Virtually No End Game

Kryptik

1 hour ago, beHypE said:

What ? Praises for everything accomplished, 7DTD is a masterpiece of a game and one of my all time favorites, but it's been 8 years of EA. I enjoy the process of iterations but it's only fair to expect some kind of end game content at this point in time. Sure, you can always argue that one can "forget about the game and come back in 2 years", but then again I don't think it's unreasonable to be thrilled about what's coming and not wanting to just "put the game back on the shelf until it's done". We've heard and discussed bandits for half a decade now, it seems pretty normal to me that some folks me included start voicing their concerns and doubts about it making it in the game in the way most people hope it does.

<sigh> it good but it is still have a lot of problems : 

- balance - some perks working good some is worthless 

- small number of armors - they will add more in A20 but if it will be enough? Idk Conan have 30+ armors etc You can say : dude there is a small number of armor in real life. 

And it will be not true .  So you can add PMC armor ( slighty diffrent that milltary like is lighter but have smaller bullet protection but this same melee protection) , police/guard vest , riot police armor, biological hazard hazmat ( did you play in l4d2? something like that) , reinforced lether jacket ( in some countries skins , punks etc just sew in thin sheet of metal) , Hispanic conquistador armor( well this have sens ; in museum you can find it and medival melee/ primitive blackpowder  guns right? rich people sometime have medival armors ,  historical weapons etc) , hockey oufit etc so it have a big potential

- small number of weapons - a lot of people have katana right? or crowbar ( and it can work like worst wrench ) , in museaum you can find swords or medival spear ( we have spear now so add new variant wil be easier ) or halabard. We have ghost town so find indian tomahawk ( dmg like machete but you can throw it  like spear ) , good old remington ( better hunting rifle )  or colt (worst magnum). Another smg like uzi , 2-3 more pistols ( like in resident evil or dying light) , snipers ( my tier idea : hunting rifle, springfield, winchester , garand , miltary rifle ( something like awp from CS GO or Tundra  from cod bo) , automatic military rifle( well actually sniper rifle but with better shot speed) , more heavy guns with bipods : we have m60 so it can be added something like RPD or SAW too.  You can say that small number of weapons is easier to "organize" but for example L4D2 have small number of weapons but added CSS weapons was so good

- Small number of bigger POI - museum , small air port  or big miltary base with destored tanks a lot of small bunkers , rail station with trains , destoyed military convoi , military post on road. I know  they are still doing it but i give a example what is missing.

- it rly need to be more variants of zombie and maybe random variants like in L4D2 - Now i feel like i play in serious sam , ofc dying light have small number of models but have diffrents variants : green , yellow , black outfit of workers, a lot of difftents coulur of thirts , police military and Raise( i forget how he have a name)  zombies have diffrent versions, even special zombies have difrents zombies like goon or demolisher.  I played a few time ago in L4D2 and small change will do a lot like : blood sight of head, some zombies have two or one ey, difftent wounds ,  or something even smaller like diffrent colour of mud on clother or if zombie is barefoot have dirty or clean feet . Small detail? yeah but you can see it when you get down and  there is no living zombie nearby to shoot. in 7DTD screamers can have diffrent dress - more or less damage with diffrent coulur and dirt on it. Soldiers can have diffrent camo or have berets or wounds etc

- no bandit npc

- only one unique weapon

So they have a lot to do

8 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

- no bandit npc

Yes, this is precisely what I want them to add sooner rather than later. I have a different perspective on the matter to be honest; polishing and balancing everything before adding such a gamechanging feature like bandits might force you to do so twice. I understand there's a lot to do yet but there's going to be a lot to rebalance/fix after the bandits are here too so... yeah, i'd gladly try to lay my hands on them within the current POIs and with the current items, rather than adding dozens of elements and then realising you need to change up a ton of stuff when adding the bandits regardless.

