Food: Survival arcade vs Survival sim

Xtrakicking

On 5/28/2020 at 9:52 AM, pApA^LeGBa said:

If you can handle the current crafting menu, you can handle it with creative blocks also.

What survival elements? The survival part is so easy already. Just do buried supplies quests at the start, buy canned food at the vending machine and you are done with the survival part.

And how would more blocks hurt the gaming performance? That makes no sense. These blocks would hurt gameperformance already as they are in the POI´s we have in the game. We have a storage full of creative menu blocks because we don´t won´t CM on all the time. I don´t see any negative impact on the performance.

I don´t want to be forced to use creative mode to have nice things also. I want to actually get the ressources and crafting for it needed whjle trying to survive vs the Z´s.

People wanna do this in MP also. There aren´t many servers, if any at all, with CM on.

It would already help a lot if we could have more colours. Can´t be that hard and doesn´t harm the game in any way.

First of all, I'm all for more blocks being craftable/lootable in vanilla (look at some of my modlets).  However there is a cost of putting them all in.

For example, horde bases.  Imagine all of the testing that would need to happen in order to ensure all of those blocks play well with each other?

People have already exploited the AI with the blocks they have currently.  Imagine the craziness if they had access to them all through crafting.  It would be exponential.  Hence why the vast majority are cm only and some even dev only.

On 5/29/2020 at 11:05 AM, Spider said:

THE HORSE LIVES!- LBD is Back Baby! -

I love how your mod page photo link is a sh*t ton of error messages lol..

5 hours ago, Roland said:

If they add more content to keep all of us who have already played through the game several times happy right now and then in another 6 months do that again because by then we will have devoured all the new content from this time, they will never finish what they have to standard they want for gold release. Calling for extending the end game with additional content right now is premature. They have to get it done.

heh...nothing will satisfy those players except for all new content that extends gameplay more. But how long will they be satisfied with that before they are again dissatisfied and start demanding more again? Some of those players devour new content within hours or days of releasing it because of how they play games.

not only do I disagree... I think this is what TFPs think as well... which makes me so sad. Wanting a game that doesnt feel half finished for 6 years doesnt mean you are never satisfied.
But every time we get something new it is only half finished, then scrapped and replaced by something equally lacking.
I get not beeing happy with a system. But then the should stick with it after a while and keep notes for the future game.
It is like with anything. If you do it, scrap it and rebuild it because you think "this way it will be perfect" it will never finish and never be perfect.
A16 was close to that... It had some flaws, but they were so few and far between that more content would have been enough to satisfy most of the playerbase.
But they again scrapped the core and started rebuilding on rubble.

Just stick to your god damn guns and go with it.

Also not a fan of dlc. Make it free updates sure. But don't sell off content that gives the game its flavour. Yes it has become popular... but... sorry to say it this bluntly: I will not only not buy it but will avoid future projects. not asking for a boycott... but bad practices, no matter how common should not be rewarded.

You can make new zombie skins dlc (skins not type of zombies)
maybe a new trader or a poi package. But not core mechanics like npcs bandits and other stuff the community has been asking for for years

Who said that it would cost us anything? I mean it might but probably will be free dlc.  DLC stands for down loadable content. That can be free or they can charge for it.

I just think you are not well suited for the development process. You want to play the final version that they finally decided to stick to. A16 was not what they wanted. Why stick to those guns if they weren't happy with it? You believe A16 to be the culmination of all their efforts and then they chopped it down back to square one to try something else. As long as you believe that there is really nothing anyone can say to make you happy. I definitely don't see A16 as the culmination and A17 was not a complete restart. I see a long series of experiments and trials to reach the point where they wanted to be. In other words-- development.

It is a process that not everyone has the stomach for especially if they are the type to just go with the first idea out of the box and good or bad stick to it.

20 hours ago, Laz Man said:

First of all, I'm all for more blocks being craftable/lootable in vanilla (look at some of my modlets).  However there is a cost of putting them all in.

For example, horde bases.  Imagine all of the testing that would need to happen in order to ensure all of those blocks play well with each other?

People have already exploited the AI with the blocks they have currently.  Imagine the craziness if they had access to them all through crafting.  It would be exponential.  Hence why the vast majority are cm only and some even dev only.

There is already a way to get those blocks for your hordebase without CM. Make a prefab with those exploitable blocks (assuming there are some, we do have a storage room full of CM blocks but never used them for horde night, didn´t even think of that so far) place it on your world and it´s in your game in a totally legit way.

But what does speak against more and nice furniture and more colours?  The hardware argument doesn´t really count, it doesn´t matter if a refrigerator looks worn out or brand new. Or a desk.  More good looking colours that don´t look crappy like most of those we have also don´t require hardware power. There isn´t even black available.

Archived