Vehicle Madness for A21

Ragsy 2145

On 11/17/2023 at 6:32 PM, Black_Wolf said:

Is there any plans for flying vehicles to be added in the future?

I would be also really happy to provide for the Italian localization.

Lol, here is the flying vehicles you'll get.
Will get you across the map fast... whether you want to or not!

flying_horror_by_saralgam1980_dgb0zp5-pre.jpg

the_flying_horror_by_michalreznicek_ddx0b01-414w-2x.jpg

Flying Horror.webp

Edited by Brugas (see edit history)

So, I signed up specifically because I just want to ask.  Will working vehicle spawning ever be put back in?  It was legit the main reason I downloaded this mod and pretty much the most unique thing about it.

I like the car designs, but I can't stand having to craft and repair this stuff.  Finding them was so much fun, so I figured I would ask outright.

If it has a planned implementation, I will stick with it, if not, then that really is a total shame that depresses me.

Not telling you what to do. I just want to know.

On 11/18/2023 at 12:32 AM, Black_Wolf said:

Is there any plans for flying vehicles to be added in the future?

I would be also really happy to provide for the Italian localization.

Was thinking of adding a helicopter at some point locked to high tier special repair kit as there is a Helicopter wreck in Vehicle Madness .... Although there are a few Mods about adding flying stuff to the game.

Thanks an Italian Localization would also be a nice addition.

On 11/21/2023 at 1:07 AM, Rinpoo said:

So, I signed up specifically because I just want to ask.  Will working vehicle spawning ever be put back in?  It was legit the main reason I downloaded this mod and pretty much the most unique thing about it.

I like the car designs, but I can't stand having to craft and repair this stuff.  Finding them was so much fun, so I figured I would ask outright.

If it has a planned implementation, I will stick with it, if not, then that really is a total shame that depresses me.

Not telling you what to do. I just want to know.

Well we want to have working/partial working Vehicle spawn system back at some point perhaps driven by a quest system or game event and 'on completion' trigger a vehicle spawns in game but thats a way off at the moment as we delve deeper into the changes A21 has bought to the game.   

The old vehicle spawning system code is still in Vehicle Madness and commented out but is "not going to be supported at all" if users decide to implement and get any issues!!

As stated in the update log for A21 it has become more problematic since A20.3 and onward.

Regards

Ragsy!!

Edited by Ragsy 2145 (see edit history)

12 hours ago, Ragsy 2145 said:

Was thinking of adding a helicopter at some point locked to high tier special repair kit as there is a Helicopter wreck in Vehicle Madness .... Although there are a few Mods about adding flying stuff to the game.

Thanks an Italian Localization would also be a nice addition.

Well we want to have working/partial working Vehicle spawn system back at some point perhaps driven by a quest system or game event and 'on completion' trigger a vehicle spawns in game but thats a way off at the moment as we delve deeper into the changes A21 has bought to the game.   

The old vehicle spawning system code is still in Vehicle Madness and commented out but is "not going to be supported at all" if users decide to implement and get any issues!!

As stated in the update log for A21 it has become more problematic since A20.3 and onward.

Regards

Ragsy!!

Thank you for taking the time to reply. 

I would ask how I reactivate this code then.  I accept the responsibility for the bugginess and will not hound you over it.  It was just a feature my partner and I enjoyed so much.  Finding random trucks and quads, we'd laugh about it.  If this information is somewhere specific that is already written, please point me to that if you can. 

The only two questions I would like to ask beforehand are two simple ones.

1.  After reactivating the code, do I need to start a new world for active spawning to happen?  My default assumption is yes, so if you wish to give a simple yes or no reply, that is fine.

2.  Do I, as the world creator, need to be the only one who re-activates this code, or will I need to help my partner do it as well?  (We both have it installed, so we both have the assets on the private worlds we make.)

Thank you for being so helpful, and it is good to hear this might be back in some form at some point.

Edited by Rinpoo (see edit history)

On 11/24/2023 at 1:56 AM, Rinpoo said:

Thank you for taking the time to reply. 

I would ask how I reactivate this code then.  I accept the responsibility for the bugginess and will not hound you over it.  It was just a feature my partner and I enjoyed so much.  Finding random trucks and quads, we'd laugh about it.  If this information is somewhere specific that is already written, please point me to that if you can. 

