Snufkin's Custom Server Side Zombies - PLUS (A20)

arramus

13 minutes ago, DefiantDucky said:

@arramus could it be the enzombies and it's compatibility mod for your pack?

From what I have seen for the enZombies compatibility patch, it places the Snufkin Zombies into the custom enZombies Biome groups and nothing more than that. It should not be related to this enZombies patch.

This issue is typically related to a weapon entry that can be found in items.xml, buffs.xml, or progression.xml

For the Snufkin's it linked back to the Juggernaut Rocket Launcher and the Bomber explosion. These were patched for the most updated Snufkin's release.

We can pinpoint the cause by checking the log to see which file that red error relates to. It tells us before that error starts to spam the console.

14 hours ago, arramus said:

The link for the most updated version is in the very first post. It is currently showing the stable build version A20.6(b9).

Demolisher offers 500 block damage per single melee strike + 5000 explosion damage if detonated (7500 for Demolition Derby).
If you need more than that, feel free to customise further.

I am unable to replicate this issue with the stable version of 7D2D A20.6(b9) and the most updated version of the Snufkins which was first updated for this issue in A20.6(b8) and remains compatible. Check your versions or other mods which may need updating.

20220817095631_1.thumb.jpg.ca89e1dbefcdb78bb5b19d27c539f7d8.jpg

Oh nice I'll check, what is this one on the wolf?  Looks good, I might have been asleep or something but I thought I only saw like 2 new zombies in the latest release.....

In terms of this install, you remember some modified files you made for us, do we need to be aware of this before we install, gone through so many changes on the server recently hard to keep up :)

47 minutes ago, RAGE PVE said:

Oh nice I'll check, what is this one on the wolf?  Looks good, I might have been asleep or something but I thought I only saw like 2 new zombies in the latest release.....

These animals with riders are the 'Hell Lion' and other 'Hell' type entities. Some are carrying a rider but the smaller ones are on their own. There is a picture of them all lined up together in the opening post.

I believe the modified lines were linked to enZombies during the invisible entity search. Nothing related to the Snufkins. It's good to go as it is, beyond any custom changes you add to remove entities or increase damage.

The most recent releases brought 3 new entities; Crispy, Bogeyman, and Demolition Derby.

31 minutes ago, arramus said:

These animals with riders are the 'Hell Lion' and other 'Hell' type entities. Some are carrying a rider but the smaller ones are on their own. There is a picture of them all lined up together in the opening post.

I believe the modified lines were linked to enZombies during the invisible entity search. Nothing related to the Snufkins. It's good to go as it is, beyond any custom changes you add to remove entities or increase damage.

The most recent releases brought 3 new entities; Crispy, Bogeyman, and Demolition Derby.

Thanks...

We just tested a BM after 20.6 with your zombies as usual and worked flawlessly, no errors etc just to let you know.  I'll install that pack also.  More of these are very very welcome, our community love them alot!  In fact they rarely miss Bloodmoons tbh

Could you guide me to where the info might be able all the non zombie additions you made to this pack too, I remember there being some helmets and other things that would counteract the effects of the banshee for example.

I'm just trying to get a list of the zombie buffs against players and the list of the anti-buff items together so we can start giving them to players or players can make some easy decisions about what to choose, theres been alot of thought put into these things I can tell but can't seem to find the info off hand, cheers

For example instead of removing the Banshee that causes new players some issues would be good to allow the helmet instead.

And sometimes we get new players, with hordes that bring in Banshee, how would be best to take this out of the first few gamestages?  Was thinking for players that are level 10 or under they should have some protection from hordes possibly to not scare them away

Edited by RAGE PVE (see edit history)

Here is the localisation text from the Snufkin Weapons.

SpeakerHat,item_modifiers,mod,,,Speaker Hat Mod,,,,,
SpeakerHatDesc,item_modifiers,mod,,,"Increases Strength, Damage resistance, Fire and Electric Shock resistance, and resists the effects of Banshee screams, Mantis narcotics, Parasite leaching, and Archon shields. Can be found in hardened chests as a lootable item and installed in the armor headware paint slot. This hat mod is visible to other players."

The Speaker Hat will provide a buff to counteract multiple attack types. The localisation describes the benefit of all other hat/clothing mods as well.

The Snufkin Zombies are only added to general Biome spawns. These are independent of Game Stage and Hordes and cannot be changed based on player level. They spawn independently and if they join a horde it is purely coincidental.

