Doughs modlets

doughphunghus

1 hour ago, magejosh said:

Possibly make them into entities that dont move or interact at all, then you can use the size scale property on their entityclasses entry.

interesting. I had not thought of that.  I haven't messed with the limits of how small something can get....... I'll see if this works.  Even if they're "kinda big" (not literal action figure size) it would still be neat.  I know there was a mod that had the "put an immovable zombie down as a trophy" so maybe I can pull from that one.

I've got the UI add 5 recipe slots mod installed and a larger backpack mod.

Yeah, the add 5 slots mod was a struggle for me.  I don't know how people are making the nice UI's (I would love to know how they're doing it) but I was literally making a change, loading the game, shutting it down, making a change, reloading... ugh... That mod has several things you have to mess with to make it even look remotely "normal".  I can't promise anything but I'll see if I can make it (or make a second one) compatible with the larger backpack. What is the larger backpack mod you are using?

You've got mail is awesome.

Thanks!

However i have noticed that a20 shifted to putting items mostly in lootgroups only and lootgroups in lootcontainers. It might be that you just need to make lootgroups for the items and add those lootgroups to the lootcontainers. You can create more modular control over random counts and probabilies that way as well. And if after listing prob=".05" or whatever it is if you add in force_prob="true" that will help make it actually use your listed probability.

Thanks again!  I will definitely try this.  I really wanted to get this working normally again. I really wish TFP added just a smidge of documentation in the loot.xml to explain what changed and how to convert to their new system, but I didn't examine too closely, just tried to merge it in with some of their named loot probabilities.  I have been testing in a game with a lot of other peoples mods and it appears several mods are also "broken" like mine.  waaaaaay too much loot (and repetitive loot, same stuff in every similar container) in everything.

Yeah that's because they are in the container and that makes them first in order of operations to check if they are selected to fill the count called for by the container. Then it moves on to the groups, because most of them are an unlisted perfect split probability balance that then calls on it's own list with weighted probability up to its count list, except when items are now throwing that balance off with their specific probability. Many of those lootgroups listed in the lootcontainers are in fact lists of more finely detailed lootgroups. Easiest fix is just finding a common item from the a19 container and seeing what group its in now and which one is the right fit if multiple is called on by the blocks you want it calling on. 

Mod Doughs-UI-Hide-TheDayAndTime

Hello.

Excuse me if I have not read all the pages, but I am not an English speaker.
I've been looking for a mod for a long time to stop showing days in the game.
Your mod is fantastic, but I want to let the hours and mintutes show.
What should I change in your file please?
Thanks in advance.
<configs>
  <!--
  Remove the day and time from under the compass
  Cannot make blank or a space :(
  Make it an arrow pointing to the compass....Its ugly, but it works for now.
  -->
  <set xpath="/windows/window[@name='windowCompass']/sprite[@pos='240,-60']/label/@text">^</set>

<!-- This wipes out the map bottom left hand corner navigation data
  AND also seems to trigger it all to work properly!? otherwise you can still see the map kinda
  -->
  <set xpath="/windows/window[@name='mapArea']/panel[@name='content']/panel[@name='mapView']/rect[@name='content']/sprite[@name='dayTimeIcon']/@color">[transparent]</set>
  <setattribute xpath="/windows/window[@name='mapArea']/panel[@name='content']/panel[@name='mapView']/rect[@name='content']/label[@name='dayTimeLabel']" name="color">[transparent]</setattribute>
</configs>

2 hours ago, noname835 said:

Mod Doughs-UI-Hide-TheDayAndTime

Hello.

Excuse me if I have not read all the pages, but I am not an English speaker.
I've been looking for a mod for a long time to stop showing days in the game.
Your mod is fantastic, but I want to let the hours and mintutes show.
What should I change in your file please?
Thanks in advance.
<configs>
  <!--
  Remove the day and time from under the compass
  Cannot make blank or a space :(
  Make it an arrow pointing to the compass....Its ugly, but it works for now.
  -->
  <set xpath="/windows/window[@name='windowCompass']/sprite[@pos='240,-60']/label/@text">^</set>

