Romero Mod - A game mode/suite of zombie tweaks

KhaineGB

1 hour ago, Feycat said:

Does anyone have a link to the pushable cart mod? I can't find it with search and I don't know how to make it work.

These?

Dont think they've updated that one or are going to, think its on the list to die off. If you know what you're doing, you could edit it to make it work I suppose.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm 100% new to mods. 

I just installed this one for A21. The contents of the zip don't match the contents described in the installation instructions listed in the opening post or in the YouTube video.  

I found a mods-how-to video from Guns, Nerds and Steel where he said to create a "Mods" folder inside the mod-intended 7 Days to Die folder. I did that. I transferred the Romero mod's zipped content into said folder and launched the game via the non-EAC application file. I got the Romero Mod splash-screen. 

I'm just wondering if everything is working as intended, because the game's settings still show that the Blood Moon occurs every 7 days and I have yet to see a wandering horde and it's already past 22:00 hours. Headshot only seems to be working as well as there is no trader protection. Is this correct? Even though it says the Blood Moon occurs every 7 days, is that not going to happen, or is that something I have to shut off manually, as well as zombies being able to run, which is happening past 22:00 hours?

Edited by Arez (see edit history)

Trying to install this MOD I have the same issue as Arez. No Data folder or Mods folder.

I have the D-xxx folders and the KHA21-xxx folders plus the RomeroModA21.xml file.

I tried downloading from this website and from 7D2Dmods website.

Tried unzipping with WINRAR and windows.

Any ideas?

9 hours ago, norryboy said:

Trying to install this MOD I have the same issue as Arez. No Data folder or Mods folder.

I have the D-xxx folders and the KHA21-xxx folders plus the RomeroModA21.xml file.

I tried downloading from this website and from 7D2Dmods website.

Tried unzipping with WINRAR and windows.

Any ideas?

The installation instructions provided in the original post are outdated.

I followed what Guns, Nerds and Steel said.

Make a copy of your 7 Days To Die folder and rename it. I renamed mine "Romero Mod". In the Romero Mod folder I created a "Mods" folder. I extracted the Romero mod zip and put the contents into the Mods folder, but what happened to me was everything didn't extract. I got everything but the KHA21-xxx folders, which is why only some of it was working. 

I redownloaded the Romero mod zip and this time everything extracted properly and all of it works now. 

Here's a picture of what should be in your Mods folder:

image.thumb.png.73c9fb0d60bd7294f226444093e58592.png

And here's a link to Guns, Nerds and Steel's video:

Just remember to launch the "7DaysToDie" file and not the "7DaysToDie_EAC" file. 

You might also want to launch the game from the "7dLauncher" file. You'll have to uncheck "Use EasyAntiCheat (EAC)". When you use the launcher you'll be able to create log files, which you'll be able to provide to people that could help if you run into a problem when running the modded game. When I launched the game just from the 7DaysToDie file, it wouldn't generate logs. 

Edited by Arez (see edit history)

Is anyone else having errors? Spouse and I both have Romero installed and the only non-Romero mod we also have is the one that removes heat from dew collectors and ammo-boxer, both of which have nothing to do with spawning. It's happening to me (hosting) in multiplayer and him when he's playing single player, but he doesn't get errors when he's playing my game.

When zombies spawn, wandering horde OR sleeper volumes, I get "NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) EntityAlive.DMD<EntityAlive::Update>(EntityAlive)
" that opens my console and has to be manually closed before I can move or fight again. It's really tiresome.

I'm posting here instead of regular support just because the issue seems to be zombie spawning and I believe this modpack is what's controlling that. If no one else has had this, I'll post there instead but I was hoping someone would have a fix.