Snufkin's Custom Server Side Zombies - PLUS (A20)

arramus

6 hours ago, ScubaSteve3465 said:

I was just installing this mod for me and my son to use and im trying to ONLY use snufkins zombies and EXCLUDE the plus ones from spawning. Honestly I just wanted to remove any of the animals that looked just too odd to be in the game. If someone can provide me with a simple edit of the config file or let me know how to remove the plus variants that would be a huge help. Thanks for all your work guys.

In the Config folder, you can find the entitygroups.xml. This file shows a list of:

- What entities will spawn

- Where and potentially when they will spawn

- At what probability they will spawn.

Simple deleting the whole line/area specific to the entity you do not want to spawn will remove it from appearing.

The top half is for regular game play and there are not too many to remove.

The bottom half is for Horde Night and does actually contain a lot but using an editor such as Notepad++ will allow you to remove large batches of text at any one time. The top half is a 5-10 minute activity. The bottom half depends on if you are familiar with batch deletions.

5 hours ago, Sugarfree said:

Is there a way to ONLY use the first 15 zombies and NOT the second batch of 23?
I installed this back in A19 and there was only the first batch.

Sorry if this question was answered already.

Thanks.

This question is answered in the post directly before your question. I shall also add the answer directly into the very first post because it is a common question since the original version is no longer updated.

Yea because I really want to remove some mobs, such as the flying sharks. I will go ahead and try and do the edits myself and post back if everything works out. Thanks for the quick replies guys.

EDIT: Im going through and deleting all these lines to see if that works. 

<entity name="SharkWFLB" prob="0.05"/>

EDIT 2: Seems like there are quite a few other lines lower with different prob values for spawning. Just went through them and replaced all with each one. Hope it works.

Edited by ScubaSteve3465 (see edit history)

I was able to remove the flying sharks without issue. I do have one more question. I know that file let's you choose the probability of spawning but I want to increase the total amount of zombies walking around and spawning. I wanted to increase how often wandering hordes spawn and generally just want to have a lot more in the world than there is now. Can anyone point me in the right direction for this? Thanks guys. 

20 hours ago, ScubaSteve3465 said:

I was able to remove the flying sharks without issue. I do have one more question. I know that file let's you choose the probability of spawning but I want to increase the total amount of zombies walking around and spawning. I wanted to increase how often wandering hordes spawn and generally just want to have a lot more in the world than there is now. Can anyone point me in the right direction for this? Thanks guys. 

The overall zombie count is governed by MaxSpawnedZombies in the serverconfig.xml file.

The overall frequency and volume of spawning in more localised areas is governed by spawning.xml and there are a variety of mods which can assist and avoid needing to change the default files directly. Dangerous Cities is one example.
There are also Increased/Expanded/Improved Wandering Hordes mods that will allow Server Admin to customise these settings without needing to change the default files. One example. The above example also has such a mod.

On 3/18/2022 at 5:14 AM, arramus said:

In the Config folder, you can find the entitygroups.xml. This file shows a list of:

Simple deleting the whole line/area specific to the entity you do not want to spawn will remove it from appearing.

The bottom half is for Horde Night and does actually contain a lot but using an editor such as Notepad++ will allow you to remove large batches of text at any one time. The top half is a 5-10 minute activity. The bottom half depends on if you are familiar with batch deletions.

So I basically removed the lines for the zombies I didn't want (any zombie not in the original first batch of the mod, and the entire Bloodmoon lines of code...  Will this work or will this glitch out the mod? Am I even making sense? I'm not good at this stuff.

4 hours ago, Sugarfree said:

So I basically removed the lines for the zombies I didn't want (any zombie not in the original first batch of the mod, and the entire Bloodmoon lines of code...  Will this work or will this glitch out the mod? Am I even making sense? I'm not good at this stuff.

By removing the lines for the zombies in the entitygroups.xml that were not in the original Snufkin Zombies mod, the zombies will remain in the code but not be spawned in the Biomes during regular gameplay or Blood Moon events. They can still be spawned manually by Admin for special occasions where appropriate. There have been no reports of any issues when removing these lines.

On 3/22/2022 at 9:55 PM, arramus said:

The overall zombie count is governed by MaxSpawnedZombies in the serverconfig.xml file.

The overall frequency and volume of spawning in more localised areas is governed by spawning.xml and there are a variety of mods which can assist and avoid needing to change the default files directly. Dangerous Cities is one example.
There are also Increased/Expanded/Improved Wandering Hordes mods that will allow Server Admin to customise these settings without needing to change the default files. One example. The above example also has such a mod.

So my best bet to increase the overall amount of zombies and how many are wandering and spawning is to use one of the mods above alongside snuffkins?

