Snufkin's Custom Server Side Zombies - PLUS (A20)

arramus

9 minutes ago, BourbonBeefcake said:

Hi there!

Seems like I am getting an exception upon Initializing Configs when logging in. 

Seems to be on event of onSelfRangedBurstShotEnd.

Has anyone else experienced this? I have ITAV mod installed but shouldn't conflict with this mod. 

Thank you in advance!

The current version is compatible with A20.6(b9), the most recent Stable release.

If your version of 7D2D for A20 is before A20.6(b8), this version is not compatible.

From the experimental A20.6(b8) 'onSelfRangedBurstShot' was upgraded to either onSelfRangedBurstShotStart or onSelfRangedBurstShotEnd.

If your version is before that, it is necessary to change any instances of these back to onSelfRangedBurstShot.

15 minutes ago, arramus said:

The current version is compatible with A20.6(b9), the most recent Stable release.

If your version of 7D2D for A20 is before A20.6(b8), this version is not compatible.

From the experimental A20.6(b8) 'onSelfRangedBurstShot' was upgraded to either onSelfRangedBurstShotStart or onSelfRangedBurstShotEnd.

If your version is before that, it is necessary to change any instances of these back to onSelfRangedBurstShot.

Thank you so much!

Do I have to change this in the mod files or the game files? 

18 minutes ago, BourbonBeefcake said:

Thank you so much!

Do I have to change this in the mod files or the game files? 

Choice 1. Update your version of 7D2D to the latest Stable version. There will be no requirement to change the mod files.

Choice 2. Keep your current version of 7D2D and downgrade the Snufkin mod to an earlier build.

https://github.com/arramus/Snufkin-Custom-Zombies-Plus-A20-2022Feb02

Choice 3. Keep your current version of 7D2D and Snufkin mod but change anywhere that has onSelfRangedBurstShot to onSelfRangedBurstShotEnd.

This is changed in the Configs / buffs.xml file.

5 hours ago, arramus said:

Choice 1. Update your version of 7D2D to the latest Stable version. There will be no requirement to change the mod files.

Choice 2. Keep your current version of 7D2D and downgrade the Snufkin mod to an earlier build.

https://github.com/arramus/Snufkin-Custom-Zombies-Plus-A20-2022Feb02

Choice 3. Keep your current version of 7D2D and Snufkin mod but change anywhere that has onSelfRangedBurstShot to onSelfRangedBurstShotEnd.

This is changed in the Configs / buffs.xml file.

Awesome, updated and downloaded Snuff's zombies and weapons from your github, latest versions. Also you had a20 vehicles, I added that also. 
One question please, I am getting what seems to be an Xui error when selecting an item in the crafting menu. Attached image below.

Can you help me with this please? :) 

errorcrafting.png

5 hours ago, BourbonBeefcake said:

Awesome, updated and downloaded Snuff's zombies and weapons from your github, latest versions. Also you had a20 vehicles, I added that also. 
One question please, I am getting what seems to be an Xui error when selecting an item in the crafting menu. Attached image below.

Can you help me with this please? :) 

errorcrafting.png

It's difficult to understand the reason for some console errors unless we can see the original warning error that usually comes before this type of error goes into a cycle. For that reason, it is helpful to look in the log for a more specific error that links to a specific file.

Adding in new mods to an existing World that already has other mods has been known to upset existing items/blocks that exist in the World. It is possible to give more help with the log details or more understanding of what has been happening in the World, beyond the attached image.

10 hours ago, arramus said:

It's difficult to understand the reason for some console errors unless we can see the original warning error that usually comes before this type of error goes into a cycle. For that reason, it is helpful to look in the log for a more specific error that links to a specific file.

Adding in new mods to an existing World that already has other mods has been known to upset existing items/blocks that exist in the World. It is possible to give more help with the log details or more understanding of what has been happening in the World, beyond the attached image.

Understandable, I was looking for the file reference as well, but couldn't find anything. I will look at the ingame log and perhaps create a fresh world in a stage server with the mods to see if I am getting the same problem.

Thank you for the direction, I will post here when I have more info!

13 hours ago, arramus said:

I checked the game log and there is nothing there. Is there another location I can check?

13 hours ago, arramus said:

Ok found the following while my server is booting up 

snufkin prob.png

48 minutes ago, BourbonBeefcake said:

Ok found the following while my server is booting up 

snufkin prob.png

I tested the Snufkin Weapons Xpansion for the perkTurrets weapon, the Turret Auger.

I also tested the Brainsaw which is governed by perkMiner69r.

