Snufkin's Community Pack Server Side Vehicles

arramus

11 hours ago, Bernard said:

ill give it a try after work tomorrow and let you guys know how i get on :)

Can you also confirm that you don't have both the a19 25th feb 2021 version and the regular 'Snufkin Custom Vehicles A19 Stable 2020Oct27' also tucked away in your Mods folder as well?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2021 at 5:48 PM, smokingpaper said:

Is there any way to change code, that when you are flying and accidentally press the famous E button, that you can deploy parachute(without needing a surface)?

This is far beyond my coding know how and it would have to be handled by a modder with more capability.

As a simple work around it may be possible for servers who run the Snufkin Xpansion Weapons Mod and Vehicles Mod at the same time to utilise the hat mod system. For example, adding the parachute with a low fall velocity buff or zero impact damage bracing buff could act as a workaround.

It may not be pretty though as the hat will show the parachute while in the vehicle and it is not detaching when removed as other hat mods do. As an example.

Testing with @bdubyah's Vertibird from the Wasteland Mod.

20210513185626_1.thumb.jpg.27190b2d56512c51fce28f5a71045136.jpg

And as the parachute is already attached to the player's helmet, it simply hangs where it is manually located.

20210513190041_1.thumb.jpg.53c081ee4f9275fc4f6acedb37c74190.jpg

I shall ask a more experienced Modder for advice on this one for sure. If it is not possible to hide the parachute while in a vehicle or detach it like with others, maybe another model can be added instead depending on what's available.

On 5/8/2021 at 11:36 AM, AndrewT said:

I know this idea wont be easy but it would be fun if you guys can make it happen. my idea is a special vehicle that not only breaks blocks with ease but collects resources as well. again I know it wont be easy but its a cool idea nonetheless.

I'm sure I saw a post where this was a thing in A16. Before my time with 7D2D and I wonder if the code is still out there or anyone remembers it.

8 hours ago, arramus said:

This is far beyond my coding know how and it would have to be handled by a modder with more capability.

As a simple work around it may be possible for servers who run the Snufkin Xpansion Weapons Mod and Vehicles Mod at the same time to utilise the hat mod system. For example, adding the parachute with a low fall velocity buff or zero impact damage bracing buff could act as a workaround.

It may not be pretty though as the hat will show the parachute while in the vehicle and it is not detaching when removed as other hat mods do. As an example.

Testing with @bdubyah's Vertibird from the Wasteland Mod.

20210513185626_1.thumb.jpg.27190b2d56512c51fce28f5a71045136.jpg

And as the parachute is already attached to the player's helmet, it simply hangs where it is manually located.

20210513190041_1.thumb.jpg.53c081ee4f9275fc4f6acedb37c74190.jpg

I shall ask a more experienced Modder for advice on this one for sure. If it is not possible to hide the parachute while in a vehicle or detach it like with others, maybe another model can be added instead depending on what's available.

I'm sure I saw a post where this was a thing in A16. Before my time with 7D2D and I wonder if the code is still out there or anyone remembers it.

well if You can find the old A16 version of the manux custom vehicles mod what you can do is study the code that makes the mining vehicle possible then you can use that as the base for a new mining vehicle. but i want to see the most is a tank vehicle modeled after the MAUS which can smash through rubble when traveling through the wasteland without the rubble stopping you dead in your tracks.

5 hours ago, AndrewT said:

well if You can find the old A16 version of the manux custom vehicles mod what you can do is study the code that makes the mining vehicle possible then you can use that as the base for a new mining vehicle. but i want to see the most is a tank vehicle modeled after the MAUS which can smash through rubble when traveling through the wasteland without the rubble stopping you dead in your tracks.

I wish whoever takes on this challenge all the best. It appears the old A16 version of the manux custom vehicles mod may be here.

https://github.com/manux32/7dtdSdxMods

Possibly a good time to start your own thread with this link and your concept.

Edited by arramus (see edit history)

6 hours ago, AndrewT said:

well if You can find the old A16 version of the manux custom vehicles mod what you can do is study the code that makes the mining vehicle possible then you can use that as the base for a new mining vehicle.

If you want it so bad, why don't you study the code and try and update it yourself, instead of spamming every thread that is even remotely related to your request? 

Like arramus said, post a request in the appropriate area. As I know you've already seen, someone else is wanting to get that old mod updated for a19. Maybe you could collab with them to try and make it happen. 

I'm starting a hosted server for a gaming group of friends.  So, I was pretty excided to find this modelet and the series of server-side modlets--- where the client PCs do not have to do or  install anything.  I'm ok with the things such as vehicles not working exactly 100% as expected... long as they work decently of the time. 

But I do need to ask; do the following Snufkin Modelets work together in the 7DTD Alpha 19.4 version?

