Snufkin's Custom Server Side Zombies - PLUS (A20)

arramus

@Nerhesi On second thought, it will be required to add the 5 to exactly the same format as the original file as the default files will remove them in the next Game Stage it applies and delete your original setting. Snufkin counteracted that by adding them all in the same sequence as default vanilla settings. Tiresome for sure but using Notepad++ allows you to make a batch change to large chunks of the Horde Night text in one instance which can reduce amendments to 7 individual edits using the 'Find what' > 'Replace with' > Replace All feature. Needing to change them all is one BIG reason it hasn't been feasible to make a single or per zombie version of this mod due to the clerical nightmare.

Hi Arramus,

Thank you for your help. So my understanding is that:

A) I will start off by using 'entitygroups_only_horde_night_version (rename to entitygroups and place on Config)

B) I will then change every-line to <append xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='feralHordeStageGSXXX']"><entity name="zombieCowhead" prob="0.1"/><entity name="ZombieBomber" prob="0.1"/><entity name="zombieScarecrow" prob="0.1"/><entity name="zombieMotorhead" prob="0.1"/><entity name="zombieScorcher" prob="0.15"/></append>

C) Where XXX will be the increasing game stages

Is that correct?

And if so, I have a general question, the game stages seem to be increasing at odd amounts... is that fine that it's not a line entry every single GS value? (e.g. 100,101,102,103, etc)... what happens when the game stage falls between any two of specifically identified ones in the entity groups file?

Or, how about:

<insertAfter xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[ starts-with(@name, 'feralHordeStageGS')]/entity[@name='zombieMoeRadiated']">
<entity name="zombieCowhead" prob="0.03"/>

<entity name="ZombieBomber" prob="0.03"/>

<entity name="zombieScarecrow" prob="0.03"/>

<entity name="zombieMotorhead" prob="0.03"/>

<entity name="zombieScorcher" prob="0.03"/>
</insertAfter>

<insertAfter xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[ starts-with(@name, 'feralHordeStageGS')]/entity[@name='zombieBoeRadiated']">

</insertAfter>

Would that not apply the additional zombies spawning to all bloodmoon hordes Gamestages with a ZombieMoe(or Boe)Radiated?

Thanks again for the help :)

Edited by Nerhesi (see edit history)

45 minutes ago, Nerhesi said:

Hi Arramus,

Thank you for your help. So my understanding is that:

A) I will start off by using 'entitygroups_only_horde_night_version (rename to entitygroups and place on Config)

B) I will then change every-line to <append xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='feralHordeStageGSXXX']"><entity name="zombieCowhead" prob="0.1"/><entity name="ZombieBomber" prob="0.1"/><entity name="zombieScarecrow" prob="0.1"/><entity name="zombieMotorhead" prob="0.1"/><entity name="zombieScorcher" prob="0.15"/></append>

C) Where XXX will be the increasing game stages

Is that correct?

And if so, I have a general question, the game stages seem to be increasing at odd amounts... is that fine that it's not a line entry every single GS value? (e.g. 100,101,102,103, etc)... what happens when the game stage falls between any two of specifically identified ones in the entity groups file?

The Game Stages increase in increments rather than 1 by 1 units by default in the vanilla files and this is fine.

There are some differences between the default and Snufkins these days. Either intentional from the beginning or caused by updates.

Based on these 5 boss zombies, I recommend:

GS1 to GS247 are all prob="0.1" (but the zombieScorcher and zombieMotorhead at .05 because one is a flame beast and the other a block destroyer and can be invasive)
GS255 to GS672 are
all prob="0.15"(but the zombieScorcher and zombieMotorhead are at 0.1)

GS683 to GS1206 are all prob="0.37" (but the zombieScorcher and zombieMotorhead are at 0.175)
GS1218 to GS1768 are all prob="0.41" (but the zombieScorcher and zombieMotorhead are at 0.2)
GS1782 to GS2391 are all prob="0.45" (but the zombieScorcher and zombieMotorhead are at 0.23)

GS2407 to GS3136 are all prob="0.62" (but the zombieScorcher and zombieMotorhead are at 0.27)

GS3153 to GS4086 are all prob="0.7" (but the zombieScorcher and zombieMotorhead are at 0.3)

This is because -

Scarecrow is a pretty gentle battle
Cowhead can be beastly head on but pretty gentle behind a defense
Bomber is all show and doesn't have the Demolisher kind of power

Motorhead has high block damage and can strip a base pretty well and from lower GS bases may not quite be ready for it

Scorcher is incredibly invasive from pretty long range and if it keeps spawning too often will become tiresome as it's health lowering potential is fast and health packs can't keep up with a stream of them.

