Snufkin's Server Side WeaponS

Snufkin

Just updated Snufkinweapons and lootaddon both are in the download

changed , You can now make the LootboxMachine at the workbench

Weapons can be found in chests but are very rare

you can find green red Yellow Purple tickets that you use in the  LootboxMachine to buy guns

seems to work on servers and SP

tested the best i could  

SnufkinWeaponsandAddon.zip

2 minutes ago, oakraven said:

you can find green red Yellow Purple tickets that you use in the  LootboxMachine to buy guns

tested the best i could  

SnufkinWeaponsandAddon.zip 35.06 kB · 0 downloads

Good work dude, glad you got it all sorted :D

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/28/2020 at 12:40 AM, oakraven said:

tested the best i could 

Hiho, can you try to fix it again for 19.1? They work but a few has a visual bug. 

Would be nice 😃

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/23/2020 at 5:54 AM, Slawa said:

Hiho, can you try to fix it again for 19.1? They work but a few has a visual bug. 

Would be nice 😃

Hey Slawa, I checked out the mod and see what you mean about visual bugs. It's as if some of the prefabs in the buffs, entitytypes, and items xmls are not attaching or not attaching and remaining attached. The buff code for this mod and the vehicle code appear to be slightly different for checking and updating while the items and entityclasses entries do not appear to have any checking code to double check things are being applied. Maybe A19 is not performing the prefab incorporations as well as it could be for mods. The vehicle code may need the occasional vehicle to be picked up and placed again for the first instance but after that it seems to hold well. The weapons could occasionally appear properly but this was the exception.

I could see:

- Unknown particle effect for the m60 (Rocket launcher icon weapon)

- Railgin, PP-19 Bizon, Polearm, Vulcan mesh prefab is not applying

I couldn't duplicate the error from your image but wasn't sure what weapon/ammo action it related to. Can you add a list of all the weapons and issues you are aware of so we can see where things need looking at?

Such an awesome mod overall and it would be great to restore. It looks like oakraven made some great strides to get it going again and updates may have introduced some new challenges.

I will upload my half fixed mod later (if im home). 

Funny part is, every weapon works but the kronos and vulcan needs to be swapped from the inventory, back to the toolbelt, to remove the visual bug.

And that screen in the other topic was just a link to this one here ^^

On 8/27/2020 at 3:40 PM, oakraven said:

tested the best i could  

SnufkinWeaponsandAddon.zip 35.06 kB · 21 downloads

Nice man. Works with firearms expansion v3 and A19 (with whatever latest steam pushed update is). Apart from the 4 @Hunter motioned in post above that have no mesh (nothing visible once equipped). They do appear briefly if you put them in storage and then equip and then are gone after you roll on/off them on toolbelt. Still neat though for the ones that work. 

Edited by Dre (see edit history)

What i changed for 19.1 to fix the invisible bug (for most of the weapons):

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStart" action="AddPart"....

To:

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionUpdate" action="AddPart"....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u3yw7kc5jueyai1/Custom Attach Weapons.rar?dl=0

I fixed the most part by myself but have trouble with this 3 items:

Bugs:

1: Vampire Gauntlets has no range -> Fixed, thanks to @oakraven

2: Kronos is sometimes invisible -> Fixed

3: Vulcan is completly useless, white glow -> Fixed, thanks to @oakraven

Edited by Slawa (see edit history)

the Vampire Gauntlets can be fixed just change in item xml under Vampire Gauntlets

change #Other/Items?Weapons/Melee/Knives/machetePrefab.prefab to

#Other/Items?Weapons/Melee/Knives/hunting_knifePrefab.prefab

There are 12 places that need changing with it

Hope that helps

7 minutes ago, Slawa said:

Vulcan works now and the link above is updated. Thanks goes to @oakraven :)

Kronos still left (visual bug/invisible sometimes).

The pair of you are really bringing this together. Just that Kronos. Interesting code onSelfPrimaryActionUpdate and a good find. Good tracking!

One version has bugged weapons, but adds the weapons into loot tables and includes the original loot box addon. Other version of the mod has the fixed version of weapons, but doesn't add any of them into the loot tables, neither does it include the loot box addon.

The original is still unmatched... :)

6 hours ago, mr.devolver said:

One version has bugged weapons, but adds the weapons into loot tables and includes the original loot box addon. Other version of the mod has the fixed version of weapons, but doesn't add any of them into the loot tables, neither does it include the loot box addon.

The original is still unmatched... :)

Just for fun I just tried the updated loot from @oakraven posted 9/27 with the updated guns posted by @Slawa  10/14. Loot box/ticket stuff shows up in creative but isn't functional. 

2 hours ago, Dre said:

Just for fun I just tried the updated loot from @oakraven posted 9/27 with the updated guns posted by @Slawa  10/14. Loot box/ticket stuff shows up in creative but isn't functional. 

This is what happens when two different people are trying to fix one mod separately from each other. You end up with two different versions and both of them come with their own issues lol

To make it even more hilarious, everyone will blame author Y for the mod number 2, when in reality they are having issues with the mod number 1 from the author X.

You guys invented a modding satire. 🤣

Edited by mr.devolver (see edit history)

@mr.devolver Naw man I'm always  personally grateful for any mod regardless of issues or not (I also try not to bug authors for help, use google etc and spend my own time trouble shooting). Someone created it with time and knowledge both valuable and limited resources (esp. time). I've got so much enjoyment over the years from modded games like Skyrim & 7days.

Personally I try to never offer negative comments, no energy for it or enough know-how to be helpful but ya I've seen that toxic stuff in mod forums.  

@oakraven Figured that I just did it for fun (tried your loot with his 19.1, didn't expect it to work).  :)

Edited by Dre (see edit history)