<!-- This wipes out the map bottom left hand corner navigation data
  AND also seems to trigger it all to work properly!? otherwise you can still see the map kinda
  -->
  <set xpath="/windows/window[@name='mapArea']/panel[@name='content']/panel[@name='mapView']/rect[@name='content']/sprite[@name='dayTimeIcon']/@color">[transparent]</set>
  <setattribute xpath="/windows/window[@name='mapArea']/panel[@name='content']/panel[@name='mapView']/rect[@name='content']/label[@name='dayTimeLabel']" name="color">[transparent]</setattribute>
</configs>

@noname835 I'm going to make a **guess** as I cannot test right now, but I believe you should change this line:

to this:

<set xpath="/windows/window[@name='windowCompass']/sprite[@pos='240,-60']/label/@text">{timetitle}: {time}</set>

If this does not work, let me know!

Edited by doughphunghus (see edit history)

2 hours ago, doughphunghus said:

@noname835 I'm going to make a **guess** as I cannot test right now, but I believe you should change this line:

to this:

<set xpath="/windows/window[@name='windowCompass']/sprite[@pos='240,-60']/label/@text">{timetitle}: {time}</set>

If this does not work, let me know!

It's fantastic, it works, thank you very much for such a quick response.

On 1/5/2022 at 7:09 AM, magejosh said:

Possibly make them into entities that dont move or interact at all, then you can use the size scale property on their entityclasses entry. Then just make a spawner block and make that found item that, so you place it and it gives the preview of the spawner block which you can use the mannequin block to create i think so you can see facing and then place the block and the tiny version will spawn into that space.

edit- maybe even use the umazombie template for this so you can use the player archetypes and make action figures out of each of those.

Also, while i know this isn't your problem to deal with I'm at the point where i have to admit i may not have enough understanding to fix this particular issue. I've got the UI add 5 recipe slots mod installed and a larger backpack mod. I setup the inspect panel to match the width of the new backpack size, but i keep struggling to fix the layout of the ingredients list to match the new size of 807 for the backpack window. 251570_20220105065427_1.thumb.png.810f6a3879979dabfc58295ddda30414.png

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

@magejoshI'm having trouble replicating this issue.  can you link to the backpack mod (or the XML you're using) you're trying to make this work with?  I tried Khaines 96 slot backpack mod and it fit pretty well, and then I changed the width on it to 807 and nothing changed. It looks like your mod is making it wider than the 96 "modded" one I tried, and the "ingredients" are working but the "background" to them (the grey part with black lines that makes it look like a nice table) is not expanding properly.

On 1/6/2022 at 10:16 PM, doughphunghus said:

@magejoshI'm having trouble replicating this issue.  can you link to the backpack mod (or the XML you're using) you're trying to make this work with?  I tried Khaines 96 slot backpack mod and it fit pretty well, and then I changed the width on it to 807 and nothing changed. It looks like your mod is making it wider than the 96 "modded" one I tried, and the "ingredients" are working but the "background" to them (the grey part with black lines that makes it look like a nice table) is not expanding properly.

Yeah, so i used PhD Bigger Backpack and Secure Storage Chests (A19)-912-1-3-1596905870 mod all a19, updated it to work in a20 with no real issues. I customized it to be reduced from 120 slots to 108 forever ago at this point and disabled the lock slots lines in the windows.xml because i was already using khaines lock slots mod. I'm also using your nerfbackpack size mod and set that to 12 slots unlocked at the start. After i get this recipe window fixed i'm gonna make an action skill that only adds up very slowly while encumbered and running to unlock more slots. 

Extraneous derail aside, yeah i'm at a loss on resizing the recipe windows to these sizes. I can send over my version of that mod if you have time to help.  Or if you can tell me which lines you changed the width values on to 807 and saw no issues that would probably get me to the right spot.

