[Prefabs] ZZTong's Custom POIs

zztong

So im trying to use your prefabs and modlet however i get a ton of errors when loading a RWG map in to a game it tells me its ignoring a bunch of stuff.

Heres a quick sample

2023-07-10T19:23:35 99.613 ERR Loading prefab "zztong_house_01" failed: Block "cbpCookingPotHelper" (22362) used in prefab is unknown.
2023-07-10T19:23:35 99.613 WRN Could not load prefab 'zztong_house_01'. Skipping it
2023-07-10T19:23:35 99.937 ERR Loading prefab "rwg_tile_residential_corner_zztong_01" failed: Block "cbpShoppingCartRandomHelperAir" (22431) used in prefab is unknown.
2023-07-10T19:23:35 99.937 WRN Could not load prefab 'rwg_tile_residential_corner_zztong_01'. Skipping it
2023-07-10T19:23:35 99.939 ERR Loading prefab "zztong_house_17" failed: Block "cbpBookcaseBookless" (22339) used in prefab is unknown.
2023-07-10T19:23:35 99.939 WRN Could not load prefab 'zztong_house_17'. Skipping it

I do have both the modlet and prefab folder in the Mods folder and they seem to load up just fine

2023-07-10T19:21:59 4.277 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: 'Z00-Custom-Blocks-Pack'
2023-07-10T19:21:59 4.277 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: 00-Custom-Blocks-Pack (21.0.001.0009)
2023-07-10T19:21:59 4.277 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: 'ZZTong-Prefabs'
2023-07-10T19:21:59 4.278 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: ZZTong-Prefabs (21.0.015)

Edited by Popples (see edit history)

20 minutes ago, Popples said:

So im trying to use your prefabs and modlet however i get a ton of errors when loading a RWG map in to a game it tells me its ignoring a bunch of stuff.

Heres a quick sample

2023-07-10T19:23:35 99.613 ERR Loading prefab "zztong_house_01" failed: Block "cbpCookingPotHelper" (22362) used in prefab is unknown.
2023-07-10T19:23:35 99.613 WRN Could not load prefab 'zztong_house_01'. Skipping it
2023-07-10T19:23:35 99.937 ERR Loading prefab "rwg_tile_residential_corner_zztong_01" failed: Block "cbpShoppingCartRandomHelperAir" (22431) used in prefab is unknown.
2023-07-10T19:23:35 99.937 WRN Could not load prefab 'rwg_tile_residential_corner_zztong_01'. Skipping it
2023-07-10T19:23:35 99.939 ERR Loading prefab "zztong_house_17" failed: Block "cbpBookcaseBookless" (22339) used in prefab is unknown.
2023-07-10T19:23:35 99.939 WRN Could not load prefab 'zztong_house_17'. Skipping it

I do have both the modlet and prefab folder in the Mods folder and they seem to load up just fine

2023-07-10T19:21:59 4.277 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: 'Z00-Custom-Blocks-Pack'
2023-07-10T19:21:59 4.277 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: 00-Custom-Blocks-Pack (21.0.001.0009)
2023-07-10T19:21:59 4.277 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: 'ZZTong-Prefabs'

rename the custom block mods to its original name without the Z 

34 minutes ago, Popples said:

Heres a quick sample

It is failing to find the custom blocks in the 00-Custom-Blocks-Pack modlet. As Stallion noticed, it looks like you renamed the folder for that modlet. I don't know if that matters, or not, but putting the name back is worth a try. I'm curious if that fixes it.

8 hours ago, MrSamuelAdams said:

You place both "00-Custom-Blocks-Pack" and "ZZTong-Prefabs" into the mods folder correct?

Yes, correct.

Mods/00-Custom-Blocks-Pack

Mods/ZZTong-Prefabs

3 hours ago, MrSamuelAdams said:

Idk if it matters. But at Rosilyn Residence the zombies all get stuck in this window and can't move lol

That's a Vanilla POI...

house_modern_25,POI,POIName,,x,Rosilyn Residence,,,,,,,,,,,,,

... so you can either report it as a bug or hope a TFP person notices your message here.

