A19e Nitrogen - UNSTABLE

Damocles

Thank you. I read it over and over it didnt really explain dedi servers. What I got from it was for modded servers.

I did notice on Blue Fang I can upload files and folders. But...for example there is a Generationinfo.txt file on server. But on the generated map folder this is not one.

I'm nervous to touch anything and mess stuff up. Yet Im curious on how to do it myself. I guess I could ask support, butt hen I'd still not know how to do it myslef for the future.

I thank you for you help and you responding. Much appriciated.

I might have to look more into the dedicated server configuration. i have not yet dabbled with that, and cant give any founded answer. But there are lots of people around here, that know how to set up and run custom maps on a server. Maybe some post the the support forum will help you on detail questions.

To set up on a dedicated server:

Copy the world from Nitrogen/Output

to

7 Days to Die Dedicated Server/data/worlds

...so it would say something like

7 Days to Die Dedicated Server/data/worlds/guppy8kGaia

Change these two lines in your serverconfig.xml file

<property name="GameWorld" value="guppy8kGaia"/>

<property name="WorldGenSeed" value="guppy8kGaia"/>

...are both lines required? Dunno. Probably just need the top line,but um, it works so fuggit. =)

To set up on a dedicated server:

Copy the world from Nitrogen/Output

to

7 Days to Die Dedicated Server/data/worlds

...so it would say something like

7 Days to Die Dedicated Server/data/worlds/guppy8kGaia

Change these two lines in your serverconfig.xml file

<property name="GameWorld" value="guppy8kGaia"/>

<property name="WorldGenSeed" value="guppy8kGaia"/>

...are both lines required? Dunno. Probably just need the top line,but um, it works so fuggit. =)

Thank you so much, I was able to get it added although 1st support person told me to upload to gen folder. took me almost 2 hrs to contact support back and they told me where it was supposed to go and everything so far looks really good, Thank you and sorry Im just seeing this now. I applaud all of you that know how to do this stuff. Thank you so much.

Thanks for the help Guppy. I have added your "tutorial" to the starter post.

-----------------

If the NitroGen maps have performance problems, there are some things you can try:

Reducing the amount of POIs in general.

Set the "city grid" to wide. This will draw POIs further apart in cities and towns.

And use smoothing "smoothest" for the terrain.

Especially the smoothing might speed up distant terrain rendering, as the Unity terrain LOD might work better on more even surfaces.

Damocles, you might not remember but you helped me make a perfectly flat map. The thing is I don't seem to be able to make one and still have all biomes in it. Is there a setting to have my flat world and still have random biomes of snow, desert, burnt, wasteland, and forests? I would like the desert and snow random...not just snow in north and desert in south.

Also no big deal but I just noticed in the biomes setting that wasteland is misspelled as wasteand a couple of times.

Just here to say thank you again. Very nice tool! I like the new preview and it definitely offers more variety than the "standard RWG".

One question though: is it possible to save some sort of default settings e.g. cracks off, terrain smoothing etc. Each time I start Nitrogen those parameters will reset.

Damocles, you might not remember but you helped me make a perfectly flat map. The thing is I don't seem to be able to make one and still have all biomes in it. Is there a setting to have my flat world and still have random biomes of snow, desert, burnt, wasteland, and forests? I would like the desert and snow random...not just snow in north and desert in south.

Also no big deal but I just noticed in the biomes setting that wasteland is misspelled as wasteand a couple of times.

The easiest is to just generate a normal default map, with a biome layout you like, and copy over the biomes.png to your flat map.

Or even use one from an RWG world.

Its just important that they have the same map size (8k for example).

The most "advanced" method would be to draw the map yourself.

Just open a biomes.png in a graphics program (photoshop, gimp), and draw the biomes as you like.

Copy the colors. Its important that they are full colors (no transitions).

As a last step, use the BiomeFixer tool in NitroGet (tools subfolder) to ensure a correct format.

The game is very picky about correct formats, so I have tools for the biome and splat maps.

Just here to say thank you again. Very nice tool! I like the new preview and it definitely offers more variety than the "standard RWG".

One question though: is it possible to save some sort of default settings e.g. cracks off, terrain smoothing etc. Each time I start Nitrogen those parameters will reset.

Good idea if it is not hard to do. I often change a few of the settings for each map to the same thing (EG the co-op spawn and trader near towns). If personal settings could be saved that would be awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

The easiest is to just generate a normal default map, with a biome layout you like, and copy over the biomes.png to your flat map.

Or even use one from an RWG world.

Its just important that they have the same map size (8k for example).

The most "advanced" method would be to draw the map yourself.

Just open a biomes.png in a graphics program (photoshop, gimp), and draw the biomes as you like.

Copy the colors. Its important that they are full colors (no transitions).

As a last step, use the BiomeFixer tool in NitroGet (tools subfolder) to ensure a correct format.

The game is very picky about correct formats, so I have tools for the biome and splat maps.

Thank you will give a try.

Just wanted to come here and say thank you for all the hard work. I'm relatively new to this game and started with the Alpha17. Upgraded to Alpha18 and took a leap with this nitrogen. It worked great (only did an 8x8). Uploading it to my provider and mapping was easy and worked on first try.

Cheers!

There is no persistance in the selection state yet. (does not safe the selection) Maybe on day.

The cracks are like speed controls in the post apocalypse. Never drive and chat.

I love the cracks. Say your wandering around at night and all of a sudden you're ambushed by a bunch of Zeds... holy hell... you run off in some direction just to fall to your death into a 70 foot ravine... mwa-ha-haa... its awesome.

Darmocles

When writing a prefab into prefab.txt.

Finding the whole prefab size say is 45 x 17 x 45

How ever the offset is -1 so No write whole co ords and the nitrogen will take the -1 into account or would I have to calculate from surface to top of prefab for that y value.

What I mean is from bottom of basement that goes underground to the very top of the poi or from ground level to top of poi.

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)