Doughs modlets

doughphunghus

On 6/19/2023 at 2:00 PM, kallamgu said:

I realized that in a21 putting "0" in the moon ambience doesn't seem to make much difference, is there a way to edit the moon phases? I would love a very dark night

I don't think moon phases can be edited with XML, though there were (years ago?) some posts about changing what is "in the sky" (like custom skies) but I've never seen a published mod do it, It seemed to be more of a "this can be done if you know enough"

EDIT:

Also (the forum is merging my post with this one below into a single post.. oh well this is for "everyone"):

Update: These mods are updated/lightly tested for a21.  See the first post on this thread for download links and notes/known issues

Also: I'm renaming my mods to have a more standardized naming convention.

Ambiance-DarkIndoors

Ambiance-DarkNights

Ambiance-WholeLottaFog

Backpack-AddEncumberanceToAllSlots

NewbieCoat-Remove

UI-AddLowerLootPercentageOptions

UI-AddMoreDayLightHoursOptions

UI-RemoveEntityHPBarButShowName

UI-RemoveCompassPoints

UI-RemoveDayAndTime

UI-RemoveEnvironmentalToolTips

UI-RemovePlayerItemsFromCompass

Weather-Core

On 5/6/2023 at 8:06 PM, Daevinski said:

Oh, okay... I totally understand. I'm already using some of your mods with UL and everything is really good.

Punishing Weather is my favorite, so I hope at some point you have the time and interest to update the add-ons and maybe improve it further.

Thanks anyway.

@Daevinski FYI: I've updated it a little for a21. its now called "Weather-Core".  I don't have the Medium and Light override mods yet, and I may make more edits to it after I get my other mods converted, so its a "version 1" for a21

Edited by doughphunghus (see edit history)

Update: Added a few more mods converted for a21 (always lightly tested). Some mods renamed to a new "standard" I'm trying.

Ailment: Infection Is Random And Quicker

Ailment: Fragile Leg Bones

Grenades: Add More Damage

Pipe Bombs: Add More Damage

UI: Remove The Map By Obscuring It

Hello. I downloaded your mod "Add more daylight hours option" because I wanted there to be 20 hours daylight. I was hoping for it to get dark at 24:00, and daytime at 04:00. however, zombies are still running at 22:00 and not at 24:00 (since I put 20 hours daylight) did I do something wrong or am i not understanding the mod?

10 hours ago, klaz4888 said:

Hello. I downloaded your mod "Add more daylight hours option" because I wanted there to be 20 hours daylight. I was hoping for it to get dark at 24:00, and daytime at 04:00. however, zombies are still running at 22:00 and not at 24:00 (since I put 20 hours daylight) did I do something wrong or am i not understanding the mod?

The mod only adds additional daylight options/hours to the menu, it doesn't do anything else. i don't think there is a way to set "when" morning or night begins/ends, so it sounds like the zombies/AI are hardcoded to think it is always night/dark" at 22:00, no matter what the sun says. I'll look and see if i can find a way to fix it or figure out if its "just the way the game is"

I think you are correct doughphunghus. I have often changed the daylight hours to 20 and the zombies have always started to run at 22:00.

I think they stop running though at 2:00 instead of the usual 4:00. 2:00 is also when I get the daytime music which is when I think they do start walking again.

7 hours ago, Gamida said:

I think you are correct doughphunghus. I have often changed the daylight hours to 20 and the zombies have always started to run at 22:00.

I think they stop running though at 2:00 instead of the usual 4:00. 2:00 is also when I get the daytime music which is when I think they do start walking again.

Hmmm....if this is repeatable with other hours of daylight, say 21, 22,23 i bet "midnight" (of whatever you want to call it) is hardcoded to be 22:00 instead of 24:00 and thats considered "midnight" or when hour "0" starts counting up to 24. I bet thats to always guarantee "horde night" starting at 22:00.

12 hours ago, Gamida said:

Yeah i realized this. however (at least for me) i feel as if daytime beginning at 02:00 is weird. I kinda wanted it dark at 24:00 and morning at 04:00. but thats just me nitpicking.

15 hours ago, doughphunghus said:

Hmmm....if this is repeatable with other hours of daylight, say 21, 22,23 i bet "midnight" (of whatever you want to call it) is hardcoded to be 22:00 instead of 24:00 and thats considered "midnight" or when hour "0" starts counting up to 24. I bet thats to always guarantee "horde night" starting at 22:00.

That is what I was thinking also. They wanted the horde night to always start at 22:00 no matter what day settings you had so that one was hard coded and the "day" would start at the time of your settings

10 hours ago, klaz4888 said:

Yeah i realized this. however (at least for me) i feel as if daytime beginning at 02:00 is weird. I kinda wanted it dark at 24:00 and morning at 04:00. but thats just me nitpicking.

