Snufkin's Custom Server Side Zombies - PLUS (A20)

arramus

46 minutes ago, arramus said:

Love em or loathe em, 7DaysToDiemods.com, based on the past 6 months of periodic visits at least, update very quickly. A daily basis if not multiple occasions in a single day.

5 and 7 really are huge amounts and should have been noticeable. I've played in a server which set night at 4 and it was a constant stream which was far too much for me.

i remember trying the non PLUS snufkin's mod and for some reason the entitygroups.XML was spawning only on BM hordes i wonder if theres something similar in this mod

2 hours ago, AndrewT said:

i remember trying the non PLUS snufkin's mod and for some reason the entitygroups.XML was spawning only on BM hordes i wonder if theres something similar in this mod

They are practically identical in most respects beyond a few probability settings and rebalancing.

I couldn't see any details about your World size, maximum entity settings, day, open regions, etc, and can't really comment beyond generic observations and feedback.

One way to help confirm if it's mod related or World related is to install an additional custom zombie mod such as Robeloto's. However, Robeloto's custom zombies also spawn inside POIs where Snufkin's do not and a better analysis may be better made in clearer non POI areas.

12 hours ago, arramus said:

They are practically identical in most respects beyond a few probability settings and rebalancing.

I couldn't see any details about your World size, maximum entity settings, day, open regions, etc, and can't really comment beyond generic observations and feedback.

One way to help confirm if it's mod related or World related is to install an additional custom zombie mod such as Robeloto's. However, Robeloto's custom zombies also spawn inside POIs where Snufkin's do not and a better analysis may be better made in clearer non POI areas.

My world is an 8K size but i cant figure out why the custom zombies dont spawn roaming the area or in wandering hordes there must be some kind of bug or something because i remember fighting the zombies with big caliber guns (harry's new calibers) and it was fun because of the challenge the zombies gave

Just now, AndrewT said:

My world is an 8K size but i cant figure out why the custom zombies dont spawn roaming the area or in wandering hordes there must be some kind of bug or something because i remember fighting the zombies with big caliber guns (harry's new calibers) and it was fun because of the challenge the zombies gave

The Snufkin Zombies haven't been added to the wandering hordes but have been added to regular individual roaming spawn groups. I have been unable to replicate this issue beyond the scenarios and workarounds mentioned above. My regular gaming group just launched a new World today on the experimental 19.4(b3) build and there are Snufkin Zombies roaming the areas.

1 hour ago, arramus said:

The Snufkin Zombies haven't been added to the wandering hordes but have been added to regular individual roaming spawn groups. I have been unable to replicate this issue beyond the scenarios and workarounds mentioned above. My regular gaming group just launched a new World today on the experimental 19.4(b3) build and there are Snufkin Zombies roaming the areas.

well that's odd because my game stage is over 150 and im a couple days away from day21, i increased the probability of my favorite zombies as well as the spawning and the zombies still aren't spawning. Or wait a minute i downloaded the mod when i already had a developed world maybe that may have something to do with it. I'm also on A19.4

4 hours ago, AndrewT said:

well that's odd because my game stage is over 150 and im a couple days away from day21, i increased the probability of my favorite zombies as well as the spawning and the zombies still aren't spawning. Or wait a minute i downloaded the mod when i already had a developed world maybe that may have something to do with it. I'm also on A19.4

Snufkin Zombies can successfully be brought into an existing World and that shouldn't be a factor. If there are other mods in the mix, maybe worth removing all mods except for the Snufkin Zombies to see if there are any conflicts and building them back in one by one. Beyond that, I have exhausted suggestions since BM is functional which infers the entitygroups.xml is loading.

Snufkin Zombies can successfully be brought into an existing World and that shouldn't be a factor. If there are other mods in the mix, maybe worth removing all mods except for the Snufkin Zombies to see if there are any conflicts and building them back in one by one. Beyond that, I have exhausted suggestions since BM is functional which infers the entitygroups.xml is loading.

I have a few other mods I may have to delete them and start over then redownload the mods I need the most. If your interested in any of the mods i have that you may want to put on your server let me know and ill list them.

