Snufkin's Server Side WeaponS

Snufkin

On 10/14/2020 at 5:49 AM, Slawa said:

aaaand the kronos works. should be everything fine now  :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u3yw7kc5jueyai1/Custom Attach Weapons.rar?dl=0

I really want this to work but I keep getting this red error in the console that locks up the client. 

I realize I have a few mods already running on the server and that could be my conflict but from what I see it's just an item with the same name. Pretty sure I can just rename it and that should fix that right?

output_log__2020-10-16__11-37-06.txt

On 10/16/2020 at 5:53 PM, Slawa said:

There are 2 errors but one makes no sense and has nothing to do with the weapon mod.

Give it a try and swap this sound.xml in your custom weapon mod:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/soxhkvn6jd8jc7s/sounds.rar?dl=0

That seems to have fixed it. I did see a three lines of red errors pop up after i got into the world, but they didn't seem to cause any harm to the server or client stability, was able to pull weapons from the creative menu and they seem fine. Will test more extensively as I get time. THANK YOU for your help with this one!!

also, yeah, that other one is from bdubya's wasteland mod i think. it's been working fine for the last month though so I haven't worried about it.

On 10/17/2020 at 10:48 PM, magejosh said:

That seems to have fixed it. I did see a three lines of red errors pop up after i got into the world, but they didn't seem to cause any harm to the server or client stability, was able to pull weapons from the creative menu and they seem fine. Will test more extensively as I get time. THANK YOU for your help with this one!!

also, yeah, that other one is from bdubya's wasteland mod i think. it's been working fine for the last month though so I haven't worried about it.

can confirm I updated server to alpha 19.2 and still works without crashing. Thanks Again Slawa for that sounds.xml fix. 

Am I missing something or is there a more recent update on this mod? I downloaded it, run it on a solo game, and got a bunch of errors related to items not found. So I tinkered with items.xml and changed things like for example property "CustomIcon" for railgun to "gunRifleT2MarksmanRifle" instead of "gunMR10".  I kinda got most to work... still facing issue with the railgun...

But yeah, I'm interested to add the basemod (only) to a server. And I would be VERY tempted to add my own recipes for those guns that yet don't have them. But I would assume this is a big no-no for a public server ;) Anyways, but back to the original question. Is there an actual "updated" version of this for A19.2 stable? Or am I just being stupid and not seeing it. Thanks in advance!

9 minutes ago, Catman said:

Oakraven was kind enough to help me out with fixed version of the base mod. Tried it out and seemed to work just fine! I wanted to make the Newcomen craftable, and therefore did some changes. Per my solo game testing, looks to be working, couldn't produce bugs. Would like to use this on my public server, if that is ok.

snufkinsweaponsbaseupdate.zip 26.24 kB · 0 downloads

Hi Catman, oakraven and Slawa have helped to make the A18 version compatible with A19 as Snufkin is taking a sabbatical at the moment. In another thread Snufkin kindly gave Slawa permission to update and support the Snufkin range of mods and shared this permission with the community. Slawa has been working hard on this mod in the background and made some functional changes to bring it to A19. oakraven has also given immeasurable support and feel free to use the mod on your server with any edits you like based on Snufkin's previous comments to the community. Snufkin also allowed me to support the Snufkin Zombies mod in the same spirit. (In fact an important update was released today as a quest bug was shared and it got a patch)

As such, it will be really helpful if you use this on your public server and give feedback so that it gets closer to an A19 Stable release.

Hello, by the way, and see you in your server.

8 hours ago, ShoudenKalferas said:

In case anyone is interested, I've got this working under A19.2 without any errors:

https://github.com/XelaNull/Snufkins_CustomWeapons/archive/Snufkins_CustomWeapons_A19.2_1.0.zip

So, i tested this on my public linux server and offline too and the results are those : 

- Bizon, Railgun, Vulcan and Polearm I CAN NOT SEE WHEN USING !!!

- Kronos XII i see, but in front of it i see a yellow like-light thing so i dont see what i am shooting at !!!

Theres no matter if it is on server or offline, same issues im getting...using alpha 19.2 offcourse...

@PeNa1979 I know @arramus is working on a version with Oaks help (with some new guns also). I'm running it now without issue but not i'm not running Linux which I understand needs some extra stuff in the xmls (like capital letters). He will probably make a new thread?

When they don't appear try putting them into storage and picking back up. 

Edited by Dre (see edit history)

33 minutes ago, Dre said:

@PeNa1979 I know @arramus is working on a version with Oaks help (with some new guns also). I'm running it now without issue but not i'm not running Linux which I understand needs some extra stuff in the xmls (like capital letters). He will probably make a new thread?