20220901013701_1.thumb.jpg.563d513ce03b5c6937cac1e414cb7ea9.jpg

20220901013833_1.thumb.jpg.db9926ab939390a3a5d227a0dde70167.jpg

20220901013839_1.thumb.jpg.514f7891ced4e2ffb6d3bf6e29fb0353.jpg

I didn't receive any warnings when loading and the since that progression.xml file loaded, these weapons were craftable.

I recommend starting with the Snufkin Weapons Mod and see if it fails to load. If it is successful, keep adding mods until the error happens and that may be a mod conflict.

On 12/1/2020 at 7:34 AM, arramus said:

See what you make of this server side version.

Doughs-RabbitOfCaerbannog-A19-ServerSideTest.zip 7.86 kB · 9 downloads

Doughphunghus is very generous with the license arrangement and basically allows us to do anything we like with this mod. Naturally, Doughphunghus is credited throughout as the XML is full of Doughphunghus tweaks. This modder clearly loved working on this. It can be released as a public server side version if it passes your tests.

3.5 scale.

20201201161240_1.thumb.jpg.1eb9f19d99d0e0c513c3db8afd0e41df.jpg

I am about 6 meters up and it sure can jump.

20201201162122_1.thumb.jpg.83025511a5393f4abad5972bbfd3db81.jpg

Snow ball replacement with molotov audio as it shares this feature.

20201201161927_1.thumb.jpg.a26a83151d502c740c45e7cb6a5c1838.jpg

20201201162003_1.thumb.jpg.efc8b75e250e9aaa91eaabb6fad0df51.jpg

All is the same beyond scale and replacements away from the custom content.

20201201161440_1.thumb.jpg.7a8e1f445adc104a83698949bbba7385.jpg

Does this still work?  I was going to add the other day until I found it saying client download required and with us also being only server sided we can’t use the client version 

Some of the weapons still don't accept scopes correctly, like Savery for example, the models don't sit on the weapon, if you add a rod dot for example that wont take but if you add a scope you model is missing.  Were just at the point of looking to introduce but thought I'd mentioned before we go fixing them all up in case it would something you would be reviewing at some point.

1 hour ago, 7daystofly said:

Does this still work?  I was going to add the other day until I found it saying client download required and with us also being only server sided we can’t use the client version 

Ooo, this version goes way back to the end of A18 or close to that. I really haven't tested it since this version was added as an attachment and am surprised you found it. This was when we could add attachments directly into the forum. It's well worth testing and is server side only so clients don't need it as it contains no custom content.

10 minutes ago, RAGE PVE said:

Some of the weapons still don't accept scopes correctly, like Savery for example, the models don't sit on the weapon, if you add a rod dot for example that wont take but if you add a scope you model is missing.  Were just at the point of looking to introduce but thought I'd mentioned before we go fixing them all up in case it would something you would be reviewing at some point.

Feel free to fix them up through their item modifiers, prefab attachments, or any other means. All the best with it as it can get tricky.

I am updating my server right now to the most current release of the Snufkins mod and I am encountering this error while uploading. 

FTP server returned invalid response 'The system cannot find the file specified.'.
Copying files to remote side failed.
entitygroups_lite_no_horde_night_version (rename to entitygroups and place in Config to reduce spawning).xml: Could not find a part of the path '/131.226.218.20_26900/Mods/Snufkin-Custom-Zombies-Plus-A20-2022August16-main/SnufkinCustomZombiesPLUS_A20_2022August16/Server Admin Spawning Options/entitygroups_lite_no_horde_night_version (rename to entitygroups and place in Config to reduce spawning).xml'.

I have checked the Entitygroups config file and cant find reference to this line item. Maybe I am just being an idiot and am missing something simple.  I would appreciate any insight you can provide on how to resolve this issue.

29 minutes ago, bowiesenpai said:

I am updating my server right now to the most current release of the Snufkins mod and I am encountering this error while uploading. 

FTP server returned invalid response 'The system cannot find the file specified.'.
Copying files to remote side failed.
entitygroups_lite_no_horde_night_version (rename to entitygroups and place in Config to reduce spawning).xml: Could not find a part of the path '/131.226.218.20_26900/Mods/Snufkin-Custom-Zombies-Plus-A20-2022August16-main/SnufkinCustomZombiesPLUS_A20_2022August16/Server Admin Spawning Options/entitygroups_lite_no_horde_night_version (rename to entitygroups and place in Config to reduce spawning).xml'.

