enZombies - More Zombie Variations

ErrorNull

@arramus thanks much for that additional info. certainly seems like it only happens during a trader quest. shooting in the dark here, but will provide a test version of enZombies where all the prefab attachments (wielded weapons, bags, effects) on the UMA zombies are removed. trial by elimination of sorts. i think we'll eventually whittle it down to something.

UPDATE: meanwhile.. I'm about 80% with the Robeloto zombies add-on. i plan to have that released along with a few more new zombies by end of this weekend. 😎

Edited by ErrorNull (see edit history)

hi @Jay_ombie - glad you like the zombies and thanks for reporting the error as well. looks like you also were on a trader quest with the NRE occurred ... and happened within zombie groups containing UMA zombies with prefab attachments. i'm also starting to see and wonder if this impacts only the "SleeperHordeStageCS" group.

as a player explores a POI, the sleepervolumes can refer to any number of zombie groups to populate as sleepers. the SleeperHordeStageCS group is the most common group (though not the only one).  i'll keep my eye out on that group and think of ways to test this.

everyone thanks for continuing to report.... and please continue to send screenshots of the NRE... and let me know the POI name, and if repeating that same trader quest again (if possible), whether you consistently get the same NRE... and if it results in any invisible zombies.

ATTENTION:

I created a simple mod that removes all prefab attachments for UMA zombies. this serves to help me troubleshoot the NRE error issue.

so if you experienced the NullReferenceException (NRE) error while exploring a POI, drop this mod into your Mods folder in the same way like my other mods.

No Decos Mod (google drive link)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15C47k0XIG3EyNR5jTj8JuttaLnU5l7Qh/view?usp=sharing

what i'm hoping to see: no more NRE errors when exploring POIs LOL! but i doubt it. what i do expect to see is that NRE errors still continue, but at least it tells me the prefab attachments are not the cause.. and i can check that off my list of possible suspects.. and move on to my next suspects. thanks for your cooperation.

Awesome job on these zombies! They are working better in a20 than they worked in a19 for me so far. Haven't encountered the POI quest spam yet but i'll keep my eyes peeled and use the above mod if i do so i can report back.

I did want to note you may want to append the wildgameForest entity group back into your spawning.xml though, as that is how NPCMod spawns NPC's into the world. Or just make a compatibility patch that does it for those using both mods. It didn't effect me as I already set my spawning in the closing mod for Purgatory. But i can see it would for others not knowing how the two work. 

Also, am i the only one that gets their custom player profile deleted by a bunch of one time red NRE errors on game client load first time after installing? No big deal as it's easy enough to rebuild given the limited character customization options. Just wondered if i was the only person it happened to.

1 hour ago, magejosh said:

Awesome job on these zombies! They are working better in a20 than they worked in a19 for me so far. Haven't encountered the POI quest spam yet but i'll keep my eyes peeled and use the above mod if i do so i can report back.

I did want to note you may want to append the wildgameForest entity group back into your spawning.xml though, as that is how NPCMod spawns NPC's into the world. Or just make a compatibility patch that does it for those using both mods. It didn't effect me as I already set my spawning in the closing mod for Purgatory. But i can see it would for others not knowing how the two work. 

Also, am i the only one that gets their custom player profile deleted by a bunch of one time red NRE errors on game client load first time after installing? No big deal as it's easy enough to rebuild given the limited character customization options. Just wondered if i was the only person it happened to.

thanks! and yes, if you ever do get the NRE error, try out that supporting mod and let me know.

i've been keeping a close eye on NPCMod and will likely create an add-on mod for that one two. i consider NPCMod one of the more interesting and impressive mods to add truly custom and new zombies.. if you're willing to learn a bit of 3D editing too. the fate of the UMA system may also nudge me ever closer to adopting NPCMod instead of UMA archetypes for creating future custom zombies.... who knows.... 😎

regarding your custom player profile being deleted when enZombies is first time loaded ---- that's a new one for me. did this happen on an existing saved map or a new map? if any other players got their player profiles messed up too.. definitely let us know here.

Oh no it happens when i load the client first time after installing these zombies. Happened in a19 as well. Can't load a save or start a new game without the client first going to the select a profile screen when you try.  Mind that I'm running a lot of mods, but it always happens for me when i install this one. 

251570_20220113173353_1.thumb.png.f5f9317a5c51837bbb7a5dbcc4b4e0c9.png

On 1/13/2022 at 7:47 PM, magejosh said:

did want to note you may want to append the wildgameForest entity group back into your spawning.xml though, as that is how NPCMod spawns NPC's into the world. Or just make a compatibility patch that does it for those using both mods. It didn't effect me as I already set my spawning in the closing mod for Purgatory. But i can see it would for others not knowing how the two work...

