Snufkin's Custom Server Side Zombies - PLUS (A20)

arramus

58 minutes ago, arramus said:

Sometimes I use just Snufkin and Robelotos together, and sometimes I use the enZombies plus the patches for Snufkin and Robelotos (although I remove robot1 from the enZombies patch because it no longer exists ;) )

It seems the red text, probably an NRE is possibly linked to a certain kind of car 'sedan' as we could check this issue after the enZombies were added inside buildings. It only happened in certain buildings and with that certain vehicle. It is a known issue with the TFP developers.

Interesting...I would love to try this out in my multiplayer server, I did try adding snufkin and robeloto with the enzombies and patch for each but I was getting spawn errors, probably because it wasn't a new game on an existing world. Adding all zombies packs would be a fantastic experience, already using snufkins and enzombies and it makes a challenging world indeed.

11 hours ago, DefiantDucky said:

Interesting...I would love to try this out in my multiplayer server, I did try adding snufkin and robeloto with the enzombies and patch for each but I was getting spawn errors, probably because it wasn't a new game on an existing world. Adding all zombies packs would be a fantastic experience, already using snufkins and enzombies and it makes a challenging world indeed.

The enZombies are updated quite regularly and spawn errors may just be from an out of date file.

Running the enZombies with Snufkins and Robelotos has been a lot of fun and very stable for the most part. It's the servers with 16+ players during a BM which sometimes see issues.

Luckily, entity mods like this are very dynamic and don't need a new World because they just disappear once the mod is removed, unlike items mods like weapons. Ya, feel free to bring them in and out of an existing World. I have done that a lot and not experienced any issues from that.

On 3/7/2022 at 2:41 PM, arramus said:

Deleting unwanted zombies from the entitygroups does not effect the overall spawnrates.

Overall spawnrates are governed in the default spawning.xml

The default values for the Wasteland are currently:

<biome name="wasteland">
		<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="0.3" time="Day"	entitygroup="ZombiesWasteland" notags="commercial,industrial,downtown" />
		<spawn maxcount="2" respawndelay="0.001" time="Night" entitygroup="ZombiesWastelandNight" notags="commercial,industrial,downtown" />

<spawn maxcount="4" respawndelay="0.033" time="Day" entitygroup="ZombiesWasteland" tags="commercial,industrial" notags="downtown" />
		<spawn maxcount="4" respawndelay="0.002" time="Night" entitygroup="ZombiesWastelandNight" tags="commercial,industrial" notags="downtown" />

<spawn maxcount="4" respawndelay="0.0167" time="Day" entitygroup="ZombiesWastelandDowntown" tags="downtown" />
		<spawn maxcount="4" respawndelay="0.002" time="Night" entitygroup="ZombiesWastelandDowntown" tags="downtown" />

<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="0.3" time="Any" entitygroup="EnemyAnimalsWasteland" spawnDeadChance="0" />
	</biome>

Changing the very first entry for "Day" to match the values for "Night" below it for the maxcount and respawndelay will stop any comments from players that there is low contact with zombies in the Wasteland. Even though the spawn rate and frequency will be high, depending on your server settings it will still be reasonably mild if daytime is set to non feral and less than sprint.

I am not sure,if you mean to change only tne first row or more.

now i changed it to this :

<biome name="wasteland">
        <spawn maxcount="2" respawndelay="0.001" time="Day" entitygroup="ZombiesWasteland" notags="commercial,industrial,downtown" />
        <spawn maxcount="2" respawndelay="0.001" time="Night" entitygroup="ZombiesWastelandNight" notags="commercial,industrial,downtown" />

<spawn maxcount="4" respawndelay="0.033" time="Day" entitygroup="ZombiesWasteland" tags="commercial,industrial" notags="downtown" />
        <spawn maxcount="4" respawndelay="0.002" time="Night" entitygroup="ZombiesWastelandNight" tags="commercial,industrial" notags="downtown" />

<spawn maxcount="4" respawndelay="0.0167" time="Day" entitygroup="ZombiesWastelandDowntown" tags="downtown" />
        <spawn maxcount="4" respawndelay="0.002" time="Night" entitygroup="ZombiesWastelandDowntown" tags="downtown" />

<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="0.3" time="Any" entitygroup="EnemyAnimalsWasteland" spawnDeadChance="0" />

<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="1" time="Night" entitygroup="ZombiesWastelandNightHard"><!--Element appended by: "Snufkin Custom Zombies PLUS"--></spawn>
    </biome>

but still,they say the wasteland is most empty of z´s -.-

my Server Values are :

MaxSpawnedZombies : 64

MaxSpawnedAnimals : 50

Its a 10 Slot Server,and most Time there are 3-5 Player online,in Case that it matters...

