{A19} Animal Tracking doesn't seem to be working, or I don't get it.

TigerWolfe

I've maxed out Animal Tracking at 3 ranks, and yet when I use it, if it detects tracks, nothing is popping up in the compass. Without the prompt of which direction to go the perk is basically useless. Am I doing something wrong? Did they change the compass aspect between A18 and A19? Any help is appreciated, as I'm our groups hunter... and I'm not doing such a great job at the moment. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Large game spawns a lot less in this alpha than in A18, we're supposed to hunt a lot of chickens and rabbits :)  Personally I've found A19 - since day one - has been there first version I've had where animal tracking did work properly. And a very nice touch now that it labels animals red or green according to whether they'll try to kill you  :)

On 8/21/2020 at 12:20 AM, Grolbu said:

Large game spawns a lot less in this alpha than in A18, we're supposed to hunt a lot of chickens and rabbits :)  Personally I've found A19 - since day one - has been there first version I've had where animal tracking did work properly. And a very nice touch now that it labels animals red or green according to whether they'll try to kill you  :)

mine isnt working right, a lot of the time my compass shows nothing and I have no visual on screen of the animal icon either, only tracks nearby.

• 3 weeks later...

I seem to have the same problem. A lot of the time a the tracking timer will start but there will be no animals highlighted on the HUD or map, although sometimes it seems like it's tracking something that is beyond the sight of the HUD since, at times, I did encounter animals after walking a bit in a random direction and the highlights appeared.

Same here. I had it working fine in Animal tracking Rank 1, but then it's gone. Sometime rarely it comes back and sometime it keps blinking on off while I'm looking at an animal. I'll try to make recording for these and post here.

Then this few minutes later.... then it was back to not showing....

• 4 weeks later...

I have had this issue as well.  However, I noticed something the most recent time that it happened...
After I took a second level in Animal Tracking, I was able to see Coyotes on the tracker in red, instead of green (I assume to indicate non friendly. predator)  After that, I was unable to see any other animals even though I saw 'tracks', but I wonder if somehow at level 2 the skill stops tracking level 1 creatures and only tracks level 2 ones. I could not find a second unfriendly animal to test this theory on, but I distinctly remember in an earlier start I was having much the same problem, and I was able to see a boar on the compass during that playthrough.

• 2 months later...

Hi all, I'm in a dedicated server hosted by a friend, after I leveled up Animal tracking to lvl2 it stopped working properly. Now I get the green pawns but nothing in the HUD nor in the map. Once it worked with a chicken, but I just saw it before crouching. I am not wearing any glasses.
Additionally, and since it is a dedicated server, we have the game saved, so I guess that we could even provide it so the devs can get all the logs they need.

Edited: Extra info, someone in the party has Inspiring leader. And additionally, once happened to me that I was in the road, a chicken was ahead over a change of slope, so I couldn't see it, I got the "bug" and my Inspiring leader was behind able to see it and hearing me on discord saying that I had nothing in my HUD. Quite funny situation.

Edit 2: The log. It seems the server throws these messages tons of times each time I use the hability:

2021-01-05T07:42:16 8927.921 INF Time: 148.53m FPS: 45.08 Heap: 2952.6MB Max: 2952.6MB Chunks: 297 CGO: 253 Ply: 4 Zom: 0 Ent: 6 (114) Items: 22 CO: 1 RSS: 3556.0MB
Sound could not be played. FMOD Error: The error occured because the sound referenced contains subsounds when it shouldn't have, or it doesn't contain subsounds when it should have.  The operation may also not be able to be performed on a parent sound, or a parent sound was played without setting up a sentence first. 

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Modules/Audio/Public/sound/SoundManager.cpp Line: 402)

2021-01-05T07:42:46 8957.925 INF Time: 149.03m FPS: 40.79 Heap: 2970.1MB Max: 2970.1MB Chunks: 297 CGO: 238 Ply: 4 Zom: 0 Ent: 6 (116) Items: 23 CO: 1 RSS: 3565.8MB
2021-01-05T07:42:49 8961.165 WRN AudioManager LoadAudio failed to load audio source object for AudioSource_CreatureSenseAlert
2021-01-05T07:42:53 8964.891 WRN AudioManager LoadAudio failed to load audio source object for AudioSource_CreatureSenseAlert
2021-01-05T07:42:57 8968.423 WRN AudioManager LoadAudio failed to load audio source object for AudioSource_CreatureSenseAlert

Archived