Vehicle Madness for A21

Ragsy 2145

1 hour ago, swmeek said:

Thanks bdubyah! 

I found these lines but doesn't it already show it having a navobject and mapicon? 

<property name="MapIcon" value="Quad_UI"/> 
    <!--<property name="NavObject" value="Quad_UI" />-->

Just change Quad_UI to ui_game_symbol_minibike to use its icon. The NavObject line there is commented out and not being used from the looks of it. I think that was intended as Ragsy wasn't a fan of the new nav objects.

On 1/27/2023 at 2:32 PM, skatapunkguy93 said:

it was in the description of the mod but maybe it was just over looked or its bugged. idk

Oh I think I know what they're doing; kinda like how the bike attaches to the RV, yeh I'm not sure if that feature is there for the tow truck yet but the gist is you would have it in your inventory I think and as you approach the RV (or in your case flatbed) it would appear visually.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just discovered if you search for "VM" the ratchet set pops up in the crafting menu. It must be mislabeled.

Now is there something similar you can do with the wires? Make them craftable or lootable by disassembling or scrapping cars or car parts? I have enough of everything to make like 30 cars, but literally 3 wires total

(For context, I play on a server with 50% looting)

1 hour ago, JebacPis said:

I think fuel i to much premium gooods hard to find ( if get it is low ) can`t make it hard to find resource

Normaly there are still some vanila vehicles left at the world like ambulance, mopower or working stiff trucks. Together with the schoolbus and military trucks.

They all give good amount of gas when you salvage them.

And ofcouse you can mine for oilshade and made gas out of it.

I understand that this mod is a community effort and I -love- what you all have accomplished, it greatly assist with my immersion seeing a *Variety* of makes and models on the road in various states of repair (or disrepair). Kudos!!! for helping dispel disbelief inherent in vanillas limited selections.

I was wondering who was responsible for the creation for Old Chevy Pickup (from the 60's?) as it is MY personal favorite.

6 hours ago, smithsguild said:

I understand that this mod is a community effort and I -love- what you all have accomplished, it greatly assist with my immersion seeing a *Variety* of makes and models on the road in various states of repair (or disrepair). Kudos!!! for helping dispel disbelief inherent in vanillas limited selections.

I was wondering who was responsible for the creation for Old Chevy Pickup (from the 60's?) as it is MY personal favorite.

Got a pic of it?

...but the reality is, I don't think any of us have *made* any of the models, just downloaded them somewhere and converted them to driveable vehicles.

4 hours ago, Guppycur said:

Got a pic of it?

...but the reality is, I don't think any of us have *made* any of the models, just downloaded them somewhere and converted them to driveable vehicles.

Sadly, I do not.

Truthfully I was hoping to corner the Author/Creator and see if any amount of begging/pleading could convince them to drop a mod for just it as a buildable option like bdubyah has for some of his to carry over into my more vanilla play throughs.

Actually I encountered it playing the "Rebirth" overhaul by FuriousRamsey featuring VM. When encountered the model displayed as "Old Chevy Pickup" (if memory serves)  it is only through personal childhood memories that I recalled 60's because my Father owned a 1963 Chevrolet step side pickup and the look kicked in strong nostalgia.

When my father passed a decade ago it was the only possession I requested from his estate, having a totally analog/mechanical (no computer parts or circuitry) as a running post apocalyptic vehicle just resonated with me as "What -I- have on hand" when the Z's come...

• 4 weeks later...

Hello

I tried to install this mod on my dedicated server and it doesn't seem to work no matter we do even though it loads just fine in singleplayer or peer to peer game 
All i have is this bunch of code that pops out in console after i try to start the server

ERR [MODS] Mod reference for a mod that is not loaded "Vehicle_Madness_Overhaul_v3_Beta_2.0"
ERR Unable to open archive file E:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie_Data/../Data/Bundles/@modfolder(Vehicle_Madness_Overhaul_v3_Beta_2.0)Resources/Wrecks2.unity3d
ERR Failed to read data for the AssetBundle "Wrecks2.uniety3d"
ERR Loading AssetBundle "E:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie_Data/../Data/Bundles/@modfolder(Vehicle_Madness_Overhaul_v3_Beta_2.0)Resources/Wrecks2.unity3d" failed!
ERR Model '#@modfolder(Vehicle_Madness_Overhaul_v3_Beta_2.0)Resources/Wrecks2.unity3d?Fastback_vPrefab'not found on block with name RapairableFastback
ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing " failed
EXC Model '#@modfolder(Vehicle_Madness_Overhaul_v3_Beta_2.0)Resources/Wrecks2.unity3d?Fastback_vPrefab'not found on block with name RapairableFastback

I hope there is some solution to this problem and we will be able to play this mod as soon as possible 
Thanks for all help in advance 

Have a Great Day!

6 hours ago, Sleepy0 said:

We did that already like 5 times and still the same thing we are close to quitting this mod 

Be sure all files got transfered, maybe compare what is at the server and what is at your PC side.

On 3/19/2023 at 3:24 PM, Sleepy0 said:

Did that already also tried to load the mod 3 times without removing it 

Use pastebin for your log and link it here. Only way to know for sure what is happening. A log from the dedi and a client would be best.