Snufkin's Community Pack Server Side Vehicles

arramus

Here is an update for the Snufkin Community Pack Server Side Vehicles.

Download - https://github.com/arramus/Snufkin-CommunityPack-ServerSideVehicles-A19-2020Dec04

Three new vehicles join the pack from oakraven, and this was a good opportunity to remove 3 experimental vehicles from the code (Airship, Hover Bike, and Hover Car) which may cause issue if brought into play through 'cm'.

From left to right: Green Max, Psyren Ride, and Red Max

20201204222514_1.thumb.jpg.41d5139ded7c55493f0a619e64bb4f13.jpg

20201204222449_1.thumb.jpg.f9c948ee891085708807af36f011a14c.jpg

20201204222500_1.thumb.jpg.a207220f828a426b8825baf084f9ccce.jpg

Here is an update with some important changes:

Download: https://github.com/arramus/Snufkin-CommunityPack-ServerSideVehicles-A19-2020Dec05

1. Removal of custom containers. Containers 950, 951, and 952 have been removed. The primary issue with this mod has been ID conflict for these containers which gave certain vehicles a custom storage size. All vehicles have now reverted back to default values as follows:

Parachute and Jet have bicycle storage.

Sled, Bath, and Shark have mini bike storage.

Bikes and Whirligig have motorcycle storage.

Buses, Cars, Big Floaters, and 4x4s share the jeep storage.

We hope this will allow this mod to have better cross compatibility with overhauls and other mods that use custom containers.

The parachute.

20201206001434_1.thumb.jpg.88ea46e638cf49a4b9aa335cd6ec3edc.jpg

2. Removal of items.xml tags. All but 5 vehicles have no tag references and they could take vehicle modifiers. The tags were from Snufkin vehicles and it appeared to be part of the attempt to ensure the attachments retained their placement on vehicles. It appears that the tags for items.xml are mod focussed as with the weapons and their entries may well be redundant as Snufkin found a more reliable method. All vehicles now take the vehicle mods. We tested  Toad_VehicleMods and War3zuk Vehicle Addons. Some features apply beneficially or detrimentally such as lighting buffs. We couldn't see any speed impact and didn't test long enough to check for fuel efficiency. The object was simply to ensure all vehicles could accept the mod and this has been achieved.

20201206002016_1.thumb.jpg.a072b364c121e42ebc863b3f3e82eaa2.jpg

3. Localisation

All vehicles have received basic localisation with their names separated and reference to seating capacity. For example, 'PsyrenRide' to 'Psyren Ride (4 seater)'. The description uses the default value as shown in the image. The seating addition will allow players to see exactly how many the vehicle can hold during quests and looting adventures.

20201206001321_1.thumb.jpg.33da7c93f06407e6b1ecd0bc071c5839.jpg

Edited by arramus (see edit history)

Here is a small update.

Download: https://github.com/arramus/Snufkin-CommunityPack-ServerSideVehicles-A19-2020Dec07

Hand placement for the cars was a little on the high side as this reflected the default values for the model that it replaced. Lowering the hand placement settings and shifting the player forwards very slightly created a better visual effect.

This update is simply a small cosmetic change for all of the cars.

From.

20201207022549_1.thumb.jpg.488fa07b3242a505a554197318933900.jpg

To.

20201207023011_1.thumb.jpg.0b25438cea6572dc6a97c35175ce4a22.jpg

Here is another cosmetic update and this completes hand placement for the bus type vehicles.

Download: https://github.com/arramus/Snufkin-CommunityPack-ServerSideVehicles-A19-2020Dec08

As it is purely cosmetic, updating has been shown to be trouble free.

From escapologist:

20201207225245_1.thumb.jpg.53d989e22c4377949c73c07879132a98.jpg

To... School Bus Driver

20201207225823_1.thumb.jpg.eaf6b1b29f5e02944e620d143ffe04d2.jpg

This improvement also applies to the Battle Bus and Battle Bus Drone.