If you have maybe one more Hint for me ?

3 hours ago, mr_renderson said:

I am not sure,if you mean to change only tne first row or more.

now i changed it to this :

<biome name="wasteland">
        <spawn maxcount="2" respawndelay="0.001" time="Day" entitygroup="ZombiesWasteland" notags="commercial,industrial,downtown" />

<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="1" time="Night" entitygroup="ZombiesWastelandNightHard"><!--Element appended by: "Snufkin Custom Zombies PLUS"--></spawn>
    </biome>

but still,they say the wasteland is most empty of z´s -.-

my Server Values are :

MaxSpawnedZombies : 64

MaxSpawnedAnimals : 50

Its a 10 Slot Server,and most Time there are 3-5 Player online,in Case that it matters...

If you have maybe one more Hint for me ?

Try this edit. Tell them to go into a Wasteland wilderness area a little away from buildings.

<biome name="wasteland">
		<spawn maxcount="4" respawndelay="0.001" time="Day"	entitygroup="ZombiesWasteland" notags="commercial,industrial,downtown" />
		<spawn maxcount="5" respawndelay="0.001" time="Night" entitygroup="ZombiesWastelandNight" notags="commercial,industrial,downtown" />

<spawn maxcount="2" respawndelay="0.001" time="Any" entitygroup="EnemyAnimalsWasteland" spawnDeadChance="0" />
	</biome>

And if that still does not meet with their needs, install this mod and tell them to place 8 Screamer Beacons in the Wilderness at night.

They will come knocking at your base door screaming for help.

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/1311

9 hours ago, arramus said:

The enZombies are updated quite regularly and spawn errors may just be from an out of date file.

Running the enZombies with Snufkins and Robelotos has been a lot of fun and very stable for the most part. It's the servers with 16+ players during a BM which sometimes see issues.

Luckily, entity mods like this are very dynamic and don't need a new World because they just disappear once the mod is removed, unlike items mods like weapons. Ya, feel free to bring them in and out of an existing World. I have done that a lot and not experienced any issues from that.

My apologies I meant on the server log, It did not like the spawn_entities...I can ask which specific files have you used? Snufkin zombies+zip, robelotos.zip, enzombies main.zip, snufkin patch, robelotos patch..was this correct for you? If there's a possibility of merging the blood moon and spawn script that would be great. We just fixed our servers latency issues and would love to not have that much added.

My apologies I meant on the server log, It did not like the spawn_entities...I can ask which specific files have you used? Snufkin zombies+zip, robelotos.zip, enzombies main.zip, snufkin patch, robelotos patch..was this correct for you? If there's a possibility of merging the blood moon and spawn script that would be great. We just fixed our servers latency issues and would love to not have that much added. image.thumb.png.677928d9509998ee58cadb357e84c0c1.pngimage.thumb.png.9ad06dc7d1b4b21ca0df39cbf9217a2f.png

My apologies I meant on the server log, It did not like the spawn_entities...I can ask which specific files have you used? Snufkin zombies+zip, robelotos.zip, enzombies main.zip, snufkin patch, robelotos patch..was this correct for you? If there's a possibility of merging the blood moon and spawn script that would be great. We just fixed our servers latency issues and would love to not have that much added. image.thumb.png.677928d9509998ee58cadb357e84c0c1.pngimage.thumb.png.9ad06dc7d1b4b21ca0df39cbf9217a2f.png

image.png

I installed:
enZombies
Snufkin Zombies + enZombies Snufkin Patch
Robeloto's Zombies + enZomboes Robeloto's Patch (Robot1 removed from the entitygroups though as it no longer exists)

There is a spawning.xml critical parsing warning in the images. This often means part of the code is not going to load and be used.

Hi arramus :)

sooo .... it kinda works,but what you mean with in the fields is only one spot one the map (Pregen 8K), with no surrounding citys or Poi´s.

there its going hot very quick,with up to 8 z´s in one chunk ^^

But still zero or sometimes one zombie in the wasteland cities or near -.-

i wonder,if this line is something,because you didnt copy it in your last posting with the new values :

should i edit this one too,or cut it out ?