Can you provide a method to make this append happen in spawning.xml? I am trying to use both mods and noticed I am not getting any raiders...Thanks!

7 hours ago, ktrain said:

Can you provide a method to make this append happen in spawning.xml? I am trying to use both mods and noticed I am not getting any raiders...Thanks!

Here you go, use as desired.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DBU7lrM6vPP6SCO2odj-70HsGzR3bJ-J/view?usp=sharing

ErrorNull feel free to make this obsolete at your leisure. :)

Well, just realized this still won't work without commenting out the remove xpath line that removes wildgameforest entitygroup. You'll have to do that as well, or the npc's will not be in that group as they were removed by enZombies.

Edited by magejosh
I'm a dork (see edit history)

17 minutes ago, magejosh said:

Here you go, use as desired.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DBU7lrM6vPP6SCO2odj-70HsGzR3bJ-J/view?usp=sharing

ErrorNull feel free to make this obsolete at your leisure. :)

Well, just realized this still won't work without commenting out the remove xpath line that removes wildgameforest entitygroup. You'll have to do that as well, or the npc's will not be in that group as they were removed by enZombies.

Here's my entitygroups version for enZombies to solve that. kept the spirit and altered the methodology for injection to entitygroups to maintain compatibility as much as possible.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pY_zPnYosXMrL5-7Yk2C9aavKh2JOQkl/view?usp=sharing

Let me know if you have any issues.

Happy to help, you did something epic here and i want it to be useable by anyone that wants to if i can help make that happen. 

So far i'm running a custom spawning.xml myself but i incorporated many of your new groups. I made the append changes to comment out the removes in that entitygroups.xml so that way if anyone is running a mod that might change the spawning back to vanilla groups they should hopefully still see enzombies in their in game spawns. 

I know Khaines Dangerous Cities does this as it loads after enZombies as well. Jaxterllers bigger wandering hordes as well i think, i'd have to double check that one again. But i know there's a couple. 

9 hours ago, magejosh said:

Happy to help, you did something epic here and i want it to be useable by anyone that wants to if i can help make that happen. 

So far i'm running a custom spawning.xml myself but i incorporated many of your new groups. I made the append changes to comment out the removes in that entitygroups.xml so that way if anyone is running a mod that might change the spawning back to vanilla groups they should hopefully still see enzombies in their in game spawns. 

I know Khaines Dangerous Cities does this as it loads after enZombies as well. Jaxterllers bigger wandering hordes as well i think, i'd have to double check that one again. But i know there's a couple. 

thanks I will test this today and let you know if i have any trouble!

am i to understand that i can run dangerous cities, bigger wandering hordes, npcmod, and enzombies, and thay can all play nice together?

because that is EXACTLY the scenario i have been attempting, but must have missed something because if i try all four it just gets all wacky with the spawning

any advice for this? or should i just try to adapt your provided fix for en to the others? or is it as simple as adding a few zzz's to the folder name to affect the order of execution
?

thanks for all the help magejosh and big thanks to ErrorNull for putting this together in the first place, after looking at the xml i imagine it took forever!

18 hours ago, magejosh said:

Here's my entitygroups version for enZombies to solve that. kept the spirit and altered the methodology for injection to entitygroups to maintain compatibility as much as possible.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pY_zPnYosXMrL5-7Yk2C9aavKh2JOQkl/view?usp=sharing

Let me know if you have any issues.

So do i need to use this AND the spawning.xml patch from above or ONLY this?

Also what about WalkerSim, will that also have trouble playing nice in this scenario?

Thanks!

Edited by ktrain
more questions... (see edit history)

You should need only these two xml files and the rest should then work together.

That being said, Khaines dangerous cites mod uses a set xpath method on spawning xml so many of the custom groups in enzombies will fail to function. But with the entitygroups i provided you should still see the enZombies show up and be spawned. 

If you add a mod that loads after khaines, and it uses a spawning.xml that uses set xpath, it will also disable khaines dangerous cities. 
My answer for developing a20 Purgatory Overhaul is to have a custom spawning.xml that loads last in mod load order to keep all the changes I want as guaranteed.

Oh sorry, just saw the question about walkerSim, i haven't looked at that one myself yet. Is it here on the forums?

On 1/17/2022 at 4:21 AM, ktrain said:

ok thanks that's how i do it too... i don't remember where i found walkersim, but heres the current github for it https://github.com/RagnarHbUa/7d2dWalkerSim

So from what i'm reading there on Ragnars git, if i'm understanding it correctly, it doesn't use a Config folder at all and therefore doesn't change the vanilla spawning related xml files, seems to add it's own spawner controller independent of vanilla function to keep zombies about constantly while exploring pois. 

As such, it should just be reading off the existing spawning.xml and selecting from that maybe? C# is not my specialty so i'm making a semi-educated guess it will not care one way or another what you have there as long as you have something there for it to use to call from.

