A Joke

CaptainDeadpool2020

So...... I've Just had my best 7 Days To Die save ever, with over 111 hours spent working on, with an absolute mountain of horded supplies and resources stored in, RESET. I built, in the middle of no where, so no prefab buildings to glitch magically back into existence in place of where my building was. Not even a tree was in the area. It was that empty. I created what was in the process of completing the best 7 Days build I've ever done and over the years I've played this game on Xbox, I've clocked some serious time and experience. My structure was both above and below ground level. I was so proud of how it was going. Only for the game to crash, many crashes along the way to get to this point, but I persevered and kept giving the game the benefit of the doubt and loading in again and again and again to carry on. Then..... last nights crash was the last straw. Upon reloading, I was heartbroken to find that a massive area had reset to its pre-build state. To make matters worse, this section, was almost smack dab in the middle of my compound. This just so happened to be where my work room was. Housing all my fully stocked forges. My storage. My horded items from countless raids of the central city and so much scavenging it's not funny. All my guns, ammo, tools, clothes and armour, along with all my tokens (over 70,000). Everything.  Gone. 

Now, I've had minor issues with 7 Days prior to this. I'm aware that it's "not complete" but for some reason is still charging people full game price. In my opinion, this game is riddled with bugs for the console and years behind P.C in updates and new exiting content. And most important of all, JUST COST ME EVERYTHING I HAD!!!.MY STUFF!!!!!!!

As a result, I want an answer from the creators for their actions, or lack there of. I got my computer to Google and find a way to reach out and contact Fun Pimps, this is the only method available I could find. I don't want to hear "we're a p.c developer, not console" - You guys launched in on console and therefore took on the responsibility of creating matching content just as detailed and enjoyable as the p.c. None of this sob story about loosing the rights, you went out of your way to get them back, thus, in my opinion, openly choosing to take on the responsibility, again. Fun Pimps seem to have dropped work on the console version like a hot potato in order to work solely on the p.c version, despite the still thriving community that is STILL WAITING for an update/desperately needed huge bug fix for heading for 4 YEARS. The game is still not "complete" for console. And as I have been very painfully reminded, is still full of glitches and issues that can ruin the experience of the game.

Fun Pimps - Either sell the rights for the console to a team/ developer who will actually do it justice and get it up to speck (at least fixing the bugs that ruin game play). Which the console community more than deserve AND HAVE PAID FOR.

Or get your act together and do the work required. You appear happy to make money from the console community but it's not even a complete product and full of bugs, doesn't seem fair to me. 

FUN PIMPS, DO SOMETHING!!!!

Don't get me wrong, I agree they should have found a way to fix the damn glitches at the very least. Especially for Xbox players with that MD5 error that seems to have hit you.

But, they've announced quite some time ago that console was basically done. They never promised/guaranteed to match console to PC, and honestly, console never could achieve that anyway. Hard to use Modern Lights without crashing, so electricity would've blew the console up lol.

Telltale made the choice to attempt at updates, otherwise, the game was indeed sold as complete. Those who watched PC players and based console off that seem to always misunderstand that. I think I did read before they tried to help, but helping console while working on PC took too much effort with limited resources, which is why Telltale and Iron Galaxy was there for it.

TFP admitted they @%$#ed up by ever agreeing to port the game to console, and definitely paid for it. But they couldn't have known Telltale would've collapsed on itself either. I can't really fault them on that part. I do think they could've been a bit more damn sorry about how console got @%$#ed over, and not basically chuckle and say buy it on PC.

Does this excuse the price of the game as of today? Hell no.

Will it change? Probably Hell no to that too unless there's a sale. 

I stand by my words long time ago that they could have at least found a way to fix some of the glitches and not completely ignored the fact their product with their name and reputation on it is still out there broken. You would think they'd try something based on that.

I do completely sympathize for you. I truly do. I spend countless hours hording, building, etc myself, and to have it simply wipe out would be beyond devastating. I'm not familiar with Xbox, but PS does save in an online storage. In the past I was able to download the save from there. Any chance you have an option like that, that might bring you to your game before the glitch may have happened?

On 9/13/2020 at 5:43 AM, CaptainDeadpool2020 said:

Look, it's another (I'm assuming) P.C gamer who likes to feel superior.

