Decrease POI quest repetition

Cernwn

Have you ever had the following happen?

You go to a trader, pickup a quest, complete it, turn it back in. Check for another quest, but it is the same EXACT POI you completed a quest in the other day. What, there are no other Tier 4 POIs besides Waterworks? WTF?

I am going to make a couple assumptions here, which may or may not be true. Correct me if I'm wrong, because that is probably the case. My theory of why the above happens, is because the game only pulls from a POI list of an appropriate Tier, from within a limited radius of the trader giving the quest.

So here are my two suggestions:

1) Increase the distance radius of POIs which trader quests are allowed to pull from. Higher Tier quests SHOULD be further away, thus requiring more time to complete, but give better rewards. Increasing this radius should allow for a wider selection of quest POIs, so the same ones should repeat less frequently.

2)When a POI quest is completed, move that particular POI to the BOTTOM of the list the trader pulls from when assigning quests. This will give other POIs a chance to be experienced by players and reduce quest repetitiveness.

This does not happen often for me. Maybe because I play overhauls with lots of extra POIs with quest or with CompoPack. Could have happened in experimental more, but that was while ago. In 80 or more hours I have played WoW overhaul since released, its happened once.

You're pretty spot on with the guess of limited radius as I'm pretty sure that is the case; Each tier does have an increasingly large area it searches for valid POI's. T5 quests can send you basically anywhere in the map; T2 quests have a limit of something like 2500 meters though, i think? T3 is 2000~, T2 is 1500~, T1 is 1000~ -- These numbers are my personal experience; not numbers from an xml or anything.

Sometimes you just end up with really bad luck and a trader might only have one or two POI's that fit a tier within range. Best bet would be to go to a second trader that is a ways away from the first and try accepting quests there instead.

This has happened to me, but i blamed my small map size. I do not play larger maps often, as I tend to venture too far off and i never make it back home safely and getting my items after dying.... long story short, im a noob. but yea... the quests do repeat often on Tier 4 as well for me. I want more Tier 4 quests or farther radius too, if it is radius based.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2020 at 12:37 PM, Cernwn said:

Have you ever had the following happen?

You go to a trader, pickup a quest, complete it, turn it back in. Check for another quest, but it is the same EXACT POI you completed a quest in the other day. What, there are no other Tier 4 POIs besides Waterworks? WTF?

I am going to make a couple assumptions here, which may or may not be true. Correct me if I'm wrong, because that is probably the case. My theory of why the above happens, is because the game only pulls from a POI list of an appropriate Tier, from within a limited radius of the trader giving the quest.

So here are my two suggestions:

1) Increase the distance radius of POIs which trader quests are allowed to pull from. Higher Tier quests SHOULD be further away, thus requiring more time to complete, but give better rewards. Increasing this radius should allow for a wider selection of quest POIs, so the same ones should repeat less frequently.

2)When a POI quest is completed, move that particular POI to the BOTTOM of the list the trader pulls from when assigning quests. This will give other POIs a chance to be experienced by players and reduce quest repetitiveness.

This will be handled later on as the devs give the game more TLC.
What basically occours is that the pool for quest pois are tied not only to tier levels but PoI 'IDs'
The pimps have to go in and update each tier list with the new PoI IDs and since they are adding more PoI atm in prep for A19, they simply havnt given this a pass yet, as theyd have to do the work twice.
They are currently going thru the game and assigning dev blocks resources' needed so players can now craft new blocks and bases so, trust. It will come. :D

On 4/21/2020 at 9:38 AM, NoaAldritt said:

You're pretty spot on with the guess of limited radius as I'm pretty sure that is the case; Each tier does have an increasingly large area it searches for valid POI's. T5 quests can send you basically anywhere in the map; T2 quests have a limit of something like 2500 meters though, i think? T3 is 2000~, T2 is 1500~, T1 is 1000~ -

I haven't experienced different radi for tiers. For me it looks more like the radius is ~2000m for all quests.

But if they tier quests have different radi imho it should be exactly the other way round. Since you are usually more advanced already when starting higher tier quests. So if you get a T4/5 3km away, you most likely already have at least a minibike. If you get a T1 quest on day one 3km away and you need to walk, you are "fucked".

The real problem is, pois need to support one tier of quests and there seem to be way fewer "questable" pois the higher the tier becomes. And they need to be within the quest radius of the trader.

For T5 i already had the situation that from on trader apparently the only t5 poi in range was one shamway factory. If i tool the t5 quest, i ALWAYS got the factory. Iirc the only T5 quest pois is the shamway factory and the shotgun messiah factory. At least i haven't gotten anything else through various games yet. Also i had trader which gave me no T5 at all, apparently because there was no t5-poi in range at all.

As i mentioned already about half a year ago, imho there should be a cooldown on each poi per quest so that you can not get the same poi in a row. Better make the trader provide lower tier quests instead if there is no higher tier available due to cooldown. And yes, in theory a trader might temorarily even run out of quests.

Archived