Or is there more to edit,for the wasteland cities maybe?

thanks for your time :)

41 minutes ago, mr_renderson said:

Hi arramus :)

sooo .... it kinda works,but what you mean with in the fields is only one spot one the map (Pregen 8K), with no surrounding citys or Poi´s.

there its going hot very quick,with up to 8 z´s in one chunk ^^

But still zero or sometimes one zombie in the wasteland cities or near -.-

i wonder,if this line is something,because you didnt copy it in your last posting with the new values :

should i edit this one too,or cut it out ?

Or is there more to edit,for the wasteland cities maybe?

thanks for your time :)

This line is specifically for the Snufkin Zombies and is in addition to the default ones. It only suggests the Biome with no tag reference to the city or suburb tiles within that Biome as with a few others in the default list. It contains the Juggernaut and is a special feature and it may be best to keep those counts as they are. ^^

I don't know how many players are on the server but is it possible it is reaching max zombie counts and is locking others from spawning?

The city centers are already set to see a high (constant) amount of zombies and just outside the city centers will also be quite high. More so at night.

This was a new feature added by the Devs for A20 and I don't touch that in case players want to be able to complete quests without being overwhelmed by additional spawns flooding into the POI; especially in the Wasteland. I believe there was also a link to POI zombies where it would reduce those being spawned in the wild when quest zombies would spawn and wake up. I can't be sure if that is still connected or became independent.

7 hours ago, arramus said:

I installed:
enZombies
Robeloto's Zombies + enZomboes Robeloto's Patch (Robot1 removed from the entitygroups though as it no longer exists)

There is a spawning.xml critical parsing warning in the images. This often means part of the code is not going to load and be used.

eh...arramus..or the evil Snufkin i want to know who the rellay you are and....LOOK i uesed those mods too

there is a problem

Do you think this is nothing or....i don't know ..they are too many...

1.png

Edited by dujinyuan (see edit history)

1 hour ago, arramus said:

This line is specifically for the Snufkin Zombies and is in addition to the default ones. It only suggests the Biome with no tag reference to the city or suburb tiles within that Biome as with a few others in the default list. It contains the Juggernaut and is a special feature and it may be best to keep those counts as they are. ^^

I don't know how many players are on the server but is it possible it is reaching max zombie counts and is locking others from spawning?

The city centers are already set to see a high (constant) amount of zombies and just outside the city centers will also be quite high. More so at night.

This was a new feature added by the Devs for A20 and I don't touch that in case players want to be able to complete quests without being overwhelmed by additional spawns flooding into the POI; especially in the Wasteland. I believe there was also a link to POI zombies where it would reduce those being spawned in the wild when quest zombies would spawn and wake up. I can't be sure if that is still connected or became independent.

i did the KillAll for testing too, and it was empty with only me and one player online. (so no max.cap)

Like i said,in the very outer Fields,there are a lot now :=)

But like zeros in city near...

oke, so i guess its like how a20 works now.🤔

ty so far :=)

1 hour ago, mr_renderson said:

i did the KillAll for testing too, and it was empty with only me and one player online. (so no max.cap)

Like i said,in the very outer Fields,there are a lot now :=)

But like zeros in city near...

oke, so i guess its like how a20 works now.🤔

ty so far :=)

It may just need dropping the outer values a little to keep things more balanced. After doing a fly over in God Mode on a new World it seems that spawning.xml is split into area sizes of about 40-50 blocks square. Did you do a KillAll while in the the city at night to see if it is still registering the existing values? Ya, A20 has certainly split things up.

1 hour ago, dujinyuan said:

eh...arramus..or the evil Snufkin i want to know who the rellay you are and....LOOK i uesed those mods too

there is a problem

Do you think this is nothing or....i don't know ..they are too many...

1.png

These were supposedly fixed in A18 but it could be linked to something new for A20. Players are seeing a lot of these warnings in the NPC Mod and it is possibly linked to the new crawling animation.

On 3/10/2022 at 2:16 AM, arramus said:

I installed:
enZombies

Hello again,

I did some Singleplayer, Multiplayer and Dedicated Server Testing. So the packs work on the client side singleplayer game, there are some spawn errornull's that pop up. However here's the kicker: if anyone else tries to join my game they are bombarded with errors when trying to load in to the point the game needs to be force stopped. Same problem with dedicated servers. Your pack and Enzombies + patch work fine with barely any issues other than errornulls in POI's. Robeloto's combined makes the server and game unplayable. Only single player works. I would personally love an XML version for server side deciated gameplay. Not sure if that's possible. Would be great.

its been a while since i said anything here but i just finished killing a scorcher zombie and I remembered how I said it would be interesting if we can destroy its flamethrowers similar to the aracnatrons plasma gun in doom eternal although I think it'd be more interesting is u could blow the scorchers two fuel barrels with a shotgun blast (or any gun). I dont know if thats doable but let me know yalls thoughts.