20201207230328_1.thumb.jpg.e1df564c158877268ed5283e90cf94dc.jpg

20201207225142_1.thumb.jpg.388ad59eebaec013a6ede9eda27ab325.jpg

10 hours ago, ArNaLdInHo said:

How to chance the velocity of BathBlimp, too fast to put on servers will lag, what field i have to change to slower them down like gyroscope ?

Is easy to make a motorcycle Bath for donor ?

Tanks

Greetings. A good place to discuss these questions.

In the vehicles.xml file, try changing the BathBlimp entry from:

<property name="velocityMax" value="10, 18"/>

to the vehicleGyrocoptergyroscope value of:

<property name="velocityMax" value="9, 15"/>

As for motorcycle bath, do you mean it will run on the ground just like a motorcycle except the player sits in the bath?

46 minutes ago, ArNaLdInHo said:

<property name="velocityMax" value="10, 18"/>

thats not so easy i tried that ;)

yes make motorcycle  bath, run on ground

i tried also but shows the motorcycle  if put too small i cant ride it or grab

I see. Tweaking other vehicle settings such as using 'gears' for the gyrocopter may offer a better solution.

Another technique to hide the motorcycle when it is larger so you can ride and grab it is to replace the texture to an invisible one. This is something oakraven did for the Snufkin Plus zombies for the drones in the entityclasses.xml file and I could copy it for the Shark zombie. It was a very useful and stable way to hide the vultures but still use them. This technique is simple but extremely effective.

e.g. adding to the entityclasses.xml area for your motorcyle bath.

<property name="ReplaceMaterial0" value="particleeffects/materials/waterfallslope"/>

On 12/15/2020 at 7:13 AM, arramus said:

e.g. adding to the entityclasses.xml area for your motorcyle bath.

<property name="ReplaceMaterial0" value="particleeffects/materials/waterfallslope"/>

Worked tanks

How to do 2 in 1 

Motorcycle + Gyroscope :)

3 minutes ago, ArNaLdInHo said:

Worked tanks

How to do 2 in 1 

Motorcycle + Gyroscope :)

Hahahaha, sounds like a lot of difficult fun but something will be possible. Changing the vehicles.xml settings will change how it works. Best to compare the differences between motorcycle and gyroscope settings and combine the two.....somehow.

I just want to start by saying I'm a huge fan of this and the weapons mod, I didn't know these things were possible but knowing so now makes so so excited to play with the games code and make new things. I'm opening up a large playercount pvp server and want to make things for it in the future.

I don't know if this has been asked already, but I wanted to see the files I could use and downloaded unity and a game file extractor... I can make file paths to everything in the Data folder... but there are some things I have no idea how you guys came up with the file paths for. The stuff you can see in resources specifically is labeled much differently than whats in the game's config files. How do you guys find the exact file paths to prefabs/sounds (IE: Entities/Animals/Wolf/sleeperPose/idleSleepWolf). There is nothing I want more than to find the file path of the airdrop plane, or as the resources folder calls it "curtiss_fuselage or c46". I tried making paths to it but to no avail.

Edited by Howlune (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Howlune said:

I just want to start by saying I'm a huge fan of this and the weapons mod, I didn't know these things were possible but knowing so now makes so so excited to play with the games code and make new things. I'm opening up a large playercount pvp server and want to make things for it in the future.

I don't know if this has been asked already, but I wanted to see the files I could use and downloaded unity and a game file extractor... I can make file paths to everything in the Data folder... but there are some things I have no idea how you guys came up with the file paths for. The stuff you can see in resources specifically is labeled much differently than whats in the game's config files. How do you guys find the exact file paths to prefabs/sounds (IE: Entities/Animals/Wolf/sleeperPose/idleSleepWolf). There is nothing I want more than to find the file path of the airdrop plane, or as the resources folder calls it "curtiss_fuselage or c46". I tried making paths to it but to no avail.

Completely ignore this. I finally found the file paths. But seriously, everything you guys have done thus far is incredible and I would have not known had it not been there. Thank you.

7 hours ago, Howlune said:

Completely ignore this. I finally found the file paths. But seriously, everything you guys have done thus far is incredible and I would have not known had it not been there. Thank you.

