enZombies - More Zombie Variations

ErrorNull

22 minutes ago, ErrorNull said:

Hi @vinanrra - all the enZombies are designed to blend in with similar difficulty as the vanilla zombies. for example their HP are around 125 for females and 150 for males. some of the slightly stronger zombies like the cowboys and miners can have HP around 170 to 200. but none have any super range attacks or buffs like many of the snufkin (or robelotto zombies). of course most of the enZombies also have Feral and Radiated versions, but then only appear when you are at higher level, like with the vanilla zombies. the giants are the only real strong enemies and they should be rare with HP around 1200 - 1400.. and they only have hand to hand attacks.

the snufkin zombies are great but are intended for a higher challenge experience.. so that's why it's available as an optional add-on mod. same with the robelotto zombies, which will be available as an add-on anytime now......

Thanks for the explanation, that is what i'm looking for, i will be waiting your new release to add to my server and my docker image :)

Edited by vinanrra (see edit history)

Version 2.5 Released!

(Updated download link on original post)

Took a bit longer than I was hoping, but finally done! Spent lots of time playing around with the Robeloto zombies and play testing enZombies and updating the Snufkin add-on. Below are the details.

Main enZombies Mod:

- renamed enSpider196 (far right zombie in pic below) to enSpiderTom
- re-added non-HD vanilla zombies from Alpha 19.6! zombieLab, zombieScreamer, zombieSoldier, and zombieSpider. renamed to enLab196, enScreamer196, enSoldier196, enSpider196. enSpider196 chases you upright on two feet, but has the same hyper jump ability.

- also created feral and glowing radiated versions of the above zombies. the standard green radiated textures are not available for these poor neglected souls, so i had to 'super-radiate' them using the @arramus technique that was used on Wight Radiation Shower from the Snufkin zombies mod.
- restored Goblin Raid quests and Businessman Raid quest. Quest item can be found in same lootcontainers as treasure maps.
- fixed error with BusinessManBoss zombie.
- updated entitygroups.xml code so that enZombies are more compatible with unsupported mods that also modify the vanilla entitygroups.
- redid wandering hordes to consist of more unique zombie groups (including KHz zombies) and removed wolves to reduce meat harvesting
- Fixed gamestage.xml code for ZombieBadassGSHorde group. This should fix some NRE errors. Please do continue to report if the NRE errors continue.
- fixed enFemaleFlamerRadiated missing radiated/green texture colors
- gave all female enzombies dancetype 2 (that twirly dance)
- reduced on-screen buff effects of green screamer3
- slightly reduced chance of hiker spawns in the forest wilderness (sleeper, scout horde, or bloodmoon horde spawning unchanged)
- slightly reduced chance of miner spawns in the desert wilderness (sleeper, scout horde, or bloodmoon horde spawning unchanged)
- made a few zombies look fatter: enFarmerFemale2, enForestMale3, enSnowMale3, enBusinessman4

A20-1-2022-01-23-20-41-48.jpg

Robeloto Zombies Add-on v1.0

(download from main page in Add-Ons section)

- includes latest changes from Robeloto version 2.85 2022-01-15 and includes new radrobot1, spectre, and miniMummy
- removed archon, geist, and scarcrow (since already available in Snufkin Addon)
- gave all zombies randomized HP of +5% to -5%
- gave zombieAnesthesia female zombie sounds
- gave zombieGiant hulk zombie sounds
- have zombieFreezer/zombieFreeza snow lumberjack sounds
- gave zombieFreeza a slightly lighter color tint than zombieFreezer
- added UI description to "buffNoiseAOE" buff (zombieTranslucent)
- added UI description to "buffStopVehicle" buff (zombieRunningMan)
- added all zombies to spawner
- fixed some custom quest text and labels with localization.txt
- added bodyharvest to all Robeloto zombies
- updated localization.txt to show cleaner zombie names on-screan

A20-1-2022-01-23-22-35-58c.jpg

Snufkin Zombies Add-on v1.5

- restored KillJuggernaut and Snufkin Raid quests. They can appear in same lootcontainers as treasure maps.
- tweaked bodyharvest for Hisser and Motherclucker
- cleaned up and reorganized entitygroups.xml code so it can be a template for future zombie add-ons (Robeloto custom zombies, NPCMod, etc)

enZombie Harvest Add-on v1.4

- added body harvest for enLab196, enScreamer196, enSoldier196, enSpider196
- cleaned up code

