Having trouble finding parts/recipe for bike and mini bike

Heafus

Hi, I'm at day 21 and I am struggling to find the bicycle chasis and the mini bike handle bars. I have the other pieces, but cannot do much with them at this point. I have the skills unlocked, I have searched two entire towns and am just not finding either of those pieces/recipes.

All the youtubers I watch always have a bike and/or mini bike by this point in the game. Is this just bad RNG for me or is there something I'm not doing right? Is it normal to not have a bike by day 21?

Thanks

Yeah, it’s normal. I’ve had a few games like that.

It helps to find all of the traders and visit them as much as possible. I know it’s hard to do when you don’t have a vehicle in the first place.

One way to deal with that is if you can find some running shoes and a sports jacket. Another way, which is what I normally do, is when you go out to do trader quests or challenges, always leave a little extra time to extend your exploration out beyond the POI you go to... try to reveal at least some uncovered ground each and every time.

Other times you might have to actually make a journey of it. After a horde night get prepared for the next as quickly as possible, pack your things, and then start a journey on foot for a few days.

Yes, it's bad luck ;)

When you can't find essential recipes, the only advice I can give you is to put a few points in the Intel tree. Nerd glasses can help.

Later, you will be able to afford the fergettin' Elixir and delete these points. As soon as you own a vehicle, you do everything faster and obviously earn more money in a day than a guy who walks. Everyone makes fun of this guy. Don't be that guy ^^.

I can't find the recipes for them.

Once you have unlocked the skills, you no longer need the recipes. You can either find the recipes or you can invest points in the Grease Monkey Skill. You don't need to do both.

If you find all the parts then you can also build the vehicles without having a recipe or unlocked the skills. All you need is a working workbench.

For example, I found a part of the minibike and unlocked another part via a recipe. I could then make the missing part in the trader's workbench and had a minibike on day 3.

Sometimes you gotta blow that first point on almost useless grease monkey to get a bicycle up and running. That gets you the mobility to find the other traders and knock quest out one after the other and find schematics. Yea it hurts to lose that point but getting the bike lets you expand your area and get the rest of it without wasting your points on INT. Which saves you in the long run from having to waste dukes on a respec later.

You need to find Car Parts loot boxes (there are other cardboard boxes that can randomly generate vehicle parts but I'm not 100% sure which ones). They are in commercial POIs like the military base.

I have a bicycle and a minibike without a single point in Grease Monkey from looting the handlebars and chassis from these types of POIs like I believe you are trying to do.

One skill point into grease monkey on day one is not a sacrifice. Build the bike as soon as you can. After that, raid every auto shop garage you can bike to. I had a motorcycle and gyrocopter by day 21 and never put any more points into grease monkey after the bike.

One skill point into grease monkey on day one is not a sacrifice. Build the bike as soon as you can. After that, raid every auto shop garage you can bike to. I had a motorcycle and gyrocopter by day 21 and never put any more points into grease monkey after the bike.

Toss a few points into perception and lucky looter as well to get those odds in your favor while you are at it.

Archived