3 hours ago, arramus said:

SpeakerHatDesc,item_modifiers,mod,,,"Increases Strength, Damage resistance, Fire and Electric Shock resistance, and resists the effects of Banshee screams, Mantis narcotics, Parasite leaching, and Archon shields. Can be found in hardened chests as a lootable item and installed in the armor headware paint slot. This hat mod is visible to other players."

The Speaker Hat will provide a buff to counteract multiple attack types. The localisation describes the benefit of all other hat/clothing mods as well.

The Snufkin Zombies are only added to general Biome spawns. These are independent of Game Stage and Hordes and cannot be changed based on player level. They spawn independently and if they join a horde it is purely coincidental.

Still having trouble finding out what is wrong with the mods, can the custom weapons pack have something to do with it? It keeps bringing up shortburst wave in the red error codes. Something to do with some kind of attack/weapon or effect 

XML failed to load: onSelfRangedBurstShot shows up as an error when trying to load in 

Edited by DefiantDucky (see edit history)

59 minutes ago, DefiantDucky said:

Still having trouble finding out what is wrong with the mods, can the custom weapons pack have something to do with it? It keeps bringing up shortburst wave in the red error codes. Something to do with some kind of attack/weapon or effect 

XML failed to load: onSelfRangedBurstShot shows up as an error when trying to load in 

The

4 hours ago, arramus said:

I just remembered after writing they were in the Weapons mod....thanks.

If we wanted to cancel the shark, what would happen if we deleted <entity_class name="SharkWFLB" extends="animalTemplateHostile"> and all its code from entity classes, but didnt delete the date in the entitygroups?

1 hour ago, DefiantDucky said:

The problem lies in the custom zombies mod. TFP changed 'onSelfRangedBurstShot' to 'onSelfRangedBurstShotEnd' SnufkinCustomZombiesPLUS_A20_2022August2022.zip fixes the issue.

On 7/30/2022 at 10:59 PM, arramus said:

Here is a small update for the Snufkin Zombies for A20 20.6 (b8)

Download here.

https://github.com/arramus/Snufkin-Custom-Zombies-Plus-A20-2022July30

Alpha 20.6 (b8)
This update required a buffs.xml update.
References for onSelfRangedBurstShot have been updated to onSelfRangedBurstShotEnd to match default values.
The effect is a delayed muzzle flash for the Juggernaut rocket launch and delayed explosion elimination for the Bomber.

For gameplay purposes, players will notice the Juggernaut rocket muzzle flash is a little more delayed than earlier builds.

The Bomber self destruction prompt triggers as normal with the regular explosion but he may show extended signs of life on the way up, but certainly not on the way down.

Updating the buffs.xml file removed any mod load warnings. If there are any additional issues, please report them so they can be investigated.

The top post will show 3 download choices for A19, A20 up to A20.5 (b2), and this new update for A20.6 (b8).

Here is the link.

Actually this was the fix, there is another one three days ago. Probably github.

2 hours ago, RAGE PVE said:

The

I just remembered after writing they were in the Weapons mod....thanks.

If we wanted to cancel the shark, what would happen if we deleted <entity_class name="SharkWFLB" extends="animalTemplateHostile"> and all its code from entity classes, but didnt delete the date in the entitygroups?

If you delete the entity, but not entitygroups.xml hook up, you will witness a critical cascade of errors starting with the entitygroups.xml to fail.
The result will be a barren world with no entities, and console spam when you trigger POI sleeping volumes. Test server stuff ;)

3 hours ago, DefiantDucky said:

I loaded 2 single mods.

The most recent Snufkin Zombies.

https://github.com/arramus/Snufkin-Custom-Zombies-Plus-A20-2022August16

The most recent Snufkin Weapons.

https://github.com/arramus/Snufkin-Weapons-Xpansion-A20-2021December17

The load out was clean with no console warnings. The Snufkin Zombies do not have an entry for onSelfRangedBurstShot. It was changed to onSelfRangedBurstShotEnd to match TFP's update.

The Snufkin weapons have no references to onSelfRangedBurstShot at all.

Try to load up only these two mods at first to check the result.

Then add in all of your other mods one by one until the error appears.

23 hours ago, arramus said:

I loaded 2 single mods.

The most recent Snufkin Zombies.

https://github.com/arramus/Snufkin-Custom-Zombies-Plus-A20-2022August16

The most recent Snufkin Weapons.

https://github.com/arramus/Snufkin-Weapons-Xpansion-A20-2021December17

The load out was clean with no console warnings. The Snufkin Zombies do not have an entry for onSelfRangedBurstShot. It was changed to onSelfRangedBurstShotEnd to match TFP's update.

The Snufkin weapons have no references to onSelfRangedBurstShot at all.

