Snufkin's Community Pack Server Side Vehicles

arramus

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, danu said:

image.png.a0c467ffddc21c8f57bfae9025591cd6.png

Experienced this while trying this mod. its like 3 vehicles in one, is there a fix for this?

This is something that we are unable to resolve at the moment as it's linked to default game code, optimisation, and game tick.

One workaround is to put the vehicle back in your backpack to refresh and try to place it again.

On 12/22/2020 at 2:33 PM, morggin said:

Just tried to add the mod to my server today (which just updated to 19.3 (b6) but dosn't appear to work with 19.3 yet.

Okay ... i got it working, i had to download the Snufkin-CommunityPack-ServerSideVehicles-A19-2020Dec19-master.  This appears to indeed be working with A19.3 (b6).  Thanks for your hard work guys !!

This should work great with my Island map

AtrumIsland12K.png

Been using with your map for awhile. Works great. NICE Map. (I made the flying vehicles much more expensive to craft esp. the shark to limit use to later game. But even then I had a drone bus crafted by day 50)

Hi guys,

The mods great we are running it currently on our Philippine's server. We are also seeing what we have dubbed the "Doppel ganger" effect @danu is reporting but we also see it whilst the vehicle is in motion sounds like thats something that cant be fixed which is a shame. The other error we are seeing is player seeing the wrong model such as in the screenshot below where one player see's the battle bus but the other is seeing the 4x4

unknown.png

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, OwlWolfe said:

Like completely delete them from the xml?

And !----- is a chat command?

Completely delete the recipes.xml code relating to the specific vehicle you would like to remove from your World.

Or comment out the code using the <!--     --> additions as were proposed for commenting out the Banshee.

A small but important update for the Shark Blimp.

Download here: https://github.com/arramus/Snufkin-CommunityPack-ServerSideVehicles-A19-2021Feb25

The Shark Blimp was added as a novelty vehicle but has become one of the most popular. Default is low cost to produce at an early stage of the game and allows players to traverse the World with quite a lot of ease.

One issue that has been reported on numerous occasions is that it can periodically starting rocking and spinning on servers which have high player counts, network challenges, or high ping. The Shark Blimp was built around the 'Joke Blimp' model which has this rocking feature built into it.

20210225180204_1.thumb.jpg.985097cfd6d156951856e4820ba3f762.jpg

20210225182322_1.thumb.jpg.eb5331faf4dbd13aaf6aeed490fbd565.jpg

A workaround was to replace the 'Joke Blimp' base model with a 4x4. The 4x4, as can be seen with the Drone Battle Bus, flies very stabley with minimal rocking.

In addition, the Shark Blimp has been given a brighter fixed light due to the 4x4 headlights being available and a larger storage capacity.

The most notable changes will be:

- The Shark Blimp will feel a little bouncier when landing.

- The Shark Blimp may remain a little more above ground surface when parked.

- There will be a dramatic reduction in spinning and instability. It will not be totally eradicated as you will see if you hit a tree, but it will be more the exception.

Cosmetically, the Shark Blimp looks exactly the same.

20210215135201_1.thumb.jpg.91fca850d3d58bb7305ab9c6ffbf46dd.jpg

However, at night the light will be noticably more functional at close range.

20210215135336_1.thumb.jpg.7b5c3f4f5cf84fa7981abd0112ce0fc2.jpg

And more useful, but no overpowered, at a distance.

20210215135505_1.thumb.jpg.0d7a658dc912c128aeb7c0bf2ace3380.jpg

A second small addition is better passenger placement for the Hell Piggy to ensure the passenger is directly behind the rider.

It seems in the progression .xml file, there are skill level requirements to craft the vehicles, however in the game there doesn't seem to be any requirements at all? How would I go about enabling these requirements so that you need to invest levels before crafting the vehicles? Thanks

37 minutes ago, Mach said:

It seems in the progression .xml file, there are skill level requirements to craft the vehicles, however in the game there doesn't seem to be any requirements at all? How would I go about enabling these requirements so that you need to invest levels before crafting the vehicles? Thanks

Adding progression appears to be something Snufkin considered in the early days, but the best workaround was to link the creation to vehicles that already require progression: e.g.

