A19e Nitrogen - UNSTABLE

Damocles

What settings should be used to get as close to a vanilla experience as possible?

IE: City structure

Would also like to know if it is possible to import the vanilla game splat maps? Basically would like to use your generator (it is faster) to make a 16k map with vanilla style cities, POI's, and splatmaps, but have nitrogen biomes.

War and Peace,

UnknownSoldier

What settings should be used to get as close to a vanilla experience as possible?

IE: City structure

Would also like to know if it is possible to import the vanilla game splat maps? Basically would like to use your generator (it is faster) to make a 16k map with vanilla style cities, POI's, and splatmaps, but have nitrogen biomes.

War and Peace,

UnknownSoldier

If you also want the same city structure, in this case you could generate a world of the same size (8k or so), and copy over the biomes.png to the RWG generated world to have more variation in the biomes.

But that would not mix visually well with the terrain in RWG (the topography is linked to the local biome).

The splat map does not spawn POIs in nitrogen, and thus it does not work with the terrain and such.

(I might make a version, where you can import edited splat maps, to spawn cities and use the roads)

Overall NitroGen makes a full world, its just not the same as RWG does it. You have to check wich approach you like more.

Edited by Damocles (see edit history)

I updated the stamps in the A18 version a bit, to have more flat surfaces. The landscape will have more plateaus, but this allows more foilage (trees especially) to spawn on mountains in general. Looks nicer when in those areas.

A18 skips vegetation a lot more in terrain with slopes. This should counter that a bit.

I updated the stamps in the A18 version a bit, to have more flat surfaces. The landscape will have more plateaus, but this allows more foilage (trees especially) to spawn on mountains in general. Looks nicer when in those areas.

A18 skips vegetation a lot more in terrain with slopes. This should counter that a bit.

Any chance for a pure flat world or is the flatter option it.

Like I mean not even a bump lol other then ores and trees etc ofc

Any chance for a pure flat world or is the flatter option it.

Like I mean not even a bump lol other then ores and trees etc ofc

For a totally flat land: just create a aquare image like 256x256, and fill it with grey (40,40,40).

Then rename it import_HM.png and place it in the resources folder (overwriting the example)

Then use gen mode use import_HM.png.

-> completely flat land

You will have only the forest biomes then.

You could just replace the biomes.png with one from another run (same world size)

For a totally flat land: just create a aquare image like 256x256, and fill it with grey (40,40,40).

Then rename it import_HM.png and place it in the resources folder (overwriting the example)

Then use gen mode use import_HM.png.

-> completely flat land

You will have only the forest biomes then.

You could just replace the biomes.png with one from another run (same world size)

You lost me after - for a totally flat land lol.

I wouldn't know how or where to do this

I am running NitroGen A18 latest from this forum post. I can generate a world fine. I place it in the Saves directory with the others. It doesnt show up when I start a new game to select. If I replace the files in a different generated world for testing I get a ton of prefab errors. Ideas?

EDIT: NEVERMIND. I had to manually create the GeneratedWorlds Directory and put it there.

Edited by cloned (see edit history)

New A18 version online.

Roads are now a bit more streamlined. Making them less likely to run parallel and have awkward intersections.

(road generation takes a bit longer now, due to the chance in the algorythm)

Stamps are a bit more optimized for A18, to allow more vegetation in mountainous regions. (more flat surfaces)

I hope A18 will address the placement of vegetation on slopes...

For dedicated modders, here is an autogenerated prefablist for CompoPack.

The lists is not yet filtered for zone types. As each POI needs to be assigned to a zone, to not look totally random. (basically cropping out zone-markers for POIs where they cant possibly belong to)

Some POIs might be a bit over the top thematically. Its would probably make sense to separate the prefablists into "Apocalypse" (realistic buildings) and "Fun" (full list).

The vanilla POIs could be taken out of the list, and replaced by the original NitroGen prefablist definitions.

if anyone likes to dabble with cleaning up the prefablist, here is the raw version:

prefablistCompoPackRAW.txt

The dimensions are taken from the XMLs and Binary definitions. So if there are any offset bugs in the POI definitions, it might need some manual editing. But it looked good in my test.

I will add a prefablist chooser, to allow for differnt Prefab setups.

Currently, the prefablist needs to be replaced by one of the same name.

The compopack itself is a very large download, that needs to be placed into the actual game-files prefab folder to be used.

I cant really make this more convenient from my side. (would be good if 7DtD had some mod subfolders that can be defined within the world-data)

And here is a preliminary version combining CompoPack and the original Vanilla Prefabs (copy all prefabs into the same folder in 7DtD)

prefablist_CompoPack.txt

All the prefabs are assigned to an existing NitroGen zone.

You can use this by downloading CompoPack 39, add all the prefabs to the vanilla prefabs folder.

Then rename the list to prefablist.txt in NitroGens resources folder (replacing the original)

Then just generate.

Hi there, first time trying to use this tool and I'm running into some issues. I'm able to open the tool and when I hit generate world for a 4096 x 4096, I get:

terrain generation...DONE...

running world mapping...

(1/39)

(39/39)

exporting (1/4)

and it has been stuck on that for the past 20 minutes

Hi there, first time trying to use this tool and I'm running into some issues. I'm able to open the tool and when I hit generate world for a 4096 x 4096, I get:

terrain generation...DONE...

running world mapping...

(1/39)

(39/39)

exporting (1/4)

and it has been stuck on that for the past 20 minutes

Strange. You could run the program via the bat script to see errors in the commandline. And then report any Exception that was thrown.

The export is related to the preview map. You could try turning it off.

As the other files where generated, (biomes etc) there should not be a problem exporting the preview map.

Ok, I've copied over the entire folder to the generatedworlds but do not see it when i cycle through my game worlds. I see the other folders for maps I have generated randomly through the in-game random gen. The Nitrogenmap folder has 4 files: biomes, genHM, main.ttw, radiation

Edited by Berto33 (see edit history)

Ok so I made a few maps messing with settings :) I settled on a 16k Map 88 mins to Generate & i have the folder with the files, I then checked on my Dedicated server which is in france & inside the save folder I get a map name that i was running BUT the files are very different, Can this be Run on a Dedi server or is it only for single play on steam, If I can run it on my server do I just delete the old save folder & drap & drop the new folder inside.... Thanks

Ok, I've copied over the entire folder to the generatedworlds but do not see it when i cycle through my game worlds. I see the other folders for maps I have generated randomly through the in-game random gen. The Nitrogenmap folder has 4 files: biomes, genHM, main.ttw, radiation

No you are missing important files, like dtm.raw. The generation did not finish properly here.

You could try the older A17 version, with default settings and a 4k world and see if it finishes properly, to see if there is any problem with your version.

Edited by Damocles (see edit history)

Ive changed the name on my Server config under Gameworld from RWG to the exact name of my maps folder, Ive uploaded it to the server under saves inside the origonal folder & the server stops after a few seconds, I then tried uploading the folder to inside the saves folder on its own & the server stops the same..... Can anyone explain please what im doing wrong, Thanks....