Try to load up only these two mods at first to check the result.

Then add in all of your other mods one by one until the error appears.

My apologies for the constant messaging about this, I have fixed it, double checked all buff.xml files I have and tweaked the commands, all working perfectly, thank you!

Edited by DefiantDucky (see edit history)

21 hours ago, DefiantDucky said:

My apologies for the constant messaging about this, I have fixed it, double checked all buff.xml files I have and tweaked the commands, all working perfectly, thank you!

what tweak did you do out of interest?

On 8/18/2022 at 2:42 AM, arramus said:

If you delete the entity, but not entitygroups.xml hook up, you will witness a critical cascade of errors starting with the entitygroups.xml to fail.
The result will be a barren world with no entities, and console spam when you trigger POI sleeping volumes. Test server stuff ;)

Or just edit all of them in groups instead using Notepad ++ all in one hit! :D

Sooooo well my players are butchering them tbh....instead of your 2:1 XP/HP ratio I've made it 1:1 so 2500 xp = 2500 hp for starters.  Juggernaut now has 50k hp for example as there gloating how easy it is atm, which 12k hp maybe a little low.  He shoots rockets but his big bro doesn't?  Where can we see the rocket damage or details on this?

The Archon, seems to shoot something like rockets, can the block damage be altered for this one, would love to see some higher DMG caused

Also as for you saying earlier about not having too many hard zombies, well why not add them in but impossible odds so that we can chose to include them, I wouldn't try to aim your pack to suit the majority as that may stifle some innovations you may have.

Its a terrific pack and now we have just flowed them into the game fully now too so their mixed in the EnZombies and they are well received....the shark had to go sorry! :D

But yeah, would love to see more, I know our players would too, its really created a buzz around the place since we adding them in full time instead of just BM...

1 hour ago, RAGE PVE said:

Sooooo well my players are butchering them tbh....instead of your 2:1 XP/HP ratio I've made it 1:1 so 2500 xp = 2500 hp for starters.  Juggernaut now has 50k hp for example as there gloating how easy it is atm, which 12k hp maybe a little low.  He shoots rockets but his big bro doesn't?  Where can we see the rocket damage or details on this?

The Archon, seems to shoot something like rockets, can the block damage be altered for this one, would love to see some higher DMG caused

Also as for you saying earlier about not having too many hard zombies, well why not add them in but impossible odds so that we can chose to include them, I wouldn't try to aim your pack to suit the majority as that may stifle some innovations you may have.

Its a terrific pack and now we have just flowed them into the game fully now too so their mixed in the EnZombies and they are well received....the shark had to go sorry! :D

But yeah, would love to see more, I know our players would too, its really created a buzz around the place since we adding them in full time instead of just BM...

items.xml governs the damage of melee 'hand' and 'projectiles' for entity and block damage either directly in the mod or linking back to the main game items.xml depending on entity.

The Golden Juggernaut has no rocket attachment and was added for block damage capability.

What I said earlier specifically related to flyers.

In addition to posting a request in here, a post in the Discussion and Requests area may get some creator's interest.

On 8/20/2022 at 12:59 AM, arramus said:

items.xml governs the damage of melee 'hand' and 'projectiles' for entity and block damage either directly in the mod or linking back to the main game items.xml depending on entity.

The Golden Juggernaut has no rocket attachment and was added for block damage capability.

What I said earlier specifically related to flyers.

In addition to posting a request in here, a post in the Discussion and Requests area may get some creator's interest.

I have been using the 50% enzombie BM file so have now switched to the 10%.  On the previous file it actually spawned 75% EnZombies and players at BM find this too easy so will checkout how the new ratio fares.

If you couldn't make some further additions I could look at requests, but I wouldn't know how to add custom zombies into your pack. 

I quite liked that glowing red buff you made for the Derby, applying that and making 'RAGE Archon, RAGE Demolition, RAGE Hellflyer' would be fun!

13 minutes ago, RAGE PVE said:

I have been using the 50% enzombie BM file so have now switched to the 10%.  On the previous file it actually spawned 75% EnZombies and players at BM find this too easy so will checkout how the new ratio fares.

If you couldn't make some further additions I could look at requests, but I wouldn't know how to add custom zombies into your pack. 

I quite liked that glowing red buff you made for the Derby, applying that and making 'RAGE Archon, RAGE Demolition, RAGE Hellflyer' would be fun!

Yes. And that is something the Die Hard community, mentioned above, added to their server. They took a Snufkin zombie from the code, pasted it below with DH added at the end, and increased its HP, XP, and damage by about +20%. And with that Juggernaut, gave it the Archon flying feature. It suits their community player base as they set up a group BM base for parties with a teleport function.