4 hours ago, DefiantDucky said:

Hello again,

I did some Singleplayer, Multiplayer and Dedicated Server Testing. So the packs work on the client side singleplayer game, there are some spawn errornull's that pop up. However here's the kicker: if anyone else tries to join my game they are bombarded with errors when trying to load in to the point the game needs to be force stopped. Same problem with dedicated servers. Your pack and Enzombies + patch work fine with barely any issues other than errornulls in POI's. Robeloto's combined makes the server and game unplayable. Only single player works. I would personally love an XML version for server side deciated gameplay. Not sure if that's possible. Would be great.

I shall set up a standalone dedicated server with enZombies, Snufkins, Robeloto's, and the add on packs from enZombies. I shall remove the Robot1 from the add on pack enZombies for Robeloto as that entity does not exist in the current Robeloto build and see what errors it throws when I join.

41 minutes ago, AndrewT said:

its been a while since i said anything here but i just finished killing a scorcher zombie and I remembered how I said it would be interesting if we can destroy its flamethrowers similar to the aracnatrons plasma gun in doom eternal although I think it'd be more interesting is u could blow the scorchers two fuel barrels with a shotgun blast (or any gun). I dont know if thats doable but let me know yalls thoughts.

A20 Scorcher remains static with the attachments being fixed in place using buffs.

It may be possible to create 2 Scorcher entities; one with the attachments and one without (and also no ability to throw flames with just melee ability). After the first Scorcher is 'killed' it may be able to downgrade to the second type of Scorcher without the flames and attachments. Once that one is killed, XP would be granted and Scorcher would be no more. 7D2D has the downgrade block feature as we see for wrenching vehicles and damaging blocks. Good luck to any modders who want to test this. ^^

36 minutes ago, arramus said:

I shall set up a standalone dedicated server with enZombies, Snufkins, Robeloto's, and the add on packs from enZombies. I shall remove the Robot1 from the add on pack enZombies for Robeloto as that entity does not exist in the current Robeloto build and see what errors it throws when I join.

A20 Scorcher remains static with the attachments being fixed in place using buffs.

It may be possible to create 2 Scorcher entities; one with the attachments and one without (and also no ability to throw flames with just melee ability). After the first Scorcher is 'killed' it may be able to downgrade to the second type of Scorcher without the flames and attachments. Once that one is killed, XP would be granted and Scorcher would be no more. 7D2D has the downgrade block feature as we see for wrenching vehicles and damaging blocks. Good luck to any modders who want to test this. ^^

What u said reminds me of several bosses from so many games old and new that have several weaker tiers as u tear them apart like ripping the layers of an onion off one after another, which is what I envisioned with the scorcher as he would have to resort to melee providing he survives the fuel barrels explosion I imagine the explosion would set him ablaze and he could even have a small chance to set players on fire if he lasts long enough.

7 hours ago, DefiantDucky said:

Hello again,

I am testing in a dedicated server. It required a few updates to get it working as follows:

- Remove

zombieRadRobot1

zombieFreezer

zombieMPF

from the Robeloto Zombie Patch because they are not being found. This information should be shared in the enZombies forum area.

Ensure your friend has also installed the Robeloto Mod in their mod folder because it contains some custom resources for sound and effects. That is unless you are using the xml only version.

When having these changes in place and the correct mod folders where necessary, starting and joining a dedicated server has been successful as the images below show.

A mix of enZombies, Robeloto Zombies, and Snufkin Zombies. These were manually spawned in.

20220313152947_1.thumb.jpg.80425de2ca2599bc84d6489de1926b1f.jpg

My client game is showing no errors or warnings once those updates were added and I added the main version of Robeloto's to my client.

20220313152958_1.thumb.jpg.e944f63b1a63ccb73eb4fb6da2ed19da.jpg

I checked the server logs and couldn't find any errors.

Ya, there is an XML only version of the Robeloto's in the download.

On 3/13/2022 at 6:40 AM, arramus said:

I am testing in a dedicated server. It required a few updates to get it working as follows:

- Remove

zombieRadRobot1

zombieFreezer

zombieMPF

from the Robeloto Zombie Patch because they are not being found. This information should be shared in the enZombies forum area.

Ensure your friend has also installed the Robeloto Mod in their mod folder because it contains some custom resources for sound and effects. That is unless you are using the xml only version.