If you want to create a Hell Fire Motorcycle you will need a regular motorcycle. Without unlocking the regular motorcycle or saving enough funds to purchase one, it will not be possible to make this custom vehicle. This offered a workaround that forced the player to reach Skill Level 3 for vehicle crafting.

The same applied for vehicles that require a 4x4 with Skill Level 4.

In addition, creating the Whirligig requires a Gyro with its association to Skill Level 5.

There are some vehicles such as the Shark Blimp which are admittedly very easy to make. If you want his to be more of a challenge, the easiest way to do this would be to change the recipes.xml  to force a Skill Level 5 with the need to use a Gyro or increase the need for a difficult resource, such as 500 steel ingots.

If you really want to link each separate vehicle to its own progression flow, please explain in more detail what ideas you have in mind and we can show you a template from the default vehicles. This could be with or without a schematic.

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Bernard said:

im having trouble getting the mod to work, im using 19.4 (b7) and i keep getting a console error trying to interact with it, placing isnt a issue

has anyone else experienced this or knows a fix?

This hasn't been an issue for players using the Vanilla version of the game based on feedback, up to now. I wonder if there are any other mods or overhauls running alongside the vehicles. One change we made helped reduce errors a lot for players running other mods because all of the vehicle storage containers went back to default sizes and stopped conflict there.

7 hours ago, Bernard said:

im having trouble getting the mod to work, im using 19.4 (b7) and i keep getting a console error trying to interact with it, placing isnt a issue

has anyone else experienced this or knows a fix?

Bernard u may have other vehicle mods interfering with this mod or other mods messing with it. i had a similar problem with the custom zombies mod where my other mods would glitch the mod to where the custom zombies only spawned on horde nights i had to uninstall all my mods then reinstall the zombie mod first then i got it to work and redownloaded the other mods after that.

On 4/29/2021 at 4:47 AM, arramus said:

This hasn't been an issue for players using the Vanilla version of the game based on feedback, up to now. I wonder if there are any other mods or overhauls running alongside the vehicles. One change we made helped reduce errors a lot for players running other mods because all of the vehicle storage containers went back to default sizes and stopped conflict there.

i do have a few mods running

bdubs vehicles, zombies plus ( modded to work with a19 plus many of my own additions), the new world order which is a overhaul that im making and currently has a error in the progression xml, fire arms expansion 3.1, weapons a19, snufkin custom zombies, dp power expansion and the mod in question

these are the errors given to me in the logs 

2021-04-27T20:08:57 725.707 ERR Vehicle properties for 'army truck' not found!
Non-convex MeshCollider with non-kinematic Rigidbody is no longer supported since Unity 5.
If you want to use a non-convex mesh either make the Rigidbody kinematic or remove the Rigidbody component. Scene hierarchy path "Entities/Cars/Army Truck_207/Physics/Box1/tempPrefab_armyTruckPrefab/armyTruck", Mesh asset path "" Mesh name "army_truck_collider"

(Filename:  Line: 0)

2021-04-27T20:08:59 727.379 INF Time: 1.85m FPS: 47.13 Heap: 1220.5MB Max: 1220.5MB Chunks: 240 CGO: 151 Ply: 1 Zom: 2 Ent: 5 (5) Items: 0 CO: 1 RSS: 6160.5MB
2021-04-27T20:09:07 735.725 INF VehicleManager saving 1 (1 / 0)
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Vehicle.GetHornSoundName () [0x00000] in <8acc464c86d74c55af84c07a2c0049a6>:0  
  at Vehicle.HasHorn () [0x00000] in <8acc464c86d74c55af84c07a2c0049a6>:0 
  at EntityVehicle.GetActivationCommands (Vector3i _tePos, EntityAlive _entityFocusing) [0x001ce] in <8acc464c86d74c55af84c07a2c0049a6>:0 
  at PlayerMoveController.Update () [0x01dfa] in <8acc464c86d74c55af84c07a2c0049a6>:0