- Community Pack Server Side Vehicles
- Weapons Xpansion
- Custom Server Side Zombies – PLUS
- Slot Machine
- Scrap Tools

9 minutes ago, AKMARK5000 said:

I'm starting a hosted server for a gaming group of friends.  So, I was pretty excided to find this modelet and the series of server-side modlets--- where the client PCs do not have to do or  install anything.  I'm ok with the things such as vehicles not working exactly 100% as expected... long as they work decently of the time. 

But I do need to ask; do the following Snufkin Modelets work together in the 7DTD Alpha 19.4 version?

- Community Pack Server Side Vehicles
- Weapons Xpansion
- Custom Server Side Zombies – PLUS
- Slot Machine
- Scrap Tools

The top 3 work together. The bottom 2 require client side downloads and worked with the above 3 in previous tests.

13 minutes ago, arramus said:

The top 3 work together. The bottom 2 require client side downloads and worked with the above 3 in previous tests.

I was confused as to the modlets working in A19.4... but now I am not.

I was also looking at H7SB Backpacks server side modelet.  It talks about modifying the inventory and such... would there be a conflict with the Snufkin's modelets?

16 minutes ago, AKMARK5000 said:

I was confused as to the modlets working in A19.4... but now I am not.

I was also looking at H7SB Backpacks server side modelet.  It talks about modifying the inventory and such... would there be a conflict with the Snufkin's modelets?

The Snufkin modlets are not associated with inventory and there should be no conflicts.

12 hours ago, arramus said:

I installed Snufkin_CommunityPack_ServerSideVehicles_A19_2021Feb25  only, onto my server running 7 Days to Die Alpha 19.4 despite the date labeled "... _A19_2021Feb25."

spacer.png

I check in Creative Mode (CM command)... the mod did not work at all.  Is it even compatible with 19.4 (b7)?spacer.png

Did I install the mod wrong or is it just not compatible with 19.4??

The Mod remains compatible. I used it today and can verify that.

The folder hierarchy needed is:

Top Folder Layer - Snufkin_CommunityPack_ServerSideVehicles_A19_2021Feb25

Next Layer - Config / ModInfo / Readme and Revisions

Some download sites can add another layer with an identical name to the Top Layer created an unnecessary layer which will not allow the mod to load.

Can you confirm this is not the case?

19 minutes ago, arramus said:

The Mod remains compatible. I used it today and can verify that.

The folder hierarchy needed is:

Top Folder Layer - Snufkin_CommunityPack_ServerSideVehicles_A19_2021Feb25

Next Layer - Config / ModInfo / Readme and Revisions

Some download sites can add another layer with an identical name to the Top Layer created an unnecessary layer which will not allow the mod to load.

Can you confirm this is not the case?

I tryed again... success! Thanks, I'm not sure why it didn't work in the first place... I might have done the CM search wrong?

On 5/5/2021 at 5:48 PM, smokingpaper said:

Is there any way to change code, that when you are flying and accidentally press the famous E button, that you can deploy parachute(without needing a surface)?

After a bit of tinkering, there is a way. It is totally separate from the vehicle but the vehicle indirectly supports this method very well.

Here is how it works.

1. The player attaches a 'Parachute' Mod to the dye slot in their hat/helmet.

This automatically starts a buff using the Oh @%$#z Drops. This gives the player 60 seconds of painless fall damage.

2. After entering a vehicle, it resets the buff and the counter returns to 60 seconds again.

3. Even if the counter hits zero, after exiting an airborne vehicle the counter returns to 60 seconds again. This is more than enough time to land safely.

And in pictures:

The initial countdown after putting on the Parachute Mod has almost run out.

20210516213012_1.thumb.jpg.adadfcba1036a60d7aed659b1cf2b709.jpg

Exiting the vehicle restarted the countdown.

20210516213017_1.thumb.jpg.2f1d0963c7358a65ec656474b1bb3001.jpg

And it's possible to attach the Parachute Mod while airborne so it's not necessary to wear it all the time.

20210516213113_1.thumb.jpg.ea2fb4b7583bcdec0e017a07895aa9f5.jpg

I kept a Parachute hat on my toolbelt and exited from high up. I had sufficient time to put the hat on while free falling and just made it safely.

20210516213252_1.thumb.jpg.2af69bd722a1e950e769926be147c320.jpg

To summarise,

- 60 seconds of use after putting your hat on.

- Top up back to 60 seconds after entering a vehicle.

- Another 60 seconds after exiting a vehicle and this is where it counts.

And here is another simple hat dye Mod for Admin to use. It does nothing special beyond giving a cosmetic feature and is aimed at players using God Mode.

Both are easy to detatch simply by removing the mod from the dye area or switching hats/helmets. In effect, an extra hat with the Parachute can be considered a mobile Parachute.

