Romero Mod - A game mode/suite of zombie tweaks

KhaineGB

Well I think I found the problem. The mod is zipped in the following structure on the launcher 

C:\7D2D\Saves\Backups\Romero Mod\Romero Mod

Backup is unattached to the 7 days folder with the game. It may still work but i am too much of a noob to know about such things....

2 hours ago, Zarzthor said:

As for my efforts to remove the HP bars that has worked but the trader compound is still destructible even with everything I can find related to the trader in the 2SCore folder, blocks.xml file set to false.  I looked in the other files but don't see anything trader related that would make the trader compound invulnerable again.

Sorry about the wrong folder name. I haven't played the A20 version yet but figured it would be the same folder structure. For the trader invulnerability, I'm thinking you might have to regenerate the trader locations that you've been to, but I'm not sure. Maybe wait for Khaine to get back on.

Edited by seven (see edit history)

1 hour ago, seven said:

Sorry about the wrong folder name. I haven't played the A20 version yet but figured it would be the same folder structure. For the trader invulnerability, I'm thinking you might have to regenerate the trader locations that you've been to, but I'm not sure. Maybe wait for Khaine to get back on.

No problem.  Tried starting a new game and trader still destructible, so I'm at a loss.  Guess I'll just deal with it.  Wouldn't be so bad if trader compounds weren't trash bases that are instantly breached.  Played it as Khaine intended on the A19 version and go tired of getting beat like a piñata every time I went to the trader and got into a trade menu.  Especially in the winter and wasteland, died so many times to dogs and bears.

1 hour ago, KhaineGB said:

Just install it manually. It's not hard

Lol quite, as easy as copying and pasting a directory!  I have never used a mod launcher myself personally though I probably would find the mod update aspects of one useful, sometimes it's a little hard to keep track of who has updated what when loads of mods are used.  For an overhaul mod though it makes more sense imo to just do it manually.

On 2/3/2022 at 11:56 PM, KhaineGB said:

Just install it manually. It's not hard

I know its not hard. but I play several different mods at once. The mod launcher makes everything simple. And both romero and DF worked before in the A19.6 version on mod launcher. And yes I could just make my own copies of the different mods and create shortcuts to them on my desktop. But The ML also provides automatic updates and news. Cant get that with desktop shortcuts. Plus IMO the Mod Launcher is absolutely the greatest tool created for 7 Days to die. Not greater than the mods themselves mind you, mod creators are champions of the industry. Especially because I HATE vanilla 7. All the great mods end up there eventually so please consider a restructer. I LIVE for DARKNESS FALLS. of my 4000 hours in 7 at least half are in your stellar mod. I so hope you will make that one compatible with the mod launcher. And I like romero as well. So I am throwing myself on your mercy.

Edited by Bigrowdy (see edit history)

5 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Counterpoint.

No offense to sphereii, but the mod launcher has been a literal thorn in my side, because people just let mods update and ASSUME the game also updates (it doesn't) and then complain when it doesn't work.

So a manual install would fix this problem?

6 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Counterpoint.

No offense to sphereii, but the mod launcher has been a literal thorn in my side, because people just let mods update and ASSUME the game also updates (it doesn't) and then complain when it doesn't work.

I would also add that having a basic understanding of the mods you are installing helps in the long run.  Dealing with multiple errors because you just throw every mod into the folder not determining if they been tested to work with the current version or conflicts with other mods out there can become a long drawn out activity of frustration and asking why your game is not working correctly.

I use the launcher to create copies of the main 7D2D game, but I do the manual install of the mods.

22 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

I would also add that having a basic understanding of the mods you are installing helps in the long run.  Dealing with multiple errors because you just throw every mod into the folder not determining if they been tested to work with the current version or conflicts with other mods out there can become a long drawn out activity of frustration and asking why your game is not working correctly.

I use the launcher to create copies of the main 7D2D game, but I do the manual install of the mods.