Edited by beHypE (see edit history)

19 minutes ago, beHypE said:

Yes, this is precisely what I want them to add sooner rather than later. I have a different perspective on the matter to be honest; polishing and balancing everything before adding such a gamechanging feature like bandits might force you to do so twice. I understand there's a lot to do yet but there's going to be a lot to rebalance/fix after the bandits are here too so... yeah, i'd gladly try to lay my hands on them within the current POIs and with the current items, rather than adding dozens of elements and then realising you need to change up a ton of stuff when adding the bandits regardless.

I think it better to first add a lot of stuff : guns , armors type of zombies etc , in next alpha bandits and focus what players saying like : katanas are too op on zombies but it so bad against bandits etc. And focuse on balance in next alpha  ( something like betatesting ) knowing what is wrong, When they add bandits first and more weapons next this forcing them to make balansce twice  

6 hours ago, Matt115 said:

I think it better to first add a lot of stuff : guns , armors type of zombies etc , in next alpha bandits and focus what players saying like : katanas are too op on zombies but it so bad against bandits etc. And focuse on balance in next alpha  ( something like betatesting ) knowing what is wrong, When they add bandits first and more weapons next this forcing them to make balansce twice  

TFP already announced that the weapons are complete once pipe weapons are in. New weapons would not bring any variation to the game, just the same gun in different skins.

10 minutes ago, meganoth said:

TFP already announced that the weapons are complete once pipe weapons are in. New weapons would not bring any variation to the game, just the same gun in different skins.

i didn't know it when i was writing these post . But i can't agree : automatic pistol , semi-auto like garand , 3 or 5 round burst  assult rifle or granda launcher like M79 could change a lot. Melee weapons like katana ( a lot of  better machete) or crowbar (better bat) could be rly nice 

6 minutes ago, Maharin said:

I want a gun that shoots teeth.  Then I'll become the foremost dentist of the apocalypse and also loot teeth from zombies I kill.

A rogue tooth fairy, I guess.

Well dante from dmc using demons teeth as ammo so..

2 hours ago, Matt115 said:

i didn't know it when i was writing these post . But i can't agree : automatic pistol , semi-auto like garand , 3 or 5 round burst  assult rifle or granda launcher like M79 could change a lot. Melee weapons like katana ( a lot of  better machete) or crowbar (better bat) could be rly nice 

Those will be from the mod community.  They might even bring in other calibers too  😉

TFP already have a lot on their plate to bring this game to Gold so introducing new models / items in the game doesn't add value at this time; especially when we have seen a strong mod community for a game in Alpha.

I made an account just to say that while I agree with you, and wish there was more endgame, look more at the game like it's a simulation you can't leave than a game that requires an, "endgame".

Also, if you're good at the game, Ban. Certain. Items. While playing at Not max difficulty to keep yours and zombie damage/survivability in balance, just choose to never wear more than Tier 1/2 weapons and only use Plant Fiber armor so zombies permanently remain a challenge. Each encounter should feel like a zombie movie, where it's more about if you made the right choice to survive rather than did you use enough ammo to blow through a bullet sponge.

Also, NEVER cheese the 7th day horde. It's half the reason to keep playing the game. See it as real life, where it's do or die, rather than some kind of min/max cheese system. Don't build stupid gimmick bases, towers with 10 layers of walls, or mazes that take advantage of AI, etc. Board up that convenience store, see if you can really do a believable survival?

Trust me, if you follow this, the game reopens in a way you've likely never seen before. Keep in mind it's a sandbox game, and if you only play the game how you want to, or how you're used to, you may miss the entire point of the game that keeps it actually interesting.

As often suggested.. The End Game is:

Limit urself as much as u can take it

Always make poor choices 

choose the most useless perks u can find or even better dont use perks at all.

Never use a trader 

Never read books 

Use only Tier1 LvL1 Weapons and Tools

Armor ? who needs Armor ???

Sounds about right for a challenging End Game right ? 😇😇😇

Edited by manni44 (see edit history)

On 4/26/2021 at 12:43 PM, Maharin said:

I want a gun that shoots teeth.  Then I'll become the foremost dentist of the apocalypse and also loot teeth from zombies I kill.

A rogue tooth fairy, I guess.

THE GRISTLE GUN!!!  I remember that :D