@magejoshwell.... I've been trying to figure out the ingredients mod changes to make it work and its not been easy.  Basically: This is one of my first mods and I fought and fought to make it work and now I have no idea how I was able to pull it off :)  Anyway, here's what I have so far, which might work for you?  its not symmetrical and I cannot got the grey backgrounds to work well at all...and there's a weird line going through the middle I don't know where its coming from...sigh... but anyway, here's what to do to my mod that might work for you (and ignore my notes, I gave up trying to use math to get things nice):

controls.xml:

<configs>
  <!-- Remove existing ingredient_row definition.  3 rectangles -->
  <remove xpath="/controls/ingredient_row" />

<!-- Add new ingredient_row definition.  2 rectangles (removed last one which is a column to the right), 1/2 the width, text made smaller, etc. -->
  <append xpath="/controls">
    <ingredient_row>

<!-- wanted = width 807
      ORIGINAL width 158+65+2 (border) = 225
      225+158 = 383. 383x2 = 603

-->
      <!-- ORIGINAL width 158+65+2 (border) = 225 , which is about 447/2 !
      SO: 807/2 = 403 (rounded up .5)
      -->
      <rect name="row" width="403" height="50" controller="IngredientEntry">
        <!-- ORIGINAL width 65 (icon) -->
        <rect depth="2" width="65" height="48">
          <!-- These 2 lines are the icon grey background -->
          <sprite depth="2" name="backgroundMain" sprite="menu_empty3px" pos="-3,2" width="71" height="53" color="[black]" type="sliced" fillcenter="false" />
          <sprite color="[lightGrey]" type="sliced" />

<!-- This line is the actual icon  -->
          <sprite depth="2" name="icon" width="56" height="40" atlas="ItemIconAtlas" sprite="{itemicon}" color="{itemicontint}" pos="30,-20" pivot="center" foregroundlayer="true"/>
        </rect>
        <!-- ORIGINAL width 158 (icon descripion) 
        SO: 404-65 = 339
        NOTE: 2 places to change below!
        -->
        <rect depth="2" width="336" height="48" pos="68,0">
          <!-- These 2 lines are the item text grey background -->
          <sprite depth="2" name="backgroundMain" sprite="menu_empty3px" pos="-3,2" width="255" height="53" color="[black]" type="sliced" fillcenter="false" />
         <!--  <sprite color="[lightGrey]" type="sliced" /> -->
          <!-- This line is teh actual item text-->
          <label depth="3" name="name" pos="80,-20" width="157" height="26" font_size="19" color="[labelColor]" justify="left" pivot="center" text="{itemname} {haveneedcount}"/>
        </rect>
      </rect>
    </ingredient_row>
   </append>
 </configs>

windows.xml:

<configs>

<!-- NEW LINE: widens crafting info panel-->
<set xpath="/windows/window[@name='craftingInfoPanel']/@width">807</set> <!-- was 603 -->

<set xpath="/windows/window[@name='craftingInfoPanel']/rect[@name='contentCraftingInfo']/sprite[@name='backgroundMain']/@width">807</set> <!-- was 603 -->

<!-- Remove existing ingredients rect.  Only 1 column, 5 fixed visible ingredients -->
  <remove xpath="/windows/window[@name='craftingInfoPanel']/rect[@name='contentCraftingInfo']/rect[@name='ingredients']" />

<!-- Add new ingredients rect.  2 columns, 10 fixed visible ingredients -->
  <insertAfter xpath="/windows/window[@name='craftingInfoPanel']/rect[@name='contentCraftingInfo']/rect[@name='description']" >
    <!-- ORIGINAL width="447" -->
    <rect depth="1" pos="153,-95" name="ingredients" width="807" height="264" visible="{showingredients}">

<!-- ORIGINAL width="450" cell_width=227-->
      <grid rows="5" cols="2" width="800" height="231" cell_height="50" cell_width="336" repeat_content="true" controller="IngredientList" arrangement="vertical">
        <ingredient_row/>
      </grid>
    </rect>

</insertAfter>
</configs>

here's what it looks like for me:

Screenshot from 2022-01-08 18-54-54.png

8 hours ago, doughphunghus said:

@magejoshwell.... I've been trying to figure out the ingredients mod changes to make it work and its not been easy.  Basically: This is one of my first mods and I fought and fought to make it work and now I have no idea how I was able to pull it off :)  Anyway, here's what I have so far, which might work for you?  its not symmetrical and I cannot got the grey backgrounds to work well at all...and there's a weird line going through the middle I don't know where its coming from...sigh... but anyway, here's what to do to my mod that might work for you (and ignore my notes, I gave up trying to use math to get things nice):

controls.xml:

<configs>
  <!-- Remove existing ingredient_row definition.  3 rectangles -->
  <remove xpath="/controls/ingredient_row" />

