Snufkin's Custom Server Side Zombies - PLUS (A20)

arramus

Here is an update to make the Snufkin Custom Zombies PLUS compatible with A20.

https://github.com/arramus/Snufkin-Custom-Zombies-Plus-A20-2021Dec07

It can be considered an experimental version to understand the dynamics of the new Biome spawn groups and zombie additions/updates, and also to bug check since there were numerous updates as follows:

Generic
1. Zombie_Template mesh removed and updated to "Prefab" value="Z"
2. Cheer leader zombie removed from entitygroups.xml
3. Old Timer removed from entitygroups.xml
4. Stripper zombie renamed to zombiePartyGirl.
5. Farmer removed from entitygroups.xml
6. Renamed Pine Forest for day and night to new naming protocol and removed associated spawning.xml. Will need to watch carefully for rebalancing as they are linked to town and increased spawning potential.
7. Did not add a Wasteland Downtown for Plus Zombies as it may be excessive with default spawning. Will need to access.
8. Removed shark physicsbodies.xml as this entity was experimental from the original Snufkins.
9. Added Boss loot for Banshee and Juggernauts (was regular) and rebalanced overall loot drops.
10. Removed Quest Challenge for the Juggernaut to reflect A20 removals.
11. Updates to Add On entitygroups.xml (Lite, No Horde, etc) to reflect entity and biome changes.

Original Snufkins
1. Archon - No error warnings and appears to behave as usual. Wing attachment needed updating to the best alternative option.
2. Banshee - No error warnings and appears to behave as usual.
3. Bomber - No error warnings and detonation appears to be consistent for A20.
4. Cowhead - Required chainsaw buff changing from particle to prefab as particle has no connected texture. Removes the wavy effect but such is. No error warnings and appears to behave as usual.
5. Geist - No error warnings and appears to behave as usual.
6. Juggernaut - No error warnings and appears to behave as usual. Updates to attachments look consistent.
7. Mantis - No error warnings and appears to behave as usual.
8. Parasite - No error warnings and appears to behave as usual. Attachments are in an updated location but bring more freakiness and can remain for now.
9. Psycho - No error warnings and appears to behave as usual.
10. Scarecrow - No error warnings and appears to behave as usual. Alerted to "Prefab" value="Z" warning and governed by new setting.
11. Scorcher - Required updating to new Demolisher mesh. No error warnings and appears to behave as usual.
12. Siren - Required one speaker prefab buff removing as it has no connected texture. The single remaining prefab speaker remains and faces front. No error warnings and appears to behave as usual.
13. Undertaker - No error warnings and appears to behave as usual.
14. Wendigo - No error warnings and appears to behave as usual.
15. Wrestler - No error warnings and appears to behave as usual.

Plus Add On Snufkins
1. Geist Archer - No error warnings and appears to behave as usual.
2. Golden Juggernaut - No error warnings and appears to behave as usual. Updates to attachments look consistent.
3. Hell Bear - Required updating to new Bear prefab. No error warnings and appears to behave as usual.
4. Hell Boar - Required updating to new Boar prefab. No error warnings and appears to behave as usual.
5. Hell Flyer - No error warnings and appears to behave as usual.
6. Hell Lion - No error warnings and appears to behave as usual.
7. Hell Shocker - No error warnings and appears to behave as usual.
8. Hell Wolf - Required updating to new Wolf prefab. No error warnings and appears to behave as usual.
9. Hisser - No error warnings and appears to behave as usual.
10. Mittens - No error warnings and appears to behave as usual.
11. Mother Clucker - Required updating to new Chicken prefab. No error warnings and appears to behave as usual.
12. Motorhead - Required updating to new Biker mesh. No error warnings and appears to behave as usual.
13. Navezgane Slasher - No error warnings and appears to behave as usual.
14. Oni - No error warnings and appears to behave as usual.
15. Paindeer - No error warnings and appears to behave as usual.
16. Pogo - No error warnings and appears to behave as usual.
17. Shark WFLB - No error warnings and appears to behave as usual. Attachment lazer effect looks Frickin' cool up close.
18. Snow Bear - Required updating to new Bear prefab. No error warnings and appears to behave as usual.
19. Tipsy Pink Squatch - No error warnings and appears to behave as usual.
20. Tipsy Squatch - No error warnings and appears to behave as usual.
21. Wight Radiation Shower - Updated to zombieWightRadiated to allow glow to look more awesome (check out the glowing face in the bowel area). No error warnings and appears to behave as usual.
22. Zombie Dire wolf - Removed zombie wolf texture to reflect update. No error warnings and appears to behave as usual.

20211207170838_1.thumb.jpg.e6f2262078158200aad4219fe5ea46e8.jpg

20211207123052_1.thumb.jpg.690827749849afc280a9c5aa9ff17671.jpg

Feedback for any issues found will be much appreciated during this experimental release.