The only two questions I would like to ask beforehand are two simple ones.

1.  After reactivating the code, do I need to start a new world for active spawning to happen?  My default assumption is yes, so if you wish to give a simple yes or no reply, that is fine.

2.  Do I, as the world creator, need to be the only one who re-activates this code, or will I need to help my partner do it as well?  (We both have it installed, so we both have the assets on the private worlds we make.)

Thank you for being so helpful, and it is good to hear this might be back in some form at some point.

No info is written anywhere on what to do as it is unsupported but in the XML's comments are preceeded with  <--  and end with  -->

to uncomment remove the <--  and -->   .   The xmls affected are biomes.xml blocks.xml and blockplaceholders.xml

Answers

1. Yes

2. Both need the changes

Regards

Ragsy!!

On 11/29/2023 at 10:54 PM, Black_Wolf said:

Is there a chance that we can get a craftable/repairable Pontiac Ventura or maybe even the iconic Lada? those cars look nice but it's such a shame that they're only a prop vehicle that spawns around.

I would also love if a Pontiac Firebird/Trans Am was introduced...

No promises but will look into it for the future updates ...

On 12/1/2023 at 11:37 PM, AndrewT said:

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/2773

Ragsy i remember this mod having a vehicle that had the shift boost replaced by a custom mechanic when activated allowing the player in the open trunk seat to wield a weapon to shot passing zombies. do you guys have plans for something similar with the warthog?

Not sure on how that was implemented as it was a server side vehicle mod but shooting from a vehicle rather than fixed guns on vehicles would be the route I would rather take in the long run. 

Regards

Ragsy !!

3 hours ago, Ragsy 2145 said:

No promises but will look into it for the future updates ...

Not sure on how that was implemented as it was a server side vehicle mod but shooting from a vehicle rather than fixed guns on vehicles would be the route I would rather take in the long run. 

Regards

Ragsy !!

such as an m60 on the back of the warthog? i actually like that idea more

Edited by AndrewT (see edit history)

My apologies if this is a repeated question (i couldn't find this anywhere on this thread though)

Any idea why the vehicle mods i.e 5 speed transmission, spark plugs etc, wont go into any vehicles? i have the interceptor, and i tried putting the spark plugs into it, nothing, same with the 5 speed and the military truck, nothing, the gears at the top left stay greyed out, and its mildly infuriating

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2023 at 3:19 AM, DedOn7thDay said:

My apologies if this is a repeated question (i couldn't find this anywhere on this thread though)

Any idea why the vehicle mods i.e 5 speed transmission, spark plugs etc, wont go into any vehicles? i have the interceptor, and i tried putting the spark plugs into it, nothing, same with the 5 speed and the military truck, nothing, the gears at the top left stay greyed out, and its mildly infuriating

Sorry for late reply ,

Vehicle Madness does not have any custom vehicle mods and only accepts vanilla vehicle mods ?  This sounds like an add on modlet you have from another mod maker, so i would check back with them as they may need to add an extra tag to be compatible with Vehicle Madness vehicles.

Regards

Ragsy !!

On 12/16/2023 at 4:19 AM, DedOn7thDay said:

You're talking about Harry's vehicle mods which wasn't made by the original creator. As i sadly found out as well, some of the vehicles like the sedans don't accept any of his custom mods, the guy that made it probably forgot to or was too lazy to put the rest of the vehicles.

EDIT: apparently that patch was made for an older version of vehicle madness.

Edited by Black_Wolf (see edit history)

• Ragsy 2145 changed the title to Vehicle Madness for A21
On 12/28/2023 at 6:57 PM, Black_Wolf said:

EDIT2: i took that patch for the old version of vehicle madness and updated it for the latest version. I added the missing vehicles and removed a bunch of useless vehicles that were just static props and not driveable. You can find it here.

Nice :) 

I assume that the original author of Harry's Vehicles is inactive at present as usually that modlet does get an update at each alpha for Vehicle Madness and Bdubs Vehicles compatibility.

Regards

Ragsy!!

Hello, I decided to give this mod a try and unfortunately I seem to be having issues. 

