Jump to content

Romero Mod - A game mode/suite of zombie tweaks


KhaineGB
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 3 weeks later...

Hiya KhaineGB !

 

Hope you are well, I have been using your mod in my Day of the Dead pack on Nexus (full credit given to you!) 

Awesome mod by the way! I have just registered today so I would like to give you a massive thanks!

 

I was just wondering what changes you made to your 19.4 version to make it 19.5 compatible?

I have not moved to 19.5 as I am still in the middle of changes and do not want to disrupt that yet in case 19.5 requires a lot more tweaking.

It would be great if you could let me know what you tweaked to make it compatible for 19.5?

 

many thanks!

V

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awesome thanks mate! Without your update, I was screwed! Thank you so much for keeping it up to date!!

I pushed out the same update for my mod and it works a treat.

Again, cannot thank you enough for that mod, just brilliant, it inspired me to start building my own! (My Day of the Dead pack is my first ever mod, building on top of yours).

cheers

V

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi KhaineGB !

 

I do have a few more questions about your mod if you have time. 😀

 

  • Are you able to let me know more about what changes were done to GAMESTAGES.XML ? I have been comparing the files but was hoping to hear from you direct, because it is quite a long file. What I am finding that blood moon night is actually the most quiet period! I have hordes of zombies during the day and lots during a normal night, but once I get to blood moon night, it drops right off. This is especially obvious if you set the blood moon to every night. I get an initial rush, and then the rest of the night is quiet. What I am hoping to do is restore the blood moon continual rushes but using normal zombies only. So I have replaced all ferals and spider zombies with normal zombies to try and achieve that effect. But maybe your changes to GAMESTAGES are still limiting the zombie rushes. I can see you have reduced the Diminishing Returns, but I am still working out what you did with the rest of the GAMESTAGES.XML.
  • As you noted previously - by default Blood Moon phase occurs at 7 days, even though it says DISABLED. You have to specifically change it to 0 days, as noted. I did try to get to the bottom of that and I think the game is hardwired to start the default at 7 days blood moon. So I actually restored the Blood Moon to its original setting (via the UI files) so you can enable or disable as you like, and this seems to work fine, except for the fact that Blood Moon night is quiet. I guess my question is, if I restored the original GAMESTAGES.XML to what is in 19.5, is that all I need to do to return Blood Moons to continual rushes? (given that I have replaced most SPIDER and FERAL zombies with regular zombies)
     
  • This question comes up a lot: You have changed the UI to fix the Night Zombie walking speed at WALK in the menu. But at night, the zombies clearly move faster than in the day!! Are you able to let me know a little bit more about this? It is like the Blood Moon DISABLED quirk: It says WALK, you cannot change it, but they appear to almost run at night. (Which I don't mind but just want to understand a little more about how this was modified)
  • I notice the wooden spikes are invincible against the 2 flamethrowers in my pack, and weapons as well. I can destroy them with axes, but they seem immune to other weapons.  Would you know any reason for this?

Sorry for all the question, but really keen to understand a bit more, rather than just reverse engineering your code and guessing.... 

 

Many thanks!!!!
Vampiricon
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

PS, I did a test by just removing your GAMESTAGES.XML file so it would pick up the default - and setting Blood Moon to every night. I got about 3 lone zombies each Blood Moon night and they were all walking. So that was odd. I even went out walking and there were no zombies around. So there is obviously more to it than that 🙃

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Hey khaine, i like your idea of old school zombie apocalipse, just wandering, will your overhaul work along with mods that adds new zombies, like enZombies or snuffkin? would love to see more variety in the hordes. Thanks for all the work youve done.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/8/2021 at 2:03 AM, Vampiricon999 said:

Hi KhaineGB !

 

I do have a few more questions about your mod if you have time. 😀

 

  • Are you able to let me know more about what changes were done to GAMESTAGES.XML ? I have been comparing the files but was hoping to hear from you direct, because it is quite a long file. What I am finding that blood moon night is actually the most quiet period! I have hordes of zombies during the day and lots during a normal night, but once I get to blood moon night, it drops right off. This is especially obvious if you set the blood moon to every night. I get an initial rush, and then the rest of the night is quiet. What I am hoping to do is restore the blood moon continual rushes but using normal zombies only. So I have replaced all ferals and spider zombies with normal zombies to try and achieve that effect. But maybe your changes to GAMESTAGES are still limiting the zombie rushes. I can see you have reduced the Diminishing Returns, but I am still working out what you did with the rest of the GAMESTAGES.XML.
  • As you noted previously - by default Blood Moon phase occurs at 7 days, even though it says DISABLED. You have to specifically change it to 0 days, as noted. I did try to get to the bottom of that and I think the game is hardwired to start the default at 7 days blood moon. So I actually restored the Blood Moon to its original setting (via the UI files) so you can enable or disable as you like, and this seems to work fine, except for the fact that Blood Moon night is quiet. I guess my question is, if I restored the original GAMESTAGES.XML to what is in 19.5, is that all I need to do to return Blood Moons to continual rushes? (given that I have replaced most SPIDER and FERAL zombies with regular zombies)
     
