ok ill start it - instant travel. good or bad.

NukemDed

I'm gonna say "no" first and then point out that the devil is yet again hiding in the details... So, no thanks.

"Fast travel" usually solves a problem of having to wade through a lot of boring content to get to what you want to do. Low tier maps etc. 7DTD doesn't really suffer from any of that, the relatively small world we have is going to be scaling to you. And you're free to setup shop in the wasteland if we'll ever get a reason to visit there, so the need for travelling is quite low as well. And of the world could be made interesting with the coming dynamic events, so the travel would be pretty much constant exploration (I'm skeptical of plenty a thing on that side, but let's wait and see first... :) ).

Then again, I wouldn't really mind if there's a lore-consistent way to set up a massive teleporter at a sky scraper and a single "receiver beacon" at a fixed location over yonder, having to haul about "five stacks of gas" worth of supplies for a single quick one-way-trip. Could be worth working for in some cases... I'd assume this is not "Fast travel", though..? :)

On 4/17/2021 at 12:46 AM, Laz Man said:

Lots of great points.  Is there a mod to teleport players to certain coordinates?  Vehicles can already be modded out so that would make for an interesting combo.

Driving noisy vehicles should generate the heat map up significantly as well.

there is debug mode. you can teleport to any coordinate.

there is also fast travel in some servers. i know skippy's server gave you a few teleports some years ago. maybe still does if he is still running a server.

Edited by starscream (see edit history)

I agree with most peoples assessment, no instant travel. Unfortunately most multiplayer servers have this option and if you dont use it, you fall behind as everyone else will. I always look forward to crafting/getting my 4x4, going off exploring for days and loading it up with loot before taking the long drive back to base.