[Prefabs] ZZTong's Custom POIs

zztong

2 hours ago, stallionsden said:

Honestly go for it. All those ideas be cool and who doesnt wants to go thru the white house shooting zs. 

I'm sure folks might enjoy historical and political landmarks, but local party HQs are not that sort of thing. They're basically offices dedicated to organizing volunteers and party members. In small cities, they're often not high quality office space, rented for cheap where space is available.

My POI interests are mostly in modeling things found in many cities as part of trying to provide increased variety in the game. Something like the White House or the United States Capitol doesn't really fit into that concept.

3 hours ago, Deverezieaux said:

I think if you do them tongue-in-cheek the way TFP often does they could be fun.

As it turns out, Republicrats and Demopublicans are two historical derogatory names for both parties. Those seem good. I think I'll go that way.

2 hours ago, zztong said:

As it turns out, Republicrats and Demopublicans are two historical derogatory names for both parties. Those seem good. I think I'll go that way.

Ha! I had an idea that could work with that I wasn’t sure would work earlier. I was going to suggest having one building with separate main entrances for each party, with a secret passage between them. Basically implying they’re all the same. 😁

An updated version of this modlet is now available: A20.5-ZZ008

Included:

5 New Tier-5 POIs

2 New Tiles

9 New Decorations for the Wasteland

Nearly all POIs have been updated to use Parts.

Loot has been rebalanced.

Curators of derivative modlets and overhaul mods be warned, this update changed nearly every POI.

I now make use of GitHub while developing this modlet. While that's not a ready-for-consumers place to get this modlet, it can be handy for curators. The repository is public, but let me know if you want/need a link. You could use it to get a glimpse of what is coming in future releases.

This update is dedicated to @TSBX (and anyone else who helped) for fixing the modlets-Parts issue.

Edited by zztong (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Arma Rex said:

I like your direction on prefabbing- essentially creating buildings meant to fit in with Navezgane County and the lore.

Thanks. Yes, that's the idea, usually. I have strayed from Arizona content a few times, such as the Brownstones building.

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Tete1805 said:

The tile system sounds like fun, I'll need to look into this as well!

Tiles are an integral part of RWG as of A20. Anytime you use A20's RWG, Tiles are involved to make cities. Basically, they are 150x150 POIs that know how to designate spot for POIs of predetermined (usually standardized) sizes to be placed. The city streets line up because of the Tile system.

The Tile system is extensible. We can add new Tiles via modlets. There is an exception. Gateway Tiles are special. Traders are placed on them and roads leading between cities and off to wilderness POIs connect to the Gateway Tiles. In A20, you cannot add alternative Gateway Tiles. What I have found, however, is that you can override the default one. Gateway Tiles have other quirks too. Gateway Tiles don't seem like they got finished in A20 and there's lots of room for growth in A21.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Tete1805 said:

Hey @zztong, have you ever considered building a massive Olympic swimming pool? (Like a tier 3-4-5 ish.)

Not specifically.

I have thought about making a University district for cities and what kinds of POIs would be present in a large D1 (sports) R1 (research) University. A Natatorium (aquatic center / olympic pool) is a common building on campus. I've not decided to bite off a project as large as entire District as it would probably require a year of my time. The more I think about Universities, it starts to drift into being its own city with a collection of Districts and... well... then I start looking for compromises. The compromise often to make a "banch campus" on a single Tile. It would kind of fit: the Navezgane branch of the University of Arizona, which I'd probably call AZU to avoid copyrights. I'm not sure I'd put a Natatorium in a branch campus with 2-3 buildings.

Universities could be an ultimate goal, but you could make each building separately (the library, the pool, the dorms, the cafeteria...).

Worst case scenario, these are still valid POI on their own.

I had this fantasy about a pool, with like a sunny nice side on top and a dark side with the machinery and stuff underneath.

I tried once, but I suck so much at building, it didn't pan out.

I'll try to give it another go at some point.

6 hours ago, Tete1805 said:

Universities could be an ultimate goal, but you could make each building separately (the library, the pool, the dorms, the cafeteria...).

Worst case scenario, these are still valid POI on their own.

This is true, and still a lot of work. Plus University content is highly repetitive. Within a dorm, for instance, you have something like 3 large floors of bedrooms with the occassional bathroom. Within classroom buildings, you have a bunch of classrooms. Office buildings... yeh. The branch campus condenses all of that. You maybe have 1 dorm, 1 building that is a mix of offices and classrooms, a rec center.

8 hours ago, Tete1805 said:

I tried once, but I suck so much at building, it didn't pan out.