When they don't appear try putting them into storage and picking back up. 

I hope he will figure out why some weapons dont work...i love Snuffkins server-side mods !!!

So for now, we have to be happy for Vehicles :)))

PS : can not try nothing because im playing strictly without cheats on my own server !!! :)))

4 hours ago, PeNa1979 said:

I hope he will figure out why some weapons dont work...i love Snuffkins server-side mods !!!

PS : can not try nothing because im playing strictly without cheats on my own server !!! :)))

Yes, PeNa. This is something we all really hope for as the weapons are just superb.

Based on the posting history:

1. Slawa has been working on restoring the original version to A19.

2. oakraven has been supporting the restoration and also expanding on the original with his own weapon types which he kindly let me test. I shall ask him if we can share here for testing before it gets its own thread.

3. Shoudenkalferas has also kindly looked at the files and helped restore to A19.2 even though there may be some things to tweak.

If oakraven accepts, I'll try to list all the efforts that have been made so far so you can see which one is best for you at the moment.

Our hope it the same as yours, a) A fully restored Snufkin Weapons for A19 - b) Possible expansions like with the vehicles.

It's just nice to see Slawa, oakraven, and Shoudenkalferas make good progress to this point.

On 11/3/2020 at 10:51 AM, PeNa1979 said:

Hi PeNa.

Here is an expansion version which is in test phase and gives Snufkin's weapons stability as well as adding additional weapons.

As it is still in testing phase, you may experience some issues with models. However, I think you will be surprised that this is quite rare. Some of the issues appear to be inherent to the game and there is not a great deal that can be done to stabilise it at the mod level.

1 hour ago, arramus said:

Hi PeNa.

HELLO !!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!!

I just tested all weapons offline, and everything looks working 100% !!! :):):) SO IM SO MUCH HAPPY FOR IT :) :):)

I go to sleep now, is almost morning...but later i will test it on public server with linux...

But i think then i need to rename this my server to something like : 7Days To Fallout :):):)

Edited by PeNa1979 (see edit history)

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, slychotico_man said:

am I missing something here im trying to build the railgun and it says i do not have the resources to make it but i have all the resources.

You are missing nothing and I can confirm that the railgun is producible with the suggested parts. I am using the Xpansion pack version which is also listed in this mods section and it is reproducible. This was performed on a dedicated server albeit with CM so I could access the parts.

20210118122608_1.thumb.jpg.fc63d92f31996c999b7316a86376d584.jpg

the lootboxes are not showing up in my world can someone share the most upto date mods for lootboxes please these are the mods i have and some weapons are showing up other i can not find. all the zombies are showing up that mods working excellent.

Snufkins_CustomWeapons-Snufkins_CustomWeapons_A19.2_1.0 (1).zip snufkinsweaponsbaseupdate (2).zip Snufkin_CustomWeapons (2).zip

Edited by slychotico_man (see edit history)

20 hours ago, slychotico_man said:

the lootboxes are not showing up in my world can someone share the most upto date mods for lootboxes please these are the mods i have and some weapons are showing up other i can not find. all the zombies are showing up that mods working excellent.

Snufkins_CustomWeapons-Snufkins_CustomWeapons_A19.2_1.0 (1).zip 37.42 kB · 1 download snufkinsweaponsbaseupdate (2).zip 26.24 kB · 1 download Snufkin_CustomWeapons (2).zip 213.63 kB · 0 downloads

Remove all of these as they contain the same assets and will conflict. Go to the first post in this thread and you will find the most up to date version of the weapons/loot box. That is the only one you will need. It contains 2 mods; one for weapons and one for loot box add on. 

On 1/24/2021 at 3:55 PM, arramus said:

Remove all of these as they contain the same assets and will conflict. Go to the first post in this thread and you will find the most up to date version of the weapons/loot box. That is the only one you will need. It contains 2 mods; one for weapons and one for loot box add on. 

Apologies, I was mistaken. Go to this thread and download the Xpansion version. It has all of Snufkin's finest weapons and the Loot Box with some additional extras.

8 hours ago, Sidetrackd said:

Forgive me if I am missing something...but I cant locate the ammo for the railgun...neither lootable or craftable...

Thanks

I also recommend updating to the Xpansion version as the ammo (including for the railgun) and weapons are easier to locate in the Workbench.

This version includes all of Snufkin's greats plus the Xpansion additions. Some of Snufkin's assets needed to be searched in the original version and now they have been added to their appropriate weapons/traps - ammo type areas.