Edited by arramus (see edit history)

Hey so for a20 after killing siren zombie the game kept making Geiger noises that progressively got louder and louder. I even entered god mode to check if something was invisible and it didn't appear anything was near or even remotely present. Not sure why this is happening. https://gist.github.com/P3rf3ctXZer0/f6c45ae241398db1160e4a19e626ff51 here I included a gist of the log. It is not really helpful as no errors actually stand out.

2 hours ago, P3rf3ctVZer0 said:

Hey so for a20 after killing siren zombie the game kept making Geiger noises that progressively got louder and louder. I even entered god mode to check if something was invisible and it didn't appear anything was near or even remotely present. Not sure why this is happening. https://gist.github.com/P3rf3ctXZer0/f6c45ae241398db1160e4a19e626ff51 here I included a gist of the log. It is not really helpful as no errors actually stand out.

Thank you for reporting. It appears a kill switch isn't functioning or something has changed with that sound file to keep it looping. We had something similar with the fire sound for A19 and will have to investigate further.

3 hours ago, P3rf3ctVZer0 said:

The A20 version has been updated with a temorary workaround that I could test multiple times with multiple Sirens. On each occasion, the Geiger noise stopped. The same download has the updated files.

20211207233732_1.thumb.jpg.1cd59ddf5a22cfd8e686ab9aad2f69be.jpg

The Siren 'radiation' sound now triggers only once at a range of 25 based on AOE. It usually triggers 3 times and progressively gets louder from 35, 25, and 15 blocks. However, when 2 or 3 activated by AOE in succession and triggered the next one, the sound is not finishing and goes into a permanent loop for 35 or 25 block range.
The only way to stop this was to spawn in another Siren and move out of its AOE range and this would typically stop the sound which shows AOE is more effective than the game calling a buff finish prompt. However, it is not appropriate to be listening to that Geiger sound for so long. I shall consult on this with another modder who has a deeper level of understanding and if another method is not possible this may be a long term workaround.

I could test on a dedicated standalone server with a few single regular game play Sirens, 25 Sirens, and then 50 Sirens just for an extreme situation. In all cases, the Geiger counter radiation sound would stop after the Sirens were eliminated.

I hope it can be confirmed as a workaround fix for now. For the future, there may be a way to resolve it. Even if it's not possible, this single Geiger counter sound from 25 blocks on top of the regular Siren announcements from even further away do not take away anything noticeable from the A19 build.

20211208022825_1.thumb.jpg.348a4a6c104054012ec3612c6b22cd5a.jpg

20211208022926_1.thumb.jpg.4c3b941b05484aa3357010cfa5a51935.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

awesome to see the a20 update!

quick question, i noticed the ArchonDeco buff attachment for the archon zombie had to be changed from prefab="Entities/Animals/vulture/vulture" to Entities/Animals/Vulture/animalVultureStandard . i always wondered where these objects are being referenced from? how did you know about this new object called "animalVultureStandard" and which game file did you find it from?

i'm unable to find reference to it from any of the XMLs in the data/config files nor within any of the unity asset bundle files in data/bundles folder.

2 hours ago, ErrorNull said:

awesome to see the a20 update!

quick question, i noticed the ArchonDeco buff attachment for the archon zombie had to be changed from prefab="Entities/Animals/vulture/vulture" to Entities/Animals/Vulture/animalVultureStandard . i always wondered where these objects are being referenced from? how did you know about this new object called "animalVultureStandard" and which game file did you find it from?

i'm unable to find reference to it from any of the XMLs in the data/config files nor within any of the unity asset bundle files in data/bundles folder.

This was an Oakraven find for A19 and is applied to the Hell zombies. I used the same, as the alternative update would fall off and behave like an entity rather than a model attachment. Oakraven may well have access to a deeper level of code beyond the xml or unpacked asset bundles. I have not asked about the methods he uses to find additional assets or get such precise pathways. I hope you'll consider joining the Guppy's Unofficial 7DtD Modding Server where such discussions and requests are typically given greater assistance. A number of modders share findings from the code and they do also discuss their methods.

38 minutes ago, arramus said:

This was an Oakraven find for A19 and is applied to the Hell zombies. I used the same, as the alternative update would fall off and behave like an entity rather than a model attachment. Oakraven may well have access to a deeper level of code beyond the xml or unpacked asset bundles. I have not asked about the methods he uses to find additional assets or get such precise pathways. I hope you'll consider joining the Guppy's Unofficial 7DtD Modding Server where such discussions and requests are typically given greater assistance. A number of modders share findings from the code and they do also discuss their methods.

ah ok. i've actually been lurking in guppy's discord for a while... looks like i should start poking around now. 👍

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, tortrader said:

Are any of the servers running this mod on Alpha 20 yet?