On 2/14/2021 at 7:05 PM, arramus said:

I deleted all my mods and redownloaded the zombies and now they work. now I don't know if its possible but it would be cool if u can salvage parts from the hell flyer and shocker with a wrench after shooting them out of the sky

On 2/23/2021 at 9:25 AM, AndrewT said:

I deleted all my mods and redownloaded the zombies and now they work. now I don't know if its possible but it would be cool if u can salvage parts from the hell flyer and shocker with a wrench after shooting them out of the sky

Good to see it's all working again. Hard to say what the issue was but as long as they appear that's the main thing.

The creator of the Hell Flyer appears to be really busy with another project at the moment and probably won't respond here as they are in a constant group discussion and project share elsewhere. It is certainly something that community members could do by themselves though by comparing the harvest and 'remain' code to see if it's possible to make the Hell Flyer stay around until being harvested as with the animals.

The Grumpy Nerd put together some game footage of a recent Blood Moon featuring the Snufkin Zombies PLUS as they attempt to breach the base while working through the intricate pathways. It all makes for an interesting experience.

Hi everyone, first of all I'd like to thank Arramus, Snufkin and everyone else involved in the creation of mods that make this game so much more fun. My favorite mods have always been more zombies, and I'd like to start playing around a bit. So far I've tried changing mesh textures using resources pulled from bundle files, based on your work, but it has been mostly try and error. And slow. And limited. I'd like to make better things, starting from visuals, like replacing body parts, a better understanding of why some textures work, while others just give me errors, what can I use as projectile and so on...
Can anybody point me to a friendly tutorial and what tools I should use? I'd like to keep it xml only, so I am not sure if unity would serve me...

English is not my first language, so I hope I could make myself clear.

Thanks everyone, hope in a short future I could submit a few zombies to be enjoyed by the community

7 hours ago, R2D2 said:

Hi everyone, first of all I'd like to thank Arramus, Snufkin and everyone else involved in the creation of mods that make this game so much more fun. My favorite mods have always been more zombies, and I'd like to start playing around a bit. So far I've tried changing mesh textures using resources pulled from bundle files, based on your work, but it has been mostly try and error. And slow. And limited. I'd like to make better things, starting from visuals, like replacing body parts, a better understanding of why some textures work, while others just give me errors, what can I use as projectile and so on...
Can anybody point me to a friendly tutorial and what tools I should use? I'd like to keep it xml only, so I am not sure if unity would serve me...

English is not my first language, so I hope I could make myself clear.

Thanks everyone, hope in a short future I could submit a few zombies to be enjoyed by the community

Hello R2D2.

Unfortunately, it has been trial and error for everyone. Snufkin and oakraven have a background in coding which has been very helpful for the xml but even they have needed to give up on things, change things, and reduce the complexity of things to make them work. As for textures, replacing body parts, and use of projectiles, that has also been trial and error because we do not have access to a database of used assets (models/textures, etc) beyond what is shared in the xml. Some modders have used third party tools to decompile the game assets but there are no tutorials out there specifically for 7D2D that I have seen. Maybe some other modders can offer some examples.

As for projectiles, I have seen chickens 'throwing' exploding eggs based on the acid attack. It takes a long time to look through all of the xml files to see what is available to use but the result can be a lot of fun.

Sorry, trial and error is the best answer I can give along with looking at the xml of other modders to see how things were done.

• 3 weeks later...

I am really enjoying the Custom Server Side Zombies - PLUS (originally included as part of the ZombieDayz overhaul by DeftChimp and sechsterversuch and I liked it so much I put it back in). But I'm experiencing an issue that is REALLY annoying.  When a Geist (or possibly another electric attacking zombie) dies during horde night, the electric crackling sound goes into an infinite loop.  After killing 4 or 5 of them, the volume is almost unbearable and makes it extremely difficult to hear incoming z's.  A similar issue is occurring with the Hell Flyer (gyrocopter based Z) - when they are killed the crash and burn sound goes into an infinite loop.