<!-- Add new ingredient_row definition.  2 rectangles (removed last one which is a column to the right), 1/2 the width, text made smaller, etc. -->
  <append xpath="/controls">
    <ingredient_row>

<!-- wanted = width 807
      225+158 = 383. 383x2 = 603

-->
      <!-- ORIGINAL width 158+65+2 (border) = 225 , which is about 447/2 !
      SO: 807/2 = 403 (rounded up .5)
      -->
      <rect name="row" width="403" height="50" controller="IngredientEntry">
        <!-- ORIGINAL width 65 (icon) -->
        <rect depth="2" width="65" height="48">
          <!-- These 2 lines are the icon grey background -->
          <sprite depth="2" name="backgroundMain" sprite="menu_empty3px" pos="-3,2" width="71" height="53" color="[black]" type="sliced" fillcenter="false" />
          <sprite color="[lightGrey]" type="sliced" />

<!-- This line is the actual icon  -->
          <sprite depth="2" name="icon" width="56" height="40" atlas="ItemIconAtlas" sprite="{itemicon}" color="{itemicontint}" pos="30,-20" pivot="center" foregroundlayer="true"/>
        </rect>
        <!-- ORIGINAL width 158 (icon descripion) 
        SO: 404-65 = 339
        NOTE: 2 places to change below!
        -->
        <rect depth="2" width="336" height="48" pos="68,0">
          <!-- These 2 lines are the item text grey background -->
          <sprite depth="2" name="backgroundMain" sprite="menu_empty3px" pos="-3,2" width="255" height="53" color="[black]" type="sliced" fillcenter="false" />
         <!--  <sprite color="[lightGrey]" type="sliced" /> -->
          <!-- This line is teh actual item text-->
          <label depth="3" name="name" pos="80,-20" width="157" height="26" font_size="19" color="[labelColor]" justify="left" pivot="center" text="{itemname} {haveneedcount}"/>
        </rect>
      </rect>
    </ingredient_row>
   </append>
 </configs>

windows.xml:

<configs>

<set xpath="/windows/window[@name='craftingInfoPanel']/@width">807</set> <!-- was 603 -->

<set xpath="/windows/window[@name='craftingInfoPanel']/rect[@name='contentCraftingInfo']/sprite[@name='backgroundMain']/@width">807</set> <!-- was 603 -->

<!-- Remove existing ingredients rect.  Only 1 column, 5 fixed visible ingredients -->
  <remove xpath="/windows/window[@name='craftingInfoPanel']/rect[@name='contentCraftingInfo']/rect[@name='ingredients']" />

<!-- Add new ingredients rect.  2 columns, 10 fixed visible ingredients -->
  <insertAfter xpath="/windows/window[@name='craftingInfoPanel']/rect[@name='contentCraftingInfo']/rect[@name='description']" >
    <!-- ORIGINAL width="447" -->
    <rect depth="1" pos="153,-95" name="ingredients" width="807" height="264" visible="{showingredients}">

<!-- ORIGINAL width="450" cell_width=227-->
      <grid rows="5" cols="2" width="800" height="231" cell_height="50" cell_width="336" repeat_content="true" controller="IngredientList" arrangement="vertical">
        <ingredient_row/>
      </grid>
    </rect>

</insertAfter>
</configs>

here's what it looks like for me:

Screenshot from 2022-01-08 18-54-54.png

That did the trick much better than my toying with numbers was doing! I fixed that grey line the other day, i don't remember the name of that window off the top of my head but i'll dig through my changes and see if i can find it for you. Here's what mine looks like now thanks to you.
251570_20220109030858_1.thumb.png.32852e1d1d15118c4c706d4e72ef8131.png

Now it's time to start overhauling recipes. You rock!

On 1/4/2022 at 3:49 PM, paulj_3 said:

A working Darker Inside will be great - but especially if it could be modified to recognise "underground" or "bunker"

I'm sort of positive ( thought I do not know) that the game doesn't know you're "underground", it just knows "elevation" and "enclosed", and "enclosed" is just " inside a box of blocks (essentially).  So I'm not sure how you'd change the darkness based on being in a cave/underground and make it a different darkness when inside a building on the surface.  They (currently, with XML) appear to be equivalent. There is an "elevation" statistic but you can be at bedrock and "outdoors' if you're in a canyon.  maybe C# coding could do something interesting...