I'm new to this site and was doing something called venting. It's what people tend to do when they're enraged. 

Please, if I missed a fix or solution to the bugs my game suffers from, by all means, point them out to me.

Yeah the console section is full of neckbeards bragging about their PCs like they don't have anything better to do, just have to ignore them.

Anyways, about the fix I've tried building a house from scratch and having stuff in a pre-made house but it all got rolled back during the crash/glitch. However I found that if you use a pre-made house as your place to live and put chest/valuables in empty spaces of the house it's possible the roll back won't roll  back those chunks since there was nothing to roll back. Use regular storage chest and not the large containers as storage though. Don't know why but the bigger ones tend to always get deleted. So for example I have my chests scattered throughout the living next to a sofa (rather than destroying the sofa and putting the chest in it's place) and also putting them on the walls will help too. As long as there was nothing in the space prior to being placed they're less likely to roll back. The reason why I think pre-made houses survive better is because grass, terrain and trees get replaced during the rollback so if you built a custom house even if it's in the middle of no where the terrain didn't have that there before so it resets. Where as inside the house you don't have to worry about grass or trees.

Another fix is... refund. Honestly you have the right to request it since it's an unfinished/abandoned product that does not function properly anymore and no longer will have support or updates. I can forgive their situation cause they didn't know Telltale would go under and they would be left with a console port they can't update and don't know how to do that if they wanted to. But leaving the game up on the marketplace, at THAT price, knowing full well they're not touching the console versions anymore is suspect as hell. They have the rights to the console ports now, they can take it down if they wanted to or at least drop the price so it could just be a fun... play until you glitch out, then stop playing experience. 

The only reason I could see other than greed, as to why it's still up on the market despite being unplayable and lacking support, is they might be hoping some other company comes along to offer to take over the console ports for them and finish them? Maybe Undead Labs? Although they're under Microsoft. Deep Silver? Mad Dogs? Techland? Honestly it wouldn't matter to me as long as it got an update.

And for the hardcore fanboys who are relentlessly defending this game on all these upset post over this. Chill. We're here on the forums because yes we are mad about the console dickery. But we're here cause we LIKE the game. We WANT it to be finished and playable cause it is fun. If this was just a @%$#ty game we wouldn't be here asking what the hell is going on. We'd just label it hot garbage and move on. That's what is so frustrating, it is a good game stuck behind a hurdle that is preventing people from really enjoying it.

On 9/14/2020 at 2:18 AM, Jysen said:

TFP admitted they @%$#ed up by ever agreeing to port the game to console

TFP admitted no such thing nor do they even now believe that porting 7 Days to Die to console was a mistake. The game was released as a complete game experience as it was at that stage of development. It ended up being one of Telltale's best selling games though not enough to save them in the end. TFP did lament the fact that TellTale's closure caused a lot of problems but that is a far cry from admitting to having made a mistake by porting the game. That was a good deal and despite the complaints we read a lot here where complainers are directed to come, there were many many happy customers who absolutely loved all their time spent with 7 Days to Die on their consoles.

On 9/21/2020 at 2:12 AM, Slevin424 said:

Another fix is... refund. Honestly you have the right to request it since it's an unfinished/abandoned product that does not function properly anymore and no longer will have support or updates.

Not likely able to get a refund unless you you get it within the time limit your online store normally allows for recently purchased digital games. Despite the anger of people that the console version did not keep up with the PC version, the fact is it was never promised that it would. The game was sold as a complete and finished game independent of the PC version and based upon the the Alpha 14/15 snapshot. There are many games on the market that are not considered abandonware and they are sold as is without any future updates planned. Games aren't automatically entitled to receive ongoing updates. In the case of 7 Days to Die, there were some updates planned but they were not necessary to finish the game, they were just additional content and bug fixes. But the game as is, is not only finished but also ratified and certified by Sony and Microsoft who won't let any game or update launch unless it passes their stringent standards.

So you may not believe the game is done but it was advertized as being done by Telltale who published it and ratified done by Microsoft and Sony who continue to sell it. The Fun Pimps got the rights back not so they could finish an already finished product, but so they would be able to put out a future version based on the completed PC version which HAS BEEN advertized as unfinished for the past seven years.

