UABE - Asset Bundle Extractor

DerPopo

28 minutes ago, n2n1 said:

I haven't done any more retexturing yet, so I don't have any ideas...

If you manage to do so, please contact me. Apparentely the zombie textures are now in the Data/Bundles/Entities folder and I've got no idea how to edit them when they aren't .assets files.

2 minutes ago, Xtrakicking said:

If you manage to do so, please contact me. Apparentely the zombie textures are now in the Data/Bundles/Entities folder and I've got no idea how to edit them when they aren't .assets files.

Ok. I just think it's worth waiting for the UABE update.

Hello, alihitman99!

Yes, it is possible to replace the sound in the resources, i did it a some time ago.

UABE can export sound from, but it can't push it back the same way. There is a method described by the author (DerPopo), it is that you can create your own resource and redirect to it from the main resource.

This method has been discussed many times here. I will give you links to these posts.

UPD:

Unfortunately all the links are corrupted and I can't find this topic... I also remember that Robeloto made a tutorial video and he definitely made a link in this thread... I will try to find it, but you will also look at this thread - it is not long. Pay attention to the author's posts and mine.

this link had the form:

(https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?32600-Overriding-vanilla-files-(assets-)&p=314195&viewfull=1#post314195)

and

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?76477-Replacing-Audio-File-With-Another-One

(for some reason I can't find on this forum these topics by keywords if you are able - please give the new links)

I collected links about this theme:

i find videotutorial !

Edited by n2n1 (see edit history)

2 hours ago, alihitman99 said:

this link points to this topic - so it's not a problem.

The bad thing is that i can't find other threads that had important information in them..

(but the video tutorial contains what you need)

• 3 weeks later...

A19 seems to have altered some things. I've used this UABE for years to remove the night time spooky music from the resource.assets file
https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/4388-how-to-remove-bg-spooky-music-at-night

After removing the sound files the game is stuck on the start loading screen with 'Gamesparks preview mode' in the bottom left corner, tried disabling gamesparks in game launcher but still stuck on loading. Any ideas?

Hi i am trying to translate a japanese game to english but using UABE i am not able to find all the png in texture 2d but when i use the asset studio or utinyripper i get the images but the only issue is after extracting them and editing i dont know how to compress them which was possible only in uabe so any other progrem that can just do the compression or any advice is appreciated 

thanx!!!

Edited by Igneel (see edit history)

10 hours ago, Igneel said:

Hi i am trying to translate a japanese game to english but using UABE i am not able to find all the png in texture 2d but when i use the asset studio or utinyripper i get the images but the only issue is after extracting them and editing i dont know how to compress them which was possible only in uabe so any other progrem that can just do the compression or any advice is appreciated 

thanx!!!

I have not met any program that imports data back to the asset except UABE.

Now UABE has problems with extracting some meshes, but i extracted all png normally (for 7dtd). Give me a link to the file - i can check the extracts?, it's not difficult.

14 hours ago, n2n1 said:

I have not met any program that imports data back to the asset except UABE.

Now UABE has problems with extracting some meshes, but i extracted all png normally (for 7dtd). Give me a link to the file - i can check the extracts?, it's not difficult.

this is the data.unity 3d file i want to extract the png images from texture 2d to convert the japanese texts to english but i am not able to extract them it shows unable to stream data error also not all texture 2d png are showing as you would get from utinyripper maybe its because something wrong on my process i just select the file , select globalgamemanagers from the drop down list and then select the latest extraction method 

i should also say the game has no resource file to get those images so this is the only option i knew , this is my first time trying to manually translate a unity game  usually i use xunityauto translator but since it does not support il2cpp had to translate manually let me know if u have any better suggestions

thanx

https://mega.nz/file/XJ51WAyQ#JCmlbRVt0dyS6CkQTx2-mhgliX7i19ZSQzZHJOgep_c data unity3d file

Edited by Igneel (see edit history)

I couldn't extract png using UABE - yes, it said it was streaming data, but maybe the reason is that the UABE databases are outdated. Do you know which version of Unity the game uses?

The fact that it offers to manually select the version usually indicates that it does not understand this database format.

With some problems (can extract one at a time), i was able to extract images using AssetStudio, but it doesn't have a reverse import...

19 hours ago, n2n1 said:

I couldn't extract png using UABE - yes, it said it was streaming data, but maybe the reason is that the UABE databases are outdated. Do you know which version of Unity the game uses?

The fact that it offers to manually select the version usually indicates that it does not understand this database format.

With some problems (can extract one at a time), i was able to extract images using AssetStudio, but it doesn't have a reverse import...