This issue is occurring on a dedicated server, and in my personal game.  Leaving the chunk and coming back does not fix the problem.  The only way I have found to fix it on my personal game is to log out and log back in.  On the server game, we have everyone to log out and log in to get the noise to stop.

I'm not much of a modder/coder, but I'm pretty sure that I can either <!-- sound file here --> to turn it off entirely, or set the "loop=true" to "loop = false" if I know which file the sounds are getting called by and/or from.

Thanks in advance for any insights you might have!
- Geoff

Edited by Evil_Geoff
clarity of where I got the mod from (see edit history)

I think I might have found the issue in the buffs.xml of the vanilla game.  There is a line for:
<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfDied" action="RemoveParticleEffectFromEntity" particle="p_electric_shock"/>

And for
<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfLeaveGame" action="StopSound" sound="electric_fence_impact"/>

But no line for <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfDied" action="StopSound" sound="electric_fence_impact"/>

Would adding that line in the base game cause the sound to stop on Geist death?  Or adding it as an append line in the mod buffs file?

9 hours ago, Evil_Geoff said:

I think I might have found the issue in the buffs.xml of the vanilla game.  There is a line for:
<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfDied" action="RemoveParticleEffectFromEntity" particle="p_electric_shock"/>

And for
<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfLeaveGame" action="StopSound" sound="electric_fence_impact"/>

But no line for <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfDied" action="StopSound" sound="electric_fence_impact"/>

Would adding that line in the base game cause the sound to stop on Geist death?  Or adding it as an append line in the mod buffs file?

Thanks for doing some ground work on this Evil Geoff. The p_electric_shock was originally a different particle but even though it had the remove command it continued to loop. The workaround was to change it to the p_electric_shock particle which worked. The same workaround applied to the flame particle for the scorcher which would also continually loop in the same spot and only stop after the client left and returned. It could well be that the electric fence impact was updated recently and this also needs amending. You are very welcome to add that as an append line in the mod buffs file to see the result and share feedback. Should it bring relief it is a potential update for the mod. If it doesn't bring relief for what looks like a VERY annoying experience, it may require a total change of particle for the Geist and Flyers.

Oh yes, because it still exists in current custom builds such as:

- The Wasteland Mod by bdubyah

- Creature Packs administered by xyth who also ported the Behemoth over.

well u may not know this but in the A16 days while they were still working on the behemoth TFP believe it or not had secret plans for a radiated behemoth as well before the constant bugs forced them to scrap the behemoth. if the behemoth was successful in A16 then the radiated behemoth was to be added in A17. but not all hope is lost. on 7DaysToDieMods.com the same website where I got the snufkin's zombies PLUS, I found a small mod that brings both the behemoth and radiated behemoth back into the game and fighting them is great fun. let me know if ur interested and ill post a link

48 minutes ago, AndrewT said:

well u may not know this but in the A16 days while they were still working on the behemoth TFP believe it or not had secret plans for a radiated behemoth as well before the constant bugs forced them to scrap the behemoth. if the behemoth was successful in A16 then the radiated behemoth was to be added in A17. but not all hope is lost. on 7DaysToDieMods.com the same website where I got the snufkin's zombies PLUS, I found a small mod that brings both the behemoth and radiated behemoth back into the game and fighting them is great fun. let me know if ur interested and ill post a link

It doenst work as a xml only mod for servers 😕

Assets are not pushed from server to client and the vanilla behemoth has no hitbox.

8 hours ago, arramus said:

...  You are very welcome to add that as an append line in the mod buffs file to see the result and share feedback. Should it bring relief it is a potential update for the mod. If it doesn't bring relief for what looks like a VERY annoying experience, it may require a total change of particle for the Geist and Flyers.

I did further testing - I added the <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfDied" action="StopSound" sound="electric_fence_impact"/> to the entityclasses.xml for the triggered effects on the Geist, started a game and spawned in a dozen Geists.  I @%$#ed them off for some reason (imagine that!)  and got electrocuted to death.  When I respawned, the sound stopped.  I went back to the area where I had spawned them, and the noise was gone. 