2021-04-27T19:58:06 74.599 WRN XML patch for "XUi/windows.xml" from mod "CustonVehicles" did not apply: <set xpath="/windows/window[@name='windowVehicleStorage']/grid[@name='inventory']/@rows" 
2021-04-27T19:58:06 74.599 WRN XML patch for "XUi/windows.xml" from mod "CustonVehicles" did not apply: <set xpath="/windows/window[@name='windowVehicleStorage']/grid[@name='inventory']/@cols" 

Edited by Bernard (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Bernard said:

these are the errors given to me in the logs 

2021-04-27T20:08:57 725.707 ERR Vehicle properties for 'army truck' not found!
Non-convex MeshCollider with non-kinematic Rigidbody is no longer supported since Unity 5.
If you want to use a non-convex mesh either make the Rigidbody kinematic or remove the Rigidbody component. Scene hierarchy path "Entities/Cars/Army Truck_207/Physics/Box1/tempPrefab_armyTruckPrefab/armyTruck", Mesh asset path "" Mesh name "army_truck_collider"

2021-04-27T19:58:06 74.599 WRN XML patch for "XUi/windows.xml" from mod "CustonVehicles" did not apply: <set xpath="/windows/window[@name='windowVehicleStorage']/grid[@name='inventory']/@rows" 
2021-04-27T19:58:06 74.599 WRN XML patch for "XUi/windows.xml" from mod "CustonVehicles" did not apply: <set xpath="/windows/window[@name='windowVehicleStorage']/grid[@name='inventory']/@cols" 

Ah yes, these ones.

I wonder if you are using the most up to date versions of the Snufkin Community Pack Server Side Vehicles Mod.

In fact, I wonder if you are using the original Snufkin Custom Vehicles Mod with just the original base vehicles.

Those two issues are related to Snufkin's original mod which were removed for this community pack version.

The first one is caused by an outdated collision asset which the devs have already confirmed they will not touch and it is not something that can be resolved through xml editing for server side only settings. As such, Oakraven made some amendments to stabilise it. The residual message may appear but the vehicle can be placed without issue.

The second one relates to the Xui folder which this version does not possess. It has some bearing on the original storage containers which were restored to default values. These were both amended about 4-5 months ago as part of the restoration from A18 to A19.

4 hours ago, arramus said:

Ah yes, these ones.

I wonder if you are using the most up to date versions of the Snufkin Community Pack Server Side Vehicles Mod.

In fact, I wonder if you are using the original Snufkin Custom Vehicles Mod with just the original base vehicles.

Those two issues are related to Snufkin's original mod which were removed for this community pack version.

The first one is caused by an outdated collision asset which the devs have already confirmed they will not touch and it is not something that can be resolved through xml editing for server side only settings. As such, Oakraven made some amendments to stabilise it. The residual message may appear but the vehicle can be placed without issue.

The second one relates to the Xui folder which this version does not possess. It has some bearing on the original storage containers which were restored to default values. These were both amended about 4-5 months ago as part of the restoration from A18 to A19.

that is a possibility i have the out of date one, but the folder is badged up as a19 25th feb 2021

18 minutes ago, Bernard said:

that is a possibility i have the out of date one, but the folder is badged up as a19 25th feb 2021

Well Bernard what I had to do was uninstall all my mods then reinstall the snufkins zombies plus before reinstalling my other mods I think u may be experiencing the same problem with this mod.

1 minute ago, AndrewT said:

Well Bernard what I had to do was uninstall all my mods then reinstall the snufkins zombies plus before reinstalling my other mods I think u may be experiencing the same problem with this mod.

ill give it a try after work tomorrow and let you guys know how i get on :)