Edited by zztong (see edit history)

I started over with all fresh downloads and it seems to be working now.

Re-naming mod folders doesn't seem to cause issues, the only thing it does is affect the order in which mods get loaded from what i can tell.

Probably important if you have a dependency tree...

5 minutes ago, Popples said:

I started over with all fresh downloads and it seems to be working now.

Re-naming mod folders doesn't seem to cause issues, the only thing it does is affect the order in which mods get loaded from what i can tell.

Probably important if you have a dependency tree...

Thanks for the update.

I'm glad its working for you and also glad you were able to rename the folder to control the load order. I was afraid we might have discovered that A21 required the modlet name to match the folder name and I knew if that were the case we'd be headed for adjustments in lots of modlets.

@zztong

I've noticed that cities generated in A21 with your mod active have large sections of tiles missing. The gaps are where you'd generally expect to see commercial, downtown or maybe industrial tiles spawning, but nothing spawns. Just big empty squares in the middle of all the cities. Any ideas what could be causing this? I have no other mods installed that add or modify tile generation.

15 hours ago, EvilPolygons said:

@zztong

I've noticed that cities generated in A21 with your mod active have large sections of tiles missing. The gaps are where you'd generally expect to see commercial, downtown or maybe industrial tiles spawning, but nothing spawns. Just big empty squares in the middle of all the cities. Any ideas what could be causing this? I have no other mods installed that add or modify tile generation.

Yes, this has been reported as a bug in RWG and I see it is now in the "confirmed" category. For reference:

And if you want a work-around, remove (or comment out) these lines from the modlet's rwgmixer.xml file:

<!-- Adds residential to the list of possible wrappers for a Town for more variety. -->
    <set xpath="/rwgmixer/township[@name='town']/property[@name='outskirt_district']/@value">rural,residential</set>

<!-- Changes the wrapper of a city to residential because there's already a lot of rural. -->
    <set xpath="/rwgmixer/township[@name='city']/property[@name='outskirt_district']/@value">residential</set>

Thanks to @Baradar for his testing on the matter.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2023 at 1:40 PM, zztong said:

Yes, this has been reported as a bug in RWG and I see it is now in the "confirmed" category. For reference:

And if you want a work-around, remove (or comment out) these lines from the modlet's rwgmixer.xml file:

<!-- Adds residential to the list of possible wrappers for a Town for more variety. -->
    <set xpath="/rwgmixer/township[@name='town']/property[@name='outskirt_district']/@value">rural,residential</set>

<!-- Changes the wrapper of a city to residential because there's already a lot of rural. -->
    <set xpath="/rwgmixer/township[@name='city']/property[@name='outskirt_district']/@value">residential</set>

Thanks to @Baradar for his testing on the matter.

You can also change this

<district name="countryresidential">
        <property name="district_spawn_weight" value="1"/>

to this

<district name="countryresidential">
        <property name="district_spawn_weight" value="0"/>

No more holes

3 hours ago, cammel said:

You can also change this... to this... No more holes

Thanks for the info. I'll give that try soon. Setting it to zero makes it the same as the default for rural, which kind of makes sense. I don't want to change the others, but maybe it points out that RWG needs to treat all outskirt_districts as if they had a district_spawn_weight of 0. It might break the bug report loose on that issue.

Update: Oh whoops, I was thinking of the wrong district. How odd. I'm building a world now and wondering how changing a countrytown value helps the cities and towns.

Update 2: The change did not seem to have any effect on Cities and Towns, though it may have helped Country Towns.

11 hours ago, cammel said:

The only place I have seen the holes is on my country towns. But I had added countryresidential as the outskirt

Ah, thank you. That was the critical bit of info. When I set residential's district_spawn_weight to 0 my dead spots go away. It certainly looks like whatever district is used to wrap around a settlement has to have a district_spawn_weight of 0 to avoid the Tile gaps.

• 3 weeks later...

2023-08-08T23:05:08 97.228 ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing 'loot.xml' failed
2023-08-08T23:05:08 97.230 EXC Duplicate lootlist entry with name beehive

2023-08-08T23:04:15 43.788 ERR Block beeHiveEmpty is found multiple times, overriding with latest definition!
2023-08-08T23:04:15 43.788 ERR Block beeHiveFull is found multiple times, overriding with latest definition!