I have been modding games since 2001. So i have complete knowledge of what I am doing. Also I have never had a single problem using the mod launcher. Not one. 

I really didn't expect this resistance for such a great tool. The romero mod is there when you DL it on the launcher its just not in the right folder structure.

Guess I'll fix it myself. Or stick with the mods that are already working perfectly fine. 

1 hour ago, Bigrowdy said:

Can I assume then that you wont bother with the mod launcher for A20 Darkness Falls?

I'll be making and providing an XML file for the launcher because people complain if I don't.

But my stance of "Don't use it. Manually install" will always remain, and will always be my first recommendation in tech support cases.

1 hour ago, KhaineGB said:

I'll be making and providing an XML file for the launcher because people complain if I don't.

But my stance of "Don't use it. Manually install" will always remain, and will always be my first recommendation in tech support cases.

ok. Thank you.

• 1 month later...

It was my favorite mod. On version 19.6 everything was fine. Now on 20 unfortunately I have a blood moon on the 7th day, all animals and a spiders appear. It should be? I have disabled blood moon in options. Shots to the head, and the rest are working. Installed manually. Any ideas?

• 4 weeks later...

I've been trying now for 3hrs to install Romero Mod from the Launcher, both the older version and the new one.  I've used my GF's machine to install on there too (she runs the games) but I'm now so frustrated as it is only installing A20.3 Vanilla.

AAaaaaaarrrrrgggggghhhhhh!!!!

Please, can someone help?

Thank you

Make that 6 more attempts trying to follow instructions from various sources including the video Khaine did.  Instructions say 2 folders including Data file but that isn't in the Zip File.

Windows PC, tried A20.1 Stable as well as A20.3 (I've seen Grand Spartan using A20.3).

I can see no instructions directly related to Romero, only Darkness Falls but same/similar principle.

I feel really lame here.

Edited by iz2tricky
Further attempts to get it working. (see edit history)

On 4/6/2022 at 5:25 PM, iz2tricky said:

I've been trying now for 3hrs to install Romero Mod from the Launcher, both the older version and the new one.  I've used my GF's machine to install on there too (she runs the games) but I'm now so frustrated as it is only installing A20.3 Vanilla.

AAaaaaaarrrrrgggggghhhhhh!!!!

Please, can someone help?

Thank you

Make that 6 more attempts trying to follow instructions from various sources including the video Khaine did.  Instructions say 2 folders including Data file but that isn't in the Zip File.

Windows PC, tried A20.1 Stable as well as A20.3 (I've seen Grand Spartan using A20.3).

I can see no instructions directly related to Romero, only Darkness Falls but same/similar principle.

I feel really lame here.

1. Go to the folder path that Romero Mod was installed to

2. create a folder named "Mods"

3. go to .\TempMods\0-RomeroModA20.git\

4. copy and paste all folders/files from above to your new Mods folder

5 hours ago, Stoudtlr said:

1. Go to the folder path that Romero Mod was installed to

2. create a folder named "Mods"

3. go to .\TempMods\0-RomeroModA20.git\

4. copy and paste all folders/files from above to your new Mods folder

Thank you but this is not making sense to me.

Using the Mod Launcher, I used Steam Version of Alpha 20 and another time I used one already create as the base to use.  It was saved to D:\7D2D\Alpha20\Romero.

(a)  I also downloaded the mod directly just in case, which came through as RomeroModA20-main with a folder inside this called RomeroModA20-main and inside this, see attached.  There was nothing saying what you have said above.

(b)  I have found the TempMods folder and done as you said and it loaded the normal 7D2D game.  I launched this from both the Launcher and the .exe file within the main folder just to make sure.

(c)  I have already tried putting the downloaded file in (a) into a "Mods" folder as per Khaine's instructions on this discussion.

I know I'm missing something, this is why I've written the above as I have.  Going to try again and think of something I've not done correctly.

Thank you for your input Stoudtlr, it helped me look harder and better.

===========================================================

Thank you, this makes sense.  Going to try it if doesn't work this time.