On 9/21/2020 at 2:12 AM, Slevin424 said:

The only reason I could see other than greed, as to why it's still up on the market despite being unplayable and lacking support, is they might be hoping some other company comes along to offer to take over the console ports for them and finish them? Maybe Undead Labs? Although they're under Microsoft. Deep Silver? Mad Dogs? Techland? Honestly it wouldn't matter to me as long as it got an update.

No. Even if a company came along at this point and said they would take over the current version, they wouldn't do it as it would delay the release of the PC version because they would have to split the team to have some go and work with the new console team. If the game is priced at whatever price the market supports. If the game were bargain bin fodder it would have a bargain bin price. The glitches are not universal. Plenty of people have a full and fun experience and feel the $40 was a bargain for the entertainment value they are getting from the game.

There will be no further updates for the current version. There is no scenario that makes it happen other than visiting an alternate universe where Telltale stayed in business and bringing back one of those copies.

2 hours ago, Roland said:

There will be no further updates for the current version. There is no scenario that makes it happen other than visiting an alternate universe where Telltale stayed in business and bringing back one of those copies.

That kinda implies inter-dimensional piracy because it clearly wouldn't work with DRM so that's Not Okay.

I guess the heart wants what the heart wants.  Speaking of which, I wonder  how many hearts that are wanting more updates realize they are asking for the end of spam crafting and LBD, the return of digging zombies, the loot progression, and the new pathing rules...

On 9/23/2020 at 6:49 AM, mr.devolver said:

$24.99 for A19.1 vs $40 for A15? That's a no brainer and I would certainly always get the latter.

You want A15 console version? The one that doesn't work? I know A15 has some awesome fun things in it that got ironed out later on PC but the console version A15 is currently unplayable. @Roland they did promise updates and support though which they delivered on as our console version saw at least a couple updates. But at the current state with the game breaking glitch that rolls ALL your environments back to the original state when the server was created (basically deleting all your progress as far as loot, collectibles and resources) with no support to fix it, then yes that is an unfinished broken game. Which is all I really want. I don't care about updates that add new stuff or NPCs or fancy new zombies I just want it to be playable. You'd think that shouldn't be too much to ask for but there's no one to ask if they can do that now, hence the abandoned comment. Sadly it's a $40 game that you can play for maybe a few days then have the game say "Now start all over again!" Which gets rather annoying. At least your character/skills and talents don't get reset but losing pretty much all your resources from your forge, weapons, custom made house and hard to obtain items is a kick in the nuts every time.

10 hours ago, Slevin424 said:

You want A15 console version? The one that doesn't work? I know A15 has some awesome fun things in it that got ironed out later on PC but the console version A15 is currently unplayable. @Roland they did promise updates and support though which they delivered on as our console version saw at least a couple updates. But at the current state with the game breaking glitch that rolls ALL your environments back to the original state when the server was created (basically deleting all your progress as far as loot, collectibles and resources) with no support to fix it, then yes that is an unfinished broken game. Which is all I really want. I don't care about updates that add new stuff or NPCs or fancy new zombies I just want it to be playable. You'd think that shouldn't be too much to ask for but there's no one to ask if they can do that now, hence the abandoned comment. Sadly it's a $40 game that you can play for maybe a few days then have the game say "Now start all over again!" Which gets rather annoying. At least your character/skills and talents don't get reset but losing pretty much all your resources from your forge, weapons, custom made house and hard to obtain items is a kick in the nuts every time.

Why is it always "they" when someone claims "they promised"? Why is it never ever a clear statement, like either "TFP promised..." or "Telltale promised..."? (hint: Only one of the two statements is correct but it makes the promise argument a lot weaker)

21 hours ago, Slevin424 said:

Sadly it's a $40 game that you can play for maybe a few days then have the game say "Now start all over again!" Which gets rather annoying.

I'm sorry that this has been your experience but it isn't everyone's. I have seen youtube videos of console gameplay and it is way past day 100. The problems are not universal and there are posted workarounds-- particularly what you should and should not do immediately following a crash in order to avoid the issue. It seems very widespread but that is because this is the only place to come to complain so we get the all the complaints here. In other outlets we get almost zero posts about bugs. All of those posts are asking for A17 A18 and A19 for the console. So those people seem to be playing just fine and only want new content.

Either way, nothing more is coming to this version. Your best protest would be to say no to whatever future version comes out-- unless it looks like too much fun to do without...

Archived