UABE - Asset Bundle Extractor

DerPopo

Aand another update, this time with Unity 2019.2.* support.

Hi DerPopo!

Thanks for your work on UABE. I've found it very useful.

Is is possible to keep GameObjects intact instead of exporting just the files it contains?

Maybe like exporting them to a .unity3d package instead of raw files.

Or is the only option to piece the files back together in unity?

Thanks!

I plan to add some kind of object tree export/import in the future. For now, you'll have to select the assets (GameObject/Component/...) manually and use raw export/import.

Thanks for this DerPopo, it's an awesomly useful tool.

A couple of questions:

Can someone post a link to Grim's UAE, please? I've tried searching the forum but the search gets rejected because 'UAE' is too common a term.

Apologies in advance if I simply have not been sufficiently dilligent in my reading, but is it possible to extract an asset with UBAE, modify it and reinsert back in the original asset file, or will that not work?

Thanks for this DerPopo, it's an awesomly useful tool.

A couple of questions:

Can someone post a link to Grim's UAE, please? I've tried searching the forum but the search gets rejected because 'UAE' is too common a term.

Apologies in advance if I simply have not been sufficiently dilligent in my reading, but is it possible to extract an asset with UBAE, modify it and reinsert back in the original asset file, or will that not work?

UAE is outdated (only supports up to Unity 5 beta iirc), but here's the link in case you want it.

Yes, you can edit assets through export and import. It will work as long as you don't 'violate' the asset format (always set the array size to the actual amount of elements, etc.).

That's a shame. I'm wanting to extend a game that the developer seems to have abandoned. It, however was built with more recent versions of Unity.

Am I right in thinking that, if I modified a building mesh I'd also have to modify any associated mesh renderer and collider, and if there was an associated texture, I'd have to modifiy that too?

That's a shame. I'm wanting to extend a game that the developer seems to have abandoned. It, however was built with more recent versions of Unity.

Am I right in thinking that, if I modified a building mesh I'd also have to modify any associated mesh renderer and collider, and if there was an associated texture, I'd have to modifiy that too?

Well...question a wide. I'd say so, perhaps in most practical cases - Yes this needs.

But, for example about collider: you don't have to change collider - but then it will remain the same... The question is whether - it is acceptable or not.

Texture - you can leave if your mesh changes are not significant and do you re-create his UV.

A lot of nuances...

Edited by n2n1 (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Converting "obj" and "fbx" files to asset bundle

UAE is outdated (only supports up to Unity 5 beta iirc), but here's the link in case you want it.

Yes, you can edit assets through export and import. It will work as long as you don't 'violate' the asset format (always set the array size to the actual amount of elements, etc.).

Hi guys;

İ just found the topic while i was doing research for -Converting "obj" and "fbx" files to asset bundle without internet/ server.

Is there any way to convert them on android? I am very new to this field so if you help me i will be appreciated.

We are trying to do an app that imports obj and fbx files on mobile. We tried it with existing plugins but loading time is too much for big models and user has to wait on each usage of the app. Than we think that if we convert the 3d models to asset bundle, we have to wait just for 1 time. We can use asset bundles for second run. During search we found this topic. Is there any way to convert 3d model (obj and fbx) data on android platform to asset bundle?

@puhumight

Not quite clear your problem. There is a format obj and fbx (this is a 3D model format). To what format do you want to convert?

....just find the appropriate Converter and it's done! What question?

hmmm....maybe you want to ask a batch conversion method? or do you want to create an asset/bundle in Unity that will contain only selected/desired models? ...but then i don't see the advisability of it...

Hi DerPopo,

Love the tool! I'm using it to unpack asset bundles built for one platform and convert them to work on PC and Android. Which you can do by just tweaking the platform bytes, as long as the shaders are compatible for the new platform.

But occasionally the bundles are broken after reimport (even without my own hacks). I'm using AssetsBundleExtractor_2.2stabled_64bit and the batch export/import process.

Digging into a broken asset bundle, with Unity Source, it seems that the files have a BlockInfo with the compressedSize too large by one byte, when compared with DirectoryInfo file sizes.

I can provide an example asset if you want, but hopefully it's just an easy type somewhere.

Cheers,

Joe

• 2 weeks later...
There is no UV in obj files export

Any solution?

When you extract a mesh in OBJ format you always get a UV-scan, this goes along with the geometry.

It is not clear what kind of problem you encounter.

Perhaps you want to get a texture?

Then you manually need to find the appropriate image file - and all the cases.

DerPopo,

Firstly, thanks for your work on this tool. I don't play 7Days but it looks like this tool is used a lot on other games. We're trying to utilize it for Power Rangers Battle For the Grid, but it only appears to extract the first "batch" of asset files (Around 50Mb). However if you open the full .dat file in HxD (File size about 700Mb) you can find multiple header instances which makes me think the tool isn't fully extracting everything. Have you ever seen this scenario?

Kind regards,

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

Thanks for the tool! It really helps with exploring, editing for translation purposes. May i ask for advise? I have the bunch of bundle assets in VN "WILL: A Wonderful World". How can i extract them? I'm was trying to open this files, but all of them are compressed and UABE can't decompress them, except "AssetBundles" file. Decompression of this file doesn't give me anything usefull (second screen). How this can be solved? I'm newbie with Unity. I will attach some sample files from game if they will be needed https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uEn38eXSQ5FiePQIOsRAjbkXRroSbFlj/view?usp=sharing. Thanks for attention.

Screenshot_4.png.ce1d5177cbd87ecf1b0647b78fb47698.png

Screenshot_3.jpg.ad68a834680040ded673d98877744f07.jpg

Edited by wwwklopar (see edit history)

@Westr276

hmmm... i extracted any meshes i needed.

Specify in which bundle you are trying to pull this mesh (sorry i can't understand where it is).

--------------------------------

UPD

okay i found this ..... sadly, yes indeed this mesh i could not open, too. But most of the others that i came across - there were no problems. How many did you come across that don't open?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Recently I started playing MTG Arena. I like the game a lot, but many cards use art that I'm not very fond of. With UABE I wanted to change some specific cards image. I found out where the art for the cards is stored (MTGA\MTGA_Data\Downloads\AssetBundle), but there are 2827 Assetbundles. One for each card.

Is there currently a way to batch extract those bundles and then batch export to .png, so that I can locate the cards in question?