camps, office buildings, etc. but we are in need of an entitygroup for school/sports related locations. maybe devs can add one at some point...

A20-2-2022-02-12-11-40-30.jpg

Planned for next update: fix compatibility with all other spawn entitygroups, adding custom loading screentips specific for enZombies, and more zombies of course.

Any errors or strange glitches, please let me know, and send me screenshots or a snippet of the log. Enjoy.

Edited by ErrorNull (see edit history)

On 2/10/2022 at 12:47 PM, Telric said:

hi there @Telric, i tried 'Global' and it didn't render the healthbars (similar to Origin) unfortunately. when i put it back to 'Hips' the healthbars come back though it jiggles with their hips a bit like you said.

On 2/11/2022 at 1:18 PM, AndrewT said:

whats happening is all fat Enzombies in the main mod including giants have their guts sticking out from their bodies my best discription is it looks like all fat zombies are trying to connect with the fat Hawaiian zombie model with the animated gut or something like that.

thanks. this should be fixed with v2.6 that i had just released. if you notice anything else, let me know.

4 hours ago, ErrorNull said:

hi there @Telric, i tried 'Global' and it didn't render the healthbars (similar to Origin) unfortunately. when i put it back to 'Hips' the healthbars come back though it jiggles with their hips a bit like you said.

thanks. this should be fixed with v2.6 that i had just released. if you notice anything else, let me know.

they look much better now awesome job

Now I'm using an out-of-date version. Is it okay to replace it with the latest version 2.6 from the middle?
Another question.
Is there a bug that sometimes makes the player transparent when using this mod?
On my server, there were times when a player was invisible to other players.
Maybe it's another cause, but are there any bug reports? 

13 hours ago, chikuwa said:

Now I'm using an out-of-date version. Is it okay to replace it with the latest version 2.6 from the middle?
Another question.
Is there a bug that sometimes makes the player transparent when using this mod?
On my server, there were times when a player was invisible to other players.
Maybe it's another cause, but are there any bug reports? 

Hi @chikuwa - yes you can update to enZombies 2.6 without needing to start a new map or start a new game. if that was not the question you meant, let me know.

I am not aware of any bug that cause players to become invisible. but there are reports of getting NullReferenceException (NRE) errors which is not very frequent. and then if the NRE error occurs during a zombie clear quest, there is a rare chance of a sleeper zombie being spawned invisible and invincible. is this what you're experiencing?

Hi, I'm commenting here because that I would like to see this mod compatible with NPCMod one day, it's just a personal feedback, without any pressure. I like the zombies on enZombies they are very well done and I would be happy with them along with the NPCMod in future xD.

Updated from the previous version, now does not work, before there was the main enzombie folder and the 2 addon folders, i've deleted the 3 folders then added the new main mod folder + the snufkin and robeleto patch + snufkin server side zombies + robeleto (i've followed the readme instructions, check the screens)

I've rollback to the previous version because is not working for me now..

sssss.PNG

Immagine.png

16 hours ago, AndrewT said:

i think the main Enzombies are bugged as i still cant harvest them. I looked for codes to edit to make it work and i didnt see anything

one thing you can try is only have the latest enZombies and enZombieHarvest installed... and see if that makes a difference. that's how i have it running now on my system and works fine. then if it works that way.. then you can move forward and try add any other mods you had before and see when the harvesting breaks. let me know.

9 hours ago, dujinyuan said:

You know .I have a mod .yeah a mod that can let the zombie body disappear....In the enZombies2.5 yeah...it sames great...they die ..the body is gone in 5s...  And now in the 2.6 it’s not work.....what happen?Did you do something?...I was confused.

are you using the enZombieHarvest addon? if so, you do not need another mod to make dead zombie bodies to disappear faster. you can go into the entityclasses.xml of the enZombieHarvest mod and edit the top line... and change the "value" from 100 to something like 5. the "value" represents how many seconds until the zombie bodies disappear:

<set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name='zombieTemplateMale']/property[@name='TimeStayAfterDeath']/@value">5</set>

if you are not using the enZombieHarvest mod, then you can copy and paste that above line of code into the entityclasses.xml of the main enZombies mod. be sure you paste it one line below the <ErrorNull> tag.

4 hours ago, MasterGod said:

Updated from the previous version, now does not work, before there was the main enzombie folder and the 2 addon folders, i've deleted the 3 folders then added the new main mod folder + the snufkin and robeleto patch + snufkin server side zombies + robeleto (i've followed the readme instructions, check the screens)

I've rollback to the previous version because is not working for me now..

sssss.PNG

Immagine.png

hi @MasterGod - can you share the error you are getting or explain a bit more what is not working, and i can look into it. be sure that the main Snufkin mod folder shows up before (above) my SnufkinZombies patch. let me know.

Hi @Hayran and @Ganeshakw - hmm.. i guess i'll have to add a patch for NPCMod on my next update. 👍

Edited by ErrorNull (see edit history)