Very much appreciated Gamida.  It may be that I've used the whole folder rather than just these which is causing the issue although the Mod Launcher didn't have all of these folders in it.

Romero_Mod_Folders.jpg

7D2D-Menu-Should_Be_Romero.jpg

Edited by iz2tricky
Additional Information supplied before I had refreshed window. (see edit history)

Here is my full folder for the game. As you can see there is the Mods folder to the left and at the right you can see all the folders/files in it. That is all I needed to play it.

One thing you may notice and it doesn't affect the game is I have my game folder called A20 Romero Mod as I have multiple copies of the game on my drive. Yours will most likely just say 7 Days To Die

image.png.c30993c54b02a6a1199cf6b4fd23dc94.png

Sorry if it seems like I am throwing so much info at you but I just hate someone having a problem playing this game because of technical snafu. You should be killing zombies not going through this. :)

Edited by Gamida (see edit history)

25 minutes ago, iz2tricky said:

Thank you but this is not making sense to me.

Using the Mod Launcher, I used Steam Version of Alpha 20 and another time I used one already create as the base to use.  It was saved to D:\7D2D\Alpha20\Romero.

(a)  I also downloaded the mod directly just in case, which came through as RomeroModA20-main with a folder inside this called RomeroModA20-main and inside this, see attached.  There was nothing saying what you have said above.

(b)  I have found the TempMods folder and done as you said and it loaded the normal 7D2D game.  I launched this from both the Launcher and the .exe file within the main folder just to make sure.

(c)  I have already tried putting the downloaded file in (a) into a "Mods" folder as per Khaine's instructions on this discussion.

I know I'm missing something, this is why I've written the above as I have.  Going to try again and think of something I've not done correctly.

Thank you for your input Stoudtlr, it helped me look harder and better.

===========================================================

Thank you, this makes sense.  Going to try it if doesn't work this time.

Very much appreciated Gamida.  It may be that I've used the whole folder rather than just these which is causing the issue although the Mod Launcher didn't have all of these folders in it.

Romero_Mod_Folders.jpg

7D2D-Menu-Should_Be_Romero.jpg

On a fresh install of Romero from the launcher your folder structure looks like the below picture.  Notice you have a TempMods folder, but no Mods folder? That's the issue.  Create the "Mods" folder.

spacer.png

Then copy the below files from .\TempMods\0-RomeroModA20.git into the "Mods" folder that you created.

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, Gamida said:

Here is my full folder for the game. As you can see there is the Mods folder to the left and at the right you can see all the folders/files in it. That is all I needed to play it.

One thing you may notice and it doesn't affect the game is I have my game folder called A20 Romero Mod as I have multiple copies of the game on my drive. Yours will most likely just say 7 Days To Die

image.png.c30993c54b02a6a1199cf6b4fd23dc94.png

Sorry if it seems like I am throwing so much info at you but I just hate someone having a problem playing this game because of technical snafu. You should be killing zombies not going through this. :)

Giving this a go Gamida

Stoudtlr, I put one in, mine showed as yours is but it didn't work.  Doing it with new install, follow the layout of Gamida's and make a cup of tea.

Will let you know how badly I do 🙂 and how the folder structure ends up if one of the ways does work.

You two are stars.

5 minutes ago, iz2tricky said:

Giving this a go Gamida

Stoudtlr, I put one in, mine showed as yours is but it didn't work.  Doing it with new install, follow the layout of Gamida's and make a cup of tea.

Will let you know how badly I do 🙂 and how the folder structure ends up if one of the ways does work.

You two are stars.

Fingers crossed for you.

Also another thing not in my pic is the files below the folder MonoBleedingEdge

image.png.3e6023d85f84e366695cb2c83c764744.png

They would be there anyway and wasn't relevant to what I was showing also I didn't want to make the pic huge :)

If it still doesn't work see if it is possible to post a pic of you file structure showing the Mods folder.

Edited by Gamida (see edit history)