12 hours ago, magejosh said:

So from what i'm reading there on Ragnars git, if i'm understanding it correctly, it doesn't use a Config folder at all and therefore doesn't change the vanilla spawning related xml files, seems to add it's own spawner controller independent of vanilla function to keep zombies about constantly while exploring pois. 

As such, it should just be reading off the existing spawning.xml and selecting from that maybe? C# is not my specialty so i'm making a semi-educated guess it will not care one way or another what you have there as long as you have something there for it to use to call from.

I appreciate your looking into it, thanks! So far between your explanations and patches it seems to be working well

On 1/12/2022 at 4:23 PM, ErrorNull said:

@getkloaked thanks for letting me know you're getting the same NRE issue too. question: when another trader quest to that same POI is available again in the game, does the same error happen consistently again? and do you remember what gamestage range your party was during the quest?

this is a challenging one to troubleshoot as it seems intermittent. what seems consistent so far is that the NRE invis zombie occurs only during trader quests. unless some player out there can confirm if they also received this NRE-invis zombie inside a POI that was not quest-activated.. or out in the wilderness? another thing i believe is that the invis zombie is not always the same type of zombie.. and may be a random selection.

hopefully this is due to a specific UMA zombie (or zombie configuration) that might be causing this, and not due to just any UMA zombie. coming from this standpoint, i can tshoot by eliminating the suspected UMA zombies from spawn (and continue to remove more) until the error no longer occurs. my first suspect would be any UMA zombie that has a prefab attachment (wielding torches, tools, bags, or other non-apparel decoration). in the next day or two, i'll have a test version of enZombies mod for you to download and try.

i wish i had more info or screen shots, but i quickly un-installed the mod since the players on my server were pretty butt-hurt about failing the quest, and didn't do further investigation. so i don't know if it would have happened again every time running a quest at that poi. it was indeed during a quest and never happened outside of a quest poi to our knowledge.

Edited by getkloaked (see edit history)

On 1/13/2022 at 3:39 PM, ErrorNull said:

ATTENTION:

I created a simple mod that removes all prefab attachments for UMA zombies. this serves to help me troubleshoot the NRE error issue.

so if you experienced the NullReferenceException (NRE) error while exploring a POI, drop this mod into your Mods folder in the same way like my other mods.

No Decos Mod (google drive link)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15C47k0XIG3EyNR5jTj8JuttaLnU5l7Qh/view?usp=sharing

what i'm hoping to see: no more NRE errors when exploring POIs LOL! but i doubt it. what i do expect to see is that NRE errors still continue, but at least it tells me the prefab attachments are not the cause.. and i can check that off my list of possible suspects.. and move on to my next suspects. thanks for your cooperation.

How is this no-attachment version working for everyone? @ErrorNull

@ErrorNull i installed the no deco mod add on, just got an NRE in hotel_01 POI on a t3 quest...BUT...no invisible zombie. no invisible zombies anywhere else yet. will keep you posted.

EDIT: just got a couple NREs in this POI while NOT ON A QUEST. but...again. No invisible zombies. i dont know the name of it. 

OPS POI

but thats what it looks like. big warehouse.

Edited by getkloaked (see edit history)

6 hours ago, getkloaked said:

@ErrorNull i installed the no deco mod add on, just got an NRE in hotel_01 POI on a t3 quest...BUT...no invisible zombie. no invisible zombies anywhere else yet. will keep you posted.

EDIT: just got a couple NREs in this POI while NOT ON A QUEST. but...again. No invisible zombies. i dont know the name of it. 

OPS POI

but thats what it looks like. big warehouse.

thanks for sharing your results. i have some other ideas of what might be contributing to the NRE's and will apply them to this next update. i'm about 90% done and expect to have it released within the next 24hrs.......

3 hours ago, vinanrra said:

Hi, are the zombies "normal" or have abilities like Snuffin?, because i had to remove them because i'm playing a "hard" mod and those zombies made my server unplayable, because we are noobs

Hi @vinanrra - all the enZombies are designed to blend in with similar difficulty as the vanilla zombies. for example their HP are around 125 for females and 150 for males. some of the slightly stronger zombies like the cowboys and miners can have HP around 170 to 200. but none have any super range attacks or buffs like many of the snufkin (or robelotto zombies). of course most of the enZombies also have Feral and Radiated versions, but then only appear when you are at higher level, like with the vanilla zombies. the giants are the only real strong enemies and they should be rare with HP around 1200 - 1400.. and they only have hand to hand attacks.

the snufkin zombies are great but are intended for a higher challenge experience.. so that's why it's available as an optional add-on mod. same with the robelotto zombies, which will be available as an add-on anytime now......