When having these changes in place and the correct mod folders where necessary, starting and joining a dedicated server has been successful as the images below show.

A mix of enZombies, Robeloto Zombies, and Snufkin Zombies. These were manually spawned in.

20220313152947_1.thumb.jpg.80425de2ca2599bc84d6489de1926b1f.jpg

My client game is showing no errors or warnings once those updates were added and I added the main version of Robeloto's to my client.

20220313152958_1.thumb.jpg.e944f63b1a63ccb73eb4fb6da2ed19da.jpg

I checked the server logs and couldn't find any errors.

Ya, there is an XML only version of the Robeloto's in the download.

THIS IS GREAT NEWS! I do apologise extremely for this. But Unfortunately my knowledge and experience within this is greatly limited and I've only pursued this to try and make the server better for the public players who are joining in. Would you be able to provide me a link to the files you are using to make this work? I am so sorry be inconvenient to you

1 hour ago, DefiantDucky said:

THIS IS GREAT NEWS! I do apologise extremely for this. But Unfortunately my knowledge and experience within this is greatly limited and I've only pursued this to try and make the server better for the public players who are joining in. Would you be able to provide me a link to the files you are using to make this work? I am so sorry be inconvenient to you

The files are all posted in this area of the forum:

Robeloto's are kept here. There are a variety of versions and the xml only one is appropriate if your server is server side only.

And the enZombies are also linked in this forum.

The enZombies creator will update the Patch for Robeloto's mod but until then it is necessary to do it manually by changing the name for two and removing one in the Patch entitygroups.xml. You will see the instructions in the enZombies thread.

2 hours ago, arramus said:

The files are all posted in this area of the forum:

Robeloto's are kept here. There are a variety of versions and the xml only one is appropriate if your server is server side only.

And the enZombies are also linked in this forum.

The enZombies creator will update the Patch for Robeloto's mod but until then it is necessary to do it manually by changing the name for two and removing one in the Patch entitygroups.xml. You will see the instructions in the enZombies thread.

So the following files:

Snufkins zombies Plus

Snufkin EN Patch

En Zombies Main

Robeloto's zombies XML Version

Robeloto's EN Patch

Within EN Robeloto Patch in entitygroups.xml Removing: (RadRobot) (RadRobot1) (MPF Zombie) (Zombie freezer)? Also the same for entityclasses.xml?

3 hours ago, DefiantDucky said:

So the following files:

Snufkins zombies Plus

Snufkin EN Patch

En Zombies Main

Robeloto's zombies XML Version

Robeloto's EN Patch

Within EN Robeloto Patch in entitygroups.xml Removing: (RadRobot) (RadRobot1) (MPF Zombie) (Zombie freezer)? Also the same for entityclasses.xml?

Those 5 mods are the files to install in the server. I tested the full version and can't validate if the xml version is bug free but it should be identical apart from the custom assets.

enZombies Robeloto Patch:

zombieFreezer is renamed to zombieCold

zombieRadRobot1 is renamed to zombieRobot

zombieMPF is totally removed because it doesn't exist and there is no mention of it being renamed.

I did not use the entityclasses.xml in the enZombies Patch and it is all commented out so it doesn't get read. If you use it, it will require renames and removals as well.

15 hours ago, arramus said:

Those 5 mods are the files to install in the server. I tested the full version and can't validate if the xml version is bug free but it should be identical apart from the custom assets.

enZombies Robeloto Patch:

zombieFreezer is renamed to zombieCold

zombieRadRobot1 is renamed to zombieRobot

zombieMPF is totally removed because it doesn't exist and there is no mention of it being renamed.

I did not use the entityclasses.xml in the enZombies Patch and it is all commented out so it doesn't get read. If you use it, it will require renames and removals as well.

Thank you so much for this. I have followed your instructions to the letter on the Enzombies board and all three packs work fantastically on the server with no issues, thank you so much! Would this by any chance affect EAC on dedicated servers?

2 hours ago, DefiantDucky said:

Thank you so much for this. I have followed your instructions to the letter on the Enzombies board and all three packs work fantastically on the server with no issues, thank you so much! Would this by any chance affect EAC on dedicated servers?

These server side xml only changes allow the server to continue to run in EAC mode.

I was just installing this mod for me and my son to use and im trying to ONLY use snufkins zombies and EXCLUDE the plus ones from spawning. Honestly I just wanted to remove any of the animals that looked just too odd to be in the game. If someone can provide me with a simple edit of the config file or let me know how to remove the plus variants that would be a huge help. Thanks for all your work guys.