Concrete bases are useless!!!

Biscoitoso

The demolishers are the character type that breaks balance. Normally, any extremely strong enemy will be slower and attack slower, might also have a bunch of hp. Weaker enemies will be faster but with less hp and high attack rate. This balances things so they both cause issues and can devastate in their own ways. The demolisher is the strong enemy that deals massive damage with basic attacks (500 block damage) and even more massive with explosive damage (5000 block damage). Then the bastard has a ton of hp that I believe is the highest of any zombie in the game. Then he has armor...a lot of it. He can be stunned, knocked down, as many as 3 times before he finally falls the final time. Your weapons that seem OP on every other zombie seems pathetically weak against him.

I consider the demolisher to be a combination of what should be two separate zombies. Might make a mod for it when I'm done with my current project. Until then we need to keep on the devs and hope they pick up that people are not happy with the current implementation.

Im reading all of the following comments after mine and would like to discuss them globally, because i wont quote everyone of them, that would make my post too long lol.

In the grand scheme of things, we had to expect something that would feature brutal burst damage. This is a tower-defence game and super-tough structures from seasoned players in end-game stages should be challenged accordingly. No problem here. Demos are a solution, the easiest one. But quite frankly, the output damage could be toned down. 2500-3000 damage for the explosion should be enough. It would still destroy regular Cobblestone and Upgraded Cobblestone (2500HP) but not reinforced Concrete. One would blow up and the significant damage would be critical, but not fatal. People work their asses of to build complex and sturdy bases and it should pay off by withstanding at least a single explosion.

Now, that would be a warning. If you dont elevate your game, you know damn well that the next one who blows up will send your remaining Concrete flying away. Keep the Armor rating and toughness of the Demos, i dont care. But a single 5000 damage shot? Its an obivous, cheap shot at reinforced Concrete. People spend time and lots of resources to upgrade to this material and the minute they proudly feel they can keep enjoying the game, nope! 5000 hit points for nothing. This is a bit lame.

Again, im not saying that our bases should never be tested and challenged and remain in pristine condition. I for one, enjoy damage evalutation in the aftermath and proceeding to upgrade my base. Im dont even want them to remove Demos. But they could slack up a bit on burst damage. That's all im saying.

<!-- Demolition Zombie Adjustment -->
<set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name='zombieDemolition']/property[@name='Explosion.RadiusBlocks']/@value">4</set>
<set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name='zombieDemolition']/property[@name='Explosion.RadiusEntities']/@value">8</set>
<set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name='zombieDemolition']/property[@name='Explosion.BlockDamage']/@value">2250</set>
<set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name='zombieDemolition']/property[@name='Explosion.EntityDamage']/@value">300</set>
<set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name='zombieDemolition']/property[@name='Explosion.DamageBonus.earth']/@value">0.05</set>

ofc this is in xpath form.

Takes 3-4 of them going off near the same place, against RConcrete.

<!-- Demolition Zombie Adjustment -->
<set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name='zombieDemolition']/property[@name='Explosion.RadiusBlocks']/@value">4</set>
<set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name='zombieDemolition']/property[@name='Explosion.RadiusEntities']/@value">8</set>
<set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name='zombieDemolition']/property[@name='Explosion.BlockDamage']/@value">2250</set>
<set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name='zombieDemolition']/property[@name='Explosion.EntityDamage']/@value">300</set>
<set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name='zombieDemolition']/property[@name='Explosion.DamageBonus.earth']/@value">0.05</set>

ofc this is in xpath form.

Takes 3-4 of them going off near the same place, against RConcrete.

Oh so the Wiki is wrong? It mentions 5k block dmg and 800 entity dmg.

Oh so the Wiki is wrong? It mentions 5k block dmg and 800 entity dmg.

Are you basing your feedback on wiki info? If so I recommend actually playing against them first.

All the hate on demos are over inflated imo. Most of the negative feedback are from those who are misinformed or play on really high difficulty or are unwillingly to adapt new base strategies.

There are a few videos linked in this thread alone of successful demo defenses.

Are you basing your feedback on wiki info? If so I recommend actually playing against them first.

All the hate on demos are over inflated imo. Most of the negative feedback are from those who are misinformed or play on really high difficulty or are unwillingly to adapt new base strategies.

There are a few videos linked in this thread alone of successful demo defenses.

If you keep track of the discussion, you'll see that i mentioned i actually played against them and secondly, i dont hate them. I dont mind them but i have my own grain of salt about the subject. I know how to deal with them and how they operate.

If the 7DtD wiki isnt accurate, i cant know, i dont have special powers. So far, what i needed to consult was right from that source.

If you keep track of the discussion, you'll see that i mentioned i actually played against them and secondly, i dont hate them. I dont mind them but i have my own grain of salt about the subject. I how to deal with them and how they operate.

If the 7DtD wiki isnt accurate, i cant know, i dont have special powers. So far, what i needed to consult was right from that source.

I agree that some more balancing with them wouldnt hurt.

IMO there are a few options to change on the demo.

1 - tone down the damage to blocks by melee attacks drastically and keep the explosion damage as is

2 - tone down the explosion damage and radius just a little more than the cops explosion, but keep the melee damage, the melee damage wrecks R conc in two hits.

I would probably choose option 1. However, at the same time, I also think that increasing the hp values of blocks and durability of traps should increase a lot. Blocks could get a bonus % to hp/"amour" if they are backed by another block type.

Not a fan of the current demo as we also have the cop that explodes too :/ its just a powered-up cop with a sensitive nipple

Archived