The only "fix" I know of today  is "inside = total darkness, lights needed".  it does look a little washed out when inside a building and sun is in the windows though as I believe when this occurs you can be inside (total darkness) and look out through an open door and the "sunny outside" looks all dark until you step outside.  I think its because teh game says "if inside, use this darkness spectrum on the players eyes" vs "illuminate all blocks in the area properly according to illumination".  I'm probably wrong about this and its "both" as I've seem some videos about voxel games and lighting and it seems the lighting may be calculated in weird ways because they're voxels and just "surfaces".  Another VERY high possibility is that my PC is so old and janky that IF I could turn my graphics up to Ultra suddenly it would work perfectly (light wise).

Anyway, I'll put the idea on the back burner if I can get into C# modding for this game as there's another thing they used to? have which is "temperature changes based on elevation" and I think that's a neat idea.  higher you go (mountains), the colder it gets, etc.  but I feel being "underground" needs to have some special work as.. temp should change but get warmer after going down about 20 blocks... or something, but in desert I imagine it should be cooler... so in my opinion,,, making underground base should be the "encouraged" one to use, temperature wise.  When underground you're shielded from the environment... but maybe "too far underground" and its just hot.

On 1/5/2022 at 9:29 AM, magejosh said:

Yeah that's because they are in the container and that makes them first in order of operations to check if they are selected to fill the count called for by the container. Then it moves on to the groups, because most of them are an unlisted perfect split probability balance that then calls on it's own list with weighted probability up to its count list, except when items are now throwing that balance off with their specific probability. Many of those lootgroups listed in the lootcontainers are in fact lists of more finely detailed lootgroups. Easiest fix is just finding a common item from the a19 container and seeing what group its in now and which one is the right fit if multiple is called on by the blocks you want it calling on. 

I think I found another wrinkle, based on what I'm seeing...

It *appears* that a loot group has a "count" attribute that defaults? to "all" (maybe, not sure).  Anyway, if a lootgroup has 3 lootgroups inside it, it *seems* that the lootgroup says "therefore there will be 1 from each lootgroup put into the container.", so in game you open it and you get 3 items, one from each lootgroup.  like "its forced" as if probabilities are not used?  I'm sure they are but there's some trick to it.  Anyway, I'm noticing that yeah as you said the "lootcontainers are now lootgroups with lootgroups" in the new code (so use existing lootgroup probabilities) but I'm noticing the 'total number of items in a container" appears to be set by this "count" property on the toplevel (likely all of them( lootgroup.  So to get the "old school feel" you might also have to be more careful what lootgroup you put new items/groups in.  Most of my "You've got mail" mod has custom lootgroups, and I was missing this count on them so every one would just dump its contents (like 4 boxes and 3 letters in a mailbox) in weird ways.  Once I acced counts ( and "force_prob = true like you mentioned" it appear to be working like teh old days... perhaps too well actually... I need to test more....

Anyway: thanks for the info! I hadn't really looked too hard at it and didn't notice all the little differences until you mentioned them!

Update: Loot re-balancing and Minor fixes. They are here: 7D2D-Doughs-Mods-a20

Modlet: SousChefOfTheApocalypse - Some loot groups (ovens specifically) were "broken", giving too much loot. Changed "Molding" to "Moldy" for some food.  Molding feels too much like "a mold for" and not "growing mold." Apparently the US and European countries also have different usage for "Mold" and "Mould" and they're almost opposites sometimes. "Moldy" at least looks better to me for now. Sorry non US people, its just how we do it ;)

Modlet: Nerf-FlashlightsAndLanterns - small loot re-balance

Modlet: UI-Hide-TheDayAndTime - added internal commented out XML so you can manually put back just the day OR the time if you want. Seems a bit overkill to make more mods just for this.

