Harvest one stalactite, mine collapses

RayThePurple

Oops! The mines are, as far as I know, pre-gen sort of like an underground POI, not part of the RNG terrain building so you would think that SI was ensured by the designer. Maybe because the mine was placed in sand the SI didn't hold? I would also have expected the designer to account for that, or to have a "desert mine" POI which is built somewhat differently from a "dirt mine" POI.

I haven't even found a mine entrance yet after about 30 in-game days. Didn't exactly spend those days searching for a mine of course, but we've driven hither and yon and never seen one. All of our mines are lovingly hand-crafted by yours truly. :-)

there is a POI that collapse when you harvest the wrong stalactite, it's one on the right side of the cave if i remember right

it happens at least from a16 and has nothing to do with the tipe of terrain, it happens everywhere that POI is placed

This stalactite was the closest to the entrance, front and center.

A lot of times you can’t even place supports because the collapse can happen by simply placing a block as well.

I fricking hate the SI system tbh, it needs to be redone, I never build a base because I always put 1 block too much, and instead of JUST the block I placed coming down/sliding off, it starts a cascade that ends up taking the entire base down, all because of one block. Maybe when your 1 block away from a collapse it could make a sound, maybe have some particle effect to show the player its strained and that the next block WILL cause a collapse. Or better, when building stuff just have the most recent block that went over the stick limit fall and have the rest stay as they are.

had a cobblestone tower base I made, was working on the 3rd floor, floor 1 and 2 were completly stable according to the debug thing that lets u view SI, So I started making floor 3.. well, I put 1 to many blocks and not only did it take floor 3 out, it cascaded and also destroy floor 2 and 1, which according to the game should have been perfectly stable no matter what happened on floor 3.

Now a days I most use a poi as a base, namely church_sm_01, build base by the cross beams by the roof, its stable enough with cobblestone that the only way it'll collapse is if both walls of the church somehow get taken out, if you knock out the back stairs, the zombies will only come in from the front, and they NEVER attack the back or sides, they run around to the front and come in that way. Got a nice little setup I use, handles everything cept demo zombies easly, to the point they never get past the first barrier, and this is without any of the cheese AI strats, second they get to the spot I left weak for them to hit, I just kill them usually before they can swing at anything.

It's kind of a bug.. for that specific POI it looks like it's defined as "dig this shape into the world terrain by removing blocks". Add the non-supporting gravel blocks of the world and that thing becomes a testing nightmare :)

Sure it might just be unstable however it spawns, but if that's the place I remember, I've lived there quite a few nights clearing all the nitrate etc; so I'll blame gravel-replacements on the "supporting columns"

Archived