"YAY!"  I thought.

But wanting to be thorough, I tried it again, this time in God mode.  Here's what I found out:

#1 - The shock sound persists in the location you are shocked.  I got shocked in one area several times, ran off far enough to not hear the noise, and ran back and as I got closer, I could hear the sound again. 
#2 - The sound can persist in multiple locations.  I ran away, far enough to not hear the shocking sound in the first area.  @%$#ed of the Geists (I let them heal up in the meantime, you know, for SCIENCE!) and let them shock me some more.
  Ran off, did it again.  Ran back to the first location, and the sound was still there.  Back to the second, ditto.  Back to the third.  Yup, you guessed it, the sound was still there.
#3 - The <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfDied" action="StopSound" sound="electric_fence_impact"/> appears to work as long as _I_ die.  Killing all the Geists did not stop the sound.

I do not want to survive the horde, just to have to eat glass to stop the sizzle.  *LOL*

7 hours ago, Evil_Geoff said:

I did further testing - I added the <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfDied" action="StopSound" sound="electric_fence_impact"/> to the entityclasses.xml for the triggered effects on the Geist, started a game and spawned in a dozen Geists.  I @%$#ed them off for some reason (imagine that!)  and got electrocuted to death.  When I respawned, the sound stopped.  I went back to the area where I had spawned them, and the noise was gone. 

"YAY!"  I thought.

But wanting to be thorough, I tried it again, this time in God mode.  Here's what I found out:

#1 - The shock sound persists in the location you are shocked.  I got shocked in one area several times, ran off far enough to not hear the noise, and ran back and as I got closer, I could hear the sound again. 
#2 - The sound can persist in multiple locations.  I ran away, far enough to not hear the shocking sound in the first area.  @%$#ed of the Geists (I let them heal up in the meantime, you know, for SCIENCE!) and let them shock me some more.
  Ran off, did it again.  Ran back to the first location, and the sound was still there.  Back to the second, ditto.  Back to the third.  Yup, you guessed it, the sound was still there.
#3 - The <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfDied" action="StopSound" sound="electric_fence_impact"/> appears to work as long as _I_ die.  Killing all the Geists did not stop the sound.

I do not want to survive the horde, just to have to eat glass to stop the sizzle.  *LOL*

Thank you. What was replaced as a working particle with its own stop, may well have been updated just as its predecessor. A revisit may be required with a different buff type of replacement. One for discussion and testing.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Evilspartan said:

Is there a way to turn them off on horde night also what would be to easiest way to add these bosses to the snow biome?

Fortunately, both questions are connected to the same file in the mod; entitygroups.xml

Go to Config > entitygroups.xml

1. Turning off Horde Night Custom Zombies.

Go to Line 292

add !-- after the first < so it looks like this <!--append

add -- at the end of line 613 before the final > so it looks like this append-->

This will comment out all of the Horde Night instructions and the game will ignore them.

2. If you are running the Snufkin Custom Zombies Plus the custom zombies are all already set to appear in the Snow Biome. The default entitygroups.xml has a very high spawn rate while the entitygroups_lite_version which is the optional replacement in the main Mod folder (would need to be renamed as per the instructions) is a much lighter version. Default for very established open Worlds and lite for new Worlds where regions aren't unlocked yet. Here are the instructions for the Snow Biome for adding the custom zombies.

<append xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='SnowZombies']">
        <entity name="ZombieArchon" prob="0.5"/>
        <entity name="zombieBanshee" prob="0.5"/>
        <entity name="ZombieBomber" prob="0.5"/>
        <entity name="zombieCowhead" prob="0.5"/>
        <entity name="zombieGeist" prob="0.5"/>
        <entity name="zombieMantis" prob="0.5"/>        
        <entity name="zombieParasite" prob="0.5"/>
        <entity name="zombiePsycho" prob="0.5"/>
        <entity name="zombieScarecrow" prob="0.5"/>
        <entity name="zombieScorcher" prob="0.5"/>
        <entity name="zombieSiren" prob="0.5"/>