  • This question comes up a lot: You have changed the UI to fix the Night Zombie walking speed at WALK in the menu. But at night, the zombies clearly move faster than in the day!! Are you able to let me know a little bit more about this? It is like the Blood Moon DISABLED quirk: It says WALK, you cannot change it, but they appear to almost run at night. (Which I don't mind but just want to understand a little more about how this was modified)
  • I notice the wooden spikes are invincible against the 2 flamethrowers in my pack, and weapons as well. I can destroy them with axes, but they seem immune to other weapons.  Would you know any reason for this?

Sorry for all the question, but really keen to understand a bit more, rather than just reverse engineering your code and guessing.... 

 

Many thanks!!!!
Vampiricon
 

 

1) IIRC the gamestages change was JUST for wandering hordes. Bloodmoon was untouched as the intent of this mod pack is for bloodmoon to be OFF (and I have found a way to enforce that as well).
2) No idea.
3) I need to look into that as it seems that the game just overrides the setting and goes with whatever it thinks the default is.
4) No idea. Depends how your flamethrower works.

 

On 7/2/2021 at 4:45 PM, caerro said:

Hey khaine, i like your idea of old school zombie apocalipse, just wandering, will your overhaul work along with mods that adds new zombies, like enZombies or snuffkin? would love to see more variety in the hordes. Thanks for all the work youve done.


In THEORY.... yes. But I can't promise anything. It may need some tweaks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, madtag76 said:

Hi Kaine.  Zombies are still running at night even thought the setting is walk.  Any idea why?

I figured it out.  I re-installed the mod and this time I did not update Spherell Core.  I guess this was the reason. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey Kaine.

 

Just started using your mod and having a great time - it's completely changed my playstyle which is what I wanted.  I have a quick question and a weird bug - question is, have you removed Trader protection in the mod?  For some reason I'm able to destroy things and zombies attacking the trader post aren't causing the usual alarm to sound.  The bug is - for some reason I have 2 copies of the trader NPC spawning in the trading post offering different inventories and different missions.  I'm only using a couple of additional modlets and nothing that should be affecting traders in any way.  Is this a known issue or just some random individual weirdness?  Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2020 at 11:56 AM, caerro said:

Hey, i like the idea of old school zombies, ran into something though, backpack buttons seems to be overlapping in mi game, vanilla buttons are there altogether with the modded  ones, theres a way i can fix this so i can have only one of both? im not using the mod manager btw.

Overlapp.png


I'm not sure how to tag people, but also omegarte mentioned this issue.

Khaine offered a quick attempt at a fix
 

Quote

Try deleting the backpack buttons folder from Mods.

I'll double check later and see if I accidentally modded the XML with it and also added the modlet (which is possible cos i'm dumb sometimes) but that should sort it.


I finally started trying this mod yesterday in 19.5, and ran into the same problem.  I am using the mod launcher, and here is how I fixed it:
1) I added Khaine's Lockable Slots mod (because I love it and I'm used to it from my normal 7D2D game.
2) I removed the inventory buttons that are added in the core RomeroMod.  Here's how:

Go in to \Mods\1-RomeroModCore\Config\XUi\windows.xml
You will see 
 

<configs>
	<!-- Backpack Buttons mod -->
	<append xpath="/windows/window[@name='windowBackpack']/panel[@name='header']">
		<button depth="3" name="btnStashAll" style="icon30px, press, hover" pivot="center" pos="281,-21" sprite="manux_ui_game_symbol_basket" tooltip_key="lblStashAll" sound="[paging_click]" visible="{lootingorvehiclestorage}" />
		<button depth="3" name="btnStashFillStacks" style="icon30px, press, hover" pivot="center" pos="317,-21" sprite="manux_ui_game_symbol_stash_all_but_first" tooltip_key="lblStashFillStacks" sound="[paging_click]" visible="{lootingorvehiclestorage}" />
		<button depth="3" name="btnStashSmart" style="icon30px, press, hover" pivot="center" pos="353,-21" sprite="manux_ui_game_symbol_stash_all" tooltip_key="lblStashSmart" sound="[paging_click]" visible="{lootingorvehiclestorage}" />
		<combobox name="cbxLockedSlots" type="ComboBoxInt" pos="374, -6" width="140" height="30" value_min="0" value_max="45" value_wrap="true" value_increment="1" tooltip_key="xuiStashLockedSlots" visible="{lootingorvehiclestorage}" />
	</append>

