I don't have the patience to complete tier five missions

ElCabong

20 hours ago, Tehnomaag said:

A fully combat specced character (steel armor, sledgehammer) does a lev 5 clear mission in about 30 minutes. With some variation depending on a POI. Let's call it "up to 45 minutes" to be on a safe side. 

Ofc a sneaker or not so combat focused character could spend hours on doing one, with all the auto agro rooms and then having to run away, stealth and wait for the zombies to settle down again and then circling back to get stealth kills on them. 

Hours? What are you smoking? Stealth is pretty quick - 1 shot kills and keep moving. Looting is the time consuming activity.

And I know it's all the rage on that other discussion but nobody "has" to run away and re-stealth.  I certainly never do, auto aggro rooms I just pullout the SMG for large crowds, otherwise the DV is fine.

1 hour ago, Krougal said:

Hours? What are you smoking? Stealth is pretty quick - 1 shot kills and keep moving. Looting is the time consuming activity.

And I know it's all the rage on that other discussion but nobody "has" to run away and re-stealth.  I certainly never do, auto aggro rooms I just pullout the SMG for large crowds, otherwise the DV is fine.

Kinda depends on the settings one is playing at. My time estimates are based on playing with few slider cranked somewhat up. For example zombie speed can make a quite large difference in a difficultly of a given POI if one encounters an auto aggro room. At some settings just standing your ground in a light armor against a green swarm rolling in your direction can be a bit riskier strategy than when they are moving a bit slower. 

And ofc we do not mine in our current game, wich is kind of self inflicted handicap, but ammo is kinda scarce still and reserved for situations where things get particularly hairy. 

1 minute ago, Tehnomaag said:

Kinda depends on the settings one is playing at. My time estimates are based on playing with few slider cranked somewhat up. For example zombie speed can make a quite large difference in a difficultly of a given POI if one encounters an auto aggro room. At some settings just standing your ground in a light armor against a green swarm rolling in your direction can be a bit riskier strategy than when they are moving a bit slower. 

And ofc we do not mine in our current game, wich is kind of self inflicted handicap, but ammo is kinda scarce still and reserved for situations where things get particularly hairy. 

Well yeah, settings make a lot of difference, so does gamestage. Not to mention your gear. Although by the time you are pulling t5 missions you should have good gear.

I don't think I have crafted a single round my current game and I use 9mm like it's going out of style. I've got a full box of brass but I'm too lazy to mine as well.

Well....on that other thread the fixed belief was that everybody "had" to pullout the SMG to handle those rooms-- that there was no other choice and stealth was invalidated. Now we know that you can do it how you like and nobody has to do it one way or another.

But if the perception is that the POI is taking too long to clear anyway then the SMG approach is most likely going to be the default tactic. :)

Guns of 'Rambo: First Blood Part II' (1985) | Range 365

Well yeah, settings make a lot of difference, so does gamestage. Not to mention your gear. Although by the time you are pulling t5 missions you should have good gear.

I don't think I have crafted a single round my current game and I use 9mm like it's going out of style. I've got a full box of brass but I'm too lazy to mine as well.

Well ... we have the loot quantity significantly reduced as well. If my memory serves me correct we are currently playing at 33% loot quantity. And delete_all_on_death provides a consistent item sink to avoid the game being "done" the second you get a good Q6 armor and weapon with the right mods. So yeah ... them settings. Cant really complain about them, since we choose to set them ourselves. We are currently a bit over 200h in on our current map and it is still going strong. Full winter biome, no roads, as rough as it gets so there are bottomless cracks everywhere, all the cities set to wasteland. Its amazing how "hostile" one can make a map with Nitrogen and few manual edits to the biomes image. 

Compopack as well. So its not really vanilla experience at this point. Some "designers" in the compopack have gone even crazier with auto agro volumes than the official vanilla poi's normally do. There are mansions with entire floors going bat@%$# crazy the second you set a foot on the stairs leading there and beeline straight to you from all over the building. Throwing 30+ green men at you all at once from all directions in gamestage 100+. 

2 hours ago, Roland said:

But if the perception is that the POI is taking too long to clear anyway then the SMG approach is most likely going to be the default tactic. :)

Because it takes so long anyway, i avoid stealth and I do the shotgun/M60 approach, just like your picture shows.

Go into the POI, shout, fire some bullets to wake everything in range up and let them come to me. Once my mate sneaked through the first room i already cleared out half the factory. ;)

I just run thru and punch everything in the face!

But yeah , T5 still takes awhile to clear out and loot fully...I usually just do T4...

My favorite ones to do are the Tudor Homes with the big library on the top floor

with lots of bookshelves and the vault underneath them

I would be okay with the time investment for POIs like the tall buildings if the quest would let me leave the area and come back. Do I really have to eat the 14-story office building in one bite? It was fine with a group of friends, but for solo play I'm probably going to need to logout because Real Life will get in the way. Unless it is a private game, I won't want to logout in the POI.

7 hours ago, zztong said:

I would be okay with the time investment for POIs like the tall buildings if the quest would let me leave the area and come back. Do I really have to eat the 14-story office building in one bite? It was fine with a group of friends, but for solo play I'm probably going to need to logout because Real Life will get in the way. Unless it is a private game, I won't want to logout in the POI.

Unfortunately you have to do the quest in one go.

You can't log out because that will terminate the quest and when you log in again you have to start over. Resuming the quest is not possible in the current quest system.
I only do T5 quests when I know I have enough time to complete them. As a single player I can pause the game if necessary but on a server this would not be possible either.

Archived