POIs are way too sturdy

Sjustus548

We have been using the same building for every blood moon base so far and we recently finished our night 77 blood moon.  The entire first floor is gone and the second and third floors are currently being supported by 2 small wooden poles and a window frame.  Zombies took out the garage and there were floating blocks left in the wake so I'm wondering if those blocks were taken out if the building would collapse or just float there.  Anyone know if the POIs will eventually follow the same laws of physics that player builds must abide by or if they will forever be above those laws?  

I've seen that happen too with blocks just floating there after a total collapse and I think it's just a random bug.

If you lose enough support at the bottom the whole thing is going to come crashing down.

You should always over engineer the bottom for a horde base with more reinforced concrete than you think you need.

2 hours ago, Sjustus548 said:

Anyone know if the POIs will eventually follow the same laws of physics that player builds must abide by or if they will forever be above those laws?  

Yes they do.

Only difference is, a poi may have invalid precalculated (or even not at all calculated) statics, but static is not calculated or even checked regularily. If the poi's precalculated statics are invalid, even placing (not just removing) a block may cause the POIs structural integrity to recalculate and then if it fails, collapse the whole poi.

Since the structure of your poi was already altered and it's still standing, it should be save so far.

The floating blocks are afaik a bug. From my observations, water is buggy all over. If you collapse a skyscraper, some floating blocks will remain, and ALL the water blocks.

Don't know how it was in A16. I let celltowers and the crane on the cunstruction site collapse multiple times since... A17? Worked. I also blew up the dishong tower in A19, also worked, besides some already mentioned floating blocks and all the water.

But be aware it took my Ryzen 2700X almost an hour (realtime, not ingame!) until the dishong tower was completely collapsed. ;)

I find it cathartic to use the dev AK to obliterate the lowest layer of blocks on POIs and watch them collapse into rubble. Quite often I will (apparently) destroy an entire layer of blocks for a house yet the now-decapitated top of the house remains standing. On closer inspection I will find some half-block, or maybe a single doorframe which is supporting the weight of the house. Also sometimes the falling debris creates new blocks that will then save the rest of the house.

On 9/16/2020 at 8:27 PM, Liesel Weppen said:

Yes they do.

Only difference is, a poi may have invalid precalculated (or even not at all calculated) statics, but static is not calculated or even checked regularily. If the poi's precalculated statics are invalid, even placing (not just removing) a block may cause the POIs structural integrity to recalculate and then if it fails, collapse the whole poi.

Since the structure of your poi was already altered and it's still standing, it should be save so far.

The floating blocks are afaik a bug. From my observations, water is buggy all over. If you collapse a skyscraper, some floating blocks will remain, and ALL the water blocks.

I can confirm, i made a base out of a poi i found on a hill and as i digged out the dirt around the building the top part of the roof just broke. Its even visible on the pictures i posted how it just missing.

Archived