A19e Nitrogen - UNSTABLE

Damocles

In Nitrogen you can import your own hightmap, or edit a generated hightmap. The mask is an image that can be used to block off areas for roads and pois, and also set city spawn points. Water is automatically placed in low terrain (water level 34)

You can pretty much create your own custom world this way, without handplacing pois and roads.

There are several posts in this threat talking about the details.

There is also an example world in Nitrogen (import gen mode) to showcase the files needed.

Thanks Damocles, I will read back through thread. Ive experimented a lot with heightmaps, but not much to show for it after a few weeks of steady work on it lol.

What do you use for heightmap editing? I use Photoshop for biomes, and Paint.net for roads.

Thanks again for this tool, its the best Ive used.

Just the same download link. Check if you did not cache an old version when downloading.

You still need java, but the exe wrapper helps with locating it and mentioning if you need to download one.

Bundeling a java vm would blow up the size of the tool too much.

I would do that with a game, but this is a mod tool in the end.

Edited by Damocles (see edit history)

Is there a chance to see a setting for adjusting number of big lakes? And ability to prevent "water-spraying" on plains.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28430[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28431[/ATTACH]

I did not include an option for the big lakes yet. (next update)

The smaller lakes and rivers you can turn off already.

Beware: the small lakes also serve a gameplay purpose, in that you might have a hard time finding water without them.

The preview map might also show more water than will be spawned. Its just coloring the terrain at the water level. (small water dots)

Relevant for water is if a water spawner (dark blue dots) will fill up the terrain around it.

Beware: the small lakes also serve a gameplay purpose, in that you might have a hard time finding water without them.

Since my first play I've never had a hard time finding water because the only source of water I use is snow. I usually spend a half an hour of a real-time to dig enough to supply myself for in-game 2-4 weeks. =)

Waiting for an option to generate maps with adjustable number of lakes.

OMG it's a great tool!

For manual hightmaps I just a very old version of Gimp.

Nitrogen is not too picky about the input formats, so any program that can create png will do.

But for the export images like biome and splat you need to be very precise.

What version are you on for Gimp? Ive tried a few before with mixed results.

EDIT: Thanks Damocles, couldnt get it to go in gimp, but PS it worked with no issues.

Edited by Cpt Krunch (see edit history)

Since NitroGen creates less road-surface than the vanilla RWG - wich spawn car wrecks - , I boosted the number of POIs containing cars in cities and towns.

This should allow for more cars being available for players.

(will be in the next update)

V 0.26: (same download link)

-new mountains: (50% old, 50% new)

those mountains are less rugged alpine style, a bit lower and have the forest biome.

-extra car lots: you can set additional car lots to spawn to increase the lootable cars in cities and towns

-big lakes: amount can now be set

-rednecks have a few new (trashy) houses

mountains1.jpg

mountains2.jpg

Damocles, is there something I needed to download besides NITROGEN. I get this error when adding more carlots.

Warning: prefab list does not contain POIs of type carlot

I guess you have either a manually edited prefablist.txt or somehow an old version of it.

this is an example of the zone-entry for "carlot"

gas_station3,COMMERCIAL,2,-5,34,17,41,smalltown;downtown;carlot

you can just add this line to your list, recheck your download or add the zone-type to any fitting POI

I guess you have either a manually edited prefablist.txt or somehow an old version of it.

this is an example of the zone-entry for "carlot"

gas_station3,COMMERCIAL,2,-5,34,17,41,smalltown;downtown;carlot

you can just add this line to your list, recheck your download or add the zone-type to any fitting POI

DOH. PEBKAC error.

I moved all the files from the last update in resources folder to my new one. I had my import png in there and didn't realize the prefab text was there also so I had just moved everything. Will replace the resource folder with new one again and just copy my files I need.

Sorry lol. People like me can screw up your day for no reason. :D

EDIT: Replaced original folder. Added my png file and everything works fine. :)

Edited by Gamida (see edit history)

i usually place the world into:

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\GeneratedWorlds

try that first.

Also remember to delete the old saves and old world folders in the C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie subdirectories

The game creates a file called dtm_processed.raw when starting the map, it always needs to be deleted when

creating a new world. (the out of index bug could come from the game loading a smaller terrain from it)

try a pure default 8k map first (not edited files) using a new map name

you could try using those prefablists for Ravenhearst:

Prefablists (Ravenhearst, Darkness Falls) by other users (MelT, Xylvier):

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?114207-Tool-NITROGEN-a-random-world-generator-for-7DtD&p=972744&viewfull=1#post972744

and turn off "extra car lots", as they are probably not defined in those lists.

NitroGen itself is primarily made for the vanilla setup, but using with a proper prefablists (wich indicate what POIs to load) it should work for other mods too.

No, you need to place this list into the NitroGen resources folder, and replace the one in it by renaming it to prefablist.txt

Its loaded under this name by the generator. Then you generate your world and place it under

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\GeneratedWorlds

then you go into the game and start a new game with the worlds name.

Uploaded list versions v3 with carlot values for NitroGen V0.26 compatibility.

On another note, I have created a repository on GitHub where I'm planning to move the prefab lists to for easier maintenance and access. I'm also planning to include other prefab values in the lists to come, so that using 7DTD MOD prefabs with NitroGen might be even easier in the future.

However, I'm absolutely new to GitHub, so bear with me. ;)

ok noob question...

If I generate a random world using the Random Gen previewer in the Editing Tools section of the game, and say I type in "MyRandomWorld" as the seed, it may generate a world named "South Pixidu Valley", and if I put "MyRandomWorld" as the seed name in my serverconfig.xml then I will use the "South Pixidu Valley" map that was generated in the Editing Tools.

So.... where do I find whatever the seed name is to generate worlds using NitroGen so that I can put it in my serverconfig.xml and use that map on my dedicated server?

@Damocles:

First i would like to thank you for bringing me to program a bit again, didn't have a project for a while (also hobby wise), just unless you i do not work in IT mainly.

After i wrote that script for the prefabs, i licked blood and kinda got stuck working on more funktions.

That said, i finally got something nice together and was wondering if you could help me with the dtm.raw files once more.

I bet you are busy, if so, maybe someone else could help me out with the following.

I try to understand how/what i write in the raw file along the image data from the heightmap.

Aware where i need to put the info, i am sadly not to familiar with what and how to calculate the extra info that the game needs to smoothen the world.

Thanks again,

Xylvier

Edited by Xylvier (see edit history)

ok noob question...

If I generate a random world using the Random Gen previewer in the Editing Tools section of the game, and say I type in "MyRandomWorld" as the seed, it may generate a world named "South Pixidu Valley", and if I put "MyRandomWorld" as the seed name in my serverconfig.xml then I will use the "South Pixidu Valley" map that was generated in the Editing Tools.

So.... where do I find whatever the seed name is to generate worlds using NitroGen so that I can put it in my serverconfig.xml and use that map on my dedicated server?

This should be the info you are looking for.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?114207-Tool-NITROGEN-a-random-world-generator-for-7DtD&p=973067&viewfull=1#post973067

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?114207-Tool-NITROGEN-a-random-world-generator-for-7DtD&p=973363&viewfull=1#post973363

The second link fixed a problem I had at first so make sure you do what it says too.

Cheers