[Prefabs] ZZTong's Custom POIs

zztong

Hunter's Trap is a decoration. You could disable my decorations as they are pretty rare:

Option 1 -- To Disable the modlet's Decorations: Delete the biomes.xml file from the Config folder.

Option 2 -- If you want the decorations, then we have to figure out why they're not being found. The modlet must both have Config/biomes.xml and the appropriate files in the Prefab/Decorations directory. -- That was working for me during testing, but I have not yet tested on a server. It is possible the client knows how to find that directory but that the server does not. If so, Option 1 or Option 3 will be your only choices.

Option 3 -- Copy the files from the modlet's Prefabs/Decoration folder to the modlet's Prefabs/POIs folder on the server. This might allow the server to find the files.

Sorry I cannot try this further. My development machine is dead and I'm not expecting to be back to normal until the end of next week at the earliest.

To reiterate, it is still a modlet. In A19 everything went into a Prefab folder. A20 added support for subfolders below the Prefab folder, but support for that feature does not appear to be consistent throughout all features. We're fighting similar problems with a "Parts" folder, for instance.

I don't have an answer for the disappearing building. At long distance you're probably seeing the Imposter. Once you get close it is as if RWG placed the Parts but not the POI, except in one picture you had one Part (billboard) and in another picture you had another Part (water tower). If those are appearing and disappearing, then the problem is deeper than the modlet as those Parts are from the vanilla game.

I suspect Stallionsden is on the right track.

I can't login to your server as I don't currently have a working game computer. (Sigh.)

Edited by zztong (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Loved this. The buildings fit right in visually and we've had a good time with them filling out our maps. We haven't even seen all of them but so far it's always a surprise to find out what's inside.
Just wanted to say thanks for all the new and extra fun! ❣️

ZZ, is your stuff staying separate or going into release with CP? Im really trying to hold off on using my own 19 to 20 conversions, but Stallion is still building i think. If you are going to carry your stuff, i will just use your version next map cycle. I think Im going to stop on maps after the DF official set is complete for V1. After that Im going to start work on custom tiles and prefabs to match the new vanilla scales for buildings. There are also a few nice AAA pieces I might finish just for the fun of it.

7 hours ago, Cpt Krunch said:

ZZ, is your stuff staying separate or going into release with CP? Im really trying to hold off on using my own 19 to 20 conversions, but Stallion is still building i think. If you are going to carry your stuff, i will just use your version next map cycle. I think Im going to stop on maps after the DF official set is complete for V1. After that Im going to start work on custom tiles and prefabs to match the new vanilla scales for buildings. There are also a few nice AAA pieces I might finish just for the fun of it.

I contribute to the CP so you can find my POIs as of Feb 2022 in CP48 when it is released.

The differences between my modlet and my content in the CP are:

1. Any POIs I release after Feb 2022 will only be in my modlet until CP49 gets released. I release content more frequently than the CP does.
  2. The CP has some slightly different RWG placement configurations of my POIs in order to support the CP's custom cities and to balance out placement all CP POIs.

My advice to players (found in my modlet's release notes) has been to go with whichever is the newest. That is, if CP is newer then leave my modlet out of your configuration. But if my modlet is newer, then consider leaving my CP content out of the CP when you install it.

I'm not sure what to recommend if you're doing extensive map customization or tailoring POIs to better fit into an extensive game mod. There's probably all sorts of issues to juggle. I'm happy to advise further if needed.

My current plan is I won't be releasing anything new until after CP48 comes out. There's a larger project on my workbench that I doubt will be finished in March, and maybe not April either unless real life backs off. If CP48 isn't out by then, I'll reevaluate.

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, MrSamuelAdam said:

Is this compatible with Darkness Falls? 

I don't know. I've not played Darkness Falls. I don't know how maps are made for DF, if DF can work with modlets, or if DF POIs need any special support.

• 2 weeks later...

ERR Loading prefab "zztong_Skyscraper_01" failed: Block "SmokeGreenDonutRH" (27982) used in prefab is unknown.

ERR Loading prefab "zztong_Office_Building_03_Destroyed" failed: Block "SmokeGreenDonutRH" (27982) used in prefab is unknown.