I have visited a variety of servers that mention 'mods' in their description and quite a few seem to be using the A20 version as standalone or combined with the enZombies. If A19 was anything to go by, some server admin will combine Robeloto's, enZombies, and the Snufkins all at the same time. I rarely see servers mention Snufkin Zombies specifically by name these days unless we visit their Discord where all mods are listed in full.

• 4 weeks later...

I've tried to get server admins to add this or original Snufkin's mod into Darkness Falls and they mostly say the same thing: They don't want to add it unless a) there's a working all-in-one they can unzip and load up b) they have support of the mod's creator if they are having issues. 

2 hours ago, The Frankman said:

I've tried to get server admins to add this or original Snufkin's mod into Darkness Falls and they mostly say the same thing: They don't want to add it unless a) there's a working all-in-one they can unzip and load up b) they have support of the mod's creator if they are having issues. 

This version has A20 attributes, and checking the Darkness Falls link shows the public release is currently at A19.6. Saying that, there there may well be an A20 version being supported for Discord community members. It would be hoped the DF community took the lead on testing compatibility, which would include maintaining updates and any related issues.

6 hours ago, ShoudenKalferas said:

I'm working on a new quest for the Tools of Citizenship quest pack and would like to add some custom zombie dwarves. Any chance anyone here is interested creating something like this that I can use for the quest pack? :) Figured it didn't hurt to ask, in case someone was interested in the challenge.

I can certainly get this started. A Dwarf, or a Norseman of lower than average stature, I do not know. He packs a punch regardless.

20220130163302_1.thumb.jpg.6cb1cad6805c1c1c8dc253e466c811df.jpg

20220130163336_1.thumb.jpg.87540bf3b9799b8883844ad24f53d6ad.jpg

20220130164141_1.thumb.jpg.e358f8b0332e08ad81ef61009f451b0e.jpg

On 11/28/2020 at 1:09 AM, arramus said:

@magejosh Reference to pettest has been removed. It looks like it was to be a quest that never quiet made it.

@PeNa1979 It is safe to download now and use F6 as the NRE entries have been removed.

Here is a small update for the Party Plus mod. A small starter kit as this mod is certainly more of a challenge with the elevated group spawns.

https://github.com/arramus/Snufkin-Party-Plus-Starter-Kit-A19

A bit of lore.

20201128173149_1.thumb.jpg.c3cf4f31d02f5de588329785441d746f.jpg

And some simple goodies.

20201128173234_1.thumb.jpg.226aca76bd91d12138fa4e88097d9510.jpg

Is there an updated link, or A20 update to this pack by any chance?

@Infringed

Download:

https://github.com/arramus/A20SnufkinPartyPackStarterKit

A small collection of items to start players on their journey in Snufkin Land.

20220201141213_1.thumb.jpg.30c69f43c40aeafcd1651736591e5edd.jpg

Weapon and Tool levels used to be randomly assigned. This is no longer possible in A20 and everything will start out at Level 1. These items will allow players to survive the first few days by quickly completing the Tutorial, easily making their way to the first trader, and completing those initial quests until better loot can be found. The items can be manually edited in the items.xml for type and quantity.

20220201141230_1.thumb.jpg.0ab8ca57b928371b55888e277191d783.jpg

47 minutes ago, arramus said:

@Infringed

Download:

https://github.com/arramus/A20SnufkinPartyPackStarterKit

A small collection of items to start players on their journey in Snufkin Land.

20220201141213_1.thumb.jpg.30c69f43c40aeafcd1651736591e5edd.jpg

Weapon and Tool levels used to be randomly assigned. This is no longer possible in A20 and everything will start out at Level 1. These items will allow players to survive the first few days by quickly completing the Tutorial, easily making their way to the first trader, and completing those initial quests until better loot can be found. The items can be manually edited in the items.xml for type and quantity.

20220201141230_1.thumb.jpg.0ab8ca57b928371b55888e277191d783.jpg

Wow, that was quick! Thanks so much for getting this out.  Greatly appreciated.

If you visit the entitygroups.xml you will see a variety of groups.

Any group which does not say night, is predominately or totally daytime spawning.

Delete all of those and keep the ones that specifically have night in the title.

If you deleted every line from Line 60 to 175 and 220 to 273 that will remove a whole heap of day time spawners.

Here is a small update download:

https://github.com/arramus/Snufkin-Custom-Zombies-Plus-A20-2022Feb02

This update adds 'Hammer Spammer'. A Thor type entity who carries an electrified Hammer which can shock players.
This entity was inspired by ShoudenKalferas' plan to incorporate Dwarf characters into the White River - Tools of Citizenship Quests.

Hammer Spammer is a tall, and pretty fast entity, with brute power. Best to steer clear until you are ready.

20220202212245_1.thumb.jpg.0e9740462f6ef375b5bdcd926da4b4f5.jpg

Receiving a shock.

20220202212314_1.thumb.jpg.922e030abab0d82c9bc903f73a9ea5e1.jpg