A19e Nitrogen - UNSTABLE

Damocles

Hey Damocles

Found your Generator and absolutely Love the Looks. One Thing is Not clear for me tho . Can i enlarge the Burned biomes which Spawn when selecting "add wasteland and Burned biomes" ? They are quite small and its the only biome where you can mine coal in large quantities for Auto turrets..

Thanks alot in advance

Any way to include a seed name output or something that will work for dedicated servers? I've tried following the instructions on page 1, but it just doesn't work for me. I don't know if it is something to do with gameservers.com or what...

Coastal areas: not directly coastal areas, but I can include more lake-variations that have a steeper cliff-side. Very specific areas like an ocean front (like at Dover) are better made by hand and then imported.

Burned biome: I can add and option to increase the amount of wasteland and burned forest in the output

Seed: while I would add a seed, the problem is that it would only generate the exact same output, if also all the other options are set the same.

So the users would need to set all menu-option precisely the same to get the same output.

I have not set up a dedicated server yet, but bottom line, all the generated files (except the HM and preview images) need to be known by the server and the clients. Basically copying files around to the right destination. (Gameclients download the files automatically)

Zootal knows more about the necessary options for the server to load the world.

Any way to include a seed name output or something that will work for dedicated servers? I've tried following the instructions on page 1, but it just doesn't work for me. I don't know if it is something to do with gameservers.com or what...

I can confirm that zootal's instructions work. Actually, I'm playing on a dedicated server of mine using a NitroGen map.

For convenience, RAT is nice, for example; have a look here:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?40902-Server-Managers

In RAT, you can set the needed information in the UI and write your serverconfig.xml into the game folder conveniently afterwards.

If you do not have full control over your dedicated server, setting up a NitroGen map might pose a problem. (I don't know gameservers.com myself.)

I can confirm that zootal's instructions work. Actually, I'm playing on a dedicated server of mine using a NitroGen map.

For convenience, RAT is nice, for example; have a look here:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?40902-Server-Managers

In RAT, you can set the needed information in the UI and write your serverconfig.xml into the game folder conveniently afterwards.

If you do not have full control over your dedicated server, setting up a NitroGen map might pose a problem. (I don't know gameservers.com myself.)

I'm using a gameservers.com server and it's easy to use a world that is not generated by the server. Just take the world folder located in Nitro's output folder and upload it to the 7daystodie/GenerationData/GeneratedWorlds folder on your server (GenerationData is the default on gameservers.com setup).

You then edit your serverconfig.xml file, locate the GameWorld option and use the name of the world folder you just uploaded, locate the GameName option and give your game a new name (or locate the old save and delete it), restart your server and you should be up and running. It's probably a good thing to use a new game name since it will avoid any potential issue with previous save games on the players' PC.

As it was already stated, you do not need all the files generated by Nitro. Some of them are quite big and will slow down the first initialisation of the world for the players. Here are the files that you need :

biomes.png

dmt.raw (dtm_processed.raw is not needed, your dedicated server will generate it)

entities.xml

entityspawners.xml

main.ttw

map_info.xml

prefabs.xml

radiation.png

spawnpoints.xml

splat3.png (not sure for this one, maybe others can confirm)

water_info.xml

Hote that helps.

@Damocles:

I know this has been brought up a few times already, but are you planning to include some biome logic for future builds?

Maybe the biome logic in a way that the current spawn logic is kept; only when a biome-specific value is added that a POI spawns in that biome only, e.g. like this:

army_camp_01,industrial,2,-3,53,22,57,alone;mountain -----> this would cause the POI to be able to spawn in every biome, like it is now

(and additionally only "alone" and "on mountains", as before)

army_camp_01,industrial,2,-3,53,22,57,alone;mountain;desert -----> this would cause the POI to only spawn in a desert biome (and additionally only "alone" and "on mountains", as before)

army_camp_01,industrial,2,-3,53,22,57,alone;mountain;desert;forest -----> this would cause the POI to only spawn in a desert and in a forest biome (and additionally only "alone" and "on mountains", as before)

Apart from the biomes, are you still planning to include bridges / bridge logic at some point in the future?

Just asking; thank you for all your work so far once more. :smile-new:

Ok, here some TODOs from my list: (to be implemented next)

scenario: NO POIs (optional traders, some car-wreck POIs)

player-spawn and trader-spawn for mask image

more variation in lakes, mountains, rivers

setting: bigger burned forest and wasteland / option to spawn more WL/BF patches

additional flat desert terrain

add larger lakes with higher cliffsides (positive flat terrain surrounding it)

additionally: wider fjords and revines (partially hitting water, partially land)

more river templates

set water level spawn hight (numeric increase) meters etc

clean up readme

Tools:

"repair biomes.png" tool -> loads and writes biomes.png to correct color format

"reapair steet splat" -> repair splat map

"dtm.raw" -> to png hightmap image

Ok, here some TODOs from my list: (to be implemented next)

scenario: NO POIs (optional traders, some car-wreck POIs)

player-spawn and trader-spawn for mask image

more variation in lakes, mountains, rivers

setting: bigger burned forest and wasteland / option to spawn more WL/BF patches

additional flat desert terrain

add larger lakes with higher cliffsides (positive flat terrain surrounding it)

additionally: wider fjords and revines (partially hitting water, partially land)

more river templates

set water level spawn hight (numeric increase) meters etc

clean up readme

Tools:

"repair biomes.png" tool -> loads and writes biomes.png to correct color format

"reapair steet splat" -> repair splat map

"dtm.raw" -> to png hightmap image

Thank you for adding the burned bigger burned biome option, very cool that you try to fullfill our wishes!