Some missing assets like the vehicles and I'm only assuming is the trader. When I made a new world and spawned next to the new trader_mechanic (which I'm assuming is from this mod) I saw blue question marks which I'm assuming is missing assets for vehicles and couldn't find the NPC as I'm assuming he/she was one of the question marks. 

Current version I'm using this on is A21.2 (B30).

Any info is much appreciated!

58 minutes ago, M3RM3R said:

Hello, I decided to give this mod a try and unfortunately I seem to be having issues. 

Some missing assets like the vehicles and I'm only assuming is the trader. When I made a new world and spawned next to the new trader_mechanic (which I'm assuming is from this mod) I saw blue question marks which I'm assuming is missing assets for vehicles and couldn't find the NPC as I'm assuming he/she was one of the question marks. 

Current version I'm using this on is A21.2 (B30).

Any info is much appreciated!

Always bring your log when you have issues. Just saves everyone time. Otherwise it's just guessing at the issue.

The Mechanic trader is not from this mod though, but is in my AIO vehicle mod. The POI has been updated for A21 so it sounds like you are loading an old version or something. Again, a log would help.

18 minutes ago, bdubyah said:

Always bring your log when you have issues. Just saves everyone time. Otherwise it's just guessing at the issue.

The Mechanic trader is not from this mod though, but is in my AIO vehicle mod. The POI has been updated for A21 so it sounds like you are loading an old version or something. Again, a log would help.

Hello and thanks for the reply!

So the version I'm running of the AIO was the one posted on Nexus mods that was updated June 28th 2023. I saw that there was an updated one on the 29th on 7daystodie.com but not sure if it's that one I should be using. Unfortunately I don't know the location of said log for the convenience of tracking the issue, but I've decided to run Navezgane instead so it should no longer be an issue. Thankfully I don't have any issues (that's apparent so far) of any of the vehicles in either VM or your pack, JUST the POI afaik.

I've re-installed 7d2d recently a couple of times for other issues so I'd feel it wouldn't be an issue there although I did not delete any folders in the %appdata% 7d2d location so maybe there is an issue there. 

Thanks again for the speedy reply and sorry for any inconvenience of not supplying a log!

8 hours ago, M3RM3R said:

Hello and thanks for the reply!

So the version I'm running of the AIO was the one posted on Nexus mods that was updated June 28th 2023. I saw that there was an updated one on the 29th on 7daystodie.com but not sure if it's that one I should be using. Unfortunately I don't know the location of said log for the convenience of tracking the issue, but I've decided to run Navezgane instead so it should no longer be an issue. Thankfully I don't have any issues (that's apparent so far) of any of the vehicles in either VM or your pack, JUST the POI afaik.

I've re-installed 7d2d recently a couple of times for other issues so I'd feel it wouldn't be an issue there although I did not delete any folders in the %appdata% 7d2d location so maybe there is an issue there. 

Thanks again for the speedy reply and sorry for any inconvenience of not supplying a log!

The trader is at the top floor inside a military tent. Just saying since the first time i found bdubs poi i had troubles finding the trader lol.

Hey, Ragsy! 

I've been using the "Hind" helicopter mod, i noticed that your name is in the mod title so i figured you must have been collaborating on making it.

I'd like to ask permission to publish a vehicles.xml that improves the handling and speed of the helicopter.

If not, then i'll just keep it to myself ^^

Edited by Black_Wolf (see edit history)

7 hours ago, Black_Wolf said:

Hey, Ragsy! 

I've been using the "Hind" helicopter mod, i noticed that your name is in the mod title so i figured you must have been collaborating on making it.

I'd like to ask permission to publish a vehicles.xml that improves the handling and speed of the helicopter.

If not, then i'll just keep it to myself ^^

Yeah thats one of mine .... there are two vehicle variant xmls in that mod , one for my preferred style of flying by default and the other is the original flying style that myself and bdub came up with for bdubs MD500 .  

I have no problem if you want to release an improved version of either methods.

Regards

Ragsy!!

Sorry if I missed a double post but I could not find anything on the stats of the cars like if they are a (gas hog) and eat all your gas fast, just stats I know you can look up how fast and how much they hold in game but did someone out there do a statistics on the vehicles