3 minutes ago, Nerhesi said:

Or, how about:

<insertAfter xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[ starts-with(@name, 'feralHordeStageGS')]/entity[@name='zombieMoeRadiated']">

</insertAfter>

Would that not apply the additional zombies spawning to all bloodmoon hordes Gamestages with a ZombieMoeRadiated?

Thanks again for the help :)

This method is also fine and was a feature used in the earlier version of the enZombies. However, 0.03 will see diminishing returns as GS increases.

Simple zombies have a probability of 100% chance, feral will come in at 0.26 from GS44 and get to 0.7 at peak. And as more entities become included such as Radiated, the Snufkin Zombies will slip further down the probability list and the higher and stronger you get, the less you will see them.

It looks like entities added in earlier Game Stages will be cached and not be changed unless they are changed in a later Game Stage based on how the default entitygroups.xml is laid out. The latter Games Stages will just amend previous settings if they are 'repeating' and not remove any. Game Stages will typically build on what came before and amend what came before should it need higher probability.

arramus I'm mentioning this again because looking back I noticed The Fun Pimps have already done a system very similar to the idea of enemy weak-spots in the form of blowing off limbs and heads as well as the detonator on the demolisher being a separate entity so it can be shot to set him off. However the only severe effect limb destruction has is reducing zombies to crawlers by blowing their legs off. but since TFP have done this all they need to do is expand on this and add at least 1 boss type entity to the vanilla game that mods like this one can expand on. Actually thinking about it I'm hoping that new gasser zombie they recently started showing off can have his green bubbles that look like giant pus pockets be destroyed by shooting them to eradicate his gas cloud, if they at least do that then that should be enough to make different weak-spots on the snufkin's zombies.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, AndrewT said:

I dont know if it'll work or not but I was thinking of giving the scorcher and motorhead the drone shutdown death so the two zombies explode when killed since they have flamethrowers and engines on them. What do u think

It would be interesting to see how they responded to that kind of shutdown death. In the early days of the mod some players found the explosion debris to cause block issues as they could penetrate a wall and cause players to get trapped. That's a big reason debris was removed from the Juggernaut rockets. It was left with the bomber as it was much rarer since the self detonate feature is very buggy and doesn't occur so often.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/12/2021 at 3:16 AM, AndrewT said:

arramus if yall ever update this mod again hopefully soon I have a idea for a new quest you guys may find interesting. let me know if your interested and ill reply with the details.

Since White River - Tools of Citizenship that @ShoudenKalferas has kept very up to date and continues to build on, has been incorporating Snufkin Zombies into the quests, it was considered proper to let this continue without adding anything to this mod beyond Snufkin's original Juggernaut quest. For example, the use of the Juggernaut and Wendigo to receive some awesome rewards through sophisticated multilayered quests is far and beyond. They can be very challenging and nicely follow player gamestage/level. I hope this quest mod continues to add further zombies into the story line as every server that I play on that runs both the Snufkin Zombies and the White River quests has been a very positive experience.

5 hours ago, arramus said:

Since White River - Tools of Citizenship that @ShoudenKalferas has kept very up to date and continues to build on, has been incorporating Snufkin Zombies into the quests, it was considered proper to let this continue without adding anything to this mod beyond Snufkin's original Juggernaut quest. For example, the use of the Juggernaut and Wendigo to receive some awesome rewards through sophisticated multilayered quests is far and beyond. They can be very challenging and nicely follow player gamestage/level. I hope this quest mod continues to add further zombies into the story line as every server that I play on that runs both the Snufkin Zombies and the White River quests has been a very positive experience.

well that is good news and everything i saw in that mod looks really cool so when it gets updated for A20 i might consider checking it out.

When I change to the enclosed feral hordes only, I get the following error.

2021-09-17T09:03:30 59.998 ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing 'spawning.xml' failed
2021-09-17T09:03:30 59.998 EXC Entity group 'ZombiesPineForest' not existing!
Exception: Entity group 'ZombiesPineForest' not existing!
  at BiomeSpawningFromXml+<Load>d__0.MoveNext () [0x0021b] in <4b1a8c809f0943a384283687c21422f8>:0
  at ThreadManager+<CoroutineWrapperWithExceptionCallback>d__40.MoveNext () [0x00044] in <4b1a8c809f0943a384283687c21422f8>:0

47 minutes ago, susumu0607 said:

When I change to the enclosed feral hordes only, I get the following error.