@Damocles

Shame about coastal areas, would have been a nice change.

Also question about in game prefabs, are there any mods out there that anybody knows about that would add newish prefab models to the game...

I ask because on a really large map iam getting board seeing the same prefabs even when traveling from one side of the map to the other.

Gonna head off and gen a new map to experiment on making the perfect or as near as perfect base made around 12 atm... *SIGH*

Untill next time have a fun time people.! ;)

There are Ravenhearst, Darkness Falls, where a user created working prefab-lists. (first post in the bottom)

You can check those and the included prefabs in them, they should work with vanilla too by including them.

Nitrogen then just needs those entries in the prefab-list, to place them correctly.

Wonderful work! I have been wanting a way to generate more hills and mountains in my games as it gets very dull looking with mostly flat landscape.

I do wonder though if there is a way to have custom biomes put in?

Darkness falls has radiated biome sprawled out on the map and I dont seem to find them now and i feel like i am jipping myself of the full mod experience without it.

will 0.27 alpha release work with 17.4 stable? Also, thank you for making the radiation zone just a minimal band around the map instead of the circle.

I'm playing in 17.4 stable on an Nitrogen map.

Now at day 9 and no issue seen so far.

Good evening,

First off, great tool, nice fresh worlds.

I was wondering if anyone could potentially help me with an issue and I apologise in advance if this has been covered and I have missed it.

I am trying to use a generated world on a PingPerfect server, previously I have generated a world on my own computer and successfully uploaded it for use on the server. However, I cannot get a world to successfully load with a map generated with Nitrogen. The generated map is uploaded to the generated worlds folder, then I attempt to create a seed on the server.

On my home computer, this works as it should and I can get into the map and all is dandy, but if I attempt to repeat the process on the server (or upload the seed from the home computer), the server either hangs at the "Starting game" screen with the world sound playing in the background or it just cant retrieve server information.

I am unsure as to what I may be doing wrong, considering I have had a successful upload in the past (not Nitrogen).

Can anyone please shed some light on this?

Many thanks,

Adam

The easiest way I've found is to create a "dummy world" using whatever seed and game name you want. Once it's done, delete everything out of the "dummy world" folder that was created, then replace it with your Nitrogen world files and restart the server using the seed and game name you used to create the "dummy world". It will then look in that folder and start the game with your NitroGen map of choice.

I have been wanting a way to generate more hills and mountains in my games as it gets very dull looking with mostly flat landscape.

I have a strange issue, hate too many hills / mountains. But when gen terrain i dont want loads of hills and mountains but get so many its horrible...

I personaly like flat land in large enough areas as to build bases too much bloody work having to flatten ground before building starts.

I have a strange issue, hate too many hills / mountains. But when gen terrain i dont want loads of hills and mountains but get so many its horrible...

I personaly like flat land in large enough areas as to build bases too much bloody work having to flatten ground before building starts.

I also like a flat world. I first make a world with Nitrogen and then replace the import_HM.png file with my own before running game. I then have my flat world about 60 deep for my underground lair.

I've added your list to the main post.

-----------

New version 0.30:

-NO-POIs scenario (traders are still spawned) - abandoned world.

You can try to survive the world without any POIs in it, live off of junk, backpacks and a few cars in the world. (avoid taking a POI quest from traders then)

-secondary flatter desert plane, (so there is some flatter desert for towns to spawn in)

-option to increase the number of wasteland and burned forest biome patches

-some default settings are changed

Greetings Damocles, thank you for the promotion, i saw someone asking for it, so im sure others would like to include Magoli's CP with your RWG. on another note, i could not for the life of me get the biome per elevation back that i used to love, i hate finding snow in a valley, and a desert on top of a mountain, if you could add an option for that i would be greatful, here is 1.0 of Epic cities from a16.4 for reference on the biome per elevation

AL781ld.jpg

There are two ways to generate terrain in NitroGen.

The build-in map generator: it places biomes in specific places. The default biome is forest. Snow is only spawned ontop of mountains currently.

Desert can be on flat land, or eroded plateaus.

Wasteland is spawned only in "craters", that look like large bomb-craters.

The border-area can be marked with a specific biome to indicate the radiated zone.

The biomes can bleed over at some places, especially if POIs leveled the ground. But generally snow is only in high elevations already.

The other generation mode is to import self-created hight-maps. Here the main biome is forest, and snow is spawned on hight elevations.

In the case of a manually created map, it probably best practice to edit the biomes.png manually, to add the other biomes in as needed.

• SylenThunder changed the title to A19e Nitrogen - a Random World Generator for 7DTD
  • SylenThunder changed the title to A19e Nitrogen - UNSTABLE
  • SylenThunder locked this topic