The zombies are getting smarter

Sjustus548

We have a wall around our base to keep the zombies out that has been working fairly well for us.  That is until recently we started noticing some zombies were getting inside of the walls and we thought maybe they were just spawning in there, even though we have down beds and a landclaim block that should stop them.  We were in the base when we heard some zombies beating on the walls, not the outside wall but the actual walls of the base.  We bolt up and find a horde has attacked so we start putting them down and that's when we saw it.  The zombies were jumping on each others shoulders and then jumping over the fence.  The zombies are evolving and learning how to get past our defenses.  We have since increased the size of the walls but we don't know how long that will last before they figure out how to overcome that obstacle as well.  Will they start creating a pyramid structure and get over these higher walls as well or will they possibly try to burrow underneath?  We are starting to worry about our survival.  

The Zombie AI is not as intelligent as you think and it does not evolve on his own.

That the zombies jump on each others shoulders is not new. This is already in the game since A17. This behavior is only a little bit more evident in A19.

Simply add iron bars to the outside of the wall. Then the zombies bump their heads when jumping up and they fall down. 

My base is 10 stories up in a derelict building that I've spent a lot of time restoring. I need to jump onto a ladder to get to it. There is no path to my base that does not require zombies to jump a two block gap onto a ladder or walk over a two block gap.

I quit having problems with z's on like day three or four.

I sure hope the developers don't read this

Yeah you have to put lips (made out of bars, typically) on any flat walls you have in a horde base or zombies will climb over them. It's a nice touch.

Also yeah, having yourself in a place with zero access aside from jumping at least 2-3 blocks confuses the @%$# out of the Zs, I imagine that'll be next priority for "AI Improvements"

Archived