... then the custom logo mod


That is the code that is putting in the overlapping buttons, and since I have the newer Lockable Slots mod, I don't need these...so here's how I fixed it by commenting out the backpack buttons part.  You should be able to just delete that part between the <configs> line and the comment about the custom logo though.

 

<configs>
	<!-- Backpack Buttons mod -->
	<!--append xpath="/windows/window[@name='windowBackpack']/panel[@name='header']">
		<button depth="3" name="btnStashAll" style="icon30px, press, hover" pivot="center" pos="281,-21" sprite="manux_ui_game_symbol_basket" tooltip_key="lblStashAll" sound="[paging_click]" visible="{lootingorvehiclestorage}" />
		<button depth="3" name="btnStashFillStacks" style="icon30px, press, hover" pivot="center" pos="317,-21" sprite="manux_ui_game_symbol_stash_all_but_first" tooltip_key="lblStashFillStacks" sound="[paging_click]" visible="{lootingorvehiclestorage}" />
		<button depth="3" name="btnStashSmart" style="icon30px, press, hover" pivot="center" pos="353,-21" sprite="manux_ui_game_symbol_stash_all" tooltip_key="lblStashSmart" sound="[paging_click]" visible="{lootingorvehiclestorage}" />
		<combobox name="cbxLockedSlots" type="ComboBoxInt" pos="374, -6" width="140" height="30" value_min="0" value_max="45" value_wrap="true" value_increment="1" tooltip_key="xuiStashLockedSlots" visible="{lootingorvehiclestorage}" />
	</append-->
	
	<!-- Custom Logo Mod -->

For those not familiar with XML, notice the difference of the <append changed to <!--append at the start, and then the </append> changed to </append--> at the end.  That converts those two bits to comment start and end.  Like I said, probably easiest to just delete the part between <configs> and <!-- Custom Logo Mod -->, but I didn't try that yet and figured I'd get this posted because there's a couple of YouTube streams that would probably like this fixed.

Khaine - Thanks for your great mod work!  You've really given extra life to this game.
 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/14/2021 at 4:40 PM, Curuedhel said:

Hey Kaine.

 

Just started using your mod and having a great time - it's completely changed my playstyle which is what I wanted.  I have a quick question and a weird bug - question is, have you removed Trader protection in the mod?  For some reason I'm able to destroy things and zombies attacking the trader post aren't causing the usual alarm to sound.  The bug is - for some reason I have 2 copies of the trader NPC spawning in the trading post offering different inventories and different missions.  I'm only using a couple of additional modlets and nothing that should be affecting traders in any way.  Is this a known issue or just some random individual weirdness?  Thanks.

 

Yes.

 

On 7/24/2021 at 3:34 PM, scotterpop said:


I'm not sure how to tag people, but also omegarte mentioned this issue.

Khaine offered a quick attempt at a fix
 


I finally started trying this mod yesterday in 19.5, and ran into the same problem.  I am using the mod launcher, and here is how I fixed it:
1) I added Khaine's Lockable Slots mod (because I love it and I'm used to it from my normal 7D2D game.
2) I removed the inventory buttons that are added in the core RomeroMod.  Here's how:

Go in to \Mods\1-RomeroModCore\Config\XUi\windows.xml
You will see 
 

<configs>
	<!-- Backpack Buttons mod -->
	<append xpath="/windows/window[@name='windowBackpack']/panel[@name='header']">
		<button depth="3" name="btnStashAll" style="icon30px, press, hover" pivot="center" pos="281,-21" sprite="manux_ui_game_symbol_basket" tooltip_key="lblStashAll" sound="[paging_click]" visible="{lootingorvehiclestorage}" />
		<button depth="3" name="btnStashFillStacks" style="icon30px, press, hover" pivot="center" pos="317,-21" sprite="manux_ui_game_symbol_stash_all_but_first" tooltip_key="lblStashFillStacks" sound="[paging_click]" visible="{lootingorvehiclestorage}" />
		<button depth="3" name="btnStashSmart" style="icon30px, press, hover" pivot="center" pos="353,-21" sprite="manux_ui_game_symbol_stash_all" tooltip_key="lblStashSmart" sound="[paging_click]" visible="{lootingorvehiclestorage}" />
		<combobox name="cbxLockedSlots" type="ComboBoxInt" pos="374, -6" width="140" height="30" value_min="0" value_max="45" value_wrap="true" value_increment="1" tooltip_key="xuiStashLockedSlots" visible="{lootingorvehiclestorage}" />
	</append>

