Snufkin's Community Pack Server Side Vehicles

arramus

21 hours ago, PeNa1979 said:

Aha...so, if i understand it right, everything you add to the blimp, has no collision ? Then the adding od the second trashthing is useless...OK, i got that :) so we have to land carefully :)

Adding new features that use physics can cause this effect when people join with high ping and syncing gets odd.

20201119221101_1.thumb.jpg.a5ad220abd442196ebbd88c45369036e.jpg

20201119221105_1.thumb.jpg.defd3b336f492823f23f4a5f17a7f914.jpg

In this case though, oakraven added a very small metal attachment inside the new container. This will be like a stabiliser for landing and cause minimal issue.

20201120003324_1.thumb.jpg.b336e614c7e5e7f879b9ebad438a9040.jpg

This has replaced the Blimp in the most recent update so only people who had the earlier version need to download it again or wait until a future build.

1 hour ago, Crymson said:

Getting a spam error of "id=950 already exists" on my dedicated server.
Tracked it down to the vehicle storage id's any clue why we'd be seeing that?

It usually indicates a conflict with another mod or overhaul where an item has already been assigned that id number. It has been reported on the thread for the Xpansion Weapons that the WhiteRiverToC_Spirit_of_Vengence mod has the same loot 950 951 951.

@magejosh offered this solution in that instance and the same solution may well apply for your own possible conflict.

Ahh very cool, I did a grep through my mod folder and had found no reference for id=950 outside the vehicle mod which is why I asked. I really appreciate the quick response I wanted to make these available to my players and since I couldn't find a fix myself I came here.  Thanks again you rock!

A small stability fix and audio amendment.

Download: https://github.com/arramus/Snufkin-Community-Pack-Server-Side-Vehicles-A19-Stable-2020Nov21

The Battle Bus Drone vehicle used the Battle Bus prefab to provide collision. Unfortunately, this proves to be unstable due to syncing issues and may be caused by the complex animations of the drones. As such, the Battle Bus Prefab has been replaced by a couple of back seat engines. Anything given physics will shake, rattle, and roll until things are optimized but these engines look more in context and provide the necessary collision for the back of the bus to stop players walking through it.

Cow Head approves.

20201121190800_1.thumb.jpg.7a03b3aadad47f1fff5b13b9734be21a.jpg

10 hours ago, PeNa1979 said:

Have one more "idea" about updating the PenaAirship :

what about adding a third BigTrash between the two ? It doesnt need to have the collision part ! Only for the look of the whole airhip, like the bottom part is one big person carrier...

Thanks PeNa. Seeing as it is your namesake, I can only agree :)

I shall make sure it’s on the list of updates.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,i installed this mod on my server,i get this errors

2020-12-01T04:53:25 165.620 ERR Entity.CreateEntity: unknown type (-1) 
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at NetPackageVehicleSpawn.ProcessPackage (World _world, INetConnectionCallbacks _netConnectionCallback) [0x00021] in <2a506ca37a4c4916bbc3a64b89a45697>:0 
  at ConnectionManager.ProcessPackages (INetConnection _connection, NetPackageDirection _disallowedDirection) [0x000b2] in <2a506ca37a4c4916bbc3a64b89a45697>:0 
  at ConnectionManager.Update () [0x00053] in <2a506ca37a4c4916bbc3a64b89a45697>:0 

when i try to place the vehicles they just disappear.Any way i can fix this>?

Edited by AndrewDeMethill (see edit history)

@AndrewDeMethill Hello, and this is unfortunate because getting to the source of these issues can require a little detective work.

Could you share know more about which version of 7D2D you are running and any mods that are installed on your server? This will help consider if there are any mismatches or conflicts. 

@AndrewDeMethill Looks like a Linux setup which is something I cannot emulate to match the exact conditions. I could however join you in a server on a separate map and go through a process of addition and elimination until we spot any conflicting pairings. If we get to that stage, it may be possible to manually change any IDs/attributes which are not working well together. The vehicles use a container ID 950, 951, 952 I believe and that has caused conflict issues in the past. 

42 minutes ago, AndrewDeMethill said:

@arramus Im on desktop not on linux.The thing is, the mod works, i can see their crafting recipes,get them from creative but when i want to place them,they disappear

I hear ya, and some actions are governed by different processes like the crafting. I'd go with adding one by one in a new World until you hit issues.

Here are the steps I would take in your position.

1. Remove all mods except this vehicle mod. Check that it functions on its own in a new World without any NRE warnings.

2. Add in your server management mods and test again.

3. Continue this process one by one until you hit the NRE and report back with the details.

9 minutes ago, AndrewDeMethill said:

I don't get it either,its very odd because i tested the mods both on my dedicated server and on the paid one.On dedicated i got the railgun error that happens only with vehicles and on my paid 1 i get the mod to work but when i try to place vehicled from the mod down they disappear

I've never tested on a paid (just my home one), so can't help. I had my snufkin rail gun out last night and have several vehicles though without issues. I did have an interaction with the lootlist item numbers 950-951-952 (vehicles mod) and Darkness falls (edited to 76-77-78 and deleted the loot.xml add on). Tried them all via CM just to test before I used the mod but have only crafted the shark/blimp in my game. 

Edited by Dre (see edit history)

53 minutes ago, AndrewDeMethill said:

@arramusFound the problem,Snufkin_Weapons_Xpansion_A19_Stable_2020Nov23 breaks the vehicles mod

Excellent. You could find an initial common denominator.

Stage II:

1. Launch only Snufkin Weapons and Snufkin Vehicles on a new World to see if the issue persists..

2. If they launch well together without issue, start to add in an extra mod beginning with your Server Management mods as they will always be fundamental and see if and when a break appears.

The reason for testing this way is two fold:

a) The mods launch in alphabetical order and something coming before these two mods may take ID slots.

b) In the recent update post there is an entry stating - 'Replaced static NetPackage list with runtime dynamically assigned IDs for more flexibility'. I am wondering how this feature works and if it's related to this issue.

@Dre is certainly our expert on such issues as Dre's environment is not only multiple mods which are then futher customised, but also overhaul mods which effectively rewrite much of the data. As such, suggestions relating to IDs will probably hold true something in there and this is where Stage II suggestions are heading.

As for my own environment, I am currently running a pretty simple mod arrangement without any noticeable conflict including all the Snufkin mods:

Untitled.png.ff723b38a70e77b72172e9cc0c169320.png