Doughs modlets

doughphunghus

3 hours ago, doughphunghus said:

@DefiantDucky I loaded the mods up and am unable to reproduce so far, though I'm in a simple player game.

My best guess is still that mods were changed and removed blocks or items during an in progress game, and then this caused those items that were in player inventories to show the zed hands (as that I can reproduce as a known thing). An idea to try is to have people keep playing and if you removed a mod recently and know what it was put that mod back and see if the items are fixed (or more items), but it might just cause more chaos to do this.  not sure what kind of a game you're running (family/friends or lots of unknown people)

Other than gathering more data, I can't see why this would be a "mailboxes mostly" problem, other than my You've Got Mail mod has a large list of items and are mostly in mailboxes, so if there was another mod removed maybe "You've got mail" was hit harder by the items changing around (as its item count is likely a majority of the games items in mailboxes).  I also notice you have the Dad's jokes mod, which also adds to mailboxes and is a lot of items, so maybe it appears mostly in mailboxes due to these 2 mods just adding a LOT of items and thus having a huge loot table when something got corrupted/shifted so its easier to see the effects in mailboxes. You mention that "things in containers" change after restarts and this is a similar symptom that points to an item or something changing and on reload the game cannot find that item. It might be also that people put items from You've got Mail and Dads jokes in these containers so its similar to the mailbox issue?

I've loaded a lot of mods before so the warning you get on startup/load are kinda normal (from my experience) given how some people make their mods (making some warnings not a problem).  So far I'm not seeing an issue.  Another test that would be good is to start a fresh new game and map and load these mods and then make no mod changes and let people play for awhile just to test and see if they can reproduce/See if the issue comes back. TFP has a "did you delete all saves" and other questions when submitting a bug report to make sure there's just not an anomaly somewhere and I think you may need to follow these steps too f it persists to make sure the game is loaded 'clean" so if the issues returns it's more things weeded out.

I've looked in the ConfigDump/loot.xml with all these mods loaded and it looks similar to before (when I tested the other mods). If you're completely unable to find the issue I'd suggest removing "Robeloto_CustomZombies_XML_VERSION" and seeing if that helps as its adding its loot groups to a LOT of loot groups in the game.  maybe its causing some part of it when mixed with the other mods?  it might be that multiple mods are not playing well together somehow.

ummm.. one other possibility: maybe your game is corrupted? Maps get corrupted sometimes, maybe something happened to the map/save game?  I don't have any info on how to check/fix other than manual chunk resets... but others may have better ideas than this.  Maybe there's a way to "clean up' the games loot list (if its corrupted) to resync the items loaded, and then just go in and have everyone drop/scrap the zed hands everywhere.  they may still be in any already searched container that populate a loot list though, so you'll keep finding them for awhile if you use this method.

Anyway,
I'll keep my game and your mods on my system for awhile as a save game, if you can find a good way to reproduce or more "symptoms"
 or containers people are finding them in or I think of something else I can load it up and try/look some more.

Hello again, I believe I have found one of the root causes.

A farming, fishing and animal domestication mod... I have contacted the owners to inform them of this development. I tested this out in single player and it is confirmed to be the culprit of a secondary problem of plant fiber clothing being unscrappable. After deleting this mod, resetting the map the loot tables have also have seemed to reset. We are fully back in control with no error logs or loot showing after 2 hours.

@doughphunghus Thank you so much for your time, as soon as you mentioned loot tables I recognized something, thank you and thank you for your great work

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

Hi @doughphunghus,

I find the idea with the display of the names (Hide HP Bar But Show Name) really great.

I downloaded it right away and tried it once.

The display works, but I found the alignment of the text (left) not so nice and then tested a little how I can make it nicer.

Here is my result (only windows.xml):

<remove xpath="/windows/window[@name='windowTargetBar']"/>
<append xpath="/windows">
	<window name="windowTargetBar" controller="TargetBar" visibility="always">
		<rect pos="-200,-85" width="400" height="36">
			<sprite depth="1" name="border" color="0,0,0,0" type="sliced" width="400" globalopacity="false" />
			<filledsprite depth="2" name="BarContent" type="filled" color="0,0,0,0" width="400" fill="{fill}" globalopacity="false" />
			<label depth="3" name="TextContent" pos="200,-4" font_size="15" color="255,200,200" justify="center" pivot="center" text="{name}" height="30" />
			<label depth="5" name="MinionCount" pos="482,-13" font_size="30" color="0,0,0,0" justify="left" pivot="topleft" text="x{minioncount}" height="30" effect="Outline8" effect_color="0,0,0,255" effect_distance="2,2" />
		</rect>
	</window>
</append>

It will look like this in the game (sorry i play german ;) )

show_zombiename.thumb.png.01a57ced4e187de23e438d849d5564e4.png

I have made other adjustments to the UI, but here it is only about the display of the name, and that works.

Then one more hint. The xui.xml does not need to be adjusted at all. The windowTargetBar is already included in the compass group.

Greetings :)

Edited by dwarfmaster1974
wrong emoticons :) (see edit history)

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, dwarfmaster1974 said:

Hi @doughphunghus,

I find the idea with the display of the names (Hide HP Bar But Show Name) really great.

I downloaded it right away and tried it once.

The display works, but I found the alignment of the text (left) not so nice and then tested a little how I can make it nicer.

Here is my result (only windows.xml):

<remove xpath="/windows/window[@name='windowTargetBar']"/>
<append xpath="/windows">
	<window name="windowTargetBar" controller="TargetBar" visibility="always">
		<rect pos="-200,-85" width="400" height="36">
			<sprite depth="1" name="border" color="0,0,0,0" type="sliced" width="400" globalopacity="false" />
			<filledsprite depth="2" name="BarContent" type="filled" color="0,0,0,0" width="400" fill="{fill}" globalopacity="false" />
			<label depth="3" name="TextContent" pos="200,-4" font_size="15" color="255,200,200" justify="center" pivot="center" text="{name}" height="30" />
			<label depth="5" name="MinionCount" pos="482,-13" font_size="30" color="0,0,0,0" justify="left" pivot="topleft" text="x{minioncount}" height="30" effect="Outline8" effect_color="0,0,0,255" effect_distance="2,2" />
		</rect>
	</window>
</append>

It will look like this in the game (sorry i play german ;) )

show_zombiename.thumb.png.01a57ced4e187de23e438d849d5564e4.png

I have made other adjustments to the UI, but here it is only about the display of the name, and that works.

Then one more hint. The xui.xml does not need to be adjusted at all. The windowTargetBar is already included in the compass group.

Greetings :)

@dwarfmaster1974 - thanks for the input and the xml! I’ll check it out when I can (likely tonight) and merge your changes in if it tests well (it should, unless there’s something there that conflicts with something. I try to have most of my mods all able to load up together with no errors/warnings).

you are doing some “removal”

of elements so I might see if I can just do overwrite/append as that’s more likely to play well if this mod is loaded with other mods (it seems), and is a bit easier to manage sometimes when the game updates and if the XML for this element changes but having the full XML is very helpful.

im also not sure if I purposefully chose left for any reason or just did out of habit for formatting possible

long text, but your screenshot shows a long name fits well

Edited by doughphunghus (see edit history)