1 hour ago, ScubaSteve3465 said:

So my best bet to increase the overall amount of zombies and how many are wandering and spawning is to use one of the mods above alongside snuffkins?

Apart from the Snufkins being in 2 custom groups (Hard Wasteland Night and Desert Night), which have not really shown any major impact on overall zombie counts and placement because they reset once it becomes day time, any settings you change to increase zombies can focus on default zombies. One of the mods above plus the Snufkins should work together comfortably.

On 3/24/2022 at 9:36 PM, arramus said:

Apart from the Snufkins being in 2 custom groups (Hard Wasteland Night and Desert Night), which have not really shown any major impact on overall zombie counts and placement because they reset once it becomes day time, any settings you change to increase zombies can focus on default zombies. One of the mods above plus the Snufkins should work together comfortably.

So far everything seems to be working good. Tons of zombies, playing on 3x XP and double loot. Also I seen my question was added to the first post :D

On 3/18/2022 at 5:14 PM, arramus said:

The bottom half is for Horde Night and does actually contain a lot but using an editor such as Notepad++ will allow you to remove large batches of text at any one time. The top half is a 5-10 minute activity. The bottom half depends on if you are familiar with batch deletions.

Thanks Man.

On 3/23/2022 at 6:24 PM, arramus said:

By removing the lines for the zombies in the entitygroups.xml that were not in the original Snufkin Zombies mod, the zombies will remain in the code but not be spawned in the Biomes during regular gameplay or Blood Moon events. They can still be spawned manually by Admin for special occasions where appropriate. There have been no reports of any issues when removing these lines.

So by this - the original zombies WILL spawn during the regular gameplay randomly, but not in the Bloodmoon event right?

4 hours ago, Sugarfree said:

So by this - the original zombies WILL spawn during the regular gameplay randomly, but not in the Bloodmoon event right?

By this, ALL original zombies will spawn in both regular gameplay and the Bloodmoon event, because only the PLUS zombies are removed from the entitygroups.xml groups. To remove ALL zombies from the Bloodmoon event would require using the optional version added in the mod pack for Server Admin and then only making changes to the top version for regular gameplay.

44 minutes ago, arramus said:

By this, ALL original zombies will spawn in both regular gameplay and the Bloodmoon event, because only the PLUS zombies are removed from the entitygroups.xml groups. To remove ALL zombies from the Bloodmoon event would require using the optional version added in the mod pack for Server Admin and then only making changes to the top version for regular gameplay.

...ohhh okay well you know - maybe that will actually be fun to have the original zombies both in regular spawn and Bloodmoon... I'll try it in my regular game first and then install to the server.

2 hours ago, MikeG said:

I've been looking around for a starting kit mod for awhile now.  Just wondering how do I use the mod to adjust the starting items?

In the items.xml under Create_item there is a long list of all the items that will be given to the player once they open the starting bag.

And underneath that Create_item_count shows how many of each item they will receive.

The names of items available are usually found in the original items.xml file in the main game.

If you add weapons/tools, they used to be given a random level. They are all assigned level 1 from A20.

• 2 weeks later...

hello, I added a zombie version of the mod only for a bloody night, but in combination with the undead legacy mod and the difficulty level of a survivalist, we just can’t kill ((tell me or help how to adapt the mod? When the game stage is less than 100, you need to halve amount of HP of complex monsters

11 hours ago, goldfantast said:

hello, I added a zombie version of the mod only for a bloody night, but in combination with the undead legacy mod and the difficulty level of a survivalist, we just can’t kill ((tell me or help how to adapt the mod? When the game stage is less than 100, you need to halve amount of HP of complex monsters

Let me confirm.

1. You are only using the Snufkin Zombies for Horde Night.

2. Up to GS 100, they are too challenging.

3. You would like to halve the HP of the Snufkin Zombies for up to GS 100.

Here are two solutions. The first one is easiest.

a) Remove all difficult Snufkin Zombies until GS 100. Some are easier to fight because they have lower HP or do little damage.
The ones which are easier until GS 100 are:

zombieCowhead

ZombieBomber

zombieScarecrow

zombiePsycho

zombieSiren

HellBoar

zombieTipsySquatch

zombieTipsyPinkSquatch

zombiePogo

zombieRedOni and zombieBlueOni

And from feralHordeStageGS103 you can leave everything as normal.

b) Create easier versions of the more difficult entities for up to GS100.

The Snufkin Zombies are governed by the entityclasses.xml.