Modlet: Doughs-YouveGotMail - Serious loot re-balance. Loot contents and items seems to be "better" now.  You should no longer be opening a mailbox and getting 10 items on day 1.  Hopefully book loot is working now (didn't test too much though so any feedback is welcome). I want items to "be found occasionally" even on day 1 but not "every time I open something" or "never can find".  Note: Not using "loot scaling templates" because I don't want you to miss an item ( like  book) and not be able to get it just because you're out of the "stone age".  I'll likely add this looting effect later once I make "new" a20 updates for this (more items, things to do, recipes, etc)

Update: Quick conversions of Khelldons Mods that require low a20 conversion effort. They are here: 7D2D-Doughs-Khelldons-Mods-a20

Modlet: Khelldon-BiggerBuckAndDoe

Modlet: Khelldon-BiggerChickenAndBunny

Modlet: Khelldon-GetHorny

Update: Quick conversions of Khelldons Mods to a20 conversion. They are here: 7D2D-Doughs-Khelldons-Mods-a20

Modlet: Khelldon-ComplexCobble - Made slightly more difficult.  Added new Lime item (craft only from stone) to make Mortar.  Added Mortar for repairing bricks.

Modlet: Khelldon-StarterCrate - Made small changes.  More random loot chances, and possibly less items. Removed guaranteed mining helmet

17 minutes ago, winkky said:

I didn't read through the whole 12 pages so forgive me if this was already adjusted. In your random entity maker, the AI for chickens is broken. The deer/stags work great. I haven't tested any other entities yet.

Thanks for the info, I wasn’t aware of that issue.  how it is broken (like what is the chicken doing/not doing?) and what version of the game are you playing it in?

The entity randomizer hopefully will get a “rework” for a20. The first version was a quick and dirty “test run” to see if it was even going to work :) as I wasn’t sure if the game could handle thousands of zombie variants (apparently it can). I hope to either convert it to python (language) or just untangle the code and make it much more user friendly to run.  I’ve seen some other mods that have some “randomness” in them for zeds and I’m hoping to study them to see if I can make the randomization “logic” better.

I am playing A20 "stable alpha". I took some of the chickens from https://github.com/doughphunghus/7D2D-EntityRandomizer/tree/master/Pre-Generated-Modlets/Doughs-RandEnts_For_a19.5.b50_vanilla-friendly-animals-only-400-clones and it gave a red errors about the AI not existing. I'm at work so I can't give the exact error. I also don't know enough about the AI options change from A19 to A20 to have any meaningful discourse.

It is impressive that you did it in Perl, I haven't touched Perl since 1996!

@winkky Yeah I bet its XMl incompatibilities.  The randomizer makes copies of each entity, then essentially has rules on how to randomize each one.  If the entity XML changed from a19 -> a20 then it makes sense that it would have issues.  I'll se if I can generate some more for the latest a20 stable and experimental so maybe you can get some copies that work better, but other than light testing ( load them all up and spawn a few zeds to make sure they at least run around/attack) I can't be sure it will work 100% great in a20 as all the rules (and values) were designed around a20.

Also: yeah, Perl was my first "use for work" language, and it is so backwards compatible (and in version 5.x for ... well, its still in 5.x since 1998? ) that I've used it "almost forever" for anything I want to "get dun quick and fast" but its showing its age a lot when you want to do anything "new and cool".

3 hours ago, TiTANSTORM said:

I am trying to add specific items to the starter crate. One of the items is the JaxTeller FiberCutter which, when I add the name, the server tosses an error that the item cannot be found. Is it possible to add specific items?

Mods load in alphabetical order by their top level folder name (that are in the "Mods" folder). My first guess is that the Starter Crate's Mod folder starts with "Doughs..." and JaxTeller's mod starts with "JaxTeller..." so the starter create loads first, and there is not yet a 'JaxTeller FiberCutter' loaded for it to add.  Try renaming the Jaxteller mod folder to load before mine ( e.g. rename the folder "1-JaxTeller..." or a-JaxTeller..." or similar) or make mine load last ( e.g. rename the starter create mod folder "z-Doughs....")

• 2 weeks later...

Bro, for most of the mods, I am facing a few issues. 

The options window from main menu does not open. Would appreciate if somebody can educate me how to set controls from outside the game or where the keyboard control settings are stored.

Secondly, I can see only white shade and shining on POIs from a distance and can see what exactly is the building only if I go close to it.

What can be the issue ? This is for Alpha 19.4 and Win 10.

Thank you very much for reading.