Yeah because of the horde starting time I am guessing that is the only way they could have that setting.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having an issue with your vehicles in a21. I crafted the rat and cruiser and when we put them down and gassed them up the barely putted along. I mean they could be out ran on foot easily. Kinda ran like they had no gas (they did.)

Doesn't throw any errors. Marauder is slow as well.

Any thoughts?

1 hour ago, sandpaper600 said:

I'm having an issue with your vehicles in a21. I crafted the rat and cruiser and when we put them down and gassed them up the barely putted along. I mean they could be out ran on foot easily. Kinda ran like they had no gas (they did.)

Doesn't throw any errors. Marauder is slow as well.

Any thoughts?

I don't have/maintain a vehicles mod. Maybe "Bdubyas" vehicles?

Hi,

I was wandering if you are going to port these 2 mods (Bigger Chicken and Bunny and Bigger Buck and Doe) over for A21? I don't see small objects well and this was a lifesaver for me to be able to hunt. I use quite a few of your mods and appreciate all the hard work you do for gamers-just wanted you to know! 🙂

26 minutes ago, hexgirl38 said:

Hi,

I was wandering if you are going to port these 2 mods (Bigger Chicken and Bunny and Bigger Buck and Doe) over for A21? I don't see small objects well and this was a lifesaver for me to be able to hunt. I use quite a few of your mods and appreciate all the hard work you do for gamers-just wanted you to know! 🙂

Thanks!

The original author may be taking these back and updating them (i don't know which of their mods they actually will update). If they choose to not update them ill see what i can do (i don't want to just publish someone else's original work/ideas on the side ) but they are relatively small mods so i imagine they will be updated. Its possible they do work in a21 without changes but i have not tested that.

@Jay_ombie for UI: Remove Day And Time ...

I loaded a new Navezgane game/map, with just this mod loaded and it loads on my system with no errors (in the F1 command window) and the day and time are removed in the game UI/top of the screen.

The game version is: alpha 21 b324

The mod version is: 21.0.0.1 (downloaded from the 7daystodie.com link, for the a21 version)

If you're not running other mods, and the game version and mod version you are using are identical, you might need to use Steam to validate the game files (run it a few times).  Sometimes it seems the game files get messed up, or a partial update occurs, etc.  Other than that I can't come up with a reason this mod would not run as intended unless the save game itself is corrupted in some way (which can happen).  If you are running other mods, especially any large overhaul mod or other UI mods not made my me, its likely this mod and another are "colliding" and causing weird issues.

13 minutes ago, Jay_ombie said:

First mod with A21..

alpha 21 b324..

Puzzling...

Can you put your game log somewhere i can see it (like upload it to dropbox or similar etc, and make it publicly available or set a password on it) then private message me the location/login? Im assuming that in the latest game log it will indicate "something" amiss, but it might not be easy to tell "what" that is.

there are usually warnings or errors in the log, so you can just look for those and send those lines to me if you dont want to post the log somewhere. Note that there usually seems to be a few warnings (and maybe errors?) that always occur naturally  in the log when you run the game so its not like finding some indicate its definitely from my mod.

On 7/14/2023 at 11:52 AM, hexgirl38 said:

Hi,

@hexgirl38 It appears Khelldon has updated this mod for a21 here:

11 hours ago, Hayran said:

Thanks for you updates, I waiting for the Nerf ItemStacks for play back the game.

Its coming very soon, prob this week. I have a few mods almost ready i have been testing "lightly". Getting "Sous Chef" updated has been more work than i anticipated, and i just finished it tonight, so i just have to update docs and do a few more things hopefully. For nerf ItemStacks i need to see if any of the stacks are too "low" to sell to traders and if they are, if having 2 stacks will work. It appears that traders now have (or its working now?) a "buy stack" minimum. A made up example would be: trader will only buy 100 nails at a time (you cannot sell 1 nail). Nerf item stacks makes a stack 50 nails. So ... can you sell any nails to the trader as all nail stacks are just 50? Hopefully ill figure it out. If you have 2 stacks of 50 nails and then the trader will buy both ... it would be annoying if a stack was super low but it would work. Id rather have at least the sellable stack limit be the same as a stack as that feels better, but well see how it works out!

Update: Added a few more mods converted for a21 (always lightly tested). Some mods renamed to a new "standard" I'm trying.

Blocks: Lower Stability
Blocks: Lower Stacking Amounts
Items: Lower Stacking Amounts

Lights: Harder To Craft

Food: Sous Chef Of The Apocalypse <- "Client Icons" mod for this not ready yet. See readme for several new updates to this mod.

@Hayran: The "Nerf Item Stacks" mod has been split into 2 mods (1 for items, the other for blocks) and are now the "Lower Stacking Amounts" mods above