Excellent, and feel free to share your method as there probably plenty of other modders, myself included who are unfamiliar with a) the best or most suitable current extractor out there and b) how to locate/deduce the exact pathways they are looking for. This will open up a whole heap of modding potential. I was able to use the Unity software to find the model rigging for vehicles to allow attachments or hiding certain features but am still far from in the know for finding pathways for things like the Santa hat for bypassing the archetype settings. There are some great tutorials in here but this fundamental one is lacking. And, we're looking forward to seeing what creations you come up with in time.

On 12/17/2020 at 8:52 PM, arramus said:

Excellent, and feel free to share your method as there probably plenty of other modders, myself included who are unfamiliar with a) the best or most suitable current extractor out there and b) how to locate/deduce the exact pathways they are looking for. This will open up a whole heap of modding potential. I was able to use the Unity software to find the model rigging for vehicles to allow attachments or hiding certain features but am still far from in the know for finding pathways for things like the Santa hat for bypassing the archetype settings. There are some great tutorials in here but this fundamental one is lacking. And, we're looking forward to seeing what creations you come up with in time.

I used UTinyRipper (https://sourceforge.net/projects/utinyripper/)to extract files in the 7 days to die data folders and it works fantastically. Dragging and dropping the extract files into Unity was all that was needed. To find the the airdrop plane, I used Ctrl+F to search "supply" in the entityclasses.xml file and it directed me towards a section dedicated towards the supply plane and the path to it's model. Now I can make a pilot-able one using the gyrocopter's code. Hopefully this helps anyone interested in doing their own projects.

@Howlune Thank you. It appears we are using the same method of rip > Unity > Trawl the xmls. There are a few useful tools in the tools section; one aids the search by looking at all xml files at the same time and another supports modders with the most commonly used code for appending, setting, and other additions. I need to trawl through those posts at some point as there are some useful things hidden away in the archives that are probably still viable. My challenge has been attempting to find pathways to things that are not in the xml such as the Santa hat so it can go on a deer as an attached prefab. Sharing your method is very helpful for the community so thanks for that. 

Just tried to add the mod to my server today (which just updated to 19.3 (b6) but dosn't appear to work with 19.3 yet.

Okay ... i got it working, i had to download the Snufkin-CommunityPack-ServerSideVehicles-A19-2020Dec19-master.  This appears to indeed be working with A19.3 (b6).  Thanks for your hard work guys !!

This should work great with my Island map

AtrumIsland12K.png

Edited by morggin (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

hello guys i am trying to get this mod to work my my server from pingperfect and I can not get it to work I tried to extract the files in the mod folder and just leave it there but nothing seems to work. when it comes to adding mods to my server I'm a NOOB. if someone could help me out I would appreciate it a lot. thanks

slychotico_man

Snufkin_CustomVehicles.zip

58 minutes ago, slychotico_man said:

this is what i get when i log into my server.

20210102070319_1.jpg

Interesting, that error warning appears to be something related to a non vehicle mod issue such as a health buff where you get attacked and it drains health over time. This used to be a feature in A18 but not A19. It also appears you are using the regular version of the Snufkin Vehicles whereas this thread relates to the Snufkin Community Pack Expansion Version.

First of all, delete the version you are using and attempt to use this one:

Snufkin_CommunityPack_ServerSideVehicles_A19_2020Dec19.zip

If it doesn't resolve the issue the warnings, list all the mods you are currently trying to use to allow others to look for any conflicts.

20 minutes ago, slychotico_man said:

these two mods and then in mod manger i have Apocalypse now  (V1.3)

Snufkin_CustomZombies.zip 330.47 kB · 0 downloads Snufkin_CustomVehicles.zip 114.66 kB · 0 downloads

Apocalypse V1.3 is the current version and should be fine.

The Snufkin Custom Zombies mod is the A18 version and contains many features which are not compatible with A19. It also contains the Health Modifier and this appears to be the culprit.

I recommend that you replace both of these Snufkin mods with:

SnufkinCustomZombiesPLUS_A19_2020Dec17.zip and Snufkin_CommunityPack_ServerSideVehicles_A19_2020Dec19.zip