These last two updates focused more on under the hood stuff.. fixing code and add-ons. For the next update, I'll be creating more fresh new UMA zombies again. Still have lots of ideas and plan to experiment with more zombies that fly and zombies that use projectile attacks. Still working my way up to real boss-level UMA zombies, but not there yet. Still many more 'normal' zombies that need to be made like shopkeepers, more school athlete zombies, scientists, construction workers, stronger bikers, more football player and even baseball player zombies, etc.

Ah yes, and just realized that @Robeloto literally just released a new update today for the custom zombies. 😅 I will incorporate those into my next update of course. As always, please report any errors (with screenshots most helpful) and let me know your zombie ideas as well. Enjoy!

Edited by ErrorNull (see edit history)

forgot to mention, i had also distracted myself with creating a funny weapon / tool mod. turn on cheats and go into DM mode. go into the creative menu by pressing "U" and choose / enable the filter for Dev tools. then search for 'dance'. there's no graphical icon for it cause i'm lazy. throw that mod onto any tool or weapon, then strike a zombie with it. LOL.

Hi,  @ErrorNull, by any chance can you upload your code to Github/Gitlab or any other, so it's easy to track versions, because I want to add the mods to my Docker Image, but if you use Google Drive, it's going to be a harder for me to track version and compatibility, because with the releases:

Spoiler

imagen.thumb.png.5cd7aa557f07bc96878860e7db8d1d5f.png

It's easier to follow the changes and compatibility with 7 days to die Alpha versions.

Thanks for the update, I'm going to add it to my server and will check if something fail.

18 hours ago, ErrorNull said:

- cleaned up and reorganized entitygroups.xml code so it can be a template for future zombie add-ons (Robeloto custom zombies, NPCMod, etc)

In relation to the NPC Mod, there is clearly some great potential for both the regular hostile zombie variety, as well as further expanding it to support allies. This example is using the ally system and hiring an archetypal version with buff attachment batons and shock buffs built into the melee. I think you'll find many ways to have fun with this.

3 hours ago, arramus said:

In relation to the NPC Mod, there is clearly some great potential for both the regular hostile zombie variety, as well as further expanding it to support allies. This example is using the ally system and hiring an archetypal version with buff attachment batons and shock buffs built into the melee. I think you'll find many ways to have fun with this.

Oh so nice...I want, is it available to public?

4 hours ago, arramus said:

This example is using the ally system and hiring an archetypal version with buff attachment batons and shock buffs built into the melee.

interesting! i forgot that NPCMod can also be used for uma entities too... hmm... and turn them into allies. i'll be looking into that.

i liked how your bushman jumped on top of marlene and continued to hop on her head while electrocuting her lol.

14 hours ago, NovenaNovena said:

Is there an option so the zombies dont fly very far away? 

hi @NovenaNovena the flying zombies like the ones in the Snufkin zombies add-on use the vulture behavior. so if they are not chasing you, then they will just fly up in the air and sometimes to a random farther distance like vultures. i don't believe there is a way to modify that behavior through normal xml modding. if you're able to hit them with a bullet or arrow, then they will chase closely though :)

4 hours ago, ErrorNull said:

hi @NovenaNovena the flying zombies like the ones in the Snufkin zombies add-on use the vulture behavior. so if they are not chasing you, then they will just fly up in the air and sometimes to a random farther distance like vultures. i don't believe there is a way to modify that behavior through normal xml modding. if you're able to hit them with a bullet or arrow, then they will chase closely though :)

Not sure, but I bet he was referring to the UMA ragdoll physics bugs...which no one has fixed yet to my knowledge

8 hours ago, ErrorNull said:

interesting! i forgot that NPCMod can also be used for uma entities too... hmm... and turn them into allies. i'll be looking into that.

i liked how your bushman jumped on top of marlene and continued to hop on her head while electrocuting her lol.

A small sample of what I've played with so far. 2 friendlies and 1 hostile.