I have checked the Entitygroups config file and cant find reference to this line item. Maybe I am just being an idiot and am missing something simple.  I would appreciate any insight you can provide on how to resolve this issue.

This is a file in the 'Server Admin Spawning Options' folder that server admin can switchout with the default entitygroups.xml if they want a different style of gameplay. It is possible the name is simply too long depending on the server directories. If you rename it from:

entitygroups_lite_no_horde_night_version (rename to entitygroups and place in Config to reduce spawning).xml

to

entitygroups_lnhnv.xml

it may allow it to upload. Saying that, the whole Server Admin Spawning Options folder can be deleted and disregarded if your server is running the regular default version.

Ooh one more thing.

Snufkin-Custom-Zombies-Plus-A20-2022August16-main/SnufkinCustomZombiesPLUS_A20_2022August16

This looks like a double nested file. The server only needs this folder as the top folder:

SnufkinCustomZombiesPLUS_A20_2022August16 (there has to be a ModInfo file inside the top folder layer or the mod won't load).

The zipped version was added based on a server admin who was having this trouble as Github creates a holding folder when it's download.

1 hour ago, arramus said:

This is a file in the 'Server Admin Spawning Options' folder that server admin can switchout with the default entitygroups.xml if they want a different style of gameplay. It is possible the name is simply too long depending on the server directories. If you rename it from:

entitygroups_lite_no_horde_night_version (rename to entitygroups and place in Config to reduce spawning).xml

to

entitygroups_lnhnv.xml

it may allow it to upload. Saying that, the whole Server Admin Spawning Options folder can be deleted and disregarded if your server is running the regular default version.

Renaming the file seemed to do the trick. Do I need to do anything else after restarting the server to have the new zombies start spawning?

7 hours ago, bowiesenpai said:

Renaming the file seemed to do the trick. Do I need to do anything else after restarting the server to have the new zombies start spawning?

Spawning will be instant and noticeable using the default entitygroups.xml.

Can you confirm that you do not have a folder called 'Snufkin-Custom-Zombies-Plus-A20-2022August16-main' in your server Mods folder?

2 hours ago, arramus said:

Spawning will be instant and noticeable using the default entitygroups.xml.

Can you confirm that you do not have a folder called 'Snufkin-Custom-Zombies-Plus-A20-2022August16-main' in your server Mods folder?

I do have the folder in there. The owner of the server had it there before so I just assumed it needed to go in the same place. 

4 minutes ago, bowiesenpai said:

I do have the folder in there. The owner of the server had it there before so I just assumed it needed to go in the same place.  Do the files have to go in Data/Config and overwrite the existing files?

9 minutes ago, bowiesenpai said:

I do have the folder in there. The owner of the server had it there before so I just assumed it needed to go in the same place. 

To successfully launch the Snufkins, the installation looks like this for the current release:

Mods folder with SnufkinCustomZombiesPLUS_A20_2022Aug16 folder inside.

top.jpg.3945d6a90efa5542cfa44b94770a96eb.jpg

Inside SnufkinCustomZombiesPLUS_A20_2022Aug16 folder.

Notice the ModInfo file that the game will be looking for as it attempts to load the mods.

inside.png.e31709b21082eeb9a47d6ccabf63aea2.png

4 minutes ago, arramus said:

To successfully launch the Snufkins, the installation looks like this for the current release:

Mods folder with SnufkinCustomZombiesPLUS_A20_2022Aug16 folder inside.

top.jpg.3945d6a90efa5542cfa44b94770a96eb.jpg

Inside SnufkinCustomZombiesPLUS_A20_2022Aug16 folder.

Notice the ModInfo file that the game will be looking for as it attempts to load the mods.

inside.png.e31709b21082eeb9a47d6ccabf63aea2.png

Ok that is in place but I have yet to encounter any of the new Zombies in game. I apologize now I am trying to help my friend who is traveling and am still very new to this.

Edited by bowiesenpai (see edit history)

On 8/30/2022 at 4:29 AM, arramus said:

Two choices:

1. Wear speaker mod hat in Snufkin Custom Weapons Xpansion mod. It stops this effect.

2. Delete buffs.xml Lines 287 - 301 for Banshee. The Mantis distortion is Lines 131 - 136.

Thats really helpful that mate by the way!! 