On 12/30/2021 at 1:00 AM, doughphunghus said:

Update: Quick and dirty conversion of some a19 mods to a20 b238 (stable). They are here: 7D2D-Doughs-Mods-a20

Modlet: YouveGotMail

New a20 Mods:

Modlet: GiveMeABreak - Increases falling damage so you cannot fall from as high without taking leg damage. > 3-4 blocks has chances to sprain/break/etc.   It now might feel "more natural" to jump off of the roof of a house (for example) as you're more likely going to get hurt.

Modlet: Remove-CompassPoints - Removes the compass points and directional markers/ordinals. The 'Compass' is now just a useful area to see markers on the map. Companion mod to use with Remove-TheMap

does the mod GiveMeABreak Work only for Players or also for other Entitys like zombies and animals ?

41 minutes ago, TimmyWithTheBat said:

does the mod GiveMeABreak Work only for Players or also for other Entitys like zombies and animals ?

Actually, I don’t know :)  it just changes the main leg break buff so if anything else is using it (animals/zombies) then it would, but I have no idea if this code is run for them. My guess is “no” as I don’t think I’ve seen animals break their legs (visibly) and some changes were made long ago so that zeds would not die if made to fall into deep pits, they just lose like 30% of health after each fall? Just the fact they seem to have different “fall damage logic” makes me think they do not get the buff.  I’m not sure how to check buff status on anything but the player so I’m not sure how to test it

On 1/29/2022 at 4:51 AM, Ganeshakw said:

Bro, for most of the mods, I am facing a few issues. 

The options window from main menu does not open. Would appreciate if somebody can educate me how to set controls from outside the game or where the keyboard control settings are stored.

Secondly, I can see only white shade and shining on POIs from a distance and can see what exactly is the building only if I go close to it.

What can be the issue ? This is for Alpha 19.4 and Win 10.

Thank you very much for reading.

I’m not sure but are you having issues with my mods (like only mine were loaded)?  Unless there’s a version mismatch between the version of the game you are using and the mod, then you might have an issue with the vanilla game files. 

I’ll try to give some advice:

for the first issue (menu issues):

1. Remove all mods.

2. Use Stan to validate the game files (in the properties of the game, under “local files” I think.  This will redownload game files with issues. Sometimes they just get messed up.

3. Try to see if the menu issue goes away

if it does, and you’re using mods, to to add your mods back, one by one until the issue reappears.  It may not be a particular mod causing the issue but instead a conflict between multiple mods so it can be hard to hunt down what is causing this.

for the second issue: The shining and other issues can me a multitude of things, but there’s a command that might turn the shimmer off…  You have to go into the debug console. To open the console: hit F1, then type “dm” (without the quotes) to turn on debug mode. Type in “pois” (no quotes) and the poi shimmer issue might go away.  Then type in “dm” to turn debug mode off. Then hit the close button on the command window. 

I think the poi shimmer issue is related to some mesh issues that had in a19, that they are supposed to have fixed in a20 (though there may be issues in some cases, fixing it is different in a20 as there are some mesh update Config options in the menus now).

also: the “pois” command I think turns off remote meshes or something (I don’t remember) but I’m not sure how it affects other things like far away pois, meaning they might not show or they all show in some form but are blockier. 

also: the game has had a lot of changes in a20, but the “stuff popping in and out” as you get closer is still kinda a thing and is (as far as I can tell, just my thoughts) likely related to game settings and them trying to default to give you a decent FPS for your system. Meaning: if you have a potato PC, the defaults will be set to try to give you decent FPS, but may cause the popping in and out of graphics. I think it has something to do with rendering objects distance and the worse PC power you have, the closer it makes it to your player before certain things render in fully, so farther ones do not tense fully (or at all) and tend to pop into place at certain distances.  “But I have an amazing graphics card” you may say, well from reading the forums, the best I can say is that the game is reported to be more of a CPU consumer than graphics card consumer. “But my PC is powerful with thousands of cpus!” Well, also have read there’s a diminishing return on the number of cpus and other things (because of what threads can be run on independent cpu cores). Long story short: if you’re still having graphics issues a better place to post would be the “general support” forum as there are people there who are much more familiar with the system requirements and limitations and other issues like this than I am.