2021-09-17T09:03:30 59.998 ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing 'spawning.xml' failed
2021-09-17T09:03:30 59.998 EXC Entity group 'ZombiesPineForest' not existing!
Exception: Entity group 'ZombiesPineForest' not existing!
  at BiomeSpawningFromXml+<Load>d__0.MoveNext () [0x0021b] in <4b1a8c809f0943a384283687c21422f8>:0
  at ThreadManager+<CoroutineWrapperWithExceptionCallback>d__40.MoveNext () [0x00044] in <4b1a8c809f0943a384283687c21422f8>:0

Let me check if I understand.

Did you change your entitygroups.xml to the 'only_horde_night_version'?

The spawning.xml file is not loading and this contains instructions for adding spawn instructions for the Forest, Desert, and Wasteland biomes. Are you running any other mods which also change spawning.xml?

55 minutes ago, susumu0607 said:

Place entitygroups_only_horde_night_version (rename to entitygroups and place on Config).xml in the folder "Server Admin Spawning Options" in your config and Is it not possible to rename it to entitygroups?

Rename entitygroups_only_horde_night_version.xml to entitygroups.xml and overwrite the original (after you make a back up). This should allow your server to only have the Snufkin Zombies for Blood Moon and not in regular gameplay.

There is no custom entitygroup for ZombiesPineForest, ZombiesPineForestNight, ZombiesDesertNight, or ZombiesWastelandNightHard any more because they were removed for the entitygroups_only_horde_night_version.xml. This error should not be a problem for the server.

If you don't want to receive the 'Loading and parsing 'spawning.xml' failed' error, you can delete the spawning.xml file because you don't need it any more. The spawning.xml file is for regular Snufkin Zombie gameplay and not for Blood Moon Horde Night game play.

If you don't want the error message and don't want to delete the spawning.xml file, then you will need change all of the Snufkin Zombies probabilities to 'prob="0"/>' so they don't spawn in regular game play.

Edited by arramus (see edit history)

A small update to the Snufkin Custom Zombies PLUS collective.

https://github.com/arramus/SnufkinCustomZombiesPLUS-A19-2021Sept20

Here is Snow Bear. While Snow Bear has a higher probability to roam the snow biome, there will be sightings elsewhere. Snow Bear has also been know to venture into the desert at night.

20210919235440_1.thumb.jpg.0a83822d61abde2d118389e6aa6102d3.jpg

It's attack damage is a little less than a regular bear but it's HP is higher and this will give the player a fighting chance. It will also cause a little disorientation with a slight screen freeze effect when struck. This will wear off when the attacks cease. The Snow Bear carries a cat fish and wears some 'cool' shades (a visor type feature).

In addition, each Snufkin character has localization so that servers running the Health Bar type mod that shows the entities health and name will see something like 'Snow Bear' as opposed to the name in the xml 'zombieSnowBear'.

The readme received a small update for server admin that only use the Horde Night version of the entitygroups.xml. It explains that you will see a server console error about the spawning.xml file not loading. This is because there are no longer any groups for regular non horde night game play in the entitygroups.xml anymore. This will not cause any issues to the server. In fact, you can remove the spawning.xml file as it is not needed.

20210920014410_1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a small update to the Snufkin Custom Zombies PLUS mod.

https://github.com/arramus/arramus-SnufkinCustomZombiesPLUS-A19-2021Oct02

A new entity 'Pogo' joins the collection.

20211002165604_1.thumb.jpg.3bbc6277ba19a5e8845585dafecd085f.jpg

He will be easy to spot from a distance as his Mining Hat light is active.

20211002165625_1.thumb.jpg.ea04ed9b0a22e1e6c22db90ea1f30425.jpg

He has no extra special buffs that can be inflicted on a player, is pretty ordinary when it comes to speed, but give him a chance and he will leap like an Olympic champion.

20211002165830_1.thumb.jpg.882bfe77e7311a4267a6b70a4b5eaa09.jpg

There appears to remain a demand for new entity types and 'Pogo' is one more for the collective. He will spawn in all Biomes with a slight increase in the Snow Biome.

Here is a small update for the Snufkin Custom Zombies PLUS Mod.

https://github.com/arramus/SnufkinCustomZombiesPLUS_A19_2021Oct07

It adds a new character called 'Oni' (Mythological Beast) and comes in Red and Blue to reflect popular types.

It wields a Tier 3 Steel Club and shares the same melee and block damage as the Demolisher. The Oni is primarily there to bash down your door.