ERR Loading prefab "zztong_TFP_Skyscraper_02" failed: Block "SmokeGreenDonutRH" (27982) used in prefab is unknown.

Alpha 20.3 B3

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by QC_BOZ (see edit history)

1 hour ago, QC_BOZ said:

ERR Loading prefab "zztong_Skyscraper_01" failed: Block "SmokeGreenDonutRH" (27982) used in prefab is unknown.

ERR Loading prefab "zztong_Office_Building_03_Destroyed" failed: Block "SmokeGreenDonutRH" (27982) used in prefab is unknown.

ERR Loading prefab "zztong_TFP_Skyscraper_02" failed: Block "SmokeGreenDonutRH" (27982) used in prefab is unknown.

Alpha 20.3 B3

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Are you playing an overhaul by chance

3 hours ago, QC_BOZ said:

My Prefab Editor does not have a SmokeGreenDonutRH block to place. I don't even have a block with "Smoke" or "Donut" in the name.

Where did you get those POIs? Are they out of my modlet, or are they from some other effort where somebody has added value to them.

5 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

Just a guess but perhaps the "RH" in the block name is in reference to "Ravenhurst" as in the overhaul mod.

Ah, thanks for the tip. I was off thinking about "what is a smoke donut" and where would I find one. They don't sound very tasty, but they're probably low calorie.

Fox-143 on the Ravenhearst 8.3 Discord (channel "RH8-poi-bugs") believes that the SmokeScreenDonutRH block related to something about Tier 5s and spawning smoke. He was going to pass along the error report.

@QC_BOZ I don't know if you're playing Ravenhearst or not, but it looks like you've gotten POIs from them with extra stuff added. If you're playing Ravenhearst, then you need to get support from them. If you're playing vanilla and you want to use my POIs, then I suggest downloading my modlet. (Link in the first post of this forum.)

So far, testing the current version of the modlet has not found any issues with 20.4 b38 EXP when you move the Modlet to the new location of the Mods folder. That is, placing this modlet in this location...

%APPDATA%/7DaysToDie/Mods

... is working for me without any changes to the Modlet.

12 minutes ago, ScubaSteve3465 said:

It's not required to move the mods yet though correct? Also love the extra POIs helps to get by until cp48 drops, the waiting for that alone drives me nuts lol so thanks for trying to fill that gap with some great POIs. 

you can have them in either atm. Eventually tho it only be in the appdata

10 hours ago, ScubaSteve3465 said:

It's not required to move the mods yet though correct? Also love the extra POIs helps to get by until cp48 drops, the waiting for that alone drives me nuts lol so thanks for trying to fill that gap with some great POIs. 

I believe Stallion is correct. With 20.4 EXP we're told either location works.

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone is going to Origins / GDEX -- a gaming / computer gaming convention -- in Columbus OH (June 9-12) I could probably arrange meet up with folks who want to geek out about 7D2D. I'm suppose to work at the Ohio University booth in the Vendor's Room. I'm not yet sure which days / times.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking through my list of unimplemented ideas. There are a few on the list that I wonder if folks might find objectionable. I thought maybe I'd list them here and get some feedback.

The game already has churches. I wondered if making a synagog and a mosque would be objectionable? I mean, they are locations common to large and small cities all across the USA.

I've thought about making a Democratic HQ and a Republican HQ. My thinking is that regardless of a person's political beliefs, beyond clearing Zs and finding loot, folks might like to shoot these places up with some rocket-launcher therapy. Both are likely to be found in USA cities.

I have also thought about making a synagogue or mosque as well. I see no difference with that and including churches, so I say go for it. Several folks, G9, GN&S are doing religious themed Darkness Falls runs right now, and these would be a good addition to future plays.

As for the HQ's; I stay away from politics in my gaming, real life politics is annoying enough, but I think if you do them tongue-in-cheek the way TFP often does they could be fun. Include some things that people think of as stereotypical to poke fun at both parties, people take things way too seriously. You might even consider coming up with fictional political parties that are like the real ones, but "fun."