LizzieToday at 17:15

Zombie spawns : perfect quantity, 1 golden Jug popped and good amount of boss zombies. Lag : went from 75 FPS to 5FPS golden jug triggered a lag spike for most of us; not sure how the server FPS was this was around the 1am server time Difficulty: better then last time had a golden Jug which triggered a massive wave of zombies to spawn (at least thats how I saw it) Suggestions Please do something about the Archon fire debuff. I dont mind having the debuff but when it hits you all you see is fire everywhere so maybe lower it a bit to where its balanced and you can see whats around you while still having the debuff until you drink water

This was some feedback, we have managed to populate the BM with more of your pack now and its working out nicely as we can see....I did in the end remove the two buffs to mantis and banshee but actually if you could kindly educate me on how to reduce the impacts by say 50% then I'd like to reintroduce the buffs given off and then also sort out the fire take over from the Archon perhaps?

Lag wise....100% as soon as we hit the max zombies of 80 if those zombies are near the players the fps drops, but if its like 70 odd seems fine, the golden jug seems to just instantly attract loads of zombies which is briliiant, (is that normal?) but I wish we could figure out a higher max before it throttles the server

Here a recording of the above feedback, brilliant stuff but we can see when it hits max zombies the lag sucks and people drop to 5-10 fps they say, here LUA is on a high end machine and still suffers, not as much as normal rigs though

36:40 - do you know what buff this is or have a list of the most disruptive buffs at all, the ones that take over pretty much?  When there is lag + that its just abit much to manage sometimes.
Edited by RAGE PVE (see edit history)

@RAGE PVE

how to reduce the impacts by say 50% then I'd like to reintroduce the buffs given off and then also sort out the fire take over from the Archon perhaps?

1. Reducing the impact of the distortions.

In the same areas where it was suggested to remove the buffs, add them back and edit the intensity="#" value for Lines that govern ModifyScreenEffect for onSelfBuffStart. Where the mantis uses intensity="1" for Distortion, this change be changed to intensity="0.5" for that 50% reduction in impact.

2. The Archon fire buff is a TFP default. As such, it would require making a new buff to replace it as other areas of the game are governed by the same buff.
As with your plan for the Mantis, consider reducing the chance of the Archon causing that damage with every impact for both melee and projectile.

Look in the items.xml and search for meleeHandArchon and ammoProjectileArchon.

Consider changing this effect in both from 90% chance:

<passive_effect name="BuffProcChance" operation="base_set" value="0.90" tags="buffBurningZombie"/>

to 33% chance:

<passive_effect name="BuffProcChance" operation="base_set" value="0.33" tags="buffBurningZombie"/>

This will give players a better chance to retaliate or take cover if the initial hit does not cause them to burn. Making a new buff for the effect of burning but not having the visual impact is governed in the default buffs.xml and begins in 'buffBurningZombie' which in turns connects with 'buffIsOnFire' which adds that burning particle around the entity. A copy/paste without a different particle or removing the particle is possible, but then that should still hook up with buffExtinguishFire to remove the burning feeling. I am not going to give detailed instructions because this was created by Snufkin and I don't want to cause any offense beyond explaining how to reduce the probability of being burned as above.

Lag wise....100% as soon as we hit the max zombies of 80 if those zombies are near the players the fps drops, but if its like 70 odd seems fine, the golden jug seems to just instantly attract loads of zombies which is briliiant, (is that normal?) but I wish we could figure out a higher max before it throttles the server

3. I do not believe this is a hardware issue. I have been this occur on some of the most powerful stand alone dedicated server rigs that had the whole box to themselves. This appears to be a software issue connected to the Unity Game Engine, netcoding, or general processing for 7D2D. Once a data threshold is reached, the bottleneck becomes a block and there is a data traffic jam. Things start to get sluggish until the processes catch up or the load is eased. Finding that max is a complex balancing act depending on number of players/entities at any one time, server configuration and mod configuration files, location of players (all at one base or many smaller base) since this can call processes in multiple regions across the world. The general consensus is to always have that little bit of redundancy to allow for those periodic peaks. From what I've seen, players bail quicker during poor performance than when it's less than chaotic intensity but still steaming smoothly. FPS is linked to server side struggles rather than client side during these moments.

36:40 - do you know what buff this is or have a list of the most disruptive buffs at all, the ones that take over pretty much?  When there is lag + that its just abit much to manage sometimes.

4. This appears to be Radiation from the banshee. This is combined with Blur and Drunk. These can all have intensity reduced until you find that sweet spot.

And having a batch of entities appear along with the Golden Juggernaut should be purely coincidental. Entities are spawned in waves of groups rather than individually. It just so happened that Goldie spawned within that group and if they spawned close to each other, it would give the impression of a zombie squad/platoon depending on spawn counts per player.