Any idea what is causing this? 

Seems to be from your "Beehive" prefab?

If it's not from your beehive I apologize. Trying to just figure out the error. 

No description available.

Edited by MrSamuelAdams (see edit history)

17 minutes ago, MrSamuelAdams said:

2023-08-08T23:05:08 97.228 ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing 'loot.xml' failed
2023-08-08T23:05:08 97.230 EXC Duplicate lootlist entry with name beehive

2023-08-08T23:04:15 43.788 ERR Block beeHiveEmpty is found multiple times, overriding with latest definition!
2023-08-08T23:04:15 43.788 ERR Block beeHiveFull is found multiple times, overriding with latest definition!

Any idea what is causing this? 

Seems to be from your "Beehive" prefab?

If it's not from your beehive I apologize. Trying to just figure out the error. 

SORRY. Don't think it's your beehive. 

My apologies. 

17 minutes ago, MrSamuelAdams said:

No description available.

ERR Block beeHiveEmpty is found multiple times, overriding with latest definition!

ERR Block beeHiveFull is found multiple times, overriding with latest definition!

Those don't follow my naming conventions, so I don't think it is the ZZTong-Prefabs modlet. All of my beehives are Parts (part_zztong_beehive_01) so they couldn't have a loot list.

They don't follow the BCP naming conventions either.

I grep'd the entirety of both projects and did not find "beehive", "bee", or "hive", (other than references to my part) so I'm not sure where else to look.

SORRY. Don't think it's your beehive. 

Any idea what it was? It sounds like there are other modlets involved?

41 minutes ago, zztong said:

Those don't follow my naming conventions, so I don't think it is the ZZTong-Prefabs modlet. All of my beehives are Parts (part_zztong_beehive_01) so they couldn't have a loot list.

They don't follow the BCP naming conventions either.

I grep'd the entirety of both projects and did not find "beehive", "bee", or "hive", (other than references to my part) so I'm not sure where else to look.

Any idea what it was? It sounds like there are other modlets involved?

Yeah, it was from "Food Expansion" mod. 

I couldn't see a duplicate. So I just removed the mod for the time being. 

ZZ

Wasn't sure where else to ask. If there is a discord let me know. 

I was just wondering since 21.0 into 21.1 seems TFP changes something with trader protection and if you turn off protection using "  <property name="TraderAreaProtect" value="-100,0,-100" />"

It makes traders unprotected. But now in 21.1 when you have them unprotected using that config traders only give Buried Supply quests. 

Do you know of a way to make traders unprotected with out them just giving buried supplies?

thanks!!!

54 minutes ago, MrSamuelAdams said:

Do you know of a way to make traders unprotected with out them just giving buried supplies?

I regret I do not. Last week I got the same result and assumed I just messed up something.

The Trader POIs coming in my next release (for A21.1) includes Traders that have been overrun with zombies and don't include any trader blocks or functionality. They're not rigged for RWG, so the only way to get them into play is to edit a world's prefabs.xml file. I do that in my solo games so that there's only one trader of each type in the world.

54 minutes ago, MrSamuelAdams said:

If there is a discord let me know. 

I rent a channel on GuppyCur's server, #zztong-prefabs. I've not made my own server as my list is overflowing with servers already. Folks tend just just DirectMessage me, which is fine too.

A21.1-ZZ017 has been released.

This is a maintenance release that includes bug fixes and compatibility updates. If you're working with Teragon or an overhaul mod then this update is probably important to your goals. Otherwise, the bug fixes are block changes based on feedback from players, covering up missing paint textures, or other little things I may have found along the way.

Note that the Custom-Blocks-Pack modlet has been renamed. It no longer tries to load first thing by having a folder name that starts with "00". This is important for compatibility with overhaul mods.

So this release will work okay with say, Darkness Falls now?

As far as I know. I think DF is still in a testing phase so it might be a moving target.

There's also a change to improve performance for the Intersection POIs/Tile that was reported by the Rebirth folks. That change should make things a bit better for everyone.