20211007224558_1.thumb.jpg.89fddb2c533b244825ea5af7aae5c539.jpg

20211007224452_1.thumb.jpg.45ce554cac9a816c1465d605502d530e.jpg

Edited by arramus (see edit history)

Here is a small update to add a new character to the Snufkin Zombies PLUS pack.

https://github.com/arramus/SnufkinCustomZombiesPLUS-A19-2021Oct21

The 'Navezgane Slasher' joins the group as an archetype character that is made in a similar way to a player character. He carries 3 machetes on his right iron glove. 1 of the machetes is fixed in place as a regular model attachment, while the other 2 machetes are attached using a particle effect process (modelled on Snufkin's attachment process for the Bone Shank). This gives an animated effect when the Slasher moves his arm. His Buff is identical to the Parasite since their attack style is blood-letting.

Sleep well...

20211021035457_1.thumb.jpg.e420e783407ddb7975545a711d8a3a0d.jpg

15 hours ago, arramus said:

Here is a small update to add a new character to the Snufkin Zombies PLUS pack.

https://github.com/arramus/SnufkinCustomZombiesPLUS-A19-2021Oct21

The 'Navezgane Slasher' joins the group as an archetype character that is made in a similar way to a player character. He carries 3 machetes on his right iron glove. 1 of the machetes is fixed in place as a regular model attachment, while the other 2 machetes are attached using a particle effect process (modelled on Snufkin's attachment process for the Bone Shank). This gives an animated effect when the Slasher moves his arm. His Buff is identical to the Parasite since their attack style is blood-letting.

Sleep well...

20211021035457_1.thumb.jpg.e420e783407ddb7975545a711d8a3a0d.jpg

arramus first off i know i was quiet for a long time my life has gone to @%$# for the 80th time in 2021 but I remember a fictional creature created by Trevor Henderson called "big charlie" now obviously its gotta be a parody for copyright reasons but in one version of the story the giant cow chicken hybrid was aggressive with completly bullet proof skin with the only way to hurt it being running into it with a large vehicle or possibly even shooting it in the huge eyes hoping the bullet will penetrate and hit the brain. I had this idea for a parody of the monster for a long time as it would make an interesting boss fight now as I said we need a parody name for copyright reasons but Im sure yall can make up some decent names. let me know if you find this idea interesting and throw whatever questions u have at me.

15 hours ago, AndrewT said:

arramus first off i know i was quiet for a long time my life has gone to @%$# for the 80th time in 2021 but I remember a fictional creature created by Trevor Henderson called "big charlie" now obviously its gotta be a parody for copyright reasons but in one version of the story the giant cow chicken hybrid was aggressive with completly bullet proof skin with the only way to hurt it being running into it with a large vehicle or possibly even shooting it in the huge eyes hoping the bullet will penetrate and hit the brain. I had this idea for a parody of the monster for a long time as it would make an interesting boss fight now as I said we need a parody name for copyright reasons but Im sure yall can make up some decent names. let me know if you find this idea interesting and throw whatever questions u have at me.

Big Charlie

Let's consider what would be possible.

- Completely bullet proof. It could certainly take the trait of the Demolisher or Soldiers which causes HP ammo to be relatively useless. Other hit boxes are coded to the models and that would probably be a limiting factor to offering further bullet proofing.

- A Moose type entity (similar to what stallionsden added to his animal fix mod) with the chicken model attached to the head area is as close as it would get to give those bovine looking long limbs and a birdy head. I believe the chicken model may look like the dead bird in its passive state.

This YouTube suggests Big Charlie is a mutated deer with gigantism.

11 hours ago, arramus said:

Big Charlie

Let's consider what would be possible.

- Completely bullet proof. It could certainly take the trait of the Demolisher or Soldiers which causes HP ammo to be relatively useless. Other hit boxes are coded to the models and that would probably be a limiting factor to offering further bullet proofing.

- A Moose type entity (similar to what stallionsden added to his animal fix mod) with the chicken model attached to the head area is as close as it would get to give those bovine looking long limbs and a birdy head. I believe the chicken model may look like the dead bird in its passive state.

This YouTube suggests Big Charlie is a mutated deer with gigantism.

oh yeah thats the version i was talking about. sorry my memory has gone down the @%$#ter moms got cancer and her treatment while its effective is painful at the same time so the last 4 months have been incredibly stressful. I hope i dont have any brain damage from all the stress but soon ill be talking to my doctor about getting my brain checked out with scans to confirm if my worries are true or not... I hope their not true as the brain function difficulties are affecting my gaming abilities as well. moms doing alright by the way.