Oh wow that makes sense now the version of game is 2019.3.7.14333 which is not there in the database like u said 

the reverse import is the issue thats why i wondered if it was possibe to see if any other program did it

anyways thanx for sharing the info seems like a dead end for translating the game without an updated database any other solution or ideas if u have would be great

thanks!!

5 hours ago, Igneel said:

Oh wow that makes sense now the version of game is 2019.3.7.14333 which is not there in the database like u said 

the reverse import is the issue thats why i wondered if it was possibe to see if any other program did it

anyways thanx for sharing the info seems like a dead end for translating the game without an updated database any other solution or ideas if u have would be great

thanks!!

I only know extractors,  only UABE has the ability to export.

By the way, uTinyRipper has the ability to extract assets into files that are used directly by the Unity editor. Theoretically, can try to create an asset from them again, but i have not yet applied this in practice.

3 hours ago, Doku said:

What Is AssetBundle? I Know what Texture2D and Mesh is but what is AssetBundle?

AssetBundle - this is the resource itself file. UABE - Unity Assets Bundle Extractor. Although, it would be more correct to name an extractor/importer or so.

Hey guys, sorry for the noob question. As you'll see below, I'm not a techie extraordinaire.
We're trying to translate a JP game into English, and UABE is doing an excellent job of converting all the files we need in order to do that. My question is, how do we put them back?

Basically, the game has its files organised as a combination of a compressed file that doesn't seem to have an extension (?) and a .manifest (both have the same name). Inside the compressed file lie .png image files, and .dat text files. We export the .png as .png and the .dat as .txt, which yields excellent results.
But at some point, we'll need to convert the .txt back into .dat, put the .dat and .png back into the compressed file, and finally make that available as a mod.

Is this something UABE can do, and if so, is there a tutorial for that anywhere, or would I need to look elsewhere?

EDIT: Should have added - I've been modifying the exported .txt files and trying to reimport them using plugin > text import, but that doesn't seem to work (it doesn't actually overwrite the old file with the new one) and I'm not sure what to do, or if I'm even doing the right thing.

Thank you very much in advance!

Edited by Elze
Forgot some info (see edit history)

On 8/21/2020 at 8:07 AM, SickPuppy said:

A19 seems to have altered some things. I've used this UABE for years to remove the night time spooky music from the resource.assets file
https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/4388-how-to-remove-bg-spooky-music-at-night

After removing the sound files the game is stuck on the start loading screen with 'Gamesparks preview mode' in the bottom left corner, tried disabling gamesparks in game launcher but still stuck on loading. Any ideas?

I've did that yesterday on the latest patch (A19 Stable B180) and I have not experienced any issues so far. So I'm guessing maybe there was an issue with the file in the first place, like getting corrupted during patch. Try it again with fresh one.

Edit: For clarity, I've only removed the oneshot sounds, not the daybreak/nightfall, so there's still an option that one of those two break something.

Edited by Jonxx (see edit history)

Hi,

I have some assetbundle files listed below from this game 'Tower of Saviors', and I want to extract them.

https://ab.tosconfig.com/assetBundleFiles/android/43B376A89BD0C9E39E408C5A0143436563CEAB6D.assetbundle
https://ab.tosconfig.com/assetBundleFiles/android/CC54ADA3298065E0C169EE94001273A5C150EB50.assetbundle
https://ab.tosconfig.com/assetBundleFiles/android/E1188C052DCCB0408B1635BF5A8ACA9713E5B147.assetbundle
https://ab.tosconfig.com/assetBundleFiles/android/6F239089E212E41AC016FA7D067884ECA5A87F99.assetbundle
https://ab.tosconfig.com/assetBundleFiles/android/E5D39CD982835DE161C2D6C0366988106C74A6E3.assetbundle

These files erased the version numbers in the file header.

I can make sure one thing is they build these file in Unity Version "2019.3.0f6".

Can I use unity assets bundle extractor to repack them to a assetbundle file?

Sorry,my english is not well. Thanks

@JerryChung

These are some small files - i don't think they contain anything useful.

I couldn't open them using UABE.

It is not clear what kind of "repackaging to assetbundle" we are talking about. 

In short, UABE is intended for exporting and importing elements/data from the asset. It can also unpack/pack a bundle - but this is something like compression... as i understand it.

On 9/7/2020 at 11:24 PM, n2n1 said:

Hey guys, the UABE databases are outdated now - we're waiting for an update.

The posts in before of you discuss similar issues.

Please tell me where the author of the program disappeared? And will there be an update to support archives from Unity 2020?

• DerPopo changed the title to UABE - Asset Bundle Extractor