The hostile is basically a Snufkin and I'll experiment more to see what other class, modeltype, physicsbody it can take. This may serve as a base to work from.

https://github.com/arramus/A20-NPCMod/blob/main/1-UMASamplePack.zip

hi @vinanrra - thanks for reporting this. but, sorry i'm honestly not familiar with reading that type of error output. i'm guessing this is coming from a lower level environment like C#? the thing i recognize there is just the word "EntityGroups".. but i don't see if the error is coming from a file/reference from enZombies or Undead Legacy.  i'm more familiar with errors that show on the onscreen game console. if you have any of those that would be great. meanwhile, if anyone knows how to read this error output from the pastebin link, and give me a hint, that would be awesome. 👍

I have here more info @ErrorNull, maybe there is conflict with Undead Legacy, because without your mod there aren't any of those errors, maybe this mod conflict with Undead Legacy :(

https://pastebin.com/YdgNMad1 ← This is the log from a fresh server boot up

I'm still debugging things, will bring more info, from in-game console

Here are some errors while I'm playing from server console, there is a problem with Wandering Horde

https://pastebin.com/nS6ETVLS ← Errors with wandering horde

No errors in in-game console.

1 hour ago, vinanrra said:

I have here more info @ErrorNull, maybe there is conflict with Undead Legacy, because without your mod there aren't any of those errors, maybe this mod conflict with Undead Legacy :(

https://pastebin.com/YdgNMad1 ← This is the log from a fresh server boot up

I'm still debugging things, will bring more info, from in-game console

Here are some errors while I'm playing from server console, there is a problem with Wandering Horde

https://pastebin.com/nS6ETVLS ← Errors with wandering horde

No errors in in-game console.

ah ok. thanks for the server bootup log.. that's something i can understand. those are warnings that the Undead Legacy mod is unable to find specific gamestage levels for the hordenight spawning because my enZombies have modified those to allow custom spawning. and the warnings at the bottom half of the log that point out that Undead Legacy cannot find certain entitygroup names that my enZombies mod has renamed. this is happening because i've made changes to the gamestages.xml and spawning.xml files that other mods do not expect. this is likely the case with the wandering hordes as well - since i created custom wandering horde groups for enZombies.

what i can do is create a patch that you can add into your Mods folder that updates Undead Legacy to be aware of those changes i did to those files. give me a few days and will have the patch available. 👍

9 minutes ago, ErrorNull said:

ah ok. thanks for the server bootup log.. that's something i can understand. those are warnings that the Undead Legacy mod is unable to find specific gamestage levels for the hordenight spawning because my enZombies have modified those to allow custom spawning. and the warnings at the bottom half of the log that point out that Undead Legacy cannot find certain entitygroup names that my enZombies mod has renamed. this is happening because i've made changes to the gamestages.xml and spawning.xml files that other mods do not expect. this is likely the case with the wandering hordes as well - since i created custom wandering horde groups for enZombies.

what i can do is create a patch that you can add into your Mods folder that updates Undead Legacy to be aware of those changes i did to those files. give me a few days and will have the patch available. 👍

Thanks, awesome work :)

43 minutes ago, Railu255 said:

Hi I was wondering if this mod requires a new game and if it doesn't is it ok to replace the main (Robeloto) mod with your addon? Thank you

You don't need a new game, and yes you can replace Robeloto mod with the Robeloto addon, and you will have both mods

1 hour ago, Railu255 said:

Hi I was wondering if this mod requires a new game and if it doesn't is it ok to replace the main (Robeloto) mod with your addon? Thank you

if you want to use enZombies with Robeloto zombies, be sure you are using my Robeloto Zombies Add-on... do not use the main Robeloto custom zombies mod or you will get some errors.

@vinanrra i made a preliminary patch for undead legacy. can you try this out and let me know if you see any further errors or warnings? once it all seems good, i'll add an official link to my main page.

instructions:

download the zip file below. extract the contents into your 7 Days "Mods" folder. note that the contents of the zip file contain the folder "UndeadLegacy_Content01". be sure that this folder and it's contents OVERWRITES the existing folder that's already in your Mods folder. this is what will make the needed changes to your current install of undead legacy to work with enZombies.

Undead Legacy Patch (google drive link)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kyPPDUsO1v2R3bZ_5eO6LCeH8DMnRhBC/view?usp=sharing