If you make an extra copy of the difficult zombies and rename the new copy with 100 at the end then you can have two versions. One with 100 for up to GS 100, and the normal version from GS 100. For example:

zombieScorcher100 can be a copy of zombieScorcher but with HO reduced from:

<passive_effect name="HealthMax" operation="base_set" value="2200"/>

to

<passive_effect name="HealthMax" operation="base_set" value="1100"/>

This is only half and much easier for level of Survivalist.

In the entitygroups.xml you would also add 100 to the end of the names of the Snufkin Zombies which are duplicated with lower HP so they take the place of the regular Snufkin Zombies for all Game Stages up to 100.

Good luck with whichever choice you choose.

26.11.2020 в 08:42, Аррамус сказал:

Привет! У меня вопрос: как уменьшить спавн этих кастомных зомби хотя бы в 5 раз? Можете ли вы объяснить все подробно? И еще вопрос: эти зомби появляются вместо каких-то ванильных, или их плюс к ванильным добавляют?

Edited by DenSCreed (see edit history)

2 hours ago, DenSCreed said:

Привет! У меня вопрос: как уменьшить спавн этих кастомных зомби хотя бы в 5 раз? Можете ли вы объяснить все подробно? И еще вопрос: эти зомби появляются вместо каких-то ванильных, или их плюс к ванильным добавляют?

Out of courtesy, and common sense, use of a translator and more contrasting colour is a more prudent option.

1. Go to the entitygroups.xml in the Config folder and divide all of the probability values by 5.

2. The Snufkin Zombies are added to the Vanilla Zombies' spawning list. The Vanilla Zombies will still spawn, and at a higher probability but they do have competition from the Snufkin Zombies now.

• 3 weeks later...

It would be nice if there were separate parts, because I play Undead Legacy, and it’s already quite challenging, I just wanted to add the special zombies little by little to my liking, for example, I would like to add only Siren Head and with time I would add others, because makes it very difficult all at once… and what is the difference of this Lite version? in the description it just says it’s more relaxing, but it doesn’t specify, didn’t give examples of what, less respawn? less hp? what really is this version? I tested it, but I didn’t see any special zombies of this mod in the Lite version, or do you have to wait X days for it to start appearing?

7 hours ago, Fenrirs said:

It would be nice if there were separate parts, because I play Undead Legacy, and it’s already quite challenging, I just wanted to add the special zombies little by little to my liking, for example, I would like to add only Siren Head and with time I would add others, because makes it very difficult all at once… and what is the difference of this Lite version? in the description it just says it’s more relaxing, but it doesn’t specify, didn’t give examples of what, less respawn? less hp? what really is this version? I tested it, but I didn’t see any special zombies of this mod in the Lite version, or do you have to wait X days for it to start appearing?

The lite version spawns the Snufkin Zombies PLUS entities at a lower probability than the default version. This means more Vanilla default zombies will appear. If Undead Legacy also has entities in the same spawning group as the Snufkin Zombies PLUS they will all be competing to spawn depending on the probability they have been given. The Snukin Zombies PLUS are only added to the Biome spawing groups which are not linked to game stage or days.

On 5/12/2022 at 9:55 PM, arramus said:

The lite version spawns the Snufkin Zombies PLUS entities at a lower probability than the default version. This means more Vanilla default zombies will appear. If Undead Legacy also has entities in the same spawning group as the Snufkin Zombies PLUS they will all be competing to spawn depending on the probability they have been given. The Snukin Zombies PLUS are only added to the Biome spawing groups which are not linked to game stage or days.

Thanks for the answer, a question about the installation, should I put both of them in the same Mods folder or just one of them? in this case I'm referring to the Lite version, it's been 10 days in the game and I haven't seen anything, did I do something wrong? Should I put the full version and the Lite together or should I just download the lite version and put it in the game's Mods folder?

12 hours ago, Fenrirs said:

Thanks for the answer, a question about the installation, should I put both of them in the same Mods folder or just one of them? in this case I'm referring to the Lite version, it's been 10 days in the game and I haven't seen anything, did I do something wrong? Should I put the full version and the Lite together or should I just download the lite version and put it in the game's Mods folder?

The regular version is already in the Config folder. The 'lite' version is in the 'Server Admin Spawning Options' folder. There will only be 1 version in the Config folder at any time.

Instructions.

1. Go to the Config folder. Rename entitygroups to Default_entitygroups and place it in the 'Server Admin Spawning Options' folder. This is the backup of the original for the future. You now have no entitygroups file in the Config folder. We shall now add the 'lite' version.

2. Go to the 'Server Admin Spawning Options' folder. Rename the 'entitygroups_lite_version (rename to entitygroups and place in Config to reduce spawning)' to entitygroups.

3. Place this file in the Configs folder. This will now be the only entitygroups file in the Configs folder. It will contain the spawning information for the 'lite' version.

4. Restart the server.