Once hooked up to the spawn lists, they soon become a regular feature.

On 8/19/2022 at 11:33 PM, RAGE PVE said:

White River Citizens quest line mod, had the old shortbust line still in there.

@ErrorNull @arramus

Is there a way to make Snufkin Zombies 100% only on BM's at all? 

This would transform our Blood Moons alot as even with the EnZombie 10% only BM mod its still taking over the spawns and yielded 77% EnZombies on this mornings BM.  The 50% mod was also tested yesterday which brought in 75%.

There were exactly 1700 zombies, 1310 were EnZombies https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xYEtNSsvBKEwiYrLBdy-6-5DnfU6hcpGss9QReUxBT4/edit#gid=1633971799 here is the log list formatted and showing the enzombies were counted accurately

Only 13 demolishers, zero Derbys, 1 Crispy, 1 Geist , 1 Archon......out of 1700

We have the Snufkin default setting so Zombies should appear during normal times and Blood Moons, not sure if that makes a difference or not.

But I know for sure 1700 Snufkins would swiftly make the players retreat back into their caves I suspect! :D  

from inside the enZombies mod, you can prevent any enZombies from spawning in the BM my deleting the <append>s that's related to the feralHordeStageGS group. go to entitygroups.xml around near line 6540 and you'll see the first <appends> group ...

<append xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='feralHordeStageGS1']">
:
(huge list of zombies)
:
</appned>

...  delete that entire block. then repeat for the next block for feralHordeStageGS2, feralHordeStageGS4, and so on.

another approach is the pump of the prob values of BM in arramus' skufin zombies from inside the entitygroups.xml. that might be a bit of a manual process that arramus may need to help out with.

Thank you very much.

just in APP notepad
i don't know the number of lines
I deleted the whole thing.

1 Snufkin Custom Weapon Xpansion mod
Edit after installation.

8時間前、アラムスはこう言った:

2つの選択肢:

1. Snufkin Custom Weapons Xpansion mod でスピーカー mod ハットを使用します。この効果を停止します。

2. Banshee の buffs.xml 行 287 ~ 301 を削除します。Mantis の歪みは Lines 131 - 136 です。

IMG_2050.jpg

Edited by a_jp
誤字 (see edit history)

Notepad++ is a very useful editor for xml files.

https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notepad%2B%2B

buffNarcoticsMantis Lines 131-136

<effect_group>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="ModifyScreenEffect" intensity="1" effect_name="Distortion"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="ModifyScreenEffect" intensity="1" fade="4" effect_name="VibrantDeSat"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffRemove" action="ModifyScreenEffect" intensity="0" fade="4"  effect_name="VibrantDeSat"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffRemove" action="ModifyScreenEffect" intensity="0" fade="4"  effect_name="Distortion"/>
			</effect_group>

buffBanshee Line 287-301

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="ModifyScreenEffect" intensity="2" fade="1" effect_name="Blur"/>
                <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="ModifyScreenEffect" intensity=".5" fade="1" effect_name="Radiation" />
                <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="ModifyScreenEffect" intensity="1" effect_name="Drunk" fade="1"/>
                <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffRemove" action="ModifyScreenEffect" intensity="0" fade="1" effect_name="Blur"/>
                <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffRemove" action="ModifyScreenEffect" intensity="0" fade="1" effect_name="Radiation" />
                <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffRemove" action="ModifyScreenEffect" intensity="0" effect_name="Drunk" fade="1"/>
                <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfDied" action="ModifyScreenEffect" intensity="0" fade="1" effect_name="Blur"/>
                <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfDied" action="ModifyScreenEffect" intensity="0" fade="1" effect_name="Radiation" />
                <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfDied" action="ModifyScreenEffect" intensity="0" effect_name="Drunk" fade="1"/>
                <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="PlaySound" sound="bansheebuff0" play_in_head="true">
                    <requirement name="EntityTagCompare" tags="player"/>
                </triggered_effect>
                <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="PlaySound" sound="bansheebuff1" play_in_head="true">
                    <requirement name="EntityTagCompare" tags="player"/>
                </triggered_effect>

Hi there!

Seems like I am getting an exception upon Initializing Configs when logging in. 

Seems to be on event of onSelfRangedBurstShotEnd.

Has anyone else experienced this? I have ITAV mod installed but shouldn't conflict with this mod. 

Image here: https://prnt.sc/VAOxvhqMIJOb

Thank you in advance!

Edited by BourbonBeefcake
inserting error image url (see edit history)