I wonder if this might be a good project for A21. If TFP is working on Water, then maybe trouble spots like ladders to get out of pools might be in a better place as maybe water will somehow surround objects in the pool.

4 hours ago, zztong said:

This is true, and still a lot of work. Plus University content is highly repetitive. Within a dorm, for instance, you have something like 3 large floors of bedrooms with the occassional bathroom. Within classroom buildings, you have a bunch of classrooms. Office buildings... yeh. The branch campus condenses all of that. You maybe have 1 dorm, 1 building that is a mix of offices and classrooms, a rec center.

If the control of the tiles were a possibility and we could control which way a tile spawned the design of said uni across multiple tiles would be a great outcome

Release A20.5-ZZ009

This version adds new variations on the Gateway Tile. That is, the Tile upon which Traders are placed. It does not change the Traders, just the content in their immediate vicinity. Now you should see light content instead of empty fields. The new content does not include quests because of the way the content has to be built, but you should be able to turn it into bases, or whatever. There's 12-14 pieces of content that can fit into 4 different slots, do you should get some variety for each town and city.

This update also includes a few new POIs. Navezgane Telephone and Telegraph has come into being with two new buildings. There's also a new Survival Base Ruin that can be found in the Wilderness. I'm curious what folks think about it. I worry that it can be easily turned into a functional horde base, so I've tried to weaken it, plus filled it with tougher zombies. Please tell me what you think.

There's new Decoration and Filler content. The Deco content gets scattered about the world. The Filler largely appears in Rural Tiles, which need lots and lots of content. I could add 100 new Rural POIs and folks would still find it to be kind of the same. This is because RWG places a lot of Rural content, so the vanilla 50 rural POIs are being used again, and again, and again. For that reason, this change also includes configuration that wraps cities with Residential Tiles instead of Rural Tiles. That will spread the Residential POIs thin, but take some heat off of the Rural content.

There are several bug fixes for existing POIs, plus loot got rebalanced again. I botched up Tier 5 loot in the last release. It should be more normal now.

• 1 month later...

There's an error in A20.5-ZZ009 that affects RWG. The zztong_Ranch_01 POI refers to a part_zztong_Mine_Field_02 but the part name needs to be lower case. The part is only included 20% of the time, so most times the POI will not generate the error during RWG. To fix it, edit the modlet's Prefabs/Parts/zztong_Ranch_01.xml file, find "part_zztong_Mine_Field_02" and change it to "part_zztong_mine_field_02" (that is, make it lower case).

This will be fixed in the upcoming A20.6-ZZ010 release. (No estimate of date at this time.)

Release A20.6-ZZ010 is now available.

• 4 New POIs: Car Wash 01, Political Party HQ (Republican and Democrat Variants), Trailer 01, and Trailer Park 02.
  • New Rural Tiles.
  • First use of Custom Blocks (XML Only).
  • Various Bug Fixes.

image.thumb.jpeg.2e0238c6cee906f9d7a2536f3df39172.jpeg

Release A20.6-ZZ011 is now available.

• 5 New POIs: house_04, house_05, slabhouse_01, store_s_01, store_s_02
    • Slabhouse is based on a building discussed in a 7D2D Reddit Conversation
  • 16 New Biome Decorations
    • Includes 3 "Mystery" Decorations - Strange things, but real-life things.
  • Various bug fixes and improvements to existing POIs.

A20.6-ZZ011.thumb.jpg.c4575d1c72dc8719d824f743f0372360.jpg

Release A20.6-ZZ012 is now available.

• A Residential Update
  • A dozen new Houses.
  • Four new Residential Tiles.
  • New desert decorations.
  • Combine with Deverezieaux's and Cranberry Monster's modlets for even more variety or mix and match with the A20 CompoPack.
  • NOTE: POI files have been renamed to be all lower case. Existing maps will experience file not found errors.

image.thumb.jpeg.154662f17229a1ed5c9aaee0b61632a6.jpeg

ZZTong-Prefabs (Release A20.6-ZZ012)
https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/1434/

Deverezieaux's Modlet
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dxgMa_r7e_aYK7UekaYVFshwjZ3g__jQ/view?usp=share_link

Cran's Arcade POI (Required by Deverezieaux's Modlet for one POI)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/r5tjy2eolup4svo/videogame_cabinets_A20.zip?dl=0

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Tumble said:

This new Version includes a .git Folder, is this Folder necessary for the new Version? :)

No, you may safely delete the .git Folder.

It relates to my use of github. I assumed its inclusion would be harmless. Did it cause a problem?