20210516221249_1.thumb.jpg.623164dc9ffe179fd5a645763a9ad61e.jpg

Can someone tell me what the redline of console text means?  When I get into and of the mog's vehicle it appears in the console (different for different mod vehicles)... couldn't find it in any of the mod's Config Folder XML files.  Sorry the screenshots (text is small, but Windows Magnifier should remedy it).

spacer.png

spacer.png

1 hour ago, AKMARK5000 said:

Can someone tell me what the redline of console text means?  When I get into and of the mog's vehicle it appears in the console (different for different mod vehicles)... couldn't find it in any of the mod's Config Folder XML files.  Sorry the screenshots (text is small, but Windows Magnifier should remedy it).

This red line of text tells us that a collision mesh that surrounds both vehicles is no longer used for the Unity Game Engine that 7D2D is built on. Unfortunately, this is something already built into both vehicles in the Vanilla game and not something that can be changed unless a deeper level of recoding was introduced should the model allow it. We reported this to the game developers and they have acknowledged it but it is not a priority issue. This is understandable because it is only used as a static lootable/scavengable prop. They were incredibly difficult to place at all but oakraven used a method which attached a different model and allowed them to be placed just like any other vehicle. The same applies for the Army Truck as well. Beyond this one warning when placed, there haven't appeared to be any performance issues related to it.

1 hour ago, arramus said:

This red line of text tells us that a collision mesh that surrounds both vehicles is no longer used for the Unity Game Engine that 7D2D is built on. Unfortunately, this is something already built into both vehicles in the Vanilla game and not something that can be changed unless a deeper level of recoding was introduced should the model allow it. We reported this to the game developers and they have acknowledged it but it is not a priority issue. This is understandable because it is only used as a static lootable/scavengable prop. They were incredibly difficult to place at all but oakraven used a method which attached a different model and allowed them to be placed just like any other vehicle. The same applies for the Army Truck as well. Beyond this one warning when placed, there haven't appeared to be any performance issues related to it.

Ok, thanks for explaining it to me... I have no issues performance, I was worried the red line text stuff would not allow 6 players into the vehicle, that's all... don't mind about looks too much.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2021 at 2:28 AM, AKMARK5000 said:

Snufkin's weapons and zombie mods had updates this month... what about the Snuflkin's vehicle mod?

The Snufkin's Community Pack Server Side Vehicles have received no updates since Feb 21, which saw the Shark Blimp attach to the 4x4 to give it more stability.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a small update to the Snufkin's Community Pack Server Side Vehicles.

https://github.com/arramus/Snufkin-CommunityPack-ServerSideVehicles-A19-2021June12

This update changes the recipe ingredients for a variety of vehicles that were very easy to manufacture and brings them more into balance with the regulars. Server Admin are typically knowledgeable with how to increase/decrease recipe demands as they become familiar with the code, whereas some of the most common requests were from players asking how to make it more difficult to create a Shark Blimp and vehicles of that nature. Server Admin were typically increasing the challenge anyway and can decrease where appropriate.

In addition, here is a new Blimp type vehicle that uses the power of flying Catfish to provide levitation. The Catfish were found by @oakraven in the game files and this brings them back into the game. Just a fun vehicle to add to the Shark Blimp and Bath Blimp (but with increased recipe requirements).

Twin engine Catfish Blimp.

20210612101450_1.thumb.jpg.187236bf1c3bf3b1d9eb9d1e271540b7.jpg

20210612101510_1.thumb.jpg.776e423cc98955619ee9ea1bc2d75a99.jpg

Players will sit on the push bar with feet inside.

20210612101622_1.thumb.jpg.1a8d46a2e73994e867b00c6712da803f.jpg

A lantern is hiding inside the cart rubbish pile and will add some localised illumination while the Catfish have a headlight beam each.

20210612101736_1.thumb.jpg.011069215aab9a144e971e2a70fb20b0.jpg

• 2 years later...

@arramus, any idea how to get this mod to work with A21?  I keep getting errors like:

2024-01-28T02:52:08 60.510 ERR Loading AssetBundle "C:/MyGames/7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie_Data/../Data/Bundles/Entities/Vehicles" failed: Parent folder not found!

whenever I try to place a hellbeast, assuming it will do the same for other vehicles.  I saw a post somewhere that said:

in entityclasses xml do a mass replace of # with @: and ? with /

items xml - #Other/Items? with @:Other/Items/

if you compare vanilla items.xml and entityclasses to yours you will see the above has changed. 

but this did not work.  Well, I was able to place the hellbeast, but not able to climb on it.

I'd super appreciate your help, ever since I started playing with this mod I really hate playing without the hell beast! :)

2 hours ago, Alan Lau said:

@arramus, any idea how to get this mod to work with A21?  I keep getting errors like:

This has been update to A21 and can be found here:

However, there remains a Known Issue that is on the game developers Known Issues Bug List.

The decorations on the Hell Beast and other vehicles is unable to show because the 'buff' that makes them attach to the vehicles is not functioning in A21.

It has been on the Known Issues Bug list for about 6 months. There have been no updates to rectify it.

It means you will get all the speed, jump, and handling of the Hell Beast but it will look just like a regular Motorbike.