... then the custom logo mod


That is the code that is putting in the overlapping buttons, and since I have the newer Lockable Slots mod, I don't need these...so here's how I fixed it by commenting out the backpack buttons part.  You should be able to just delete that part between the <configs> line and the comment about the custom logo though.

 

<configs>
	<!-- Backpack Buttons mod -->
	<!--append xpath="/windows/window[@name='windowBackpack']/panel[@name='header']">
		<button depth="3" name="btnStashAll" style="icon30px, press, hover" pivot="center" pos="281,-21" sprite="manux_ui_game_symbol_basket" tooltip_key="lblStashAll" sound="[paging_click]" visible="{lootingorvehiclestorage}" />
		<button depth="3" name="btnStashFillStacks" style="icon30px, press, hover" pivot="center" pos="317,-21" sprite="manux_ui_game_symbol_stash_all_but_first" tooltip_key="lblStashFillStacks" sound="[paging_click]" visible="{lootingorvehiclestorage}" />
		<button depth="3" name="btnStashSmart" style="icon30px, press, hover" pivot="center" pos="353,-21" sprite="manux_ui_game_symbol_stash_all" tooltip_key="lblStashSmart" sound="[paging_click]" visible="{lootingorvehiclestorage}" />
		<combobox name="cbxLockedSlots" type="ComboBoxInt" pos="374, -6" width="140" height="30" value_min="0" value_max="45" value_wrap="true" value_increment="1" tooltip_key="xuiStashLockedSlots" visible="{lootingorvehiclestorage}" />
	</append-->
	
	<!-- Custom Logo Mod -->

For those not familiar with XML, notice the difference of the <append changed to <!--append at the start, and then the </append> changed to </append--> at the end.  That converts those two bits to comment start and end.  Like I said, probably easiest to just delete the part between <configs> and <!-- Custom Logo Mod -->, but I didn't try that yet and figured I'd get this posted because there's a couple of YouTube streams that would probably like this fixed.

Khaine - Thanks for your great mod work!  You've really given extra life to this game.
 

 

I'm probably gonna be revising this soon because I've been playing with those mods a little, like making sure the slot locking selection thingy is ALWAYS visible, for example.

But that'll be for when 19.6 goes stable.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey Khaine,

 

first off thank you very much  for that Mod, I'm a Romero/TWD fan and love your work. Anyway, I'm playing on 200 Zs, insane, 50 Wandering/6 h to keep the game challenging. Also without that fancy traps, robots and turrets stuff. But, I really would like to get rid of the feral and radiated Z's.

 

I'm not a coder but I can edit the XML files, if I know what has to be done. Would it be possible to replace the ferals and radiated with regular Zs with some easy XML editing?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Romero Mod V1.6

 

- Updated for A19.6b8.
- Fixed the lockable slots mod so it doesn't overlap and buttons are always visible.
- Added a harmony patch that forces zombies to walk and bloodmoon to off.
- Updated the wandering horde mod so hours and zombies can now be random if the player wishes. This is configurable in Mods\1-RomeroModCore\Config\blocks.xml. Default is 4 to 8 hours for the horde, 20 to 50 zombies.

Client (Gitlab/Launcher): https://gitlab.com/KhaineGB/romero-mod-a19-client/-/archive/master/romero-mod-a19-client-master.zip
Server: https://gitlab.com/KhaineGB/romero-mod-a19-server/-/archive/master/romero-mod-a19-server-master.zip

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for getting this updated so quickly. Unfortunately, it now seems broken for me. Clean install of the base game ( 19.6 ) via the launcher, then this mod atop it, no other modlets. Launches fine, then pictured below happens before main menu loads. Shows console errors. Any idea? Played fine earlier on 19.5.

 

https://imgur.com/a/